PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Biggest Regret?

rgray222
3rd February 2016, 03:52
A chalkboard stood in the middle of New York City asking passersby to write down their biggest regrets. As the board filled up, we noticed that all of these responses had one alarming thing in common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R45HcYA8uRA

GMB1961
3rd February 2016, 04:00
My biggest regret is never telling my father about the two teachers who attacked and raped me of my innocence at school and subsequently screwed up my life , because when I did finally tell him at 52 years of age he said something in 4 words that made it a bit better to cope. "IT WASNT YOUR FAULT"
I hate those men that did the things they did to me with a passion to this day. I hope there is a special place in HELL for them and all the other wolves in sheep's clothing out there.
Sorry if this detracts from you posting, not my intention , just wanted to share my biggest regret is all.
Glenn

Caliban
3rd February 2016, 04:37
My biggest regret is never telling my father about the two teachers who attacked and raped me of my innocence at school and subsequently screwed up my life , because when I did finally tell him at 52 years of age he said something in 4 words that made it a bit better to cope. "IT WASNT YOUR FAULT"
I hate those men that did the things they did to me with a passion to this day. I hope there is a special place in HELL for them and all the other wolves in sheep's clothing out there.
Sorry if this detracts from you posting, not my intention , just wanted to share my biggest regret is all.
Glenn

I'm sorry brother that you had to go through such pain. And for so long. Yes, we often learn too late that what we're ashamed of others who love us will accept and help us with. See this as your time now of deep healing and transformation. You can do it. I believe in you.

bettye198
3rd February 2016, 05:22
I do believe there is a list of regrets we are haunted by and revisit. If I placed one at the top of the list, it would be not paying close attention to my health, exercising faithfully and avoiding all the foods that would contribute to a suppressed immune syndrome. Hindsight is always stronger than foresight. You can capture what you can, but when the damage is done, you weep for yourself.

OMG
3rd February 2016, 09:40
That I'm limited and less than the All Encompassing Totality of GOD and Beyond!

Is there any other "regret" worth considering...I think not...LOL

:)

apokalypse
3rd February 2016, 13:11
don't know but right now i have big regret is not move to out of current state long ago while my parent had a thought...had few of relative who cause headache, my household not that close with them due to lack of compassion and especially understanding...after grandfather died didn't attend any families parties. what's the point of being a "family" when they doesn't show compassion and understand? considered them as your families but all the stuff you told them turn into negative which will against you...for years since high school until now never spoke a word, they considered i'm quite but with negative energy i want to be that way.

just damn shocking how dirty those type of people are...in front of you they talked trashed and crap on your fellow relative but in front of that person considered are different acting really friendly and close.

the more i think about it the more hate religion CHristian...being religious go to church every sunday but totally lack of compassion, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME AND MY FAMILY. saw my relative kids growing up is shocking how wrong they are...always said busy with kids but they are old enough to do house work but instead they play games. my cousin who are over 20 right now never been in the kitchen once or work...in summaries she never face the reality in real world. You know traditional Asian parent's are, kids only study 24/7 and they doesn't face real world stuff.

the more i think about my relative in Australia the more i get depress...

regnak
3rd February 2016, 19:56
life is about experiences not regret :p

WhiteLove
3rd February 2016, 22:46
I'm not sure if I regret this but at least I am aware now how important it is to be your true natural self. Stuff having to do with the outside tends to compartmentalize your natural self so that you lose contact with your true natural self. So being real and learning to be more real and true every day and in every way, I think is what deals with "the biggest regret" very well.

DeDukshyn
3rd February 2016, 23:35
Not bad for an advert!

I have not fulfilled my dreams.
I have not affected the world in the way I am sure I was meant to and have the capability to,
I have not lived up to my natural talents,
I have not loved as much as I should have ...

yet ... I have no regrets, I have a journey :)
That which is disguised as a regret, when unveiled, for me is potentially a motivation.

I will not die with regrets, whether I do everything I wanted to do ... or not.

Sean
4th February 2016, 00:37
Well, I've been an actor for over 20 years now, and, after spending a huge chunk of that time in "hollywood"..

I regret not knocking more of these idiots the **** out, because, lord have mercy jesus, so many of them deserve it. :blackwidow:

Carmody
4th February 2016, 01:03
I've been listening to this song since yesterday. now I know why. (this thread was started yesterday)

Healing does not being until the wound is cleansed. First comes it's opening.

hHa-Y3MN46E

camper
4th February 2016, 01:59
I deeply regret picking up that first cigarette!!!

ghostrider
4th February 2016, 02:03
Regret is a product of fear ... you didn't follow your dream for fear of failure or whatever ... ive been a sonwriter since 17yrs old , got my first deal for one song at 18 , my songs have travelled across the ocean, you can hear them in shopping malls , elevators , commercials , I moved to Nashville twice but , I had more success doing it on my own ... release your fear be objective , and take the leap , its the greatest feeling in the world that no one can take from you ... even if you only go small time like me , at least you did it , no regrets ... if it has strings uncle GR can make it sound good ... 500 stations in Europe 40 percent played my stuff in regular rotation , they said that was good for a first timer, it was vindication for me, thanks to Gypsy heart Music out of Colorado Springs Colorado and Sunrise records California ... hint aroung 1983 alot of music sounded very familiar... been pirated so many times I dont renew my ASCAP membership any more ...

Craig
4th February 2016, 02:07
I would say biggest would be agreeing to come back down here and go through this again, everything else just stems from this biggest regret.

I would like more choice next time.

GMB1961
4th February 2016, 05:10
Thanks Claiban, my solicitor has found one of the guys, and he is still teaching, so god only knows what he has done since 1975 when he did it to me.
But I am getting help to be able to cope and would love to let this teacher know that I know where he is , what he has done ......and hunt him.
He was a predator at school and I think it would help me , what do you think?

Caliban
5th February 2016, 02:59
Thanks Claiban, my solicitor has found one of the guys, and he is still teaching, so god only knows what he has done since 1975 when he did it to me.
But I am getting help to be able to cope and would love to let this teacher know that I know where he is , what he has done ......and hunt him.
He was a predator at school and I think it would help me , what do you think?

Well, I would say definitely think out how you want to approach this. I don't know what you mean by "hunt" but I hope it's nothing drastic that could land you into trouble.

You mention getting help, so if that's with a therapist I think it'd be beneficial to discuss this with him/her. What actions would best help you to continue into healing so you could move on with your life? Would it be a one-on-one confrontation? Some kind of exposure of his actions to his superiors? Would this involve getting others to reveal possible harm done to them, as you say may have happened?

Again, what's best for you and the relief of that suffering seems the way ahead. Certainly your trusted guide(s) should be consulted. Best to you.

amor
5th February 2016, 05:14
If I answered that question this page would ignite.

Enola
5th February 2016, 13:56
Regret is a product of fear ... you didn't follow your dream for fear of failure or whatever ... ive been a sonwriter since 17yrs old , got my first deal for one song at 18 , my songs have travelled across the ocean, you can hear them in shopping malls , elevators , commercials

I won my school's poetry competition when I was 8. I regret that I haven't written poetry or songs.

ghostrider
5th February 2016, 17:58
You still can... If you can create art, do it , if you can build build it , we have today and no promise of tomorrow...

Spotted Horses
5th February 2016, 18:47
I have no regrets. The only thing I have ever said NEVER to is CAN'T.
We live in a dominant culture that teaches us we can't or shouldn't. I have always been blessed with a willingness to try even when the fear and self doubt raged.

Redstar Kachina
5th February 2016, 18:50