PDA

View Full Version : Things are getting really really weird.....

astrid
2nd December 2010, 11:06
Well... this might be just my personal observation, BUT i have been noticing things getting very very weird....

a few examples... ( number one)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334400/Female-staff-Norway-ordered-wear-red-bracelets-period.html

A boss in Norway has ordered all female staff to wear red bracelets during their periods - to explain why they are using the toilet more often.

The astonishing demand was revealed in report by a workers' union into 'tyrannical' toilet rules in Norwegian companies.

The study claimed businesses were becoming obsessed with lost productivity due to employees spending too much time answering the call of nature. It found 66 per cent of managers made staff ask them for an electronic key card to gain access to the toilets so they could monitor breaks.

Toilets in one in three companies were placed under video-surveillance, while other firms made staff sign a toilet 'visitors book', the report by the Parat union said.

It added: 'But the most extreme action was taken by one manager who made women having their period wear a red bracelet to justify more frequent trips to the loo.

'Women quite justifiably feel humiliated by being tagged in this way, so that all their colleagues are aware of this intimate detail of their private life.'

morguana
2nd December 2010, 11:17
That is absolutely an outrage!!!! next sentence is beeped out for profanity ******* ***** ********* etc etc
I'm surprised the work force hasn't taken this futher, talk about anal retentive managers!!!!
I'd be so tempted to leave a wee prezzy on their desk.....ggggrrrrr

astrid
2nd December 2010, 11:18
Number two
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21661718/
Girl, 13, gets detention for hugging two friends

MASCOUTAH, Ill. — Two hugs equals two days of detention for 13-year-old Megan Coulter.

The eighth-grader was punished for violating a school policy banning public displays of affection when she hugged two friends Friday.

“I feel it is crazy,” said Megan, who was to serve her second detention Tuesday after classes at Mascoutah Middle School.

“I was just giving them a hug goodbye for the weekend,” she said.

Megan’s mother, Melissa Coulter, said the embraces weren’t even real hugs — just an arm around the shoulder and slight squeeze.

“It’s hilarious to the point of ridicule,” Coulter said. “I’m still dumbfounded that she’s having to do this.”

District Superintendent Sam McGowen said that he thinks the penalty is fair and that administrators in the school east of St. Louis were following policy in the student handbook.

It states: “Displays of affection should not occur on the school campus at any time. It is in poor taste, reflects poor judgment, and brings discredit to the school and to the persons involved.”

Parents urge change in policy
Coulter said she and her husband told their daughter to go ahead and serve her detentions
because the only other option was a day of suspension for each skipped detention.

“We don’t agree with it, but I certainly don’t want her to get in more trouble,” Coulter said.

The couple plan to attend the next school board meeting to ask board members to consider rewording the policy or be more specific in what is considered a display of affection.

“I’m just hoping the school board will open their eyes and just realize that maybe they shouldn’t be punishing us for hugs,” Megan said.

.. the sad (and disturbing) thing about this is, not only the rules.. but sadder still that the parents saw NO other options but for the girl to go to detention....

( looking for icon for banging head on desk)

morguana
2nd December 2010, 11:21
Totally ridiculous, what on earth is going on?
Keep up this thread astrid it's issues such as these here that people need to be aware of
m

Elandiel BernElve
2nd December 2010, 11:28
What the * u * k ?!

No other words than that, I'm honestly sorry

Luke
2nd December 2010, 12:24
Control, Control, Control!

As for manegers and stuff : during my (short) work for municipal architecture bureau, I noticed a pattern in such "inventions" : new stuff from "managers" always started popping in after EU sponsored "conferences"

It doesn't really matters if something makes sense or not: in bureaucratic world things that matter are : (1) never allow a failure to be pinned on you (aka bureaucratic aikido) (2) Never work against a trend

The conferences and the like allows bureaucrats to "consolidate" their efforts and match their behaviour to a trend. If the trend is brainless or not - doesn't matter- you do not want to be caught not following it, as the ones that will evaluate you were on same conference.

