PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming new members

Nasu
10th December 2015, 07:00
Remember when you first arrived at this wonderfull house party???

Remember being a little confused, a little lost???

Remember being welcomed? Isn't it nice to be welcomed? I would ask that members consider this simple request...

Once a week, or more, or less, you pop over to the "welcome new members" part and you welcome some new members. You don't have to like them all, only the ones you like. Like the ownership and administration it is a thankless task, however, it's our party too, it's nice to be welcomed, because it makes you feel welcome..

We've got a great party here, let's spare a tiny moment to look at the new faces as they walk through the gate... Maybe smile at them, if we like them..

......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.......... N

betoobig
10th December 2015, 10:39
Thanks, i do forget about it. You are right.
Much love

Citizen No2
10th December 2015, 12:32
Good shout Nasu.

I must admit that my manners have forsaken me.

Regards.

BlueHeron
10th December 2015, 12:45
When I first joined Avalon I was welcomed by Ron Mauer Snr. He came up as an "Avalon Greeter" and I received a message from him. At the time, I thought how lovely to have members acting as official greeters, and I sent him a message to say thank you for the info he sent me. It didn't occur to me to do what you're saying because there are official greeters. But its a really good idea and thank you for bringing it to our attention Nasu. Maybe others didn't think of this either :)

Sunny-side-up
10th December 2015, 13:05
Thanks for the reminder Nasu, it was/is great to be welcomed by greeters/members.
I haven't done that in a long time (Maybe a few times within a post)

My problem is time and the fact that every time I login there is always a mass of great and very interesting posts/info to look at, even backtracking to posts of the day before etc 0.o So much to do and see and then reply too hehe

So it is always my intent to greet new members I just get so sidetracked :)

Welcome to every one here, new and old, so glad for me and you that you have found a seriously great place to explore and expand/grow in! I really mean that :highfive:

Nasu
10th December 2015, 15:02
When I first joined Avalon I was welcomed by Ron Mauer Snr. He came up as an "Avalon Greeter" and I received a message from him. At the time, I thought how lovely to have members acting as official greeters, and I sent him a message to say thank you for the info he sent me. It didn't occur to me to do what you're saying because there are official greeters. But its a really good idea and thank you for bringing it to our attention Nasu. Maybe others didn't think of this either :)

Ron is great, he really is, as are the other official Avalon greeters, they do a great job. This is not instead of, but rather, as well as. Hope this clarifies my thought...x.... N

Shannon
10th December 2015, 19:22
Maybe we can ask new members to make an intro post ? On one forum that I used to frequent all new members made an intro thread where they introduced themselves and gave everyone a little info about what they're about and why they came to the forum. I think a thread would be overkill but a post would be cool.

Like ...

Hey everyone at project avalon! Im St. T, I have been involved with the supernatural, paranormal and alternative media since about 1997, when I was 18 and I first got involved in the scene by talking to a lovely woman named Ruth Montgomery who really gave me some wonderful inspiration and ideas that made me view our society and world in a totally different light. This was right about the same time I had my first OBE and it changed me forever. I knew right then that there was more to "reality".

I am not a contactee or experiencer persay, but I firmly believe that there are other worldly beings visiting our planet and have been for a very very long time. I love art, music, and reading...and I'm looking forward to contributing here and learning from all the amazing commenters at this fine forum.

Thank you!

I realize that the forum has something like this but I think making it mandatory will help and by asking members to say hello will keep a the community more tight and familiar with each other. :)

Stephanie
11th December 2015, 08:03
:welcome: To all new members, and our new greeter. :welcome:

:star: Congratulations dearest Nasu! :star:

"Green " is a wonderful colour for you.

RunningDeer
11th December 2015, 16:10
Welcome new members.
Thank you to all greeters
new and old.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Nasu_zpsop54vdob.jpg

RunningDeer
11th December 2015, 16:41
FYI: link to “Welcome to Avalon” page 320 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7225-Welcome-to-Avalon-&p=1028558#post1028558).

mojo
11th December 2015, 17:57
Great thread idea on integrating new members. We know they are important to the health of a community and wonder how to draw out their perspectives/experience more. We surely want them to feel accepted more and comfortable to tell their story. One person already contacted me about being a silent (their story) ET witness and imagine what information they might have to unlocking some questions. Or maybe an insider on technologies or some other science or subject matter.

Mike
11th December 2015, 19:18
Thanks for the link Paula!

Usually when I sign in I click on 'new posts' and begin avaloning from there. I don't recall having seen a welcome post in some time. Do they ever pop up there?

Shannon
11th December 2015, 19:35
I went to say hello to a new member and I was directed to a page that said I do not have access or permission to post there ...

I'm guessing it is only for new members to post on. Lol duh. It would be cool to be able to see the new members thread on the new posts that update

:(

betoobig
11th December 2015, 21:01
I am trying to every day i log in, first as a habit, go to welcome new members in the related thread. It would be nice to have in the Main menu an Straight acces to the thread. I think is simple task. I will appreciate, thanks.
Much love

RunningDeer
11th December 2015, 21:16
Thanks for the link Paula!

Usually when I sign in I click on 'new posts' and begin avaloning from there. I don't recall having seen a welcome post in some time. Do they ever pop up there?

This is a sure way from "How to Tips (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?66104-How-to-Tips-with-Visuals-for-Links-Quotes-Images-etc.)" - Post #22 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?66104-How-to-Tips-with-Visuals-for-Links-Quotes-Images-etc.&p=847929&viewfull=1#post847929).

