PDA

View Full Version : Two Types of People

Chester
9th November 2015, 04:00
There are all sorts of folks which perhaps some can place in various descriptive groups.

The two types I am attempting to identify are -

Type 1 - Those who have never consciously recognized having any type of experience they would classify as anomalous.

Type 2 - likely formerly Type 1s who, once they had an anomalous experience (or several of them) they cross a seamless "line" where though they may once have been closed minded with regards to anomalous experiences of any form, because of one or more truly profound anomalous experiences they finally open their mind that there is far more to the world than the purely materialistic view.

I recall when young being Type 1 yet desiring there be more.

And though I did have a bona fide anomalous experience at six years old, I mostly blocked it out up until I began to experiment with things which led me to more unusual experiences. Note, these methods are not something I recommend to others but that I did these things is a fact. Anyways, it was at this time I began to reflect upon what I might have experienced at six years old. It was also at this time I opened my mind to psi phenomena in general.

Now for the point of all the above information.

It is my opinion that because I opened my mind and because I had a strong desire that psi phenomena be real and because I desired to have psi experiences, have them often and have profound ones... in time, these types of experiences began to occur.

So over time I more and more opened my mind. To do this in any real way means to take risks. I took risks and likely still do.

It is all because of this that I have found myself attracted to folks who have all sorts of amazing and "fantastical" stories which they usually report are based on their experiences. I also sought answers to the profound experience I had when I was six years old. When I hear folks tell me, "You need to be more discerning," I just don't know what to say. If I "discern" more then the risks I might take would happen far less. How does one really know unless they test the waters?

I do not regret the risks I have taken. Yet also, because of my personality makeup (which would be considered by most as quite emotionally unstable), these risks have also landed me in some difficult situations.

I now identify more than ever with that Tarot Card - The Fool (zero)

Warlock
9th November 2015, 04:54
There are ONLY TWO TYPES of people in the world:

THOSE WHO GET HUNG AND THOSE WHO DO THE HANGING.

Warlock :wizard:

Chester
9th November 2015, 05:26
I am of the hung - EDIT 1: wait... that would be card 12 - no... I have emulated the Fool and somehow I don't see that will change much the rest of this life.

EDIT 2: ahhh and now I see someone beat me to my edit (two posts down)

Innocent Warrior
9th November 2015, 06:01
The Fool is numbered 0, the number of unlimited potential, and does not actually have a specific place in the sequence of the Tarot cards. The Fool can come either at the beginning of the Major Arcana or at the end. The Major Arcana is often considered as the Fool’s journey through life and as such, he is ever present and therefore needs no number.

The Fool is shown at the beginning of his journey with unlimited potential. The sun rising up behind him represents the beginning of his journey. He is facing north-west, the direction of the unknown. He is looking upwards, toward the sky, or Spirit. He is about to step off a cliff into the material world but is he prepared? He has all the tools and resources he needs in the bag on his staff but he has not opened the bag yet. The white rose in his left hand represents purity and innocence. He has a guardian in the little white dog who will protect him throughout his journey but who will also push him to learn the lessons the Fool came here to learn. The mountains behind the Fool represent the realms of Spirit that he has just left and will spend his life trying to regain.

http://www.biddytarot.com/cards/fool.jpg

I can see why you do...what's wrong with that? I like it. :)

Desrknelf
9th November 2015, 12:00
I am of the hung

Me too ; )

zen deik
9th November 2015, 19:24
Pandora's box, those who have opened it, those who have not.

Jules
9th November 2015, 21:04

These are the choices? Maybe I was sent here by mistake... :confused:

regnak
9th November 2015, 21:30
Sam Hunter Watch following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c

Why America isn't the greatest country in the world anymore.

Gardener
10th November 2015, 12:39
Hi Sam and welcome back :

Little bit off topic but regarding 'The path of the Fool' you might like this Michael Tsarion Tarotscape series of videos showing just how deeply esoteric the tarot can be. Much like the Bible, it can be read and understood on many levels. The so called elite know all this back to front.
C5CSAyQ7e7I

TargeT
10th November 2015, 13:29
There are all sorts of folks which perhaps some can place in various descriptive groups.

Type 1 - Those who have never consciously recognized having any type of experience they would classify as anomalous.

Type 2 - likely formerly Type 1s who, once they had an anomalous experience (or several of them) they cross a seamless "line" where though they may once have been closed minded with regards to anomalous experiences of any form, because of one or more truly profound anomalous experiences they finally open their mind that there is far more to the world than the purely materialistic view.

