PDA

View Full Version : Reform the mainstream media......or abolish it

Twisted Flames
19th March 2016, 05:40
I strongly believe that our mainstream media here in North America is absolutely useless in every conceivable way, and I can bet that everyone here on Avalon will agree with me. Our media, time and time again, has failed miserably at informing the American people about what is really going on in the world. Our press is unique as it is strictly protected by the constitution, yet it is so dumbed down and so unreliable that many Americans simply don't watch it.

The mainstream media didn't inform the us that Saddam Hussein was switching Iraq's oil sales in Euros, triggering the invasion of Iraq

The mainstream media didn't inform us about the gruesome bombing of Libya, which only occurred because Gaddafi of Libya was going to price his oil in a different currency

In the aftermath of the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, the mainstream media consistently played a repeat of "Lone Gunman, Lone Gunman" over and over again. They were not informing us, rather it was a hypnotic sales pitch, which a lot of Americans at the time didn't buy into.

The mainstream media never reported that the great depression of 1929 was largely the Federal Reserve's fault. The fed ran a very squeezing monetary policy which is why the depression was as severe as it was

The mainstream media never informed us of the true purpose of the Federal Reserve act, which was to turn over complete control of our finances to private bankers.

And the list goes on and on. Either reform the mainstream media or get rid of it entirely. Our media is a significant contributor of why so many Americans are oblivious to what really goes on in the world. Our dumbed down public school education system is a driver of that as well.

NeedleThreader
19th March 2016, 16:01
It's not as one dimensional as that. Follow the $

Kryztian
19th March 2016, 19:25
"Reforming" and "abolishing" are are acts for an authoritarian state to carry out, and guess what, the mainstream media is part of that authoritarian system. This is like asking a tyrannical dictator to pass a degree that would remove the tyrannical dictator from power. Ain't gonna happen that way!

Your analysis of all the sins of the media are right on the money, and if you really want to see the mainstream media shrivel up and die then you need to 1) turn if off, or, if you do watch it, regard it is one big lie and look for evidence of off all the lies it is spewing. Also realize that the advertisements you see are from companies that are part of this authoritarian system and you need to avoid giving them your time, energy and money. Finally, look for legitimate news sources and support them.

Baby Steps
19th March 2016, 22:38
consumers are not powerless

advertising revenue is in freefall as viewing numbers and newspaper circulation reduce inexorably

during the recent troubles in Egypt, the country split in two. half were young, connected to social media, and had smart phones. the other half were older and relied on state tv. their views on the troubles were totally divergent. i hope the story is the same currently in turkey.

people have truth sense. the young just seem to know what is true

Violet
19th March 2016, 23:21
You can also block it.

I blocked "Het Laatste Nieuws" on my server, for instance. And other too prominent (news) sources I find sensationalist or useless, or otherwise deviating my attention.

rgray222
20th March 2016, 00:34
Our media is a significant contributor of why so many Americans are oblivious to what really goes on in the world. Our dumbed down public school education system is a driver of that as well.

I can assure you that this is a worldwide problem that is not confined to the United States.

Michelle Marie
20th March 2016, 22:16
Pay no attention. Give it no energy.

Millions upon millions are trashing their tvs. Less and less people have tvs--at least those I'm around.

Haven't watched it in years.
MM

amor
21st March 2016, 07:24
I agree, I agree, I agree. I stopped having a T.V., never buy a newspaper, do everything I can not to purchase NWO manufactured and poisonous merchandise and send out thoughts that they are old, ugly and unpleasant in every way and that they will soon perish and disappear. Have you seen how some of them look???