PDA

View Full Version : Russian Scientist Claims He Knows The Secret To Eternal Life

chancy
1st October 2015, 16:28
Hello Everyone:
An interesting article to say the least! I guess all we can do is wait and see how long this fellow lives?!?!
IF he has truly found eternal life then we will see this fellow for many many generations talking about it.
chancy

Link:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-knows-secret-104249634.html

Article:
Russian Scientist Claims He Knows The Secret To Eternal Life

Most of us might pray that the key to living forever will be found in our lifetime and, well, it has - according to one Russian scientist.

Anatoli Brouchkov reckons he has found the key to eternal life - but selfishly he isn’t going to let the rest of us try it out for ourselves.

The 58-year-old has injected himself with bacteria - and not any old bacteria either, this stuff is 3.5 BILLION years old.

The ancient bacteria, Bacillus F, was found in the Sakha Republic, Siberia, and has already been tested on mice, fruit flies, plants and human blood cells.

Already Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department at Moscow State, claims to be feeling fitter, healthier and stronger

He told the Siberian Times: “I started to work longer, I’ve never had a flu for the last two years.”

However, Brouchkov says while he is enjoying the benefits, it’s far too early for mere mortals like us to get a taste of forever.

He added: “It still needs the experiments. We have to work out how this bacteria prevents ageing.

“I think that is the way this science should develop.

“What is keeping that mechanism alive? And how can we use it for our own benefits?”

Thanks a lot - we were starting to plan our 500th birthday party as well.

Pics: Siberian Times

Cidersomerset
1st October 2015, 17:36
This was on RT the other day and almost posted it I'll see if I can find the clip...

Russian scientist injects himself with 3,5-mn-yr-old 'immortality' bacteria to 'extend life'

lv0_Cu0FcPA

Published on 27 Sep 2015

Eternal youth... mankind's impossible dream through the ages... A Russian scientist
thinks that - just maybe - the secret of eternal life may have actually been found.
Deep in the permafrost of Siberia, a living bacteria was discovered that is old -
very, very old.

Anatoly Brouchkov says that there is something about its DNA and genes that gives
this cell extreme longevity and protects it from damage.

RT LIVE http://rt.com/on-air

Selkie
1st October 2015, 17:40
Can anyone say "placebo effect"?

pla·ce·bo ef·fect

noun

noun: placebo effect; plural noun: placebo effects

a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment

rgray222
1st October 2015, 20:57
I feel certain that living forever would be more of a curse than a blessing. I consider death the last great undiscovered frontier of this particular lifetime. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy the life that I have been living. Like all people on earth, my life has been touched by illness, sadness and death but on balance it has been a wonderful life.

Instead of desiring eternal life I am more concerned about quality (emotional and physical) of life. In a perfect world, I would live to be 100, with a clear mind and in perfect health and pass on in my sleep. This would be far more enticing than living forever.

Selkie
1st October 2015, 21:01
I wouldn't want to live forever, either. All I can say is eeewww...!

Jhonie
1st October 2015, 21:25
Living forever would be like I would cheating myself out of other lives in better places. This planet? No way.

East Sun
1st October 2015, 21:44
Why would anyone want to live for ever or even hundreds of years? not me, thank you..............

Ted
1st October 2015, 22:12
I'm working on shortening my stay in this reality, not lengthening it. Eternal delusion is not my idea of a good time.

Professor_Campbell
2nd October 2015, 04:11
Most scientist that I have ever met, used every excuse possible to explain away the obvious.:suspicious:
External life is not a secret at all, if you wish to learn about it, a scientist is probably the last one to seek advice from.

Aviator
2nd October 2015, 20:15
Meat bodies have a limited lifetime and that's ok. Nothing in this 3d universe exists forever, that’s one of its basic laws. It is only a problem when somebody identifies himself with his 3d meat body.

amor
3rd October 2015, 02:04
I hope this poor scientist, after enjoying a limited time of pleasure does not find himself being devoured by alien bacteria which will then assume another form and begin to devour others. Mirroring the sentiment of those who posted before me, the belief that the PTB after becoming eternal will then force it upon their slaves to live a horrible life of service to them, and then the slaves would wish to die but could not.

sigma6
4th October 2015, 08:02
I hope this poor scientist, after enjoying a limited time of pleasure does not find himself being devoured by alien bacteria which will then assume another form and begin to devour others. Mirroring the sentiment of those who posted before me, the belief that the PTB after becoming eternal will then force it upon their slaves to live a horrible life of service to them, and then the slaves would wish to die but could not.

well said... science fiction become reality... and that would be a nightmare... there would develop a class of black assassins... life would become an eternal chess game... none-the-less I'd still want to live "forever" or at least until I could choose the time of my own "passing" there is just too much knowledge to be had... one lifetime doesn't even scratch the surface... and being in a constant state of 'incompetence' and 'ignorance' about the highest principles of knowledge and reality is intolerable sometimes...

amor
22nd November 2015, 20:41
To Sigma6: I see in you, as in myself, the thirst for eternal knowledge as the motive for continuing life. However, I have been allowed by the God experience a glimpse of Eternal Life, which was joy, knowledge of all, union with all, love and great peace and most of all, resplendent freedom from the demon of the grim reaper.