I've never had a profound (or other) anomalous experience, but I don't think the lack of something happening externally is a limiting factor; "type 2" in this case can be obtained with out an external anomalous experience. I deviated from the norm by choice, not by circumstance. (though perhaps that's not fully true, I have spent some time with our Plant friends; experiences I would easily label as profound and anomalous, I suppose I hold those separate from "reality" in my mind).

It is my opinion that because I opened my mind and because I had a strong desire that psi phenomena be real and because I desired to have psi experiences, have them often and have profound ones... in time, these types of experiences began to occur.

So over time I more and more opened my mind. To do this in any real way means to take risks. I took risks and likely still do.

It is all because of this that I have found myself attracted to folks who have all sorts of amazing and "fantastical" stories which they usually report are based on their experiences. I also sought answers to the profound experience I had when I was six years old. When I hear folks tell me, "You need to be more discerning," I just don't know what to say. If I "discern" more then the risks I might take would happen far less. How does one really know unless they test the waters?

Opening your self and receiving that what you are now "open to" is one of the many fun ways we manipulate our reality (via our perception mostly); confirmation bias is huge in this (your perception seeing what you want it to) and is very akin to the Placebo effect, but is it "real"? or maybe more importantly; does it matter if it's not?

These are the choices? Maybe I was sent here by mistake... :confused:

Or you could say:

Those that do, and those that are done to.

do you do? (haha)

Pam
10th November 2015, 14:22

And though I did have a bona fide anomalous experience at six years old, I mostly blocked it out up until I began to experiment with things which led me to more unusual experiences. Note, these methods are not something I recommend to others but that I did these things is a fact. Anyways, it was at this time I began to reflect upon what I might have experienced at six years old. It was also at this time I opened my mind to psi phenomena in general.

I do not regret the risks I have taken. Yet also, because of my personality makeup (which would be considered by most as quite emotionally unstable), these risks have also landed me in some difficult situations.

Sam, I wonder if what you are going through has less to do with your discernment and more to do with the betrayal you might feel at being deceived by ones that you trusted. When you are coming from a place of honesty and openness, which I believe you are, you make yourself vulnerable. I know when my trust is returned with treachery, I feel foolish for giving that trust. No one wants to be conned, that is for sure. How do you feel if you watch a youtube video of a ufo and believe it is real, only to find out later that is was photoshopped and a total fake? You might have a moment of feeling dumb, but you learn something from that experience and move on. The difference here , is the personal connection you had with the one that was being deceptive.

I hope that you will give yourself a break, and stay open to the wonders of the world. I am trying to do that as well, even though it is more challenging these days. What I am coming to understand is that everything is corrupted to some degree, some things more, some things less. There will always be those that seek to deceive for personal gain. You are a wonderful point of consciousness that sparkles on a corrupted planet. I don't want you to give up your inner beauty because you feel defeated. You will find that you will come out of this and you will have grown immensely, if you don't harden your heart due to this experience.

Chester
10th November 2015, 17:33
I've never had a profound (or other) anomalous experience, but I don't think the lack of something happening externally is a limiting factor; "type 2" in this case can be obtained with out an external anomalous experience. I deviated from the norm by choice, not by circumstance. (though perhaps that's not fully true, I have spent some time with our Plant friends; experiences I would easily label as profound and anomalous, I suppose I hold those separate from "reality" in my mind).

Thanks for this comment. I realized I struggled with making it clear that I wasn't boiling people down to one of these two... I tried to say that if we saw folks as either one or the other then...

And then I saw exactly what you pointed out! So I had two problems... I am rusty (as I have been away for 10 or so months). And yet I went with my post anyways.

Opening your self and receiving that what you are now "open to" is one of the many fun ways we manipulate our reality (via our perception mostly); confirmation bias is huge in this (your perception seeing what you want it to) and is very akin to the Placebo effect, but is it "real"? or maybe more importantly; does it matter if it's not?

Now you hit on something else I was hoping to touch on... Yes, perception plays a huge role. Many times folks can perceive things very different that how others perceive them. In cases like that, things are a matter of opinion and thus quite subjective. But then, there are the "things" which occur in this 3D experience which all observers then see the same. Yet when folks look at the facts of a specific someone's story, listen to that specific someone's interpretations of the story and thus then those who know the details have also developed some degree of intimacy with the story and then...

