PDA

View Full Version : Banning a thread

Bubu
21st November 2015, 18:34
Yet another useless distracting thread was closed. Thanks to the mods.

why not ban the poster as well or maybe slap with a suspension. For me knowingly posting an unwanted (by the great majority of the group) thread is like mocking. just a thought.

Skyhaven
21st November 2015, 18:39
So this thread is going to be worth while? :waving:

ThePythonicCow
21st November 2015, 19:05
For me knowingly posting an unwanted (by the great majority of the group) thread is like mocking. just a thought.

We often do not know what is done knowingly, as opposed to innocently, in which case it is usually best to give the poster the benefit of the doubt.

JChombre
21st November 2015, 19:15

why not ban the poster as well or maybe slap with a suspension. For me knowingly posting an unwanted (by the great majority of the group) thread is like mocking. just a thought.

If your suggestion is adopted then would you volunteer to be Tomas de Torquemada?

Blessings to you.

JC

Shannon
21st November 2015, 19:26
From now on if I run into a pro-flat earth comment or thread I'm just referring the member to this post

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86925-Flat-Earth-the-ultimate-conspiracy&p=1021715&viewfull=1#post1021715

And the other thread (the long one)...if they don't get it after that I can't believe there isn't an agenda behind it. Its just that there's smart people who can contribute here but this flat earth stuff has a hold on their brain.

It's like truther crack I tells Ya!! *shakes fist*

Hervé
21st November 2015, 19:32
[...]
why not ban the poster as well or maybe slap with a suspension.
[...]

Before that, such a phenomenon is revealing that, at least, individuals have started to realize a serious and severe lack in discernment and education since such cannot even make a difference between a GooTube prank video and a valid scientific paper.

The education these individuals received, as stated, is that they "have been told" whether it's Gootube or school... no education whatsoever in their ability to reproduce simple experiments which demonstrate something one way or another. Never mind being educated in using their mind, abilities and skills in designing experiments that would be convincing or self-remonstrating. Not to mention an ability to recognize that a truth can be self-evident.

So, at least there is a step in the right direction insofar that such individuals stepped up to a new plate; an abyss away from a toilet flusher state (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59804-My-Almost-Zero-Success-At-Awakening-People-Advice-Needed&p=683950&viewfull=1#post683950)... that's worthy of praise!

joeecho
21st November 2015, 19:34
One bans things not because they are all-knowing but because they have the means to do so.

Bubu
21st November 2015, 19:39

If we the inhabitants of the earth will have our way what shall we do with the elite that has cause us much trouble? put them on quarantine perhaps or let them do it again and again

¤=[Post Update]=¤

For me knowingly posting an unwanted (by the great majority of the group) thread is like mocking. just a thought.

We often do not know what is done knowingly, as opposed to innocently, in which case it is usually best to give the poster the benefit of the doubt.

if the poster post on a previously closed same thread then you know but then of course its an added burden to the mod to check.

Skyhaven
21st November 2015, 19:42
But tell me, on the vague road of conspiracy theories, how does one really tell the difference... Can we all reproduce them at home? No... So allowing one topic and disallowing another is kind of arbitrary is it not?

Skyhaven
21st November 2015, 19:50
The only thing that's clear to me about conspiracy theories is the marketing behind them... They attract loads of attention, especially from the Americas, and where there is loads of attention there is money to be made.

Skyhaven
21st November 2015, 21:07
To me, with my background in physics, the idea that the large hadron collider is being used to create a portal, is just as an ridiculous idea as the earth being flat, but that doesn't mean I feel the need to kill the discussion, that doesn't solve anything... If we were a science only community, I would understand that conspiracies are not fitting, but there is a conspiracy board HERE to discuss these things...

Bubu
21st November 2015, 21:31

If your suggestion is adopted then would you volunteer to be Tomas de Torquemada?

Blessings to you.

JC

will be glad to be juan diputa as well. Blessings in return

Bubu
21st November 2015, 21:37
But tell me, on the vague road of conspiracy theories, how does one really tell the difference... Can we all reproduce them at home? No... So allowing one topic and disallowing another is kind of arbitrary is it not?

seeing that the earth is not flat with your own eyes and many eyes as well is no longer a theory

joeecho
21st November 2015, 21:51

seeing that the earth is not flat with your own eyes and many eyes as well is no longer a theory

Seeing is believing?

One only needs to look throughout history to find that seeing is a poor indicator for debunking or affirming a theory.

Skyhaven
21st November 2015, 22:27

Fully agree; in the world of SCIENCE. But the very nature of conspiracies is to doubt all facts given by experiments anyone else did, being people of science or anyone else on this board for that matter. That's what conspiracists DO, they trust no one. So silencing the conspiracists on the CONSPIRACY BOARD is a little off to me.

joeecho
21st November 2015, 22:39
Theories do not have to be completely true or false to have useful information within it. Sometimes a part of a theory can lead to some interesting discoveries unintended from the original theory.

M0JFK
21st November 2015, 22:43

Take the pi.. out of Fulford and you will get a suspension. On the grounds of being rude to members according to the moderator...I pointed out that Fulford was not a member of this forum so whats the score with my suspension...NO REPLY. Moderators always ruin sites and they will ruin this one...just a matter of time and you Bubu are just one more member in an ever growing number that the moderators manage to pi.. off. I wouldnt ban Fulfords news but if we are going to start baning rubbish because it is self evident (like the flat earth alternative view) then lets start doing it with Fulford also. You see you can argue for any censorship but when the censorship starts you become worse than the so called people (elites) you castigated for censorship. Golden rule is free speech, your either for it or your against it. If its rude its rude, if its touchy its touchy...but in the end it is YOU the reader that should decide if you want to read rubbish or not...its your choice to do so not the bl..dy moderators.
So what if it brings the site into dis-repute or makes us look foolish... dont yeah think the people in the alternative media already bare that bl..dy label? so what?
No censorship, no baring of topics, your either for free speech or you aint...no middle road folks...you only need to post a disclaimer if your so concerned about what people may think and if you do then your in the wrong game here and I would take up knitting and leave the alternative community to the grown up's.

Tyy1907
21st November 2015, 22:46
I just can't get over the "diarrhea in the pool" analogy. "A little leaven leavened the whole loaf" would've worked just fine :facepalm:

M0JFK
21st November 2015, 23:07
I just can't get over the "diarrhea in the pool" analogy. "A little leaven leavened the whole loaf" would've worked just fine :facepalm:

They love them sayings the Yanks...another is.... it is a turd in the punch bowl...lol

Alex Jones used this on his critique of David Icke and his Lizard shape shifters ...turd in the puch bowl...lol

Forget it anyway and lets just blame it all on Canada (South Park)

M0JFK
21st November 2015, 23:45

Fully agree; in the world of SCIENCE. But the very nature of conspiracies is to doubt all facts given by experiments anyone else did, being people of science or anyone else on this board for that matter. That's what conspiracists DO, they trust no one. So silencing the conspiracists on the CONSPIRACY BOARD is a little off to me.

CORRECT Skyhaven CORRECT well said...see how the seed's of discord are being sown by the moderators and are slowly baring fruit? The numbers of the malcontent are growing and soon the moderators will spend more time deleting (in their eyes) negative post's than to worry about flat earth topics...you mark my words. I have seen it happen on many a forum where the moderators just kill it with censorship or deleting peoples post on the flimsy of grounds should somone's views oppose their own or start posting on topics they just cant handle.

Shannon
21st November 2015, 23:45

Take the pi.. out of Fulford and you will get a suspension. On the grounds of being rude to members according to the moderator...I pointed out that Fulford was not a member of this forum so whats the score with my suspension...NO REPLY. Moderators always ruin sites and they will ruin this one...just a matter of time and you Bubu are just one more member in an ever growing number that the moderators manage to pi.. off. I wouldnt ban Fulfords news but if we are going to start baning rubbish because it is self evident (like the flat earth alternative view) then lets start doing it with Fulford also. You see you can argue for any censorship but when the censorship starts you become worse than the so called people (elites) you castigated for censorship. Golden rule is free speech, your either for it or your against it. If its rude its rude, if its touchy its touchy...but in the end it is YOU the reader that should decide if you want to read rubbish or not...its your choice to do so not the bl..dy moderators.
So what if it brings the site into dis-repute or makes us look foolish... dont yeah think the people in the alternative media already bare that bl..dy label? so what?
No censorship, no baring of topics, your either for free speech or you aint...no middle road folks...you only need to post a disclaimer if your so concerned about what people may think and if you do then your in the wrong game here and I would take up knitting and leave the alternative community to the grown up's.

