PDA

View Full Version : Google & YouTube Ban Alex Jones

astrid
30th November 2010, 10:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVtfSO28Upw

Both Google and its subsidiary company You Tube have banned Alex Jones and his websites, as attempts to curtail free speech widen.

Within the past 2-3 weeks, Jones and his team have confirmed that after years of being listed under Google News, one of the largest platforms for news dissemination, that PrisonPlanet.com and Infowars.com have been blocked from its search results, effectively censoring their content from wide web coverage. Only smaller sites that re-post the content have appeared in Google searches since early November.

In a separate matter, TheAlexJonesChannel on YouTube has learned that it will be either frozen or blocked from uploading new content for several weeks following a "Community Guidelines" violation decision. According to YouTube's support team, users from its site flagged a video on the channel that contained controversial video of the Apache helicopter "collateral murder" that occurred in Iraq in 2007 and was released by Wikileaks. When TheAlexJonesChannel attempted to challenge the removal of this video via YouTube's counter-notification form, it was subsequently told that the account would be disabled and new content blocked (apparently due to the challenge, as no other strikes exist on the account).

mod edit to mend broken link

Solphilos
30th November 2010, 10:52
It's about time! :clap2: LOL

daledo
30th November 2010, 11:17
It's about time! :clap2: LOL

Are you being serious? I hope not. You might not agree with everything that Alex Jones says but it would be a great loss if he went down. He has reached many millions of people with the truth about many subjects. Alex creating awareness about what is wrong is the first step to waking people up. He is good at getting people fired up and that is what some people need. He is very pasionate about the fight for our rights and the end to the corrupt elite.

Maybe you can tell me what exactly is your reasoning for that statement?

witchy1
30th November 2010, 11:26
Im thinking any form of censorship is damaging to us all. Hes not compulsory to watch (thank goodness)

astrid
30th November 2010, 11:33
Yes , AJ seems to polarise some people, but once again, look beyond the personality and think about all they do, have done...
My point in posting this was also to highlight the current trend of net censorship, it seems to be increasing....

seismorg
30th November 2010, 11:43
"A media system wants ostensible diversity that conceals an actual uniformity"
— Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels

It is easier to find a score of men wise enough to discover the truth than to find one intrepid enough, in the face of opposition, to stand up for it. ~ A.A. Hodge

Kill, Control, or Incarcerate...That's the plan. Can they do it? They can with your help. All you have to do is NOTHING!"
— Anthony J. Hilder

At the end of the day,there is always the off button.

Arpheus
30th November 2010, 11:52
Dont know what you are talking about,i just did a search and i got both websites come up under google without a problem tho?

Bill Ryan
30th November 2010, 12:42
----------

If this is true and not an exaggeration or a mistake, it's another brick in the wall of the marginalization of the alternative media.

Alex Jones has his own style, and occasionally makes errors of judgment (as we all do) - but he is absolutely 100% authentic.

MorningSong
30th November 2010, 14:35
There are now more than 118 pages of comments in the 8 hours that the ban/block video has been up. Wow!

You can go here: http://www.prisonplanet.com/google-you-tube-ban-alex-jones.html to see the rest of the article the OP posted as well as the e-mail Jones received from YouTube.

This statement follows:

Notice from YouTube’s copyright support that Infowars.com will be blocked from uploading any videos for two weeks, following a community guidelines strike against the widely distributed controversial Wikileaks video of the 2007 Apache helicopter incident in Iraq.

So he can't upload videos for 2 weeks. His site can still be found in the Google search, but not through Google News Search.

One of the viewer's/reader's comments says that it has been off Yahoo News Search, too. I didn't verify that, though.

There are many angry comments there, many good tips on alternative hosting...

Another viewer's/reader's comment: "If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
—George Washington

norman
30th November 2010, 14:55
That's given me my 'puzzle' for the day.

Does it mean they want an uprising now or does it mean they don't?

But like Bill said, is it really true?

Probably yes, because it's so perfectly in time with the "OTHER" bad boy info warrior Assang.

Dale
30th November 2010, 15:08
Such events do worry me.

