PDA

View Full Version : Are you prepared entering 2016?

mojo
30th December 2015, 05:59
Hoping this post is just a test about personal/family preparedness. It would be wonderful if 2016 will be peaceful yet feel that it is wise to take precautions. Planning for natural, economic or other conflict/emergencies is one step in helping ourselves or others and one we can all take. Hope we can assess where we as a group stand when we usually are more informed, awake and aware then the mainstream. Please cast your choice, are you prepared for what 2016 holds?

Isserley
30th December 2015, 07:38
Preparations for disasters are invocation of disasters because our thoughts can effortlessly become our destiny. I do not want to live in fear and by that evoke bad fate..
Yet another year in a row without any special significance.. It's the only thing I know that 2016 holds for me

ghostrider
30th December 2015, 16:37
Preparations for disasters are invocation of disasters because our thoughts can effortlessly become our destiny. I do not want to live in fear and by that evoke bad fate..
Yet another year in a row without any special significance.. It's the only thing I know that 2016 holds for me

Very well said, the only factor we can't account for is cosmic events, creations agenda ... Our thoughts are connected to our fate, the might of the thoughts must be realized... Above everything else one learns imo ...

Search
30th December 2015, 22:08
Just to be clear...if one has everything fall apart...is on a negative timeline and is having loads of crap heaped upon them...how does one fix their situation? What if they were RFID chipped and had things spiral out of control? Then what?
- they are reporting on msn that the poles will melt soon. So we just don't believe it?

East Sun
30th December 2015, 23:21
If Americans or others line up to be micro-chipped like sheep I will say, we got what we deserve. Are we dumbed down
that far?
Time to say NO! NO vaccines....No flu shots....No, no, no..........No genocide....

mojo
31st December 2015, 00:23
Preparations for disasters are invocation of disasters

..agree with having a right mental attitude but to not prepare to me personally is akin to hiding one's head in the sand and pretending any bad things will go away because I didn't plan for it. If something bad happens good luck winging it and usually means you become a burden to someone else. Would like to think I might be able to help my neighbor by planning ahead.

Isserley
31st December 2015, 07:24
So far I have learned to cope with seemingly negative and unexpected life situations, in moments when they get me around. Not before nor after..
It is life, it will always surprise you in one way or another. You cannot really be prepared.
The point is that we should live now without excessive sweating about something that potentially does not have to play out.
The theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability describes intelligence as "the unique propensity of human beings to change or modify the structure of their cognitive functioning to adapt to the changing demands of a life situation."
Humans are very adaptable, and will always manage somehow in all that befalls them. For that reason I do not worry too much.

TargeT
31st December 2015, 14:07
My "preparations" are all practical... & honestly things that most people should be doing:

becoming as self sufficient and personally responsible as possible.... this means being able to take care of (hierarchy of needs) at LEAST yourself & being able to do that ( "disaster" or not) will be highly beneficial.

Plan for food & water; start a garden, even if nothing happens you'll have fresh veggies and herbs having a week or so of food (minimum) in your house is advisable, store water or find a source for it

Ensure you have shelter; if you live in a city maybe somewhere out side of the city, make sure the shelter you are in already is not in need of repair etc

Plan for a lack of power; solar, generator back up, gravity powered light, hand pump for your well, water storage if you have no well.... lots of things to think about here..

Security; this means something different for everyone, just make sure you can sleep soundly at night (I have dogs ;) haha)

all of this can be done in a way that no matter what happens you still benefit & it should not set you back at all.

bettye198
5th January 2016, 20:55
I have great admiration for those living in semi harsh environments that have learned from childhood how to prepare. But have pity and compassion on some of us who have lived the easier life in California or maybe Hawaii. We have no clue what it is like to be in survival mode. I watch shows where Alaskans are constantly preparing for winter or in the areas where it floods. We never were exposed to that. EQ ? 1971 and 1994. That really is it for Southern California. Now, we are experiencing beyond hot summers and beyond cold ( for us ) winters and this week the beginning of stormy rains. Should it stop a freeway or create a blackout we would be beside ourselves. I believe those in remote areas know how to have generators at their ready and supplies. When you live in a small environment, you just have so much room to store food or water. Any suggestions are welcomed.

mojo
5th January 2016, 22:29
Should it stop a freeway or create a blackout we would be beside ourselves

Hi bettye198, appreciate your sharing and thinking of potential risks that you might be able to mitigate by looking/planning ahead. That's IMO what being prepared does, it provides a little comfort or at least a game plan for natural or man-made catastrophes/disasters that might arise. Just having a store of rations for say 3 days will benefit when the stores will run out quickly. Or fresh water or purifying system, some form of camp stove flashlights sleeping bag ie. the basics camping supplies would be great. I recall the prepper shows where people went deep into preparations but maybe not always necessary although just by having some provisions will give you freedom and you might be able to help another that isn't so prepared. Best wishes