I don't think the topic should be banned and disclaimers work great, works for the channeled info threads. It's just nutty when we are trying to move one way together and keep getting hemmed up on what can be easily proven as a dumb theory that has questionable attention on it.

Lol I can't help but laugh at what I just typed. Lmao. I know. I know.

M0JFK
22nd November 2015, 00:06

If we the inhabitants of the earth will have our way what shall we do with the elite that has cause us much trouble? put them on quarantine perhaps or let them do it again and again

¤=[Post Update]=¤

if the poster post on a previously closed same thread then you know but then of course its an added burden to the mod to check.

If we the inhabitants of the earth will have our way what shall we do with the elite that has cause us much trouble? put them on quarantine perhaps or let them do it again and again.

Matthew
22nd November 2015, 00:49

¤=[Post Update]=¤

If we the inhabitants of the earth will have our way what shall we do with the elite that has cause us much trouble? put them on quarantine perhaps or let them do it again and again.

Each to their own. I don't know what the solution is other than to shine a light on them, and also empower ourselves more. I don't want to be violent. I think of that as one of the differences between them and us

ThePythonicCow
22nd November 2015, 01:23
So silencing the conspiracists on the CONSPIRACY BOARD is a little off to me.
You seem to think that this is a conspiracy forum, and that therefore, were it not for the arbitrary biases of the mods, all conspiracies would be welcome.

Not so.

We're not a conspiracy forum.

We're a shared understanding, awareness and support forum.

We gather here to support each other, in various ways such as we can via a web forum, including a search for better understanding and awareness.

Revisiting nonsense, that has already been thoroughly debunked, is a distraction from our work, and not welcome here.

If you hold to the principle that all theories are equally valid, because there is no shared reality that we can come to better understand, in a cooperative effort, then ... well you're welcome to think whatever you want. You own your thoughts, not us.

But don't expect this forum, its owner and his selected moderators, to run this this forum by such principles.

In other words, not all conspiracy theories are created equally. Some help shed more light on our situation; some are, in the views of the forum's owner and moderators, nonsensical distractions. Some are welcome here. Some are not.

... and that's that.

Jayren
22nd November 2015, 01:32
cool beans man. :)

Andynko
22nd November 2015, 01:51
I have seen it happen on many a forum where the moderators just kill it with censorship or deleting peoples post on the flimsy of grounds should somone's views oppose their own or start posting on topics they just cant handle.

This is what makes me worried about contributing here sometimes, the possibility of being shot down or warned off.
That I am going to make a statement or ask a question that might be interpreted as not being worthy of discussion of debate, when really I want to encourage conversation on a topic hoping to gain further insight and encourage others to bring their thoughts and perhaps even experiences to the table.

rgray222
22nd November 2015, 02:10
One bans things not because they are all-knowing but because they have the means to do so.

Banning, ostracizing or censoring is all about power. The implication of, 'censoring' generally means that the majority of like minded people win or the one(s) with the most power win. Most people intellectually understand that censoring is not a good thing, but many don't actually get it. Consequently, they debate the definition of censoring to defend their position or they flat out deny that censoring is taking place.

After all it is pretty well established that everyone has a different reality. No one's reality should be cast aside because it seems too bizarre or waste of time. Personally, I am quite sure the moon is made of cheese!

Andynko
22nd November 2015, 02:20

Banning, ostracizing or censoring is all about power. The implication of, 'censoring' generally means that the majority of like minded people win or the one(s) with the most power win. Most people intellectually understand that censoring is not a good thing, but many don't actually get it. Consequently, they debate the definition of censoring to defend their position or they flat out deny that censoring is taking place.

After all it is pretty well established that everyone has a different reality. No one's reality should be cast aside because it seems too bizarre or waste of time. Personally, I am quite sure the moon is made of cheese!

If we create reality with thought, then why couldn't the moon be made of cheese?

Constance
22nd November 2015, 02:29
How about we try this for an idea? :idea:

How about we work on what we can agree upon and set anything else aside?

We embrace the common ground that we do hold with each other.

We let go of the need to hold onto whatever it is that separates and divides us.

We will do this because it provides us with the opportunity to explore a higher way. Maybe another perspective that we have never individually and collectively thought of before.

We will do this because it will require us to use our imaginations, our creativity, our innovation, our improvisation, our compassion, our unconditional love and harness and stretch all areas of our intelligence.

We will do this because it requires courage to be open to new frontiers and new ways of thinking and being.

No one is excluded.

All are honoured.

If we do this here on PA with the understanding that to do anything else will ultimately not lead to peace with each other, we can be the shining light for all else to see.

joeecho
22nd November 2015, 02:49

If I was a mod I would censor your comment about the moon being made out of cheese. That is just nonsense. ;)

http://orig04.deviantart.net/a25c/f/2011/324/d/0/wonder_if_the_moon_is_made_of_cheese____by_jean_claude17-d4griyk.jpg

ThePythonicCow
22nd November 2015, 03:26

Banning, ostracizing or censoring is all about power.

I disagree. The integrity of living or active beings or entities, whether solar systems, turtles or web forums, depends on both having the means to preserve integrity in the face of disruptions, and in using discernment when and how to use those means.

Power without discernment destroys all, self and other. Discernment without power is anemic and collapses. If your body has no immune system, the first infection kills you. If your immune system cannot discern self from other, it kills you along with whatever germs it finds.

Healthy institutions that would pursue certain goals with sustained persistence and focus, just like healthy biological bodies, require sufficient and discerning, but limited, power to preserve their integrity and endeavors.

ThePythonicCow
22nd November 2015, 03:30
If I was a mod I would censor your comment about the moon being made out of cheese. That is just nonsense. ;)
If I were a mod, I would censor your comment about censoring that cheesey comment. It mocks the role of a good mod team on a well run forum, to moderate the forum, in line with the forum's purpose, and with sufficient discernment and power to keep that forum healthy.

Oh wait ... I am a mod.

... nevermind :).

Jake
22nd November 2015, 03:36
If someone wants to honestly and wholeheartedly explore and/or promote the Santa Clause theory/conspiracy,, thats fine. Maybe Avalon is not the place, though...

A flat Earth and a Cheese moon have some pizzarific implications,,, and may have traction elsewhere,, Maybe not Avalon!

We cannot, nor would we want to stop anyone from expressing anything they want to, at any time... We CAN, however provide you the opportunity to take it somewhere else. There are plenty of places on the net to discuss santa, or the flat earth. Those topics aren't the best fit here.

Its really not that difficult.

Jake

Carmody
22nd November 2015, 03:55
Ultimately the earth IS flat, as is everything else.

3d is just an impression, it is not a reality. If you consider it (3d and distance, etc) a reality.... remember it is not.

Even though the above is true, good luck with the whole thing....

I actually managed, once.. to commit to the visual of the collapse of the 3d linear timespace universe, into it's 2d reality as seen from outside that system. It's a pretty darned heady view/experience to be able to juxtapose both as a visual. It slips away pretty fast, I tell you. It rides the ragged limit of what the human body/mind can do.

joeecho
22nd November 2015, 04:08
Dang, there goes my dissertation on the cheese moon.

https://anomaniac.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/draw_board.jpg

joeecho
22nd November 2015, 04:12
Ultimately the earth IS flat, as is everything else.

3d is just an impression, it is not a reality. If you consider it (3d and distance, etc) a reality.... remember it is not.

Even though the above is true, good luck with the whole thing....

I actually managed, once.. to commit to the visual of the collapse of the 3d linear timespace universe, into it's 2d reality as seen from outside that system. It's a pretty darned heady view/experience to be able to juxtapose both as a visual. It slips away pretty fast, I tell you. It rides the ragged limit of what the human body/mind can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWyTxCsIXE4

chancy
22nd November 2015, 04:25
Hello Everyone:
Free Speech is King!
I vote to ban Fulford news letters! They are of no use and there hasn't been any truth in any of them. I have followed them since the beginning and they are truly a waste of time.
( Does this mean I am going to get banned for my opinion? )

Where does it end? There is alot of threads that probably shouldn't be here BUT there can be information in these topics that leads to another path in the research of truth.

