PDA

View Full Version : Strange Hole-Punch Cloud Seen In Sacramento

astrid
3rd December 2010, 02:23
http://www.kcra.com/weather/25977668/detail.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The odd cloud formation spotted in the Sacramento area Wednesday is informally known as a hole-punch cloud, KCRA 3 chief meteorologist Mark Finan said.
Strange Hole-Punch Cloud Seen In Sacramento
KCRA 3 Meteorologist Offers Explanation

POSTED: 3:22 pm PST December 1, 2010
UPDATED: 7:31 am PST December 2, 2010
[EMAIL: Strange Hole-Punch Cloud Seen In Sacramento] Email [PRINT: Strange Hole-Punch Cloud Seen In Sacramento] Print
[COMMENTS: Strange Hole-Punch Cloud Seen In Sacramento] Comments
(12)
Bookmark and Share
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The odd cloud formation spotted in the Sacramento area Wednesday is informally known as a hole-punch cloud, KCRA 3 chief meteorologist Mark Finan said.

Finan said a deck of altocumulus clouds was passing over the area.

Finan added that the clouds are made up of supercooled water droplets. That is, the water is colder that 32 degrees.

The hole in the clouds was caused by the water droplets turning into ice crystals.

What most likely happened was a plane flew through the deck of clouds, causing enough of a disturbance to upset the balance. The ice crystals fell out of the cloud deck, taking on the appearance of virga.

Virga is rain that falls but evaporates before it hits the ground.

(slide show of images in above link)

Carmody
3rd December 2010, 03:16
WHOA!!!

That is very anomalous!

That looks like a vortex formed around an energy beam. The beam axis or surrounding space creates the channel for the vortex to form. The air is both charged and thermal.

That to me is possibly proof of a beam weapon being fired. either seismic, Tesla type scalar, microwave, or even a scanning beam. Possibly satellite based.

The explanation is interesting. However, I come from place that has similar (does not mean the same) types of cloud-cover on a daily basis, for months at a time. I've never seen an atmospheric formation like that , in my entire life. I just looked on the net for a hole punch cloud with that perfect of an undisturbed vortex, and I can't find one. Which is why I cry wolf and say "Energy beam!" and not 'airplane'.

This is the kind of vortex I imagine that forms when I pull lighting down in a storm. For some of you that just threw my entire argument out the window (he's mad, dearies!). :p (whoops!)

something for those who think I'm crazy:

http://www.theclerics.com/images/Middle%20Finger%20Cloud.jpg

Of course, NOW I go to the link and find that, no..this shot posted is just one of 94. And the shot chosen shows it in the best position possible with regard for the opportunity to make a judgment call on it seeming like the residual formed when an energy beam cuts through a cloud layer. Oh well!

I'd retract my earlier posting, but that would be a lie, so I'll leave it as it is.

Ahkenaten
3rd December 2010, 07:30
Carmody what a riot! The photo of the cloud on the posting #2 in this thread looks like someone flipping us the bird, or is that just me reading into things?