PDA

View Full Version : Learning to live without food

WhiteLove
26th September 2015, 20:40
Recently I've started pondering whether it is possible for the human being to live off of alternative energy sources other than food, such as from light. It appears to me that when you are hungry, you are hungry relative to the size of your stomach and the size of your stomach decreases when you eat less and less food. I am then thinking that maybe the human stomach is designed primarily to eat off of nature in a rather random fashion, that the body can be in a 100% absorb mode and be totally self sustaining. I am then wondering what life would be like if you existed in such a mode, for sure you should feel at least very light... But I am also thinking that maybe living off of alternative energy sources somehow can start activating certain portions of our DNA that works when the body is in a state of high lightness and that maybe getting more of that kind of energy can cause certain states of being such as maybe eventually growing the ability to communicate emotionally. What I noticed when I experienced an altered state of being where I was able to communicate emotionally, was how light my body felt...

Is our body actually constantly exhausted beyond the threshold so that it has to get rid of what it receives because it receives more than it can consume? Similar to drinking too much alcohol, except it's not poison the body gets rid of.

What do you think? :confused:

Meggings
26th September 2015, 21:00
Years ago I came across Jericho Sunfire. (He changed his name progressively as he evolved progressively.) I admire him immensely. I have not heard from him for years - the last was when he was in Glastonbury, UK, pretty nearly as penniless as I am. He refuses to call himself a "breatharian". He refuses to be anyone's guru. This is a picture of him (he also progressively got more tatoos). So far as I know, he'd been living without solid food for some years.

An internet search brought this up, written by him and posted sometime in 2014:
http://www.animalibera.net/2014/01/what-would-you-do-by-genesis-sunfire.html

So I ask, WHAT...

1) If you found out that you didn't really need meat to live and that all the protien was actually killing you instead of making you healthy and strong, would you stop eating meat?
2) If you found out that smoking was bad for your health and those around you, would you stop smoking?
3) If you found out that alcohol was bad for your health, would you stop drinking alcohol?
4) If you found out fast food was addictive and unhealthy would you still take your children to eat burgers, fries and milk shake?
5) If you found out that milk wasn't so healthy after all and full of growth hormones and steroids, would you still drink it?
6) If you found out that cooked/processed foods are as addictive as hard drugs would you still eat it/feed it to your children?
7) If you found out that the food you eat makes you sick, would you still eat it/feed it to your children?
8) If you found out that the same companies that make vegan food are the same companies that produce meat products with the same machines, would you still eat the vegan products?
9) If you found out that Your water supply was being poisoned would you still drink from it?
10) If you found out that you actually could live without food and liquid, would you do it?

So what would you do, we all know someone who's been in one of these situations and you may say that you have a relative that lived to be 180 and all they ate was corn chips, bread and drank coke everyday, so cooked food ain't that bad, well c'mon how many times does that ever happen and how many times do you ever hear of the 22 year old getting cancer or of children going into puberty earlier and getting obese at earlier ages...

Why aren't people able to make better decisions when it comes to diet?
Why aren't we taught about our divinity, how to maintain our auras and cleanse our bodies at school instead of being taught junk about the past?

So...What are you going to do?

Selkie
26th September 2015, 21:17
Does he still have that kind of muscle mass today?

addition Some people are freaky in a good way, and can do that kind of thing without harming themselves. That doesn't mean that the rest of us can follow their example without harming ourselves. Just a thought.

WhiteLove
26th September 2015, 21:18
Why aren't we taught about our divinity, how to maintain our auras and cleanse our bodies at school instead of being taught junk about the past?