Over the years there have been many avalonians who are not here anymore for various reasons some good and some possibly bad. I miss some of the posters because they were so knowledgeable in their quest of truth. I am here because some of the topics ring truthful while others just cannot ring the bell in my brain.

If posting not so accurate posts is action for being banned then anyone that is posting probably has posted something that isn't accurate. INCLUDING MYSELF!
There are times when I post articles and then some else posts in the thread with the answer that makes the post completely inaccurate.
What then do we not post information that we find on the web anymore?
I say let's post it and members of Avalon will be the scrutineers.
chancy

sigma6
22nd November 2015, 04:54
David Lynch's famous explanation of Consciousness...
it really does sum it up...
LYXJXQPneLM

joeecho
22nd November 2015, 05:21
That is what a flatlander would say just with a different dimensional reference.

If you have a small-circle-sized consciousness, when you read a book, you'll have a small-circle-sized understanding; when you look out a window, a small-circle-sized awareness, when you wake up in the morning, a small-circle-sized wakefulness; and as you go about your day, a small-circle-sized inner happiness.

Hmmmmm

Ultima Thule
22nd November 2015, 06:18
There is no cage to be rattled here imo.
And no, no the mods and this Forum is not sliding anyway into chaos and power misuse, you can mark my words.

Regarding the closed thread, the point was very clear as to why. I was trying to help make the threead a bit more possible via asking the op as to what in his opinion were the main arguments in the video. In that particular setup there was only "I'm convinced about this flat earth thingie, but you need to look at the videos (and first actually find them) to be even able to have an opinion about it". My paraphrasing..

I mean: set up a thread and present it properly and you can "get away" with just about anything.

Other thing that is good to mention here: the mods are imo very delicate considering what threads to close - imho we would all benefit from everybody thinking not once but ten times over whether the thread I am about to post is concise, well presented, not already gone through and finally: does the quality of the Forum go up when my thread is posted or at the moment it is closed? At the moment the majority of new threads are spur-of-the-moment-byproducts(I know, I've done that) - we could do with less of that and more of "less-is-more".

In that sense I would say that the free speech is not a king I would bow to - the one who knows when to be silent I would consider. Everybody "freespeeching" at will is chaos, only after censorship is introduced(Preferably by oneself or if need be by another party), free speech starts to be functional. Otherwise it's like transmitting all radio stations at the same time at the same frequency.

UT

giovonni
22nd November 2015, 06:46
There is no cage to be rattled here imo.
And no, no the mods and this Forum is not sliding anyway into chaos and power misuse, you can mark my words.

Regarding the closed thread, the point was very clear as to why. I was trying to help make the threead a bit more possible via asking the op as to what in his opinion were the main arguments in the video. In that particular setup there was only "I'm convinced about this flat earth thingie, but you need to look at the videos (and first actually find them) to be even able to have an opinion about it". My paraphrasing..

I mean: set up a thread and present it properly and you can "get away" with just about anything.

Other thing that is good to mention here: the mods are imo very delicate considering what threads to close - imho we would all benefit from everybody thinking not once but ten times over whether the thread I am about to post is concise, well presented, not already gone through and finally: does the quality of the Forum go up when my thread is posted or at the moment it is closed? At the moment the majority of new threads are spur-of-the-moment-byproducts(I know, I've done that) - we could do with less of that and more of "less-is-more".

In that sense I would say that the free speech is not a king I would bow to - the one who knows when to be silent I would consider. Everybody "freespeeching" at will is chaos, only after censorship is introduced(Preferably by oneself or if need be by another party), free speech starts to be functional. Otherwise it's like transmitting all radio stations at the same time at the same frequency.

UT

I Totally Agree ...

But coming from me that's kind of an oxymoron ... http://www.skype-emoticons.com/images/emoticon-00136-giggle.gif

Rocky_Shorz
22nd November 2015, 07:25
seriously, the earth is flat...

if you look at it on a computer screen, walk beside the computer and look, the dang thing disappears, in fact it is not only flat, it disappears the whole way around it until you complete the whole circle and are back where you began...

from my experience, I'm convinced the world is flat...

on a computer screen... :blackwidow:

now I just shared a personal experience with all of you, and you know what?

I have no fear that Avalon wants to kick me out...

I have no fear they want to delete my post...

it's all in the delivery...

I always did hate clowns, that is a major fear of most humans, no idea why...

http://img14.deviantart.net/aaba/i/2012/157/0/b/evil_clowny_by_nightrhino-d52hbve.jpg

Atlas
22nd November 2015, 08:25
The education these individuals received [...]
George Carlin - Dumbed Down Education
WGL8FEMc378

Atlas
22nd November 2015, 08:36
I would censor your comment about censoring [...]
Censoring comments about censoring... that's an interesting question! Should we censor the censorship...?

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America:
yWHhLfc0VLg

Bubu
22nd November 2015, 08:59

you seem to have forgotten the magic word... "balance" and all of us should guard it. No mods can abuse, just go on deleting threads if we are vigilant. Not different from the PTB we let them do their crap. On the other hand we just cant let the little villager go s*** around the village where neighbors can smell it just because he likes to do so.

Skyhaven
22nd November 2015, 09:33
So silencing the conspiracists on the CONSPIRACY BOARD is a little off to me.
You seem to think that this is a conspiracy forum, and that therefore, were it not for the arbitrary biases of the mods, all conspiracies would be welcome.

Not so.

We're not a conspiracy forum.

We're a shared understanding, awareness and support forum.

We gather here to support each other, in various ways such as we can via a web forum, including a search for better understanding and awareness.

Revisiting nonsense, that has already been thoroughly debunked, is a distraction from our work, and not welcome here.

If you hold to the principle that all theories are equally valid, because there is no shared reality that we can come to better understand, in a cooperative effort, then ... well you're welcome to think whatever you want. You own your thoughts, not us.

But don't expect this forum, its owner and his selected moderators, to run this this forum by such principles.

In other words, not all conspiracy theories are created equally. Some help shed more light on our situation; some are, in the views of the forum's owner and moderators, nonsensical distractions. Some are welcome here. Some are not.

... and that's that.

No I don't think this is a conspiracy forum, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I was just referring to the conspiracy sub forum.

Citizen No2
22nd November 2015, 09:37

Regards.

Snoweagle
22nd November 2015, 09:38
Great work and thank you to the Moderation Team.

What a firecracker of revelation of some of Avalons most proficient and "respected" posters to advocate discussion based on the "right to free speech". Driving the guilt "skewer" to force engagement and then the gang "warfare", "good cop, bad cop" arguments swinging back and forth, advocating crushing dissenters to their lies.

Begone the lot of you, only one has unsubscribed so far. Not nearly enough.

This activity we witness here is key to understanding why the world is in the mess it is in right now. The sheeple sit and hide, instead of raising their game and challenging this type of nonsense, they bury their heads in the sand hoping nobody notices them. Hoping it will go away. Hoping somebody else will stand and and shout for them.

This argument is a poison to the mind. It creates a "clown" intellect to be forever mocked by this small select group and they celebrate quietly amongst themselves at their collective intellectual destruction of mankind. This debate is one of many that in isolation is deemed fickle, yet overall with a range of disengenuous promotions elsewhere are driving the world back into the "stone age".

I celebrate the Moderation team here at Avalon. As argumentally "neutered" as I am with my own warnings from the same team, I "kneel to my sword" with absolute respect for their stance on this matter.

joeecho
22nd November 2015, 16:18
Forever they will live in Flatland, for their greatest fear is the truly unknown. They shall be comforted with their summa cum laude degrees from Flatland University and like minded fellow Flatland scholars.

jake gittes
22nd November 2015, 16:38

Regards.

That's great, Citizen No2!! That poster should be plastered everywhere.

jake gittes
22nd November 2015, 16:45
Perhaps it would have been better just to have merged the new flat earth thread with the existing one, where the information/debating is already posted on the subject.

If the point is to not waste people's time on a topic deemed a time waster, a re-direct to Crazy Thread Wasteland would likely not have caused as much of a forum disruption as what is now a 3-page thread about it.

Bill Ryan
22nd November 2015, 16:51
Hi there, All —

It may sometimes be helpful to consider how the mods make these kinds of decisions... part of the context of which is de facto invisible to most members. And that's the application process.