This actually cuts to things like Davos or Bilderberg - those are places where trends are set.. and then they are transferred down the pyramid.
This actually leads to stand alone complex of sorts : there are no hard guidelines and signed pledges .. but there is trend and for the people that supervise and control your life- that is all that matters, even more than such frivolities as "law".

Snowbird
2nd December 2010, 12:45
These types of things are simply tests to determine just how far the controllers can control before the public no longer allows their control.

If my manager insisted that I wear a red band on my wrist during the menstrual cycle, I would wear a used (you know what) on my wrist and might possibly slip one into the manager's mail slot. This is solely so that he understands that you know what is active. I wouldn't want him to go through his day without that extremely personal information being forced from me.

Nazi Germany revisited.

xbusymom
2nd December 2010, 18:08
These types of things are simply tests to determine just how far the controllers can control before the public no longer allows their control.

If my manager insisted that I wear a red band on my wrist during the menstrual cycle, I would wear a used (you know what) on my wrist and might possibly slip one into the manager's mail slot. This is solely so that he understands that you know what is active. I wouldn't want him to go through his day without that extremely personal information being forced from me.

Nazi Germany revisited.

I would probably wear one ( their regular one) all the time... so then they would not know if I was or not, and I would get to have a break whenever I wanted to .:eyebrows:

MorningSong
2nd December 2010, 18:34
Xbusymom, That is the Best idea yet!!! Love it! :p

shadowstalker
2nd December 2010, 19:35
“Displays of affection should not occur on the school campus at any time. It is in poor taste, reflects poor judgment, and brings discredit to the school and to the persons involved.”

The school is in poor judgment,
A lot of schools are doing this, and claim that jealousy may trigger fights.

It's just another means to keep people from exchanging love towards one another in the open.
Automaton ruling.
Another step in the future of creating the idea that love is not needed, just worker bees for the machines.
No doubt soon in the near future they will state that emotions are a mental disease, and drug us from birth.

A man who dares to feel finds his life in danger in this cautionary science fiction drama. In the future, after a Third World War has decimated much of the Earth's population, a new nation known as Libria rises up under the unquestioned leadership of Dupont (Angus MacFadyen). Believing human emotions and their expression were to blame for the failings of past societies, The Father has decreed that all citizens must take a daily dose of Prozia II, a drug which levels out the emotional landscape, and that all forms of creative expression are against the law; violating either regulation can be punished by death. John Preston (Christian Bale) is a Grammaton, an elite law enforcement officer who tracks down and punishes "sense offenders." One day, Preston accidentally fails to take his Prozia II, and for the first time begins experiencing emotions himself. Preston becomes aware of an underground of rebels who refuse to take their medication and have embraced art and literature, and he finds himself becoming infatuated with one of their number, Mary O'Brian (Emily Watson). Equilibrium is the second feature-length directorial effort from Kurt Wimmer, whose screenwriting credits include The Thomas Crown Affair and Sphere. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi

Equilibrium
http://www.answers.com/topic/equilibrium-film-1

As for the red bands?
WOW REALLY!?!?
I don't think even I would want to know if one of my co-workers was in that time of them month

Ross
2nd December 2010, 20:48
I posted this on another thread some while back:

A day at school:

12 year old School girl, warned of 'suspension' if caught again for hugging her girlfriend...was told to take 10mins time out.

Congregation of more than 3 person: not allowed

Kartwheels, handstands, headstands, and similair: not allowed

Lunchbox examined by teacher and 'milo' snack bar: not allowed

wtf is with that? sorry... but facisiam is alive and well here in Queensland, AU.

Ross

astrid
2nd December 2010, 21:49
Wow Ross.... yeah, if people dont believe that we are in prison here , look no further......

OKies.... number 3, we cant leave out the current TSA insanity here.

I thought this video laid out very well the facts, and why this has NOTHING to do with security and EVERYTHING to do with control.....

Real Airport Security

nMlDVLlAEUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMlDVLlAEUU

JamesB
2nd December 2010, 22:16
talk about anal retentive...

