PDA

View Full Version : New kind of schooling system: my question

Sunny-side-up
11th December 2015, 16:47
(Post one of two posts)

Would you attend and or agree to a new kind of schooling system that taught (Taught not Dictated) totally new:

Languages, Sciences (all), Technologies (all), Ways of Living/Concepts, Etc, Etc

and or add to our present system/s of schooling/teaching.

So would you sign up and attend or at least would you agree and think such new schools were beneficial, and so should be allowed!

Would you back the above?
What do you think?
What do you say to the above idea?

Atlas
11th December 2015, 17:31
Isaac Asimov - Self Learning
5U6xXqElj08
Sean Bengry - The revolution of self-directed learning
3L9qU7Y-oaA

6pounder
11th December 2015, 17:39
ofc! as the current aducation system across the world is a result of the earlier setup of making all of us robots and being efficiant to the industrial era i think a new system would be great.

Ahnung-quay
11th December 2015, 17:53
The whole high school system in the U.S. needs revamping. Many kids only go part - time because they're working part-time. If they can go part-time, why can't high school be completed in two or three years instead of four? Moving the freshmen to middle school didn't make the years go away.

waves
11th December 2015, 17:54
There's a forced need/opportunity right now that maybe could gain attention and momentum.

The recent passing of California's draconian law of forcing kids to be vaccinated for the 'right to get an education' going into effect next fall school year has the potential to totally backfire. Intelligent, informed parents are now being forced to organize. If a greatly improved, motivational and balanced alternate educational system that includes arts, critical thinking and practical life skills is created, the greatly improved results could become very obvious in time.

Atlas
11th December 2015, 18:12
Schools are obsolete:
tqw-Q-nCucg

Sunny-side-up
11th December 2015, 19:13
So that's a Yes from all so far ;)

It's a yes from me as well BTW

Tyy1907
11th December 2015, 20:41
Needs revampment at the least.

betoobig
11th December 2015, 21:32
This we created last year for our kids, it says it all.
WLjNj7XR-uw
My kids asked my last year in Xmas, when the school starts againg?.... No mention about when Santa was coming...
But my dream is home schooling, either way many legal issues, right now we are alegal, no ilegal, that means ere is not a law to regulate our status, so we can't homologate with the legal academics titles.
In-joy it.
Much love

Violet
11th December 2015, 21:34
Light blue, in line
(Post one of two posts)

Would you attend and or agree to a new kind of schooling system that taught (Taught not Dictated) totally new:

I would at least be interested. If I was under-aged, however, then no, my parents would not let me attend a school that deviates too much from what is established.

Languages, Sciences (all), Technologies (all), Ways of Living/Concepts, Etc, Etc

But how will we possibly learn all technologies and all sciences? In these days where developments - unlike the old days of homo universalis - are made by the minute instead of by the decade.

So would you sign up and attend or at least would you agree and think such new schools were beneficial, and so should be allowed!

What do you think?

If this proposal is worked out thoroughly, yes. Not everything needs to be totally new. Not everything we currently have is useless. We need to look at the education system as it currently is and correlate this to independent scientific research in the health field as well as social developments and economy.

Children grow up in different family structures now, in different societies, the labour market has more and precise requirements and jobs children can choose from have multiplied. Choice in general has multiplied for both children and adults, and even they sometimes get in trouble with that.

Furthermore, these changes have led to insecurities in children that receive little to no attention within the school walls.

This preliminary research should provide us with keys as to what is useful to have and keep in today's world. The rest, I propose, should be archived, not deleted, not dismissed. Sometimes, things change.

So, if things get revamped, I do hope it will be made to the measure of the kids at present, and in such a manner that they, when they grow up, don't fail to see it is time for updates to the future's children's needs.

betoobig
11th December 2015, 21:40
Education is the best way to break the chain.
Love

¤=[Post Update]=¤

May be too late for us but not for them, we worry about what world we are leaving for them.... Worry about what education they recive... Educating free people, as simple as that.
More love

Sunny-side-up
12th December 2015, 13:46
Hi all and thx for the great reply's.

Hi Violet , nice and deeply thought over rply by you. just pointing out i did add the bit, in bold below:

I think I've seen enough so far, I can probably post the follow on 'Part two' now.

Here is link to Part/Post 2
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?87487-Part-post-2-of-2-New-kind-of-schooling-system-my-question&p=1028900#post1028900

Hope you will participate.

FinallyNow
12th December 2015, 15:01
Yes yes, bring it on I say. Here's a teacher that has become famous for suggesting similar "radical" things about education.

96tEE8XoC0c

YQiW_l848t8

Ahnung-quay
12th December 2015, 16:05
I think what is also needed is a basic overhaul of the emotional structure of education. Every child should be recognized for their individual gifts and talents. As it is now, good test takers are the only ones that get promoted; the others are demoted and made to feel "less than".
The teaching of emotional intelligence needs to be part of the program.

My six year old granddaughter is now being home schooled. My daughter pulled her out of school due an issue with the other kids being allowed to bully her and ostracize her. She became anxious and unhappy. The teacher was actually supporting the bullying behavior although I don't think she had a clue that she was. Other people such as the playground attendant saw it and fully understood why my daughter pulled her out of school.

Remember this is first grade. Competition and exclusiveness start early depending upon the teacher.

My daughter also had an issue with the teachers not knowing what they should know academically. The health teacher asked my daughter what an adenoid is. These are the people we are entrusting our children to seven hours per day.

I have another granddaughter who is being raised by her father. She would like to home schooled too. Unfortunately, being a single parent and not independently wealthy, he doesn't have that option right now.

Love-respect-trust. Those are the basics.

Deega
12th December 2015, 16:44
(Post one of two posts)

What do you think?

Sunny-Side-Up, for some reason, I didn't noticed your tread as of today, a pleasure to leave a few comments.

A new pedagogy for the kids to learn in pleasure, to learn being creative, to learn to love others as they do unto themselves, to learn new technologies for the betterment of mankind, not the technologies of war, to learn that Natural Ressources generate energy indispensable for our living, to learn that Nature is indispensable for life, to learn what is spirituality (not religion), to learn that we are soul/spirit, to learn.... Yes, I would of love to be in such a learning process.

I think it's a great idea, but don't stray into something that a lot of PhD have been paid by government over the years to try find the right pedagogy to prepare kids in becoming workers, professional, technicians, others., a lot of Models were tried over the years.

And it bring other questions, what would be the goal in setting up the pedagogy, what would be the objectives, how would that be measure, who would be involved in designing this? Would it be in line with the actual paradym or a new one. And if a new one, what would he look like?

A lot of questions left to answer.

Violet
14th December 2015, 20:13
I have another one, to do with home schooling.

With no objective supervisor and absolute autonomy in the hands of the parents, some children risk being "programmed" from the other perspective (as opposed to the school's). I use the word "program" here not as a judgment of the content/values/skills presented to the child but to highlight the non-voluntary character of their presentation in the learning process.

Who will assess the full independence of the child during its learning process; coming to its own inspiration, choices and conclusions?