As almost all of you know from your own experience, whether it was last week or several years ago, we ask members to outline something about themselves so that we can get a sense — both intuitive and data-driven — of who a prospective new member seems to be. This usually works really pretty well, though very occasionally we do make mistakes and let someone in who really should have been excluded right from the start.

And we DO sometimes exclude people at the start. We usually reject one or more applications every day. None of these are likely to be 'bad people' — but sometimes, their views seem to be immature, extreme, angry, prejudiced, inappropriate... you may get the idea. If we didn't have this filter in place, many threads might end up like YouTube channel comments. :facepalm:

The reason I'm explaining all this is to point out that not everything goes here. And not anyone, either. This is what makes Avalon the very special place it is. As Wade Frazier himself wrote yesterday (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86724-AVALON-Happy-1-000-000th-Posting---&p=1021779&viewfull=1#post1021779) (the honor of the millionth Avalon post serendipitously went to him)

being at Avalon is by far the best forum experience that I ever had, and it is an honor to write here.

Quite so, and long may it stay that way. :sun:

For that reason, posts or threads made by someone who we might not have included if we'd known more of what their values and interests are may be removed, or threads closed. And, in extreme cases, we may acknowledge that we made a mistake — which we do sometimes — and realize that that person should really not have been a member in the first place.

What does this all mean? It means that at Avalon there is NOT an open season on

Abuse
Arrogance
Extreme, unpleasant views
Promoting clear falsehoods or prejudice of various kinds
Or, in some cases, sheer uninformed unintelligence.

Lionhawk
22nd November 2015, 18:09
You know, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but this all comes down to common sense. Ask yourself, "Who do you want in your house?" Free speech you say? What about the abuse of free speech? Or the abuse of your free agency? Lipstick on a pig? It's still a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it.

Looking back, I can probably say I have been through most sides of this argument called "Censorship." We can easily get caught up in ourselves and our take on things without even thinking that there might be someone out there who might be younger and we are not setting a positive example for them. If it's not good for everyone, then it's not good for everyone! Consideration and respect so often gets laid to the wayside because of our selfish righteousness, not considering the whole.

It's called integrity. Which the world seems to be in short supply of. As of now, this house of Avalon has the best team of mods I have yet experienced. This hasn't always been the case but it is in the NOW.

I've dealt with the troll pollution on YouTube. I no longer comment on YouTube because of it. I've also dealt with a lot of trolls on forum boards. It's no picnic.

Meet Candy Bacon

https://pearlsofprofundity.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/lipstick-on-a-pig-2a.jpg

And when you have your bacon and eggs in the morning and you find your bacon tastes like cherry chapstick, you might think it is the 9th wonder of the world.

Rocky_Shorz
22nd November 2015, 18:23

you seem to have forgotten the magic word... "balance" and all of us should guard it. No mods can abuse, just go on deleting threads if we are vigilant. Not different from the PTB we let them do their crap. On the other hand we just cant let the little villager go s*** around the village where neighbors can smell it just because he likes to do so.

some people really don't understand the power of words...

when you say this source is a dork... it is a direct hammer on the person who you are upset with...

when you say everyone who thinks this guy is real is a complete moron, you are insulting members.

it's really that simple...

Avalon is a forum that has world changing discussions that are archived through history, what we write here will be studied a 1000 years from now.

now when you go into a discussion of interest, and can't hold back from joining, before you post just a few simple questions...

Am I adding to the knowledge base?
Am I positive this is wrong because I was there and saw this...
are you replying to a member whether on topic or not, but it is important at the moment.
like learning Target has an injured knee, finding out why was more important to me than the OP, because he is a friend.
or am I just putting worthless words on the screen?

now that last one we get writers block from, no one feels they are perfect in delivering what they want to say, and many members delete and don't post because they have such high standards in what they want to contribute.

I'm guilty of babbling and posting stuff I shouldn't often, but that keeps the writers block from dropping in front of me, so do it anyways. We all have our Quirks...

none of us like trolls who joined for disruption, and our mod team is amazingly forgiving, offering warnings, moderating posts... the last thing they ever want to do is exile someone from our presence.

just be kind and have fun, exciting things are happening all around us, I learn more from popping into Avalon for 10 minutes than I could from watching news for 24 hours a day.

sorry the clown couldn't pull it together, but he won't be the last getting a boot to his posterior on the way out the door...

don't let it be you...

Savannah
22nd November 2015, 19:25
Of course censorship is bad but that’s not what’s happening on Avalon. I was an academic and thus I understand the benefits and the pit falls of editing. If I submit a poorly referenced and poorly researched article for publication it will be rejected. That’s not censorship. It’s for the benefit of the readers of that Journal because they don’t waste their time or money buying and reading junk. Journal’s a have panel of “Peer Reviewers” and an Editor. If they reject an article it is not based on not liking an idea. It is based not using accepted research designs, logical arguments, presenting some type of evidence, logical arguments, collaborating facts etc. If I write about Flat Earth and also proved no new evidence worth listening to the Editor and Panel will rejects it because “it contributes nothing new to the field of study”. It is not about censoring its about quality control.

I had my work censored by the New Editor of Ozark Mountain Press Recently . see my Avalon thread “I Need Some Sage Advise”. My books was accepted by Delores Cannon for Publication because it was Channeling form the Gray’s. When I later wanted to add information into the book that would discredit channeling the book was rejected. That’s censorship, pure and simple.

I don’t see Avalon rejecting new ideas. New topics are discussed analyzed and we try to figure out if it has valuable or another Psy Op to keep us chasing our tails. To me it is the most valuable aspect of this forum. My frustration with this Forum is that at times it also has too much information. Why do people re- blog what’s in blogs unless they have something to say about it or they want feedback from others about its value. I can read all that junk out there, I come here for some signal from the noise and not being the victim of another Psy Op.

We all know why this is happening, to make it difficult to know what’s true but it also makes you feel angry and you question your discernment when you think something is real only to later find out it isn’t. They have really found out a good way not only keep us going in circles but makes us feel bad about ourselves and want to give up at times.

I have written a couple of times about my frustration with the disinformation and nonsense on the internet. I really appreciated http://montalk.net/ because he researched his subjects and supported his ideas. I wish we could go further on Avalon or maybe a sister site the likes of Wikipedia for Truthers. It would present the topic, the major contributors, the basic research and why many do or not support it. We need to find a way to fight back against this Psy Op and what Avalon did by removing this tread is one small part in making that happen.

joeecho
22nd November 2015, 20:09
There are at least two sides to every story. It is ashame when it comes across as one.

Education is most assuredly a collective.

Sierra
22nd November 2015, 22:01
There are at least two sides to every story. It is ashame when it comes across as one.

Education is most assuredly a collective.

Oh heavens, only two? Heh, not in the collective of Avalon moderators lol. :ROFL:

Skyhaven
22nd November 2015, 22:36
Many out here actually perceive Avalon as a real community, a community that adheres to important communal values like tolerance, equality, freedom of speech and what not, but in reality it is a website that offers information on a broad range of topics. Sure we can socialize and be nice to each other but that's as far as the whole community concept goes for a website. In the end its about having some worth while content to absorb, and like any website in the end the owner of the website determines what gets to be on it and what not.

Bill Ryan
22nd November 2015, 22:57
Many out here actually perceive Avalon as a real community, a community that adheres to important communal values like tolerance, equality, freedom of speech and what not, but in reality it is a website that offers information on a broad range of topics. Sure we can socialize and be nice to each other but that's as far as the whole community concept goes for a website. In the end its about having some worth while content to absorb, and with any website in the end the owner of the website determines what gets to be on it and what not.

Well, maybe I can comment in a way to flesh this out a little.

Avalon is certainly not only about information. It's about friendship and more, connection for people who may have felt isolated and/or misunderstood much of their lives, support, encouragement, inspiration, healing, growth, the acquisition of new skills and abilities, understanding of bewildering experiences, and every kind of aesthetics, fun and humor. It's a real community in every sense... except for the physical co-presence.

Lives change here. That doesn't always happen when watching YouTube on one's own! :)

And the 'owner' (yours truly!) doesn't actually make most of the decisions. They're made to a very large degree through consensus or pure delegation among a very able and committed team. And what many reading this might have noticed many times is that I (and often the other mods) often don't have to say a word... the other members frequently take care of issues and questions themselves.