One way to be current with members’ threads is to subscribe to them. It’ll automatically come up in your ‘news feed’.

How to subscribe in 2 steps:

Click on the drop down menu found at the top right called, “Thread Tools”. Then click “Subscribe to this Thread”.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Computer_Tips/thread_subscribe_zpsff3da898.jpg

Then click “Add Subscription”.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Computer_Tips/add_subscription_zpse67d2a71.jpg

How to check for the latest in your ‘news feed’ in 2 steps:

Click on, “Settings” found at the top right.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Computer_Tips/settings_zps812b043b.jpg

Here’s a sample of what comes up, “Message Board: Avalonians Request Our Help”.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Computer_Tips/sample_sites_zps4d35b53a.jpg

Now, if anyone has posted since the last time you checked the site, it’ll register in your “news feed”.

Nasu
11th December 2015, 21:23
I am very touched to be asked to be an official greeter, after posting this I could hardly say no! Thank you all, I will continue to do my best...xxxxx.... N

Deega
11th December 2015, 21:31
Nasu, congratulations on your volunteer assignment, great of you!

Greeting new members make them feel at ease and welcome in this great family of truth seekers, and this, I believe is crucial to discussion participation.

The best of experience to you!

Billy
11th December 2015, 22:05
Hi Nasu.

Congratulations and thank you for accepting, It is great to see you in green :clapping:

Thank you for all you do. :bowing:

ThePythonicCow
11th December 2015, 22:54
I went to say hello to a new member and I was directed to a page that said I do not have access or permission to post there ...

I'm guessing it is only for new members to post on. Lol duh. It would be cool to be able to see the new members thread on the new posts that update
I don't recall that we have any threads that are only for new members to post to. My guess is that someone posted an image on the page you tried to go to, and that image was actually located on another web server that required a password.

I try to remove such password locked material when I can find it.

However ... I can't figure out which page you were trying to go to, or when you tried to go there, or what page you were coming from, or any other such useful clues.

If you have any more details, such as where to, where from, when, ... that might help me track this password locked page down and fix it.

If not ... oh well :).

Thanks, either way!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I am trying to every day i log in, first as a habit, go to welcome new members in the related thread. It would be nice to have in the Main menu an Straight acces to the thread. I think is simple task. I will appreciate, thanks.
Much love

I use browser book marks for such things. That way each member can have their personal custom list of favoite places, and only those places that we expect many relatively new members to visit frequently, the leading entry points to the forum, go on the Main menu

Shannon
11th December 2015, 23:49

I don't recall that we have any threads that are only for new members to post to. My guess is that someone posted an image on the page you tried to go to, and that image was actually located on another web server that required a password.

I try to remove such password locked material when I can find it.

However ... I can't figure out which page you were trying to go to, or when you tried to go there, or what page you were coming from, or any other such useful clues.

If you have any more details, such as where to, where from, when, ... that might help me track this password locked page down and fix it.

If not ... oh well :).

Thanks, either way!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Much love

I use browser book marks for such things. That way each member can have their personal custom list of favoite places, and only those places that we expect many relatively new members to visit frequently, the leading entry points to the forum, go on the Main menu

This is what I get when I go to post on the "welcome to avalon" thread. Thank you :)
http://i66.tinypic.com/11bmb8w.jpg

ThePythonicCow
12th December 2015, 00:24
This is what I get when I go to post on the "welcome to avalon" thread. Thank you
Ah - that error - I guessed wrong and you were entirely right.

Just as you figured, the Welcome to Avalon thread only allows posts from brand new members.

Nevermind me :).

Mutchie
12th December 2015, 02:29
This is what I get when I go to post on the "welcome to avalon" thread. Thank you

Just as you figured, the Welcome to Avalon thread only allows posts from brand new members.

So does that mean i cannot WELCOME new members in that area Paul ...?

Thanks

ps - I thought Nasu's idea was a very good one ... I was going to try and make a point of saying hello.

Nasu
12th December 2015, 03:52

Thanks

ps - I thought Nasu's idea was a very good one ... I was going to try and make a point of saying hello.

You can only thank new members there, for the first post they write. I do like st T's idea of an introducing thread for new members too, it's a good idea, I wonder how many members join but then never post, maybe just shy??... N

Nasu
12th December 2015, 03:56
Also, can I just say how happy I was to pop over there to do some "liking" and see so many likes for these new members posts there are this week, it's nice, thank you, you lovely lot..xxx... N

RunningDeer
12th December 2015, 11:10
Solution for now:

You can’t post on the ‘Welcome to Avalon! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7225-Welcome-to-Avalon-&p=1028558&viewfull=1#post1028558)’ thread. But you can click on their name in the welcome thread, then on the drop down menu click on ‘View Profile’ to leave a note on their message board.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Computer_Tips/pharos_zpsylvv29pl.jpg

You can only thank new members there, for the first post they write.

Avalon thread only allows posts from brand new members.

I'm guessing it is only for new members to post on.

Star Tsar
12th December 2015, 13:56
After this past year on Avalon I have to add that some established members really ought to treat each other a little bit better aswell!
Mini rant over :focus:

Mutchie
14th December 2015, 07:33
I am very touched to be asked to be an official greeter, after posting this I could hardly say no! Thank you all, I will continue to do my best...xxxxx.... N

It is an Excellent idea and Nasu is a very friendly person....A Good match Good luck my friend .

Can you believe thats another years gone past already ??? it wasnt a good one financially for me

The Oil industry collapsed here at the start of Feb & it has never recovered finding work was a nightmare this year.

Anyway off topic.