So...What are you going to do?[/INDENT]

Thanks Meggings, this was very interesting to read. Currently I am interested in starting a period of entering a state of very hungry, then eat to the point of "a little hungry", then gradually learn to control the abstinence/cravings and slowly step by step let the body go into the mode of being pretty much self sustained. Then once it has reached that state, then I eat randomly when the body or situation asks for it. I'm interested to find out whether it's possible to live like this and what are some of the pros of focusing on getting energy from other kinds of energy sources instead.

rukRahGs0O0

Selkie
26th September 2015, 21:20

So...What are you going to do?[/INDENT]

Thanks Meggings, this was very interesting to read. Currently I am interested in starting a period of entering a state of very hungry, then eat to the point of "a little hungry", then gradually learn to control the abstinence/cravings and slowly step by step let the body go into the mode of being pretty much self sustained. Then once it has reached that state, then I eat randomly when the body or situation asks for it. I'm interested to find out whether it's possible to live like this and what are some of the pros of focusing on getting energy from other kinds of energy sources instead.

Actually, thank you...that sounds like a very good approach!

Jupi7er
26th September 2015, 21:59
I met a woman in London Ont Can who told her children that by staring into the sun they could receive energy and not need food.
She had 2 beautiful children, she (separated single mother) and the 2, 7-8 yr. old kids became very ill.
I went 22 days without food and also became very sick.
I read about people like the Buddha boy who go without food and guru yogis in Himalayas who live without food
I never meet such people in real life.

1) If you found out that you didn't really need meat to live and that all the protein was actually killing you instead of making you healthy and strong, would you stop eating meat? DONE THAT, then found GMO veggies were killing me
2) If you found out that smoking was bad for your health and those around you, would you stop smoking?
DONE THAT
3) If you found out that alcohol was bad for your health, would you stop drinking alcohol?
DONE THAT
4) If you found out fast food was addictive and unhealthy would you still take your children to eat burgers, fries and milk shake?
I haven't and wouldn't bring kids to this world state
5) If you found out that milk wasn't so healthy after all and full of growth hormones and steroids, would you still drink it?
DONE THAT, then learned Aryans assimilate milk very well, but its VERY radioactive from Fukushima
6) If you found out that cooked/processed foods are as addictive as hard drugs would you still eat it?
DONE THAT
7) If you found out that the food you eat makes you sick, would you still eat it
DONE THAT
8) If you found out that the same companies that make vegan food are the same companies that produce meat products with the same machines, would you still eat the vegan products? DONE THAT
9) If you found out that Your water supply was being poisoned would you still drink from it?
DONE THAT I drink only spring water even traveling
10) If you found out that you actually could live without food and liquid, would you do it?
DONE THAT, almost died after 22 days

I knew vegans in Cali in 1976 who had their kids taken by Govt for health risks
The father then committed suicide.

Other Vegans include
Pol Pot
Manson
Hitler
and other interesting people.

Most alleged vegan powders aren't vegan in my research
I published a ZINE titled THE SEED on Van Isle and researched meticulously
finding that 60% of labeled organic products AREN'T organic, its fraud.
or they contain non organic ingredients not listed.
or they are suspect of containing things like COLORING FROM BEETLES
or even flavoring from stem cells.

I've been in Amazon where the NATURAL diet includes still born umbilical cords ( a delicacy) live grubs, living serpents and fish, raw blood, and wild plants
all raw uncooked, these tribes use ayahuasca deep in the jungle very rarely as the deeper one gets the less fire is used in cooking.
This hunter gatherer diet is most natural requiring no civilization, no technology, and no dependence outside nature.

I spent 3 yrs in Amazon looking at how tribes live, I never took ayahuasca as it was basically a narco-tourism phenomena
in Iquitos and area, and the REAL (unraped) tribes don't cook and therefore psychoactive plants aren't used ritually, but only as gathered
as per what I could ascertain. It is very difficult to penetrate such tribes as survival and return (to civilization) is rare.
Once you integrate you really need an extraction to get out.