Wait. Don't give them any more ideas! :rolleyes:

Teakai
2nd December 2010, 22:35
Came across this today and thought it would suit this thread:

Teacher Bans Pencils from Class, Cited Potential 'Weapon Making'
Matt Ryan

In another example of children being considered potential terrorists, a Massachusetts teacher sent home a note to each parent of her sixth-grade class banning all pencils and pens from school including the student’s person, backpack, and on the bus citing that they could be used in “weapon making”.

The letter read:

students would no longer be allowed to bring writing implements to school. It said pencils would be provided for students in class and any students caught with pencils or pens after Nov. 15 would face disciplinary action for having materials "to build weapons."

After receiving several calls from the media, the school district quickly retracted the ban, stating that the teacher sent the notice on their own authority without prior approval of the school board.

This woman has children in her care.
:loco:

astrid
2nd December 2010, 22:54
from the above posted article....

A 7-year-old was expelled for over a year after a teacher found a toy gun in his backpack. The toy never left his bag, and wasn’t used in any threatening manor. The school board determined that the young boy should have to risk repeating the second grade as a just punishment for bringing a toy with him to school.

If that wasn’t crazy enough, a student was nearly expelled over a 2-inch Lego gun made for a policeman figure. The Staten Island student was playing with Legos during his lunch period when a teacher spotted a tiny toy gun no bigger than a quarter. This landed him in big trouble resulting in threatened suspension and even expulsion.

Banshee
2nd December 2010, 22:56

Ross
2nd December 2010, 23:07
So I have to ask Ross, and sadly I do not know ( very ashamed ) do you have constitutional right of assembly? Of course, that probably wouldn't apply to schoolchildren.... I am often sad that I don't have children, but in many ways grateful that I am not bringing another person onto the planet to witness the atrocities. Life is just not supposed to be like this.

It seems not so, in 'some' schools---- "do you have constitutional right of assembly".

I struggle at times with the task of keeping my kids awake to the ways of the 'world' and now that I'm a grandude, its even more difficult to contemplate 'her' future...

All I can do is guide them and try to facilitate a loving and grounded approach, and, mostly I work on trying to get them to understand how 'energy' works.

Its a toughie....

Ross

astrid
2nd December 2010, 23:52
number 4
i just checked the seismic situation today , and SERIOUSLY , SOMETHING BIG IS GOING ON....

http://aslwww.cr.usgs.gov/Seismic_Data/heli2_us.shtml

the whole earth is shaking, BIG TIME....

(one image missing as could only post 5)

astrid
3rd December 2010, 03:02
Bumping this so fellow Avalonians can see the party the earth is having right now...
( just worked out how to attach things)....

oh and this was the last image, previous post only let me post 5...

(i will watch out for the ones that are offline and re-post if the come back up, but im VERY curious as to why those 5 are offline, and have been for some time now)

out of interest off line stations are :

US/COWI, Conover, Wisconsin, USA
US/LONY, Lake Ozonia, New York, USA
US/LTX, Lajitas, Texas, USA
US/TPNV, Topopah Spring, Nevada, USA
US/TZTN, Tazewell, Tennessee, USA

obviously that is those are the US sites, here is a global look.. same story....

http://aslwww.cr.usgs.gov/Seismic_Data/heli2.shtml

update... all quiet now, interesting too as i had a headache and felt pretty crappy all day , now i feel fine... a connection... who knows, certainly possible..

Humble Janitor
3rd December 2010, 04:52

Nazi Germany revisited.

In that case, these actions call for open defiance.

It's really that simple.

They will see that they cannot control massive amounts of people hugging or using the restrooms at the same time without resorting to dangerous measures. They will shoot themselves in the foot if they choose that path and the people will prevail.

xbusymom
3rd December 2010, 05:54
As for the red bands?
WOW REALLY!?!?
I don't think even I would want to know if one of my co-workers was in that time of them month

hey shadow, give em to the guys too, that way it keeps everyone guessing... hahahaha:rolleyes:

xbusymom
3rd December 2010, 06:06
After receiving several calls from the media, the school district quickly retracted the ban, stating that the teacher sent the notice on their own authority without prior approval of the school board.

