PDA

View Full Version : Breakthrough by Danish scientists offers hope of cure for cancer.

Johnny
12th October 2015, 23:35
Breakthrough by Danish scientists offers hope of cure for cancer
A new Danish treatment can kill 95 percent of all cancer cells, say researchers, who expect to be able to test the method on people in a few years.
- We have found a way to hit all types of cancer. If this is going to work, will be able to offer treatment to people where no treatment is today.

So says Professor Ali Salanti from the Department of Immunology and Microbiology at the University of Copenhagen to DR News.

Together with researchers from the University of British Columbia in Canada, his team found something that looks like the Holy Grail of medicine: A possible cure for cancer.

Kills 95 percent of all cancer cells

The discovery came a little random. While the researchers tried to find a way to cure so-called 'pregnancy malaria', which sits on the placenta in pregnant women, they found out that malaria protein also got stuck on cancer cells.

The researchers gave the idea of ​​linking a toxin in a malaria protein, and then use the protein to identify cancer cells.

- In this way works malaria protein like a heat-seeking missile. It goes simply into and bind to cancer tissue, and then makes the toxin cancer death, says Ali Salanti.

Since then, the researchers tested the hypothesis on several test animals with different types of cancer. And the potential is not to be mistaken:

- Our data from the last few years suggest that the treatment is effective against 95 percent of all cancers. So that is something that hits very, very broad, he told BBC News.

Will create an inexpensive cancer cure

If successful, this research team to develop a cancer treatment that works on people, so the treatment is not only reserved for the rich countries' most wealthy citizens, promises Ali Salanti.

- There are a lot of big commercial interests when speaking about a potential general cure for cancer. But our goal is to make it here, so it will be a cheap product. It is our desire scenario.

He expects that scientists are ready to test the new cancer drug on people within the next four years.

If the treatment works, it will not only be able to cure almost all cancers. It will also be an effective vaccine against malaria - a disease that kills one child every minute.

Source: http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/gennembrud-fra-danske-forskere-giver-haab-om-kur-mod-kraeft

See also: http://www.cell.com/cancer-cell/abstract/S1535-6108%2815%2900334-7

Johnny :)

mpennery
13th October 2015, 10:42
Wonderful news and I welcome ALL of the many cancer cures. However, we all know there is no place for cures in mainstream medicine because there is no profit in it. I am not being negative and I hope I'm wrong but I predict this will get no mainstream news coverage and will be brushed aside and buried within a short time...just like all the others.

Matt

Lifebringer
13th October 2015, 13:58
We understand, you're just keeping a healthy skepticism, that they'll over price it, and therefore keep it from the people. Only test subjects and rich will have access? Maybe like the parasite medicine king, the public will have a say in whether it hits their shelves at the pharmacy. We've been seeking a cure for years, and humanity will buy the patent and give a % or flat out take it, if it's not shared. Too many children are effected.

Johnny
13th October 2015, 23:00
Wonderful news and I welcome ALL of the many cancer cures. However, we all know there is no place for cures in mainstream medicine because there is no profit in it. I am not being negative and I hope I'm wrong but I predict this will get no mainstream news coverage and will be brushed aside and buried within a short time...just like all the others.

Matt

The news about it was in the national television to day (but we are only 5.5 million people in Denmark so it do not count so much), but it was also in here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3270894/Cancer-breakthrough-MALARIA-protein-destroy-nine-10-cancers.html and here: http://globalnews.ca/news/2273934/ubc-researchers-use-malaria-protein-to-help-fight-cancer/

so there is still hope it will not be buried.

edit:

Copenhagen University and the researchers behind the discovery founded biotech company VAR2pharmaceuticals that going forward will drive the clinical development.

Ali Salantis and Mads Daugaard's research team is now working targeted toward having made a test on humans.

"This option is exercisable in four years. The big question is whether it affects people and the human body can tolerate the doses to be without side effects. But we're pretty optimistic, because the protein thus seems only binding to the carbohydrate, which people only found in cancer tumors and placentas, "says Ali Salanti in the press release.

Johnny :)

amor
14th October 2015, 05:02
Here are three books bulging with PROVEN CANCER CURES: Tomorrow's Cancer Cures Today, 25 Secret therapies from around the world by Allan Spreen, M.D.; Miracles from The Vault, anthology of underground cures by Jenny Thompson (Health Science Institute); THE NEW MIRACLES An Updated Anthology of Underground Cures by Jenny Thompson (Health Science Institute). Read away and get yourselves cured for pennies. Shaft the bastard pharmaceutical murdering thieves.

Flash
5th November 2015, 22:21
I am posting in two places for those who will research the term later on, it may be important to them

Ginger to cure cancer, very potent it seems

A new study reveals ginger contains a pungent compound that could be up to 10,000 times more effective than conventional chemotherapy in targeting the cancer stem cells at the root of cancer malignancy.

A new study published in PLoS reveals a pungent component within ginger known as 6-shogaol is superior to conventional chemotherapy in targeting the root cause of breast cancer malignancy: namely, the breast cancer stem cells.

As we have discussed in greater detail in a previous article titled, "Cancer Stem Cells: The Key To Curing Cancer," cancer stem cells are at the root of a wide range of cancers, not just breast cancer, and are sometimes referred to as "mother cells" because they are responsible for producing all the different "daughter" cell types that makeup the tumor colony. While cancer stem cells only constitute between .2 and 1% of the cells within any given tumor, they have the seeming "immortal" ability to self renew, are capable of continuous differentiation, are resistant to conventional chemotherapeutic agents, and are tumorigenic, i.e. are capable of "splitting off" to create new tumor colonies. Clearly, the cancer stem cells within a tumor must be destroyed if cancer treatment is to affect a lasting cure.

The new study titled, "6-Shogaol Inhibits Breast Cancer Cells and Stem Cell-Like Spheroids by Modulation of Notch Signaling Pathway and Induction of Autophagic Cell Death," identified powerful anti-cancer stem cell activity in 6-shogaol, a pungent constituent of ginger produced when the root is either dried or cooked. The study also found that the cancer-destroying effects occurred at concentrations that were non-toxic to non-cancerous cells a crucial difference from conventional cancer treatments that do not exhibit this kind of selective cytotoxicity and therefore can do great harm to the patient.
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/ginger-10000x-stronger-chemo-taxol-cancer-research-model-1