Although I felt I quite wanted to make this post myself, my guess is that there'd be many other members who might have replied in similar vein to add the above... with kindness and courtesy, as I hope I have done here myself.

:sun:

Lionhawk
22nd November 2015, 23:17
For the censorship in Wikipedia, see Wikipedia:Censorship.
Madama Anastasie (allegory of censorship) by André Gill, June 19, 1874

Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.[1]

IMO, there are two types of information. Firsthand or secondhand. The latter is always subjective. You either "hope" or "fear" the information to be true or false. You either believe it or you don't. What has more value? Firsthand of course. Secondhand information has to be proven out into a knowing that can be validated. So in reality, most of the information here is secondhand. Although a poster may reveal a firsthand account, it is still secondhand to you. You didn't experience what the poster experienced. That is what firsthand information is about. Experience. Belief is a far cry away from experience.

If folks want to subscribe into the believing game, getting all caught up on something they can't prove otherwise and use that to insult folks on top of that......you wonder why the world is in a mess? Blue pill or the red one? All we can do is share our experiences and not expect folks to believe you, unless you can provide real evidence to the contrary.

All this political correctness is driving me nuts. If you come into my house, I will treat you with the utmost respect. But if you come into my house and insult it with everyone in here, am I supposed to say I love you for doing that? Then I am the idiot for allowing a moron to do that. Plain and simple.

This forum is not what I would call a publishing company in the sense of being in the business of publishing books. Although I cheer anyone here to pursue that quest and use what you have learned from here in the sense of firsthand experiences vs. writing editorials on secondhand gossip. If you believe in something then prove it out and you will go far with that endeavor.

If the subject matter is an inconvenience, then so be it. I don't think Bill has asked the impossible. He has also admitted that mistakes have also been made. You have to make some before you succeed. If you stick with it you will gain maturity. I think Bill has done that in a very graceful fashion.

One thing that also drives me a little batty is someone will post a new thread like everyday. Flash in the pan kind of stuff. Polarizing flypaper. Just seeking your opinion on secondhand information. Bout as useless as the newspaper in my outhouse. IMO. So I will excise my free agency and just stay away from gossip type postings. No good ever seems to come of it.

And this is coming from someone who had a thread banned at Avalon. I finally got the memo. And I will call myself an idiot for finally realizing why. I'm such a hard head at times. :bigsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

kersley
23rd November 2015, 00:16
I have seen it happen on many a forum where the moderators just kill it with censorship or deleting peoples post on the flimsy of grounds should somone's views oppose their own or start posting on topics they just cant handle.

This is what makes me worried about contributing here sometimes, the possibility of being shot down or warned off.
That I am going to make a statement or ask a question that might be interpreted as not being worthy of discussion of debate, when really I want to encourage conversation on a topic hoping to gain further insight and encourage others to bring their thoughts and perhaps even experiences to the table.

No chance of that here mate.. we are been controlled just like the so called Elites control this spinning sphere planet.. We all have different interest,Views. Who decides what I should read on here?

Bill Ryan
23rd November 2015, 00:38
we are been controlled just like the so called Elites control this spinning sphere planet.. We all have different interest,Views. Who decides what I should read on here?

Here's what you wrote a few weeks ago, on 16 September. A wonderful post. As you very rightly said, "fools or gullible we are not." :thumbsup:

Every time I hear of any news good or bad, the first thing I do is check here because I'm truly bless to be a part of this Awesome forum where nothing escape us..
We have many amazing talents here on Avalon.. Fools or gullible we are not.

kersley
23rd November 2015, 00:44
we are been controlled just like the so called Elites control this spinning sphere planet.. We all have different interest,Views. Who decides what I should read on here?

Here's what you wrote a few weeks ago, on 16 September. A wonderful post. As you very rightly said, "fools or gullible we are not." :thumbsup:

Every time I hear of any news good or bad, the first thing I do is check here because I'm truly bless to be a part of this Awesome forum where nothing escape us..

My point exactly. we can sort it out amongst ourselves. Why can't we discuss all topics let the thread run it's course? why all the banning and closing ?

kersley
23rd November 2015, 00:51
Its the members that ask for thread to be closed and Mods following suit I'm worried about.. FREE thinking.. Discernment is what we should be about.
I heard about the flat earth and came here to learn more but all the flat earth threads has been closed?

ThePythonicCow
23rd November 2015, 01:02
My point exactly. we can sort it out amongst ourselves. Why can't we discuss all topics let the thread run it's course? why all the banning and closing ?
Not all that is posted here, and not all who post here, have our best interests at heart and in mind.

A policy of "anything goes" can be abused, perhaps innocently, perhaps intentionally, to destroy healthy discussion.

Simply leaving it to each person to read what they will, and post what they will, is not sufficient. Organized enforcement is necessary to avoid what is often observed -- forums becoming full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The fundamental difference between healthy organizations and tyranny (both of which might use the same justifications for centrally imposed control) is the ease with which participants can leave, and the breath of their imposed control. Any control that the Avalon forum moderators exercise does not extend one inch past what's posted here, on this one modest forum, and you can take your leave of this forum with a simple click of your mouse.

Discipline and freedom, like yin and yang, are equally essential opposites, out of whose energetic dance is formed beings and orderings of higher levels.

syrwong
23rd November 2015, 01:03
What makes a forum good is the choice of topics and the quality of posters. Shills degrade a forum by putting up topics of bad taste and bumping them. I think even the recurrent appearance of one bad topic can turn away many viewers. Moderators being the keepers of the forum have the responsibility to delete such posts.

Bill Ryan
23rd November 2015, 01:10

There's already a 'Flat Earth' thread with 283 posts, here. (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?83765-A-Flat-Earth-not-Round-...) It's all right there for anyone to read, has not been deleted, is fully searchable, and contains a lot of information — much of which is good, and can be referenced any time by anyone who's still in any way confused.

It ran from 19 July till 2 September, a full six and a half weeks, and you were an active member all that time. I can see that you visited and read the thread, but you never posted on it or once asked any questions at all.

The thread was closed because it HAD very much been sorted out — to borrow your words. If anyone had read the thread but was still closed-minded about their Flat Earth view, then it seemed to most members who were actively participating that there was just no chance of any more progress being made.

You have to understand that the 'Flat Earth' meme is really very likely to be an injected psy-op against the alternative community — basically to make it look ridiculous. My own very firm commitment is NOT to support that.

A thread to discuss this psy-op may be very valuable. But not to discuss the merits of a concept the Greeks understood perfectly well over 2,200 years ago.

—> http (https://khanacademy.org/partner-content/big-history-project/solar-system-and-earth/knowing-solar-system-earth/a/eratosthenes-of-cyrene)://khanacademy.org/partner-content/big-history-project/solar-system-and-earth/knowing-solar-system-earth/a/eratosthenes-of-cyrene (https://khanacademy.org/partner-content/big-history-project/solar-system-and-earth/knowing-solar-system-earth/a/eratosthenes-of-cyrene)

joeecho
23rd November 2015, 03:26
I was thinking the mods could all give us preform posts on approved topics that we could post under our usernames and then the forum would be 'PERFECT'!

It would be spectacular!

Dennis Leahy
23rd November 2015, 03:43
I was thinking the mods could all give us preform posts on approved topics that we could post under our usernames and then the forum would be 'PERFECT'!

It would be spectacular!OK, Joe, you can only post about freshwater fish, in Haiku form, posted in Pig-Latin. But let's make it official:

Heretofore, and across the boundless reach of Eternity, Avalonian "joeecho" may only post about the topic "freshwater fish", must do so in Haiku form, and the Haiku must be written in Pig-Latin.

Thus it is decreed.

Failure to comply will result in raised eyebrows and a chorus of "harumphs"

joeecho
23rd November 2015, 03:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbxsZjagMVA

Constance
23rd November 2015, 06:09

It would be spectacular!OK, Joe, you can only post about freshwater fish, in Haiku form, posted in Pig-Latin. But let's make it official:

Heretofore, and across the boundless reach of Eternity, Avalonian "joeecho" may only post about the topic "freshwater fish", must do so in Haiku form, and the Haiku must be written in Pig-Latin.

Thus it is decreed.