As of recently, I've been noticing a strong push to discredit "alternative" views. The BBC hit piece on MMS. The founder of Wikileaks on the run. The growing opposition toward Judge Napolitano. And now a partial censorship of Alex Jones' work.

It appears the ruling groups are trying to gently sweep such views under the rug, so to speak, to eliminate any view contrary to that in which they send. However, I feel they're in for a surprise; as a lion is not easily swept beneath a rug.

shiva777
30th November 2010, 16:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVtfSO28Upw&sns=fb

Both Google and its subsidiary company You Tube have banned Alex Jones and his websites, as attempts to curtail free speech widen.

Within the past 2-3 weeks, Jones and his team have confirmed that after years of being listed under Google News, one of the largest platforms for news dissemination, that PrisonPlanet.com and Infowars.com have been blocked from its search results, effectively censoring their content from wide web coverage. Only smaller sites that re-post the content have appeared in Google searches since early November.

In a separate matter, TheAlexJonesChannel on YouTube has learned that it will be either frozen or blocked from uploading new content for several weeks following a "Community Guidelines" violation decision. According to YouTube's support team, users from its site flagged a video on the channel that contained controversial video of the Apache helicopter "collateral murder" that occurred in Iraq in 2007 and was released by Wikileaks. When TheAlexJonesChannel attempted to challenge the removal of this video via YouTube's counter-notification form, it was subsequently told that the account would be disabled and new content blocked (apparently due to the challenge, as no other strikes exist on the account).

The graphic content in the video-- which documents real events the Pentagon never wanted released-- has been posted by hundreds of other channels on YouTube, including major media outlets like CBS News and Russia Today without being flagged or removed, yet TheAlexJonesChannel has been told that its posting of a smaller portion of this incident is offensive or otherwise against its community guidelines. This appears to be double standard as even the age-verification barrier set-up for some of the postings was not offered for TheAlexJonesChannel version; it was simple deleted by user demand and YouTube mandate.

It is evident that the system revels in any chance to dampen the loud voice that Alex Jones, Infowars.com/PrisonPlanet.com and its supporters have raised on the Internet, effectively challenging the status quo and mainstream media spin on major news and events. With the easy passage of the web censorship bill, it is further clear that what is happening now to Infowars.com and Alex Jones will soon happen to anyone without a politically-correct message, particularly when that message is capable of resonating throughout large parts of the globe.

It is up to supporters and lovers of freedom to challenge censorship and oppression on the web, because only resistance can slow the attempts to curtail free speech and expression online. As Frederick Douglass said, "Find out just what the people will submit to and you've found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." This will be prove to be more true than ever in the age of the Internet

truthseekerdan
30th November 2010, 16:51
Shiva, hope you don't mind if I embedded the video here. :)

I guess this is just about to happen: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4534-END-of-the-Internet-!!-is-there-any-truth-to-it&p=74755&viewfull=1#post74755

morguana
30th November 2010, 16:56
Threads merged :)

Banshee
30th November 2010, 16:59

Solphilos
30th November 2010, 17:09
Are you being serious? I hope not. You might not agree with everything that Alex Jones says but it would be a great loss if he went down. He has reached many millions of people with the truth about many subjects. Alex creating awareness about what is wrong is the first step to waking people up. He is good at getting people fired up and that is what some people need. He is very pasionate about the fight for our rights and the end to the corrupt elite.

Maybe you can tell me what exactly is your reasoning for that statement?

My statement was made in jest, as I think Alex Jones is annoying and the doom-music he uses during his commercials are ridiculous, lol.
Of course, I'm not actually happy that such decisions have been made, but I'm none to worried about them either, as these types of occurrences are only going to escalate in the coming years, or even months. It's unfortunate, but it's to be expected and I don't think that anyone is surprised by it.

truthseekerdan
30th November 2010, 17:13
My statement was made in jest, as I think Alex Jones is annoying and the doom-music he uses during his commercials are ridiculous, lol.
Of course, I'm not actually happy that such decisions have been made, but I'm none to worried about them either, as these types of occurrences are only going to escalate in the coming years, or even months. It's unfortunate, but it's to be expected and I don't think that anyone is surprised by it.