I think maybe the teacher was a scapegoat; their test case...
if it was really a rouge teacher, the school staff would have simply explained about the problem teacher to the parents that called in... - yes?? - so no big fuss...

so how could the district retract a ban that it didn't exist?? and why does it take complaining to the media to get something done?

shadowstalker
3rd December 2010, 19:33
hey shadow, give em to the guys too, that way it keeps everyone guessing... hahahaha:rolleyes:

With some guys you would think the where on their monthly. ,,,,LOL

yiolas
3rd December 2010, 20:13
I would probably wear one ( their regular one) all the time... so then they would not know if I was or not, and I would get to have a break whenever I wanted to .:eyebrows:

Where would we all be without xbusymom's around ? That's a great idea !

In fact we should all start wearing red bracelets all the time to demonstrate our solidarity !

Rocky_Shorz
3rd December 2010, 21:03
first trying to stir up a war in the Koreas and what suddenly appears...

a human case of Bird Flu...

A 59-year-old local woman was found to have contracted H5N1 avian flu virus after visiting the mainland last month, Hong Kong Secretary for Food and Health York Chow said Wednesday. Speaking at a press briefing Wednesday evening, Chow said the patient went to the mainland on Oct. 23 where she visited places including Shanghai, Hangzhou and Nanjing. She developed flu symptoms such as cough and fever on Nov. 2, one day after returning to Hong Kong, and was later admitted to Tun Mun Hospital. Chow said since the patient, who is now in a serious condition, had been to wet markets in the mainland, he believed that the contraction was probably happened outside Hong Kong. But he did not rule out the possibility that it was a local case. The Serious Response Level under the government's Preparedness Plan for Influenza Pandemic is activated, said the city's health chief, adding that the government will submit the case to the World Health Organization and various departments will call on a conference on Nov. 18...

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read.php?cid=28550

shadowstalker
3rd December 2010, 21:50
first trying to stir up a war in the Koreas and what suddenly appears...

a human case of Bird Flu...

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read.php?cid=28550

Not surprised, if they can't scare us with war, they will scare us some other way.
But i have my MMS

MargueriteBee
3rd December 2010, 23:06
Teaching children that displays of affection are incorrect is SO 1984.

onawah
6th December 2010, 06:40
I had a very detailed, lucid, technicolor dream once that really blew my mind. It was in the near future, and I was the single mom of a couple of school kids. They came home one day and said that the school had issued all of the kids hand guns so they could protect themselves from any threats. It took a minute to sink in, but as soon as it did, I started calling other parents and found myself becoming part of a sort of survivalist movement, and fleeing with my kids to live in a survivalist community in the woods. They weren't nutcase survivalists though, they were right on. It quickly became a widespread international movement, but I woke up before I got to see the final outcome.

This kind of reported weirdness in this thread makes me want more and more widespread, full Disclosure to take place, because though it may scare a lot of people, I think they would be better off scared by the ET presence than screwed up by these invented phantasms that are turning our world into a real 1984 kind of scenario...

I can't help but wish the ETs WOULD park their motherships over some of the major cities and make their presence undeniable. At least so many people wouldn't be experiencing what feels to me like a slow decline into numbing mindlessness...
I suppose some would think that would be very threatening, but I am convinced that it's mostly the positively oriented ETs who are hanging around Earth now and have the upper hand, so I feel it would be a good thing, and would really wake people up.
Most likely that's too much to wish for, but I do think they are helping behind the scenes, in any case.

jcocks
6th December 2010, 07:26
I agree with yhour sentiments, but I'm not sure when it will happen. I think they want to be very careful that they're not seen as our saviours. We have far too much of a tendancy to give our power away to others rather than learning to accept and utilise it oursleves.

onawah
6th December 2010, 18:35
Yes, but for those of us who are already wise to what is going on, who we are, who they are, etc. it would be so wonderful to finally see all that has been hidden out in the open!

Koyaanisqatsi
6th December 2010, 18:45
Haha, we used to look at Sweden as such a socially advanced society......this is pretty offensive and absurd! Certainly, whoever the boss is with the red bracelets, he would've been fired on the spot in America and rightfully so. It would definitely make CNN.