Failure to comply will result in raised eyebrows and a chorus of "harumphs"

all together now :eyebrows: "Harumph, Harumph, Harumph" - just practising :madgrin:

Skyhaven
23rd November 2015, 12:01
Many out here actually perceive Avalon as a real community, a community that adheres to important communal values like tolerance, equality, freedom of speech and what not, but in reality it is a website that offers information on a broad range of topics. Sure we can socialize and be nice to each other but that's as far as the whole community concept goes for a website. In the end its about having some worth while content to absorb, and with any website in the end the owner of the website determines what gets to be on it and what not.

Well, maybe I can comment in a way to flesh this out a little.

Avalon is certainly not only about information. It's about friendship and more, connection for people who may have felt isolated and/or misunderstood much of their lives, support, encouragement, inspiration, healing, growth, the acquisition of new skills and abilities, understanding of bewildering experiences, and every kind of aesthetics, fun and humor. It's a real community in every sense... except for the physical co-presence.

Lives change here. That doesn't always happen when watching YouTube on one's own! :)

And the 'owner' (yours truly!) doesn't actually make most of the decisions. They're made to a very large degree through consensus or pure delegation among a very able and committed team. And what many reading this might have noticed many times is that I (and often the other mods) often don't have to say a word... the other members frequently take care of issues and questions themselves.

Although I felt I quite wanted to make this post myself, my guess is that there'd be many other members who might have replied in similar vein to add the above... with kindness and courtesy, as I hope I have done here myself.

:sun:

Thanks for your elaborate reply, Bill.

Well, given your description of Avalon as a community I am personally still cautious committing to being a full 'community' member in the sense you are describing. Many here have seen dear friends come and go over silly disputes. So I ask myself, why get too emotionally involved perceiving Avalon as a full community when the chance is high you are going to get hurt if you do so.

So, until I feel more comfortable perceiving Avalon as a full community, I am not going to be a full community member in the sense you are describing it. I am sticking with the perception of Avalon being a source of great content and nice people.

greybeard
23rd November 2015, 12:34
Respect, balance and common sense in everything or most things is an asset in any interaction, be it face to face or here.
I have personally met four Avalon members and that was a "delight" for me.
From Finland, Denmark, Serbia, Australia.
My life has been greatly enriched by being part of Avalon--yet I dont actually personally identify with being a member of a community but then I dont feel a member of anything, except the human race.
As far as banning a thread or member, its good to have known boundaries, yes they limit but also protect.
I have had friends who were "encouraged" to leave but that's life.
Avalon is not for everyone and every belief system/point of view/concept.
I don't always agree with the actions of members or Mods but I accept that this is the way it is.

Chris

Skyhaven
23rd November 2015, 13:42
People come and go, that's life, but it is important to me that universal 'laws' are reflected back in every control structure. That's what makes great nations, and communities. Unconditional love is one of them. If one gets to be born into/accepted into a community as a full member it is very important that one is supported through good and bad.

So in this analogy if we can make Bill God for a second, it would be an improvement when people didn't just drop dead if they said something out of line, but let internal resistance make everything balance out again, in the meantime God can then focus on the hackers from within and without that really want to disrupt the system/world, and who gets to be allowed into the system/world.

As above so below :)

Bill Ryan
23rd November 2015, 14:01
So, until I feel more comfortable perceiving Avalon as a full community, I am not going to be a full community member in the sense you are describing it. I am sticking with the perception of Avalon being a source of great content and nice people.

Yes, I understand! But you may be missing out on a LOT that it seems you may not know is here, available to everyone.

Many threads are nothing at all about information. The examples below make up the HEART of a true community.

In fact, the quality is far higher than many actual real-world communities out there. In many real-world 'communities', people still feel lonely, misunderstood and isolated. True community is far better understood by traditional societies, and villages that existed hundreds of years ago (and, in some places, still do).

Here's Joe Sustaire's beautiful and moving account of the death of his beloved wife, Patty:
Hold Hands, Make Faces, and Laugh!
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86871-Hold-Hands-Make-Faces-and-Laugh-)

AngelEyes' desperate plea for help and support, here (which was answered by MANY members sharing experiences and advice of their own):
Cutting/ Self-harm (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86623-Cutting-Self-harm)

Two profound experiences of my own that I'd invite all members to read:
An experience that changed my life (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14157-An-experience-that-changed-my-life)
A day in the mountains: a tale of forgiveness (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14409-A-day-in-the-mountains-a-tale-of-forgiveness)

Ulli's Here and Now...What's Happening? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening) (one of the longest and most remarkable threads on the internet)

Lionhawk's inspiring and powerful Put Another Log On The Fire
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?84653-Put-Another-Log-On-The-Fire)

And MANY, MANY, MANY others. Here are just a few from the last 24 hours alone:

You must laugh at least once a day (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?74551-You-must-laugh-at-least-once-a-day)

Music - Inspiration of Life
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?56469-----Music-Inspiration-of-Life)

Coloring books for adults (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86916-Coloring-books-for-adults)

Avalon monthly remote viewing?
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86684-Avalon-monthly-remote-viewing)

Beautiful Nature pics
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?52010-Beautiful-Nature-pics)

Project Avalon Dream Journal
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86911-Project-Avalon-Dream-Journal)

Enlightenment and related matters (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?860-Enlightenment-and-related-matters.)

Are You Feeling What I'm Feeling? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?85507-Are-You-Feeling-What-I-m-Feeling)

Calling all light warriors - the Bees need you! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62676-Calling-all-light-warriors-the-Bees-need-you-)

I could extend the list literally for pages! But you may understand my point. Of course, it's all a massive buffet of all kinds of wonderful things (shared and contributed by wonderful people).... and one can pick and choose each day. or each visit, according to one's mood, personality or needs. The only point I'm making here is that to regard Avalon as a source of hard information only may be really quite limiting.

(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening)

ulli
23rd November 2015, 14:13
People come and go, that's life, but it is important to me that universal 'laws' are reflected back in every control structure. That's what makes great nations, and communities. Unconditional love is one of them. If one gets to be born into/accepted into a community as a full member it is very important that one is supported through good and bad.

So in this analogy if we can make Bill God for a second, it would be an improvement when people didn't just drop dead if they said something out of line, but let internal resistance make everything balance out again, in the meantime God can then focus on the hackers from within and without that really want to disrupt the system/world, and who gets to be allowed into the world.

I don't see unconditional love as being "universal law", but rather as an ideal beyond all laws.
To get there takes a bit of work. For both the receiver, as well as the one who dishes it out.

Universal laws operate more in a duality system which keeps all of life in motion, going through motions.
Like centrifugal force versus gravity.

Unconditional love...ahhh!!!!
Now I can relax, and anything goes, put my feet up.

But when I do mess up, you can bet that my otherwise non-communicative son will suddenly pop out and slap me on the wrist, in public, on FB.

Like when I posted something on crisis actors.
The great debunker is always lurking in the dark...lol.

Skyhaven
23rd November 2015, 14:32

So in this analogy if we can make Bill God for a second, it would be an improvement when people didn't just drop dead if they said something out of line, but let internal resistance make everything balance out again, in the meantime God can then focus on the hackers from within and without that really want to disrupt the system/world, and who gets to be allowed into the world.

I don't see unconditional love as being "universal law", but rather as an ideal beyond all laws.
To get there takes a bit of work. For both the receiver, as well as the one who dishes it out.

Universal laws operate more in a duality system which keeps all of life in motion, going through motions.

But when I do mess up, you can bet that my otherwise non-communicative son will suddenly pop out and slap me on the wrist, in public, on FB.

To me it is a spiritual law as opposed to laws of matter, and to me unconditional love is the highest spiritual law within duality, it means one has come into terms with the good and the bad, one comes from the other, they are both needed and necessary, to become more whole.

ulli
23rd November 2015, 15:00
To me it is a spiritual law as opposed to laws of matter, and to me unconditional love is the highest spiritual law within duality, it means one has come into terms with the good and the bad, one comes from the other, they are both needed and necessary, to become more whole.

True, and I agree.

Problems arise when demands are made on guarantees.
Spirit and matter interchange constantly, although are not mutually exclusive.

Spirit is matter at its highest and matter is spirit at its lowest.

Constance
23rd November 2015, 21:07
well...here is another idea...

Maybe we could draw up a blueprint for what a "true" community could potentially look like for us on PA, now and in the future?

If we all would really want that of course :bearhug:

Sierra
23rd November 2015, 21:14

Maybe we could draw up a blueprint for what a "true" community could potentially look like for us on PA, now and in the future?