Something so incredible emerges from the 3D reality of such all but impossible odds - this is when not just an emotionally entangled individual has to consider the wow factor, but also the folks who are aware of the story and who had at least been interested enough to also see the "wow"ness of the new arisen event.

The above statements I made are vague and I know this. I am very close to releasing the story. Unlike all sorts of story tellers you will read or hear, the story I am able to tell actually has an amazing "elephant in the living room" reason to be told. I am getting closer and closer to being able to tell this story.

Not to spoil it, what I can say now and will have to say at the very beginning of sharing this story - anyone who reads it or hears it must avoid drawing any conclusions as to a.) what might be implied by the story as the story goes on and b.) why I would tell the story in the first place.

So again... being vague intentionally here - Perceiving reality is one thing and it seems that if not always then almost always involves some degree of subjectivity. But what about when an apparently external event (or series of events) arises which those who know enough about the story observe and then experience that mind blowing "wow" feeling (synchronicity)?

I now believe I have made huge mistakes throughout my life regarding what may actually "behind" this phenomena.

The story that will set this up is coming and my newest theoretical conclusions will follow the story.

TargeT
10th November 2015, 18:00
Perceiving reality is one thing and it seems that if not always then almost always involves some degree of subjectivity. But what about when an apparently external event (or series of events) arises which those who know enough about the story observe and then experience that mind blowing "wow" feeling (synchronicity)?

I now believe I have made huge mistakes throughout my life regarding what may actually "behind" this phenomena.

The story that will set this up is coming and my newest theoretical conclusions will follow the story.

Hard to say, maybe it's best re-visited when you feel comfortable putting out more details.

The "wow" feeling or other Neophilec (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neophile) tendencies (Novelty seeking) is a very interesting area to study (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_seeking) & with out even knowing your circumstances I'd say looking at it from that angle alone can toss a lot of "wrenches" in the machinery when trying to come to a comfortable correlation (as Dopamine & extrovert issues both quickly encroach).

zen deik
10th November 2015, 19:39
What would life be without a little mystery, I do enjoy wondering whats over the next hill. Reality evolving, waking up, new discoveries, growing in understanding, is the exciting stuff in life, sometimes painful and scary..... But hey that's moving forward...

Chester
10th November 2015, 19:51

Sam, I wonder if what you are going through has less to do with your discernment and more to do with the betrayal you might feel at being deceived by ones that you trusted. When you are coming from a place of honesty and openness, which I believe you are, you make yourself vulnerable. I know when my trust is returned with treachery, I feel foolish for giving that trust. No one wants to be conned, that is for sure. How do you feel if you watch a youtube video of a ufo and believe it is real, only to find out later that is was photoshopped and a total fake? You might have a moment of feeling dumb, but you learn something from that experience and move on. The difference here , is the personal connection you had with the one that was being deceptive.

I hope that you will give yourself a break, and stay open to the wonders of the world. I am trying to do that as well, even though it is more challenging these days. What I am coming to understand is that everything is corrupted to some degree, some things more, some things less. There will always be those that seek to deceive for personal gain. You are a wonderful point of consciousness that sparkles on a corrupted planet. I don't want you to give up your inner beauty because you feel defeated. You will find that you will come out of this and you will have grown immensely, if you don't harden your heart due to this experience.

In relation to feeling like a fool, the most honest response is that because I allowed myself to explore possibilities... because I sought answers to a question that has been one of the three most important questions of this one life time (the other two being, why did my father commit suicide (1979) and why did my first wife attempt suicide five times in a short time frame (late 1999/early 2000) - that question being - what was this experience (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?44353-My-possible-abduction-experience) all about (skip down to the part that begins with "I had recently turned 6 years old.") I threw any attempt at "discernment" out the window. Someone entered my life at just the right time and offered me a possible reason behind the experience. That reason synchronistically tied into my own exploration with a mythical representative of an important archetype, tied into a time in my life I had been close with another who also held that same mythical being as central to their own story. My point being that strangely "the stars all lined up" where I may have finally found the answer.

Suddenly, instead of keeping matters at arms length emotionally, I discovered only 10 months later that I took everything to heart that came forth from the individual. All the "private" conversations and all the details of those conversations now all had to be true for if even one important detail proved to be false, then I would be faced with having to reject the explanation I finally thought was the real truth behind what happened to me at age six.