Are you surprised by this? I'm wondering...http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4534-END-of-the-Internet-!!-is-there-any-truth-to-it&p=74755&viewfull=1#post74755

Luke
30th November 2010, 19:08
Such events do worry me.

As of recently, I've been noticing a strong push to discredit "alternative" views. The BBC hit piece on MMS. The founder of Wikileaks on the run. The growing opposition toward Judge Napolitano. And now a partial censorship of Alex Jones' work.

It appears the ruling groups are trying to gently sweep such views under the rug, so to speak, to eliminate any view contrary to that in which they send. However, I feel they're in for a surprise; as a lion is not easily swept beneath a rug.

Very true. Problem is, they own infrastructure outright or own laws that can make owners of said infrastructure really, really un-cool.
That brings us to crux of the problem: we need infrastructure on our own .. preferebly a network WITHOUT infrastructure that can be taken over.

Sure we can ride the "edge" as long as our impact is negligible and we have not p***ed off nobody important.. but we cannot count that will last. So far, I think we are considered amusement of sorts. Eventually we will be either eliminated from web or turned dis-infosource. It's a matter of when not IF.
Ideas?

shadowstalker
30th November 2010, 19:28
----------

If this is true and not an exaggeration or a mistake, it's another brick in the wall of the marginalization of the alternative media.

Alex Jones has his own style, and occasionally makes errors of judgment (as we all do) - but he is absolutely 100% authentic.

Agreed, it was an answer to a question I had on what was really going in the world.
I had dreams of martial law and underground workings, had dreams of folks getting sick and dying.
Had dreams of zombies, come to find out they where only sheeple trying to look for help and answers. when ever they chased me.

I asked my guides just before i went to sleep one night to show me on this realm where I could go to find some answers back in 07, they sent me to Alex Jones and Project Camelot.

No word of a lie they pointed the way to some good people.

AJ maybe rough and tumble, but for some folks that's what it takes to break the veil.
Some folks work on drama and so in turn drama is the answer to the questions they ask.

Funny thing to all this tho'
Project Camelot and Alex Jones state the same thing in the end.
Only difference is, is how load they speak it.

There are several types of people in this world.
The main are mostly quiet verses dramatic
Dramatic folks need drama to live in there mind.
Quiet folks need peace in theirs.

Who are we to judge on how the truth gets thru so long as it is heard by the people and understood by the people.

seismorg
30th November 2010, 20:01
That brings us to crux of the problem: we need infrastructure on our own .. preferebly a network WITHOUT infrastructure that can be taken over.

Like modem,twisted pair and P2P client ?

shadowstalker
30th November 2010, 20:05
back to BBS... lol

MariaDine
30th November 2010, 20:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG--42sjAvA&feature=related

Sad day for all of us, in all the WORLD :(

shiva777
30th November 2010, 20:22
Alex Jones' integrity questioned...Alex Jones Tied to Homeland Security &

Silver Sol Sponsors Advancing Consumer Fraud:

http://web.mac.com/len15/SilverSolFraud/SilverSolFraud.com.html

kinsuemei2
30th November 2010, 20:58
It’s amazing that White supremacists can have a you-tube channel laced with threats on African Americans and other races and you-tube turns a blind eye, Alex Jones is shut down. What a world in which we live.

shadowstalker
30th November 2010, 21:00
Oh ya free speech runs ramped for those who can threaten there fellow man, but not when it come to the truth.

kinsuemei2
30th November 2010, 21:07
This is more scary than any conflict, honestly the question is what are we going to do about it.

shadowstalker
30th November 2010, 21:44
Do it our selves make as many websites as possible and put out the news

Arpheus
30th November 2010, 22:27

Thanks so much for that link shiva,it really makes you wonder whats the real deal behind Alex jones,one thing is for sure this does deserve some deeper research to say the least.

astrid
30th November 2010, 22:34
WOW.. okies I'm just up here in OZ , thanks to all that looked into this deeper ( i had to sleep, time zones and all), i was really hoping this wasn't true, or at least exaggerated...