EDIT:

Regarding tabacco I found in Amazon that the plant is applied externally only RAW
never smoked. Same aplies to Cannabis, it is used as a food eaten raw, once activated it is undesirable as it stupifies robbing the user of necessay survival skills.
Anything smoked is a poison IMV ... all smoke is toxic.
You can meet REAL people by walking 50 miles into the jungle, you may not ever walk back out.
All the rest of this world if fake and baed on destructive alien tecnology which destroys planets.

This is ONE VIEW ...

Linda Joy Crutcher
26th September 2015, 22:02
I actually did experience water and light survival, albeit, for only a couple of weeks. We can sustain life with just light and water when we resonate with our super consciousness. Resonance with the man-mind bank of belief is the only thing that keeps us attached to food and the other things we think we can't live without. But, listen, we're here to enjoy the physical, and the five senses through which we process all seemingly tangible energy, including food . . . it's just fun!

DeDukshyn
27th September 2015, 00:05
Some people claim to eat little or no food, and have been observed as such ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlad_Jani

http://humansarefree.com/2011/07/amazing-indian-who-doesnt-need-food-to.html

Personally I can go several days without food and doesn't bother me much. Not sure why, exactly.

Valley
27th September 2015, 01:03

Personally I can go several days without food and doesn't bother me much. Not sure why, exactly.

Do you do a lot of deep breathing, by any chance? I've found that by doing a good amount of deep breathing, the hunger sensations/cravings in the body go away... Haven't tried going beyond 7 days without food yet though. Air is not really thought about as sustenance much, but the body can go for only a short amount of time without it... only a few minutes. It can go for days without without food or water even... normally.

Meggings
27th September 2015, 01:13
I believe Jericho (Genesis) Sunfire experienced a great deal of attack from people. He also realized his path was one he found himself and he did not encourage anyone else to copy him. For a very short time he had a facebook page. This below he wrote, posting it on facebook more than three years ago. I cannot exactly recall how we got to exchange emails, but in the years I "lived in the light" I came in contact with many around the world who were remarkable souls.

"The Awakening"

I finally woke up and smelled the coffee
I decided that this lifestyle makes no sense and is no longer for me
I lived a life of bad mindedness and blindness
I never once thought to ask why I got sick I must confess
For years I got the same colds and flu’s everyone else got
I thought it was normal everyday living to be filled with thick green snot

Dirty foods with cheap ingredients ruled the day
It was all we could afford and we knew no other way
Everybody lives this way and no one asks why
everybody gets sick, fat, drunk, crazy and just waiting to die

Is this really life to me it’s just pain and strife
I feel dark and troubled in need of lightness
I look past the concrete and into the horizon to see rays of brightness
Is this the answer I’ve been looking for
it feels like being in a dark room when someone opens the door
the answer to why I get sick and find it hard to inhale
the answer to why I feel so tired, weak, old and frail

The brightness guides me along my new path
I smile as I leave behind the edible weapons of mass destruction and aftermath
I used to be a walking cesspit with no rhyme nor reason
Now I’ve learnt to eat my fruits by going by the season
I know it will be hard to let go of my old ways
but at least I can now look forward to better days.

This video is from years ago. He states right off he does not teach breatharianism. He does say that it would be a personal journal of one's own evolution. He speaks of "an intuitive connection to the universe".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWHN0tr93k

DeDukshyn
27th September 2015, 01:30

Do you do a lot of deep breathing, by any chance? I've found that by doing a good amount of deep breathing, the hunger sensations/cravings in the body go away... Haven't tried going beyond 7 days without food yet though. Air is not really thought about as sustenance much, but the body can go for only a short amount of time without it... only a few minutes. It can go for days without without food or water even... normally.

Yup, I've trained my body long ago to autonomously deep breath (although I need more practice / focus again in this area, but I still likely am far better than most) and my lungs (despite having been a past smoker) have excellent capacity. Last I checked I could hold my breath for over 2 minutes and I can slow my breath to 2 per minute. Oxygen is certainly a supply of energy when the body is in an aerobic state, I think perhaps all my focus on breathing when I was younger help shift my resting state toward aerobic as opposed to anaerobic, as is normally the case.

