PDA

View Full Version : BBC - ' Ball Lightning May Explain UFOs'

jahbless
1st December 2010, 08:49
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11877842

So that's that one solved eh? ;)

witchy1
1st December 2010, 09:00
"It's not a vigorous theory; it's more a suggestion that may be worth exploring," he said

Yeah....no, were not even going to explore it buddy.........

jahbless
1st December 2010, 09:20
Yeah....no, were not even going to explore it buddy.........
Indeed - I'm interested at (perceived on my part at least) changes in the BBC of late. A lot more noise and a lot less substance.

Maybe I'm just ultra-paranoid though!

:thumb:

Orion.V
1st December 2010, 10:01
http://boilermakerx.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bs-detector.gif

There is nothing wrong in identifying some natural phenomenon sometimes as UFO, but this one here really hits my nerve ....

Luke
1st December 2010, 10:06
move along! nothing important here, it all have been solved .. move along!
--
Ok some "UFO" are ball lightnings. Many other are mis-labelled airplanes, flares and stuff, after all it means object was unidentified by observer, but even most rigorous scientist cannot attribute about 5% of sightings to known phenomenon.

--=-
Orion: guess the swear-word detector got your image..

morguana
1st December 2010, 11:25
ufo means unidentified flying object........so unless a person can positivly identify an object flying it will be a ufo by default,
on the same note an 'alian' craft if identified as such then is not a ufo, ball lightning if not identified then is a ufo.
m

thank you jahbless, i found the artical you posted very interesting to read, just goes to show that we have wonders in nature that have still not been understood.

Some UFO sightings could be explained by ball lightning and other atmospheric phenomena, claims Australian astrophysicist Stephen Hughes.

He described Dr Hughes' work as "relatively feasible" and something which made "interesting connections".

"There's a long way to go before everyone will be happy and satisfied that we have a full solution," he told BBC News.

Dr Hughes said his publication in Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical and Physical Sciences was intended to start a debate.

"It's not a vigorous theory; it's more a suggestion that may be worth exploring," he said.

norman
1st December 2010, 13:34
ufo means unidentified flying object........so unless a person can positivly identify an object flying it will be a ufo by default.....

But is it FLYING?:p

The BBC has to be better understood. Whenever I have a listen to Radio 4 and catch them making any reference to 'climate changes' I instantly check my feet to see if I've still got my shoes on because I'm aware that many "temples" don't allow shoes.

Their position on climate change is an absolute reverence for CARBON COUNTING and do-goodisms that look towards tweaks and limitations.

Luke
1st December 2010, 14:24
Their position on climate change is an absolute reverence for CARBON COUNTING and do-goodisms that look towards tweaks and limitations.
That would be because they are an agency of state, last time I checked, and as such they are tool of control.
And there is nothing more dangerous for control system than things "unidentified", as it suggests that there are thing outside realm of control . :)

neptuneforce
2nd December 2010, 05:38
back at a airforce base in the south-west the greys came to me in a 'small ball of light' .... the worst part was the paralyzing eyes and sensation of wanting to scream but silence