PDA

View Full Version : Greenpeace Leaks 13 of 17 Chapters of the TTIP Document

MorningSong
2nd May 2016, 19:28
This is a very important UPDATE!!

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else... did a search and didn't see anything current.

After the leaks today showing just what it really stands for, this could be the end for TTIP

The documents show that US corporations will be granted unprecedented powers over any new public health or safety regulations to be introduced in future. If any European government does dare to bring in laws to raise social or environmental standards, TTIP will grant US investors the right to sue for loss of profits

John Hilary
3 hours ago

Today’s shock leak of the text of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) marks the beginning of the end for the hated EU-US trade deal, and a key moment in the Brexit debate. The unelected negotiators have kept the talks going until now by means of a fanatical level of secrecy, with threats of criminal prosecution for anyone divulging the treaty’s contents.

Now, for the first time, the people of Europe can see for themselves what the European Commission has been doing under cover of darkness - and it is not pretty.

The leaked TTIP documents, published by Greenpeace this morning, run to 248 pages and cover 13 of the 17 chapters where the final agreement has begun to take shape. The texts include highly controversial subjects such as EU food safety standards, already known to be at risk from TTIP, as well as details of specific threats such as the US plan to end Europe’s ban on genetically modified foods.

The documents show that US corporations will be granted unprecedented powers over any new public health or safety regulations to be introduced in future. If any European government does dare to bring in laws to raise social or environmental standards, TTIP will grant US investors the right to sue for loss of profits in their own corporate court system that is unavailable to domestic firms, governments or anyone else.

For all those who said that we were scaremongering and that the EU would never allow this to happen, we were right and you were wrong.

The leaked texts also reveal how the European Commission is preparing to open up the European economy to unfair competition from giant US corporations, despite acknowledging the disastrous consequences this will bring to European producers, who have to meet far higher standards than pertain in the USA.

According to official statistics, at least one million jobs will be lost as a direct result of TTIP – and twice that many if the full deal is allowed to go through. Yet we can now see that EU negotiators are preparing to trade away whole sectors of our economies in TTIP, with no care for the human consequences.

The European Commission slapped a 30-year ban on public access to the TTIP negotiating texts at the beginning of the talks in 2013, in the full knowledge that they would not be able to survive the outcry if people were given sight of the deal. In response, campaigners called for a ‘Dracula strategy’ against the agreement: expose the vampire to sunlight and it will die. Today the door has been flung open and the first rays of sunlight shone on TTIP. The EU negotiators will never be able to crawl back into the shadows again.

The leak of the TTIP text comes at a time when senior politicians across Europe have already begun to distance themselves from the increasingly toxic deal. President Hollande announced this weekend that France will veto any TTIP agreement that could endanger the country’s agricultural sector. Germany’s economy minister Sigmar Gabriel has also spoken publicly of TTIP collapsing, and has pointed the finger at US intransigence as the cause. When politicians start playing the blame game in this way, you know they are already preparing their exit strategies. The writing is on the wall.

For those of us in the thick of the EU referendum debate, the contempt shown by the TTIP negotiators to the people of Europe is the most potent reminder of the democratic deficit at the heart of the EU institutions. Today’s leak of the TTIP text leaves the leaders of the European Union with a choice. Either they abandon the TTIP negotiations immediately or they risk seeing the entire European project come crashing down about their ears. They have until 23rd June to decide.

John Hilary is Executive Director of War on Want and author of The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership: A Charter for Deregulation, An Attack on Jobs, An End to Democracy, now available in 12 European languages

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ttip-leaks-shocking-what-are-they-eu-us-deal-a7010121.html

uzn
2nd May 2016, 19:37
Link with download:
https://ttip-leaks.org/
In it it becomes clear that the US wants to flood Europa with genetically modified Food. These greedy, psycopathic and "out of sync with nature" US-Corporations like Monsanto want to poison all of people and make all farmers dependent on them. And in the process kill natures ability to reproduce itself. So they can be the masters over the seeds (reproduction) (live). That´s their evil plan.

Remember the farmers in India who committed mass suicide because they were forced to use GMO´s from Monsanto and it didn´t work out.
There are also longtime studies by english and russian scientists on rats that were only fed Monsanto corn. scary stuff. They can be found on the net.

MorningSong
2nd May 2016, 19:40
OOps...we posted this almost simultaneously! hahaha

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?90441-Greenpeace-Leaks-13-of-17-Chapters-of-the-TTIP-Document

Hervé
2nd May 2016, 19:48
I just merged the two threads... probably more will show up :)

Glad you guys are on the "Qui Vive? (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/qui+vive)"