I have only gone about 3-4 without eating, but I have also never tried really hard.

Elainie
27th September 2015, 01:55
I believe Jericho (Genesis) Sunfire experienced a great deal of attack from people. He also realized his path was one he found himself and he did not encourage anyone else to copy him. For a very short time he had a facebook page. This below he wrote, posting it on facebook more than three years ago. I cannot exactly recall how we got to exchange emails, but in the years I "lived in the light" I came in contact with many around the world who were remarkable souls.

"The Awakening"

I finally woke up and smelled the coffee
I decided that this lifestyle makes no sense and is no longer for me
I lived a life of bad mindedness and blindness
I never once thought to ask why I got sick I must confess
For years I got the same colds and flu’s everyone else got
I thought it was normal everyday living to be filled with thick green snot

Dirty foods with cheap ingredients ruled the day
It was all we could afford and we knew no other way
Everybody lives this way and no one asks why
everybody gets sick, fat, drunk, crazy and just waiting to die

Is this really life to me it’s just pain and strife
I feel dark and troubled in need of lightness
I look past the concrete and into the horizon to see rays of brightness
Is this the answer I’ve been looking for
it feels like being in a dark room when someone opens the door
the answer to why I get sick and find it hard to inhale
the answer to why I feel so tired, weak, old and frail

The brightness guides me along my new path
I smile as I leave behind the edible weapons of mass destruction and aftermath
I used to be a walking cesspit with no rhyme nor reason
Now I’ve learnt to eat my fruits by going by the season
I know it will be hard to let go of my old ways
but at least I can now look forward to better days.

This video is from years ago. He states right off he does not teach breatharianism. He does say that it would be a personal journal of one's own evolution. He speaks of "an intuitive connection to the universe".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWHN0tr93k

I have several friends that know Jericho(Genesis) and live in the UK (all are in the raw foods circle in Glastonbury), they told me he looks terrible now, he's lost many of his teeth and does not appear to be mentally stable. I feel we need to be careful here as the internet has created a haven for all sorts of sensationalism.

Edited to add; I used to be in communication with him as well (so were my oldest daughters) as we got to the point after years of only eating raw foods where we were unable to digest even the simplest of raw foods and at that point we decided well let's try to live off prana.

Meggings
27th September 2015, 02:22
Thank you for your update, Elainie. I did know he'd lost teeth, but I thought it was because he had no money for dental work.

amor
27th September 2015, 05:04
Everything on this planet seems to be eating something. Does anyone know of an animal that does not consume food? I believe this would require some extreme genetic alteration.

Valley
27th September 2015, 06:35
Here's an interview with one of the most well-known 'breathers'... Jasmuheen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPU-jojq5Y

Selkie
27th September 2015, 17:25
I should clarify that I have no intention of going non-food, but WhiteLove's post sounds like a great way to adapt oneself to less food, as when one is trying to lose weight.

Meggings
27th September 2015, 17:53
This is from the end of Jericho Sunfire's book (in pdf format):

"...please give it careful thought and make sure you know what you’re getting into.

"At the end of the day we all need to look after ourselves and realise that we are divine beings, we are Gods, Goddesses, Kings and Queens. We have been conditioned to look good but feel crap and value material objects more than the health and condition of our bodies. Well I’m here to tell you to quit that mess and realise your own inner beauty, your own inner strengths because you are beauty and strength in its greatest form, and you need no one’s approval or validation because you live by no one’s standard but your own. If you see something about yourself or areas in your life such as neglected health and fitness then by all means don’t be scare off by naysayers and doubters, dare to be different and take action today because you are truly worth every single minute because you are a divine being, a God, a Goddess, a King and a Queen and don’t let anybody tell you or treat you different, so cherish yourself and others around you.