Hmmm... I think some of us want a true community, but imposition of "trueness" from an outside source tends to distort individual "trueness".

And the arguments about what would be defined as truth. :facepalm:

I tend to think our own energy, our frequency, is what attracts us to individuals to which we can form community with comfort and happiness.

Just my .02 :)

Constance
23rd November 2015, 21:45

So in this analogy if we can make Bill God for a second, it would be an improvement when people didn't just drop dead if they said something out of line, but let internal resistance make everything balance out again, in the meantime God can then focus on the hackers from within and without that really want to disrupt the system/world, and who gets to be allowed into the system/world.

As above so below :)

Yes, I understand! But you may be missing out on a LOT that it seems you may not know is here, available to everyone.

Many threads are nothing at all about information. The examples below make up the HEART of a true community.

In fact, the quality is far higher than many actual real-world communities out there. In many real-world 'communities', people still feel lonely, misunderstood and isolated. True community is far better understood by traditional societies, and villages that existed hundreds of years ago (and, in some places, still do).

Here's Joe Sustaire's beautiful and moving account of the death of his beloved wife, Patty:
(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86871-Hold-Hands-Make-Faces-and-Laugh-)

AngelEyes' desperate plea for help and support, here (which was answered by MANY members sharing experiences and advice of their own):
Cutting/ Self-harm (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86623-Cutting-Self-harm)

An experience that changed my life (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14157-An-experience-that-changed-my-life)
A day in the mountains: a tale of forgiveness (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14409-A-day-in-the-mountains-a-tale-of-forgiveness)

Ulli's Here and Now...What's Happening? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening) (one of the longest and most remarkable threads on the internet)

(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?84653-Put-Another-Log-On-The-Fire)

You must laugh at least once a day (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?74551-You-must-laugh-at-least-once-a-day)

(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?56469-----Music-Inspiration-of-Life)

Coloring books for adults (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86916-Coloring-books-for-adults)

(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86684-Avalon-monthly-remote-viewing)

Beautiful Nature pics

(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?86911-Project-Avalon-Dream-Journal)

Enlightenment and related matters (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?860-Enlightenment-and-related-matters.)

Are You Feeling What I'm Feeling? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?85507-Are-You-Feeling-What-I-m-Feeling)

Calling all light warriors - the Bees need you! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62676-Calling-all-light-warriors-the-Bees-need-you-)

I could extend the list literally for pages! But you may understand my point. Of course, it's all a massive buffet of all kinds of wonderful things (shared and contributed by wonderful people).... and one can pick and choose each day. or each visit, according to one's mood, personality or needs. The only point I'm making here is that to regard Avalon as a source of hard information only may be really quite limiting.

(http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening)

Hmmm... I think some of us want a true community, but imposition of "trueness" from an outside source tends to distort individual "trueness".

And the arguments about what would be defined as truth. :facepalm:

I tend to think our own energy, our frequency, is what attracts us to individuals to which we can form community with comfort and happiness.

Just my .02 :)

Yes...I hear you. :bearhug:

It was once asked of me what I thought a true community was and I really had to think about it for some time.

An answer was given to me by the asker...They said that it is when you know everyone's name that true community exists.

I thought that whilst it was really simple that it was also a really profound statement.

I don't know if that was the whole answer to what a true community consisted of but I was prepared to do whatever it took to be in a true community here - if that is what everyone else wanted for themselves and each other.

Oh well...never mind :sun:

Skyhaven
23rd November 2015, 23:04
Also: has anyone considered that banning a topic has the opposite consequence?, this is called the Streisand effect:

The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California, inadvertently drew further public attention to it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress numbers, files, and websites. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored across the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks.[1][2]

Sierra
24th November 2015, 18:47
I agree with you Breal, communities should be small enough that everyone knows everyone's name.

Statistics show the optimum number for a community is 10,000. Any larger then, a) accountability or peer pressure goes down, and b) the crime rate goes up.

Jake
24th November 2015, 19:26
Also: has anyone considered that banning a topic has the opposite consequence?, this is called the Streisand effect:

The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California, inadvertently drew further public attention to it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress numbers, files, and websites. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored across the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks.[1][2]

The Streisand effect? Yikes,, we're doomed! :)

I think if we throw out the effect of basic physics, the effect of light, the effect of gravity, etc,,, and all we're left with is something called the Streisan Effect, then it is safe to assume that we veered WAAAAYYY off course.

Jake

Skyhaven
24th November 2015, 19:41

I think if we throw out the effect of basic physics, the effect of light, the effect of gravity, etc,,, and all we're left with is something called the Streisan Effect, then it is safe to assume that we veered WAAAAYYY off course.

Jake

Haha, funny Jake. YES DOOMED I TELL YOU! it's already incubating right now, and tomorrow is going to be all over the news! THE EARTH IS FLAT AFTER ALL, and everyone is going to believe it, :)

Skyhaven
24th November 2015, 20:13

Jake

Edit: double post

greybeard
24th November 2015, 20:22
Its a bit like reverse psychology.
Just tell people not to do some thing and watch what happens.
"The paint is wet, don't touch"

Ch

Skyhaven
24th November 2015, 20:27
Yes Chris, another law of the universe, opposites attract, and thank god they do, otherwise this thing we call existence would be very static.

avid
24th November 2015, 20:28
Why is this thread still going? Surely all are exhausted by now, thanks for everyone's opinions - please let us focus on more important issues, people are being wronged everywhere, and we are being drawn into a potential WWIII. Thank you.

Skyhaven
24th November 2015, 20:43
Why is this thread still going? Surely all are exhausted by now, thanks for everyone's opinions - please let us focus on more important issues, people are being wronged everywhere, and we are being drawn into a potential WWIII. Thank you.

Our minds are being drawn into wars, the real us can't be touched, literally and figuratively.

avid
24th November 2015, 20:47
We can make a positive difference Skyhaven, by deflection.

joeecho
24th November 2015, 21:20
One should do with their time as they will.

Isn't focusing ones attention on what others attention is doing taking away from the attention they could give to the thing they feel should be attended to? ;)

Skyhaven
24th November 2015, 21:32

No, by not letting all this crap the MSM portrays interfere with our natural frequency, the news itself is mind control, forget about the contents of the news., that's not what it's really about, it's about tampering with everybody's natural frequency.

joeecho
24th November 2015, 22:00

Jake

Haha, funny Jake. YES DOOMED I TELL YOU! it's already incubating right now, and tomorrow is going to be all over the news! THE EARTH IS FLAT AFTER ALL, and everyone is going to believe it, :)

From the perspective of infinity everything is flat but from the perspective of finite things the earth is spherical.

Perspective, perspective, and no one rules them all.

Skyhaven
24th November 2015, 22:11

From the perspective of infinity everything is flat but from the perspective of finite things the earth is spherical.

Perspective, perspective, and no one rules them all.

Be very careful now, Joe, or the banning a thread thread is going to be banned, and then someone will feel attracted to start a banning the banning a thread thread, and then we need to start all over again. :)

Jake
24th November 2015, 23:24

No, by not letting all this crap the MSM portrays interfere with our natural frequency, the news itself is mind control, forget about the contents of the news., that's not what it's really about, it's about tampering with everybody's natural frequency.

Woah, wait a tick! :) What happened to being all inclusive and open minded and supportive? Lol... Just playing a bit of devils advocate here... But the FE stuff just might be crap being portrayed to interfere with our natural frequency and furthermore is mind control, forget about the contents, thats not what it's really about. Its about tampering with everybody's natural frequency. ;);)

perspective, perspective perspective! :) If i log into my ESPN account and start talking about bigfoot,, then complain about freedom of speach because my comments are removed,, id EXPECT to be banned... its just common sense..

Jake

joeecho
25th November 2015, 01:07
Be very careful now, Joe, or the banning a thread thread is going to be banned, and then someone will feel attracted to start a banning the banning a thread thread, and then we need to start all over again. :)

<sigh> Oh how I know, oh how I know..... ;)

Sometimes when one says they have an open mind, what they are really saying is that it may be a little more open. They just don't know, yet, just how 'little' more it is. For the sake of Avalon, I hope sooner then later.

joeecho
25th November 2015, 01:18
If i log into my ESPN account and start talking about bigfoot,, then complain about freedom of speach because my comments are removed,, id EXPECT to be banned... its just common sense..
Jake

So is it like when kids say, "But Jakes parents say......"

