PDA

View Full Version : The Teenage Brain

Rex
29th October 2015, 17:08
At the risk of tiring some of you further with my recommendations, here is a book I recently started reading. Having started dealing with some teenage troubles as of late, my wife stumbled on this book mentioned in a magazine and synchronistically it was a fit.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Teenage-Brain-Neuroscientists-Adolescents/dp/0062067842

Dr. Jensen is a real talent, and the best part is she gives first hand experience as well. What's interesting is she's had to deal with a kind of old paradigm vs. new paradigm, which we're all fairly well used to here on Planet Avalon.

Bottom line if you have a teenager or will have one in your future, or even want to go back and explore what and why you did whatever as a teenager, you have to read this book. There's some real life saving stuff in it.

Flash
29th October 2015, 22:35
I am just getting out of teenagerhood with mine. Ouf! What a ride! I am surprised she came out basically alive and fine, and yet, I am still tip toeing, just in case there is teenagerhood remnants in her lolllll Her brain may have acquired the necessary maturity by now. But she still have up to 21 years old for her brain to fully mature and for her hormones to stabilise up to her 50s. One thing for sure, going through menopause and teenagerhood at the same time, in the same household, does not make things easy :p

TargeT
29th October 2015, 23:46
I read some where that our neurological systems do not fully mature until about 33 years old, from experience I can say this is mostly true (with a +/- factor of course)... I've got the full gambit right now, 8,11,12,14,19 and 21....

I definately think the above "33" number holds some truth.

Flash
30th October 2015, 13:13
I read some where that our neurological systems do not fully mature until about 33 years old, from experience I can say this is mostly true (with a +/- factor of course)... I've got the full gambit right now, 8,11,12,14,19 and 21....

I definately think the above "33" number holds some truth.

What i read in those lines was that the spiritual maturity, meaning the possibility for your soul to influence your being/ego, is going through a first threshold at 21, then at 27 (hence the Young artists all dying at that threshold) and then at 33. This would make more sense to me, 33 being the threshold where the soul commands could be process (if we were not that screwed up to start with). Somewhere, i must also be linked to some bodily developments however.