"I hope this book has helped you see past the BS, romance and idealism of going Fruitarian and beyond, I know it hasn’t been the most positive book in the world but at the end of the day it’s my story and I can only tell it like it happened, it’s been tough and I feel it’s important to include the good and the bad because without the bad to learn from I wouldn’t be here to tell the tale, I’d still be eating cooked food taking the easy way out, I didn’t learn anything from the good stuff but I’m thankful for both. Our society is on a suicide mission and most people go through life on cooked food knowing what they are eating is bad for their health but they cannot stop or break away from doing it and I’ve seen many people that would rather die of cancer than stop smoking or die of liver damage rather than stop drinking alcohol, I didn’t want to go through life knowing that I was the one that was killing myself, I wanted to get back in control and live a real life as a real person and not a dumbed-down clone, so I fought to make a change, I sincerely hope that you will have the desire to do the same."

Bubu
27th September 2015, 19:30
I have tried to live without food I cant. But I do manage to reduce my food intake to around 20% of what I used to consume. Shrink tummy from 36 to 29. Feel very light and in top shape. When I am out working under the sun I barely feel hunger. It maybe possible to eat very little or nothing but the body must be trained from a very young age, consciously or unconsciously so it can evolve/adjust to the situation. When I told my son about breatharianism, he promptly ask "why do we have stomach"

Elainie
27th September 2015, 20:28
Sometimes referred to as "air cult" by the media.
Breatharianism is a concept which promotes living on light and almost entirely without food and liquids. Jasmuheen, its most prominent promoter, has been exposed as a fraud, but not before several followers of her philosophy died.
Her book, "Living on Light," is also titled "Pranic Nourishment," referring to the Hindu concept of prana - Sanskrit for "breath" or "life-force."
(...) New Age guru Jasmuheen, 42, formerly Australian businesswoman Ellen Greve, claims to have 5,000 devotees to her "breatharian" programme.
She stood by her diet regime yesterday despite the death of disciple Verity Linn. (...)
"I can go for months and months without having anything at all other than a cup of tea," she said. "My body runs on a different kind of nourishment." She said that some people have gone for up to six years without eating or drinking. (...)
Breatharians believe they are sustained by Pranic light, an ancient spiritual belief in the light of God which is found across the universe and inside everyone. But the organisation has been dogged by scandal.
In 1983, most of the leadership of the cult in California resigned when Wiley Brooks, its 47-year-old leader, who claimed not to have eaten for 19 years, was caught sneaking into a hotel and ordering a chicken pie.
The cult originated in China and the Far East. Last year a monk in Bangalore claimed to have fasted for a 365 days, drinking only one cup of hot water after sunrise and another before sunset. During this time he lost more than five stone. Western doctors who monitored his condition said it was astonishing.
Fasting guru defends cult as doctors warn that her disciples are on path to suicide, The Express (UK), Sep. 23, 1999
Jasmuheen and her philosophy were in the news recently when a Scottish woman trying the diet for the first time died. It was the third dead associated with the movement.
According to Jasmuheen, a former financier previously known as Ellen Greve, the elements contained in air - nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen and hydrogen - can sustain a body. She claims to have survived on air for five years although she also allows herself cups of herbal tea and chocolate biscuits.
Continuous fasting, known as "breatharianism", is also practised by Tibetan monks but for shorter periods. Jasmuheen claims to have 5,000 members of her cult worldwide.
'Living on air' cult follower dies during holiday fast, The Times (UK), Sep. 22, 1999
More recently, two Australian practitioners of breatharianism have been found guilty in the death of another follower. She died under their care while following the introductory, 21-day mediation diet. [See news archive]
Articles

Constance
27th September 2015, 20:42
There is another thread devoted to Breatharianism here...
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?34696-Breatharianism-and-living-on-Prana-a-how-to-guide