Man, where too next, how do we fight this, can we do anything, will Camelot be next??
All very concerning!!

truth will win out
30th November 2010, 22:47
I really do not trust Alex at all, but he should not be censored.Just exposed for what he truly is.

astrid
2nd December 2010, 11:38
update.... 1FteL3JtIm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FteL3JtIm4

UPDATED DEC. 1, 2010 2:20 PM CST — You Tube issued TheAlexJonesChannel a notice reversing its PREVIOUS DECISION to freeze the account. In the newest contact, You Tube writes that "Upon additional review we have reinstated the material and removed any penalties that had been applied to your account."

Only two days ago, YouTube responded to our counter-notification challenging the removal of a Wikileaks massacre video posted by literally hundreds of other media outlets by ruling to freeze our account. Now, thanks to outrage from our listeners and articles slamming the unfair ruling, You Tube has taken the rare and nearly unprecedented step of taking a second look, restoring the video and removing all penalties. Credit goes to You Tube for listening to our criticism.

Ironically, though, even this reversal contains its own spin. Below the decision [see full letter below] is a message recommending that we "appeal the strike" in any future incidents we feel are unjust. However, this appeal process, known as a "DMCA counter-notification" is the exact venue we used to challenge the video's original removal. It was when we DID appeal that You Tube ruled to freeze our account; the removal of the video itself was only a strike that would not have closed or frozen our account.

UPDATE: Following the news that TheAlexJonesChannel would be frozen after it attempted to challenge the removal of its video posting of the Apache Helicopter video released through Wikileaks, YouTube contacted us AGAIN and reversed its decision, restoring the video following media criticism.

Bill Ryan
2nd December 2010, 12:08

Nonsense .

tpmputterman
3rd December 2010, 03:43
Went to google and typed Alex Jones and Infowars and PrisonPlanet came up first in the search results.

Beth
3rd December 2010, 04:39
Went to google and typed Alex Jones and Infowars and PrisonPlanet came up first in the search results.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about censoring him on google NEWS, take a look http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=alex+jones

sjkted
3rd December 2010, 04:52
Funny, I just did a Google News search and the top Google result was:

Alex Jones and prisonplanet.com allegedly censored by “google evil”

I didn't see any of Alex's sites listed though...

--sjkted

astrid
3rd December 2010, 06:58
HA !! How ironic.........

Leon
5th December 2010, 10:52
I can still find Alex on google and utube. if he is banned it is another nail in the coffin... he has exposed a lot in his style... keep going Alex

Etherios
5th December 2010, 14:43
I can still find Alex on google and utube. if he is banned it is another nail in the coffin... he has exposed a lot in his style... keep going Alex

Exactly i dont care if the person is overly aggressive or he over does things... the point is that what he is exposing is true. Or at least we get pointed at the right direction so we know what to research about. Yes i dont like his fear mongering but ppl wake up its the way things are ... good or bad its current reality for many ppl...

Carmody
5th December 2010, 19:10
I'd rather that people get convoluted lies about truth, in order for them to understand to 'look over there' ("there's something going on-look!")...instead of no commotion, of any kind, at all. For people will disbelieve, first. In that case of human nature...even a pack of lies about truth is a stronger starting point than an entirely blank slate on matters of truth.

It's tied to that old saying about publicity, "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they say about me."

To clarify again, even if Alex was full of it....his commotion created around matters of truth is a better starting position for the public -than no commotion at all. So there you go. A worst case scenario analysis.

As well, I have nothing either against or for Alex, I'm not one to spend much time with his work, it's a bit too overblown in the intensity and wording department for me to deal with. This means I've seen about 2 hours of Alex's videos and interviews, rants, etc. That's it.

The other thing is that anyone who dies investigations only has a handle on small bits of a big puzzle. So extrapolation of that information into a possible 'truth' is going to be slightly different for each person or group who is investigating..and...the extrapolations will be based on personal experience so there again we have potential for conclusions to be different, between different individuals and different groups.

My way around problem...that is to read and listen..widely. Look at everything, from everyone. Since I have a hard time with Alex's style, I simply end up reading the smaller conclusion type stories on his website and reports from others on what his latest may be, etc. And then i try to not get too caught up in his fervor and intensity. It may not be 'for me', as they say...but I'm glad he's like that, as there is a large market for his kind of style and delivery.