When one starts comparing how one does something or worrying about a mythical image they have in the world they run the risk of being just like every other drone forum out there. True innovation is what sets the world ablaze/ effects positive change not something that could be headed for namby pamby land.

Jake
25th November 2015, 01:34
Sigh,,,, as well,,, when you point a finger at someone, you have 3 pointing back at yourself...

discuss what you want to! :)

Some things, maybe discuss elsewhere... There are no bars here, and we have zero intention to make it so! Closing a usuless discussion is part of the ebb and flow of a discussion forum! If you want to beat a dead horse, by all means,, theres other discussion forums.. We dont care one hoot about moderating them! :)

If we were the cencors you kind folks are accusing us of, this post would not be required because your posts would have been censored... seeing that they are not cencored, yet still insisting that we are censoring you is a bit childish, no offense...

its a bit like the kid in class who says "why", and when you answer he says "why",,, and when you answer he says "why",,, now everyone else thinks it is funny and worthwhile. The kid doesn't even care WHY!! He just wants to be a distraction...... looky there the bell rang and we never even started the lesson...

Which was this kids point!

Jake

Atlas
25th November 2015, 04:38
The kid doesn't even care WHY!! He just wants to be a distraction......
Ah yes, I noticed that behavior. In fact, the kid is truly trying to understand why but knowing that he won't get any satisfactory answer, he then moves on to the 'distraction' phase.

dhXtG13qPfc

ZooLife
25th November 2015, 05:01
There are no bars here, and we have zero intention to make it so!

Of course there are no bars here. There is no here here either.

Yet......HERE I go again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
'Cause I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams

No Fear

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/sinnsmd/funny-big-dog.jpg

;)

ZooLife
25th November 2015, 05:45
A ban is like a wall and an absolute ban is like a wall that stretches in all directions to infinity.

There is great interest in a ban. Why? Because maybe just maybe behind said ban could very well be the key that unlocks one thousand doors.

Have you already been on that other side and found but a lump of coal? Maybe it looked too crude to you to be a key, maybe all it needed was to be cleaned up and polished.

Keys easily found unlock fewer doors.

Settle for limitations and limitations will settle you.

<3

Violet
25th November 2015, 09:51
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/misc/quote_icon.png Posted by breal (here) (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=1022584#post1022584)

If we all would really want that of course http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/smilies/0503%20Hug.gif
[/URL]

Posted by Sierra (here) (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=1022584#post1022584)
[URL="http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=1022584#post1022584"]

And the arguments about what would be defined as truth. http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/smilies/0406%20Facepalm.gif

Just my .02 :) :bearhug: Just be.

Keep in mind that others are be-ing as well.

Ideally we can all be together.

Commun-ity.

Skyhaven
25th November 2015, 10:56
Sigh,,,, as well,,, when you point a finger at someone, you have 3 pointing back at yourself...

discuss what you want to! :)

Some things, maybe discuss elsewhere... There are no bars here, and we have zero intention to make it so! Closing a usuless discussion is part of the ebb and flow of a discussion forum! If you want to beat a dead horse, by all means,, theres other discussion forums.. We dont care one hoot about moderating them! :)

If we were the cencors you kind folks are accusing us of, this post would not be required because your posts would have been censored... seeing that they are not cencored, yet still insisting that we are censoring you is a bit childish, no offense...

its a bit like the kid in class who says "why", and when you answer he says "why",,, and when you answer he says "why",,, now everyone else thinks it is funny and worthwhile. The kid doesn't even care WHY!! He just wants to be a distraction...... looky there the bell rang and we never even started the lesson...

Which was this kids point!

Jake

And in the mean time all the adults wished they could live like children again... Be more free, and open minded, not bound by a tight web of rights and wrongs, rules and regulations, norms and values, live their natural state again. So I am really glad to be on the side of the child, and not on the side of the adults, you are right, this is where this whole impulse to rebel comes from, the inner child...

Circumstances do not really matter, it is the state of mind that matters.

Skyhaven
25th November 2015, 11:50
And Jake, don't take it too serious, because it's all play for us children. :)

ZooLife
25th November 2015, 12:05
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/misc/quote_icon.png Posted by breal (here) (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=1022584#post1022584)

If we all would really want that of course http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/smilies/0503%20Hug.gif
[/URL]

Posted by Sierra (here) (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=1022584#post1022584)
[URL="http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=1022584#post1022584"]

And the arguments about what would be defined as truth. http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/smilies/0406%20Facepalm.gif

Just my .02 :) :bearhug: Just be.

Keep in mind that others are be-ing as well.

Ideally we can all be together.

Commun-ity.

Each buzz in the bee hive matters or no buzz in the bee hive matters and if no buzz in the bee hive matters then neither does the hive.

That may appear contra intuitive, after all what is one bee in a hive matter?

The question drowns out in the busy buzz of the bee hive... We have honey to attend to little bee.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

joeecho
26th November 2015, 13:53
Today I am thankful for a FLAT table in which the feast is placed. If it were round or vertical then it would all slide off. ;)

Bill Ryan
16th July 2019, 12:40

Beautiful Nature pics

:bump:

An interesting discussion! :)

edina
16th July 2019, 12:48
I wasn't around when this was happening.

And I never gave much energy to the whole "Flat Earth" issue in general.

The issue of banning that thread v the Q thread is similar and yet, different.

I love the last post that links in all the other very interesting conversations going on at the time in Avalon.

But, I'm not sure conflating the Q thread with Flat Earth is fair, or accurate.

Just in case, this was meant to associate the two.

Bill Ryan
16th July 2019, 13:32
I love the last post that links in all the other very interesting conversations going on at the time in Avalon.

Just in case, this was meant to associate the two.No it wasn't. I actually found the thread (again) entirely by accident, when I was looking for something I'd written — the An experience that changed my life (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14157-An-experience-that-changed-my-life) andA day in the mountains: a tale of forgiveness (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14409-A-day-in-the-mountains-a-tale-of-forgiveness) threads. (Both highly recommended. Please do read.)

Then I remembered that this was another time when I'd posted, in some detail, how very eclectic and interesting all of Avalon is, and that (bringing this to the present) the 'Q' issue is only a tiny and relatively unimportant corner of that very large world.

That's compared with the well-described, important and profound personal experiences of many members (there are countless other examples) that offer real and substantial opportunity for learning, growth and reflection.

In my personal opinion, political discussion offers none of that, and while dramatic and sometimes addictive, is relatively shallow in personal terms. And the spiritual component is exactly zero.

That's why to so many people, it just doesn't feel good, and they just avoid it all.

~~~

(And three clarifications!)

This discussion 'Banning a thread' was started by another member (none of the mods) who questioned the closing of a Flat Earth thread in 2015. 'Banning' was their term. (You can see how emotional these things get!) We just never got round to changing it to be more accurate.
Closing a thread is different from moving it to the members-only section.
You brought up 'Q' (again) — not me. :)

edina
16th July 2019, 13:41

Just in case, this was meant to associate the two.No it wasn't. I actually found the thread (again) entirely by accident, when I was looking for something I'd written — the An experience that changed my life (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14157-An-experience-that-changed-my-life) andA day in the mountains: a tale of forgiveness (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14409-A-day-in-the-mountains-a-tale-of-forgiveness) threads. (Both highly recommended. Please do read.)

Then I remembered that this was another time when I'd posted, in some detail, how very eclectic and interesting all of Avalon is, and that (bringing this to the present) the 'Q' issue is only a tiny and relatively unimportant corner of that very large world.

That's compared with the well-described, important and profound personal experiences of many members (there are countless other examples) that offer real and substantial opportunity for learning, growth and reflection.

In my personal opinion, political discussion offers none of that, and while dramatic and sometimes addictive, is relatively shallow in personal terms. And the spiritual component is exactly zero.

That's why to so many people, it just doesn't feel good, and they just avoid it all.

~~~

(And three clarifications!)

This discussion 'Banning a thread' was started by another member (none of the mods) who questioned the closing of a Flat Earth thread in 2015. 'Banning' was their term. (You can see how emotional these things get!) We just never got round to changing it to be more accurate.
Closing a thread is different from moving it to the members-only section.
You brought up 'Q' (again) — not me. :)

Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated. :)