Valley
27th September 2015, 22:46
Breatharianism is a concept which promotes living on light and almost entirely without food and liquids. Jasmuheen, its most prominent promoter, has been exposed as a fraud, but not before several followers of her philosophy died.
Her book, "Living on Light," is also titled "Pranic Nourishment," referring to the Hindu concept of prana - Sanskrit for "breath" or "life-force."
(...) New Age guru Jasmuheen, 42, formerly Australian businesswoman Ellen Greve, claims to have 5,000 devotees to her "breatharian" programme.
She stood by her diet regime yesterday despite the death of disciple Verity Linn. (...)
"I can go for months and months without having anything at all other than a cup of tea," she said. "My body runs on a different kind of nourishment." She said that some people have gone for up to six years without eating or drinking. (...)
Breatharians believe they are sustained by Pranic light, an ancient spiritual belief in the light of God which is found across the universe and inside everyone. But the organisation has been dogged by scandal.
In 1983, most of the leadership of the cult in California resigned when Wiley Brooks, its 47-year-old leader, who claimed not to have eaten for 19 years, was caught sneaking into a hotel and ordering a chicken pie.
The cult originated in China and the Far East. Last year a monk in Bangalore claimed to have fasted for a 365 days, drinking only one cup of hot water after sunrise and another before sunset. During this time he lost more than five stone. Western doctors who monitored his condition said it was astonishing.
Fasting guru defends cult as doctors warn that her disciples are on path to suicide, The Express (UK), Sep. 23, 1999
Jasmuheen and her philosophy were in the news recently when a Scottish woman trying the diet for the first time died. It was the third dead associated with the movement.
According to Jasmuheen, a former financier previously known as Ellen Greve, the elements contained in air - nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen and hydrogen - can sustain a body. She claims to have survived on air for five years although she also allows herself cups of herbal tea and chocolate biscuits.
Continuous fasting, known as "breatharianism", is also practised by Tibetan monks but for shorter periods. Jasmuheen claims to have 5,000 members of her cult worldwide.
'Living on air' cult follower dies during holiday fast, The Times (UK), Sep. 22, 1999
More recently, two Australian practitioners of breatharianism have been found guilty in the death of another follower. She died under their care while following the introductory, 21-day mediation diet. [See news archive]
Articles

Interesting... I hadn't looked into any fraud claims of Jasmuheen. Other than followers dying, is there any evidence that she is a "fraud" and still eating? She says she's been 'going without' for 20+ years.

kirolak
28th September 2015, 06:55
Personally, I suspect it is the INTENTION of the person that counts. . . just from my own perspective, I can not live without 3 small meals of lightly cooked brown rice plus other vegetables, every day; I get hemiplegic migraine attacks if I try to fast. I've never eaten flesh, & gave up dairy years ago when I realized how much cruelty was involved. I've noticed that those who become vegan for their health usually fall by the wayside, but those who are vegan in order to do as little harm as they can, usually stay with it & their bodies adapt.

Elainie
28th September 2015, 07:33
Articles

Interesting... I hadn't looked into any fraud claims of Jasmuheen. Other than followers dying, is there any evidence that she is a "fraud" and still eating? She says she's been 'going without' for 20+ years.

Jasmuheen
Can people live on nothing but air?

Who checks up on people making outrageous claims?

I talk to Jasmuheen who claims to have eaten nothing for 4 years.

TRANSCRIPT

(PAUL) When someone makes an outrageous claim, should they have to prove it? And what test would be satisfactory? Meet Jasmuheen. You have an unusual diet - can you tell us about it?

(JASMUHEEN) Yes, generally I tend to live off what I call prahnic nourishment. You can get your vitamins and nourishment from vitamins and minerals contained within food, or you can bypass food and hook into what we call the universal life force which is prahna.

(PAUL) Could you tell me exactly what you would consume in a day?

