PDA

View Full Version : 10 Signs you've bought 'Spin'

enfoldedblue
31st January 2016, 20:08
I thought I'd share my latest article here as the topic is relevant... (though basic) (ps the video links will probably only work on the original page which is linked at the end of the post :)

We live in a world with an incredible imbalance of power. Whether you believe in ‘conspiracies’ or not, there is no doubt that a tiny fraction of the world population has the means to manipulate and sway public opinion in order to maintain a paradigm that promotes and maintains their ability to control and profit off the masses. Common sense would dictate that any group who had the wherewithal to successfully claw their way into a top position would naturally invest heavily in ensuring their interests were protected. As increasing corruption is exposed in so many areas of society, we would be naive to think collusion wasn’t happening at the highest levels as well.

For instance… Recently a German journalist, Udo Ulfkotte, came forward to expose how he and, according to his claims, many other journalists were coerced into not only slanting their stories in order to sway public opinion, but to sign their own names to articles that were written by CIA staff as a means to garner support for war. (see video.)

A retired U.S. Army Colonel, Lawrence Wilkerson, who worked as national security advisor to the Reagan administration and both Bush administrations, recently shared about what he perceives as the corruption inside the establishment and how corporate interests are driving foreign policy. (see video.)

Another respected journalist Sharyl Attkisson, came forward recently in a TED Talk to demonstrate how ‘astroturfing’, or fake grassroots movements funded by political, corporate, or other special interests very effectively manipulate and warp media messages. (see video.)

The more we look into it, the clearer it becomes that mainstream wisdom is not as benign, logical, sound or reasonable as it initially appears. Propaganda today is so highly sophisticated, outrageously pervasive, and incredibly subtle and cunning, that it can be difficult not to fall prey to its influences.

But, when we make a conscious decision to stop relinquishing our power to those who want to use it against us, we cease being pawns in the old paradigm game and step into autonomous, self-directed, empowering roles. The key is being aware of where we place our attention and focus. Do we place it on the many low frequency distractions that dance hypnotically around us, or do we consciously focus on raising our frequency and nurturing that which we want to see flourish?

Here are some beliefs that you may hold that would suggest you might not have been discerning enough in your evaluation of mainstream information.
more (http://wakeup-world.com/2016/01/31/10-signs-youve-bought-spin/)

Matt P
31st January 2016, 20:36
Nice article. I should be happy that I don't share a single one of your qualities of a person who has bought the mainstream propaganda... but then it sucks to be so alone (except when I come here) and to be considered a crazy nut job conspiracy theorist! ;)

Matt

enfoldedblue
31st January 2016, 20:58
Nice article. I should be happy that I don't share a single one of your qualities of a person who has bought the mainstream propaganda... but then it sucks to be so alone (except when I come here) and to be considered a crazy nut job conspiracy theorist! ;)

Matt
I know what you mean! I often struggle with the feeling of being caught between two worlds ...

Bluegreen
31st January 2016, 21:38

Matt
I know what you mean! I often struggle with the feeling of being caught between two worlds ...

Excluding the folks here, I know exactly five humans I can talk to about the way I see the world and my feelings about it
And two of them live in another country!

Thank you PA! :)

Ewan
31st January 2016, 23:38
I partially succumb to one of them, I'm prone to the odd pizza. Apart from that I'm in the clear. :) Nice article btw.

Ernie Nemeth
1st February 2016, 00:20
ditto the above sentiment

good to be among friends

sandy
1st February 2016, 01:16
Well is would be nice to be surrounded with like minded friends and family. However, when that happens we won't be needed anymore as our job will be done!!

Being the change, is why we are here IMHO :).....love you dear siblings.......you are not alone even tho' it feels like it at times. :highfive:

enfoldedblue
1st February 2016, 21:54
Update:
Just wanted to share something I find interesting. On facebook in the comments the one are of these 10 signs that seems to be upsetting people most is the one about thinking that one country is better than another. I even got called a 'kook' for suggesting that anyone who believed their country was better than another may have internalised propaganda! I mean personally I think it is fine and great to love your country... but to really think it is better than all others seems a bit scary to me. Seems to be there are certainly more fortunate countries ... and it would seem each of those has their pros and cons.

BTW thanks for comments :) ...

Ernie Nemeth
8th February 2016, 19:52
I'm not sure if there ever was a concept of country or if it was always a means of tightening control over the growing masses. One thing is certain, today countries are nothing more than businesses set up by international corporations and banksters.

And back then there were reasons for countries, like ideology, religion or language. Today, countries are a hodgepodge of these, especially now with the migrant influx in Europe and elsewhere. What is a country now but an artificial line drawn on a map and agreed to by mega-wealthy interests behind closed doors.

Add to that the ultra-conservative fascist policies in most countries these days and you have something just short of world-wide dictatorial regimes masquerading as democracies; when they even bother to make excuses.

Peace of Mind
8th February 2016, 20:07
Turn off the tel-lie-vision! Take a sledge hammer to it and toss it into the recycle bin. You will definitely be doing yourself a favor.

Peace

enfoldedblue
8th February 2016, 21:01
Turn off the tel-lie-vision! Take a sledge hammer to it and toss it into the recycle bin. You will definitely be doing yourself a favor.

Peace

Agreed!! Here are two articles I wrote on subject:

TV Dumbing us Down (http://wakeup-world.com/2015/12/13/more-evidence-that-tv-is-dumbing-us-down/)

Cut the Cord
(http://wakeup-world.com/2015/09/08/tv-cutting-the-cord/)

Shannon
8th February 2016, 22:45
Thank you, Great articles.. very well written :)

Curiosity
9th February 2016, 19:36

Peace

Agreed!! Here are two articles I wrote on subject:

TV Dumbing us Down (http://wakeup-world.com/2015/12/13/more-evidence-that-tv-is-dumbing-us-down/)

Cut the Cord
(http://wakeup-world.com/2015/09/08/tv-cutting-the-cord/)

Great articles.
Wife and I cut the cord and I don't miss it a bit.

Bill Ryan
9th February 2016, 20:10
more (http://wakeup-world.com/2016/01/31/10-signs-youve-bought-spin/)

:bump:

Do read the whole thing. :)

Here's a super-condensed, elevator-speech version, expanded on in the article (http://wakeup-world.com/2016/01/31/10-signs-youve-bought-spin):

10 Signs You’ve Bought ‘Spin’:

You eat fast/processed food.
You think that mainstream media news is a reliable news source.
You covet designer items.
You base your definition of success on income level or possessions.
You are happy to drink fluoridated water.
You believe that pharmaceutical companies have our best interests at heart.
You believe your country is better than others.
You believe war is a necessary evil.
You think people who question mainstream assumptions are ‘crazy’.
You think all alternative healers are ‘quacks’.

Bluegreen
9th February 2016, 23:52
Super articles enfoldedblue
Good writing
Keep going

:)