It took my gut to shake me out of the spell I was under. And make sure this next point is carefully understood. I am not saying I was placed under a spell. The spell was all and only my own creation and is known as "enchantment."

Why all this information I just shared is because it is important to me that those who may feel they have some idea about some of the details of some recent experiences I and others shared understand that I was not betrayed by anyone that I know of or that I can prove. Sadly, once I made a mistake which was clearly betrayal on my part, that caused a chain reaction of events where many folks said or did things that they likely would not have done otherwise. In my opinion, if there be any "blame game" then the one to blame is myself.

But this does not take into consideration the possibility that I was originally "played" and I am stuck here. Why? Because even though there may be no proof regarding the stories of various story tellers, neither is their definitive proof the essential details of their stories (stories shared both in publicly accessed methods and those that were shared in "private" situations) that at least one important detail is untrue.

Due to my gut change, I experienced what I had never anticipated or imagined and that was a deep trauma that led to a deep depression which still lingers. I am stuck in that I would be perceived as a "bad guy" (something I don't want to be and have already given good reason to be) if I shared more details at this point. So I can't and so here I am stuck with the "isness" of the situation and perhaps time will bring healing... I don't know.

If the original story teller consciously made stuff up (which would likely include things shared privately and certainly would include the "explanation" of what happened to me when six along with the potential possibilities the explanation suggested) then playing the blame game puts the blame on this person's shoulders. But again, this is the blame game and when I look at this game from a higher perspective, I see playing it as me automatically losing it. This is how I arrived at facing my responsibility in "buying in" in the first place and this is what led me to the question...

Do we take risks whereby one day one might look back upon one's risk taking as foolish? Or do we go through life as some of the hard core skeptics? And of course... anywhere in between?

I conclude that for me, I far prefer to take risks (which includes giving folks the benefit of the doubt until I have information that is satisfying enough to me that the person may not be truthful) and so I may once again stumbling into a rabbit hole that has no ending (as this situation likely is).

There is a cost to being The Fool. In my case, the cost is what others would label as "realistic discernment." My experience at six years old was of such a nature that I had to open my mind to every possibility. What I did not expect was that my need to have an answer was so powerful that somehow it seems I created receiving an answer which, in context of everything suggested that I may have some odd connection to this mythical being that emulates the archetype of supernatural evil that suddenly has an epiphany of his own and opens up to change for the better.

This ties directly into the real world possibilities regarding my real world father... and this directly relates to one of the other two remaining questions I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

What I have done here in this post is to open up and expose the deepest aspects of my being of which I am consciously aware. Some might wonder why I am doing this. The most important reason is because I have an ideal that is so important to me that if I do not emulate the ideal, I cannot pretend to myself I have this ideal.

The ideal is - a world with no secrets.

Imagine a world where no one ever felt the need to hold within them any secrets. I have imagined this world for a long long time. In fact "Big Brother" helped me face this. I may be the only one on Earth that feels I have benefited from living in a time where I may not be able to hold secrets within myself other than those I can't even consciously recognize.

Yet now I find myself in the impossible situation where I am dealing with trauma and yet cannot discuss the matters because some of this trauma is entangled with "private conversations" that "common sense" dictates I keep private. And yet within those conversations is the key to it all. But I cannot get to the key anymore.

Was it all worth it? Excluding the folks that were hurt, yes. But through the eyes of those that perceive me as the betrayer and in some ways have good reason to, no... it was not worth it.

The end of it all is -

If anyone out there has fantastical stories to share and they are consciously aware they are making some or all of it up, then I would hope they would consider the possibility that folks who would be labeled as a bit naive, maybe even innocent may end up hurt emotionally and perhaps even hurt in all sorts of other ways as well.

And that's just one reason not to tell false or partially false fantastical stories. Another is the massive distraction these types of stories generate in a world where it is already hard to pinpoint the actual, essential truths it seems is our right to know (ooops, that is my opinion only... that we hold the right to know).

Jules
10th November 2015, 21:14
Thank you TarGet. Sometimes I need people to help me out, I get by with a little help from my friends. There is a reason Get is in the last part of your name,

Sometimes I do, not knowing what I have done, intuitively causing wise effects mysteriously. As with cooking, things can turn out divinely or badly. Sometimes others ideas are done to me, so I guess I fit into both categories.

When questioned by some, do you do? I would sometimes answer them, yes I do but not with you. lol