(JASMUHEEN) Generally not much at all. Maybe a few cups of tea and a glass of water, but now and then if I feel a bit bored and I want some flavour, then I will have a mouthful of whatever it is I'm wanting the flavour of. So it might be a piece of chocolate or it might be a mouthful of a cheesecake or something like that.

(PAUL) You've been quoted as saying that this could be a solution to global starvation, and that people suffering from anorexia are interested in your techniques. Is this something that anyone can do?

(JASMUHEEN) It is something that anyone can do. With the anorexic people it's not just a dietary thing, that's what it manifests itself as. It is very much tied up with issues of lack of self worth etc, so that needs to be cleared before anything else can take place. With global hunger it's a matter of re-education so that people can take control over the physical vehicle, tune themselves and then living on prahna is very easy. We free ourselves from very basic primordial fear, which is if you don't eat you're going to die - well that's not true.

(PAUL) What's the general reaction been to your claims?

(JASMUHEEN) Depends what country. I just did a tour through Europe and the media reports were excellent. In Australia I think it's a little different - Australians are naturally skeptical. Anything they don't understand is often put into the too hard basket and let's dismiss it as a load of rubbish.

(JASMUHEEN) What we're looking for is to film a documentary. We want to have normal medical practitioners doing testing on a person going through the process before and after. We want to work with alternative therapists and we want to submit a very educational and very informative and very intelligent documentary that along the way happens to prove that this is possible.

(PAUL) But how could you prove what you say? I mean how could you prove that you're not sort of sneaking in a packet of Tim Tams under the doona?

(JASMUHEEN) You just live it you know. That's the purpose of the documentary. Because every time I'm doing media work - especially in Australia - it's like well we don't believe you, it's too extreme - prove it to us.

(PAUL) One claim that I thought could be tested relatively easily, according to your web pages, your DNA is changing to take up more hydrogen and is developing from 2 to 12 strands. Now they could be checked very quickly with a blood test, a simple blood test. Would you consent to such a testing?

(JASMUHEEN) Oh that depends. What I'd rather do is people go and have a look at the work of the Dalai Lama for example. Like in 1991 ---

(PAUL) Pardon me for interrupting, but I don't think he actually made the claim that he was restructuring his DNA, and this is a claim that could be tested. Further to it actually being tested, if you could actually prove that you have managed to manipulate your DNA there are groups like, say, the Australian Skeptics, who would gladly give you $30,000 just for being able to show that. So, would you be prepared to submit yourself to a blood test?

(JASMUHEEN) For blood test for DNA - I don't know. I'd have to really think about that one. I don't know what the relevance for it is.

(PAUL) So what you're saying is that there is no objective way to be able to test or prove what you're saying except by living it.

(JASMUHEEN) Yeah, exactly, live it!

(PAUL) So you don't think that if someone makes a claim you don't think that it's up to them to be able to prove it?

(JASMUHEEN) Oh it is, and it's up to them to do it in a way that keeps them happy and the people who are wanting proof done.

(PAUL) Jasmuheen is selling books and videos and lectures off the back of her unproven claims. So why doesn't she submit her claims to suitable testing? Her proposed video would be expensive, time consuming and easily bodged. But a blood test would be simple, cheap and cheat-proof. Perhaps this one little prick would ruin her story.

There is more- here's one: http://www.apologeticsindex.org/an991028.html#19

=== Breatharianism/Jasmuheen

19. Fresh-air dietician fails TV show's challenge
Yahoo! UK, Oct. 25, 1999
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/991025/23/9uiu.html
A dietician who claims it ispossible to live off fresh air has failed in a
television documentary to practise what she preaches.

An Australian programme, 60 Minutes, asked Jasmuheen, a former financial
adviser whose real name is Ellen Greve, to demonstrate that she could live
healthily without any nutrients other than air for one week.
(...)

Jasmuheen, who claims not to have eaten real food for years, agreed to be cut
off from the outside world for the test. But the programme-makers were forced
to call a halt to the trial after four days when she showed signs of becoming
seriously ill.

Jasmuheen had initially been confined to a hotel room in Brisbane with teams
of female security guards in constant attendance. Her progress was checked by
a female doctor, Dr Berris Wink, president of the Queensland branch of the
Australian Medical Association.
(...)

The cult leader claimed that her confinement close to a busy main road meant
she could not get the nutrients she needed to survive as a Breatharian.
(...)

60 Minutes moved Jasmuheen on day three to a mountainside retreat about 15
miles away from the city , where she was filmed enjoying the fresh air she
said she could now live on happily. However, as the filming progressed, it
became obvious that Jasmuheen was becoming ill. Her speech was slow, her
pupils dilated and she had lost almost a stone. One doctor advising 60
Minutes urged Jasmuheen and the programme to stop the challenge.
(...)

Dr Wink told her: "You are now quite dehydrated, probably over 10 per cent,
getting up to 11 per cent." She also announced: "Her pulse is about double
what it was when she started. The risks if she goes any further are kidney
failure. 60 Minutes would be culpable if they encouraged her to continue. She
should stop now."

Jasmuheen challenged the decision, saying: "Look, 6,000 people have done this
around the world without any problem" She blamed 60 Minutes for putting her
beside a busy main road at the start of the experiment. "I asked for fresh
air. Seventy per cent of my nutrients come from fresh air. I couldn't even
breath," she said.
(...)

Next month an Australian doctor and his wife who say they are Breatharians
are due to go on trial charged with manslaughter after a woman died in their
care.
[...more...]

20. Fresh Air Diet Guru's Deadly Lies Exposed
Yahoo! UK, Oct. 24, 1999
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/991024/12/9u0h.html
(...) Presenter Richard Carlton asked Jasmuheen: "Could you come to the
intelligent view that you can't survive on air?" She said: "No, because
I've done it for a long time. "Six thousand people have done this around the
world without any problem."

But the doctor said: "The vast majority of the people out there don't believe
for one second that Jasmuheen practises what she preaches. "It's quite
irresponsible for somebody to be trying to encourage others to do something
so detrimental to their health."

Carlton told viewers: "You might dismiss Jasmuheen as merely the latest in a
colourful line of New Age carpet baggers. Except her message is dangerous.
And she is deluded."

Selkie
28th September 2015, 13:00
I would say that disciples dying around a guru are a really bad sign.

DeDukshyn
28th September 2015, 19:01
I would say that disciples dying around a guru are a really bad sign.

A "guru" with a following in itself is generally a bad sign. It is ok to look to people for info, to observe them and learn from those observations; but as I can't say enough, we should be believing nothing, while considering everything.

As Inelia said in her fine post: "Become eclectic".

Meggings
6th October 2015, 22:12
I was lisltening to a video put up by Breal of Joseph Chilton Pearce being interviewed in 2011.

Around the 40-minute mark I was surprised to hear him speak about stigmata, and that there was a Catholic nun who never ate or drank after she received the sigmata. I looked her up and here is Wikipedia on her: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therese_Neumann

I had never heard of Therese Neumann (April/1898 – Sept/1962) this before. It is said the Nazi's in WWII left her alone but attacked those around her. Here is more informaiton:

"From 1923 until her death in 1962, Therese Neumann professed to have consumed no food other than The Holy Eucharist, and claimed to have drunk no water from 1926 until her death."

"Paramahansa Yogananda visited her and wrote about her case in his book Autobiography of a Yogi, published in 1946. He wrote an entire chapter, Therese Neumann, The Catholic Stigmatist of Bavaria, which reverently gives a vivid first-hand description of one of her Friday Passion trances."

Here is the link to Breal's posting of Joseph Chilton Pearce's interview (he wrote "The Crack in the Cosmic Egg"): http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?85806-Joseph-Chilton-Pearce-The-crack-in-the-cosmic-egg-interview&p=1007093&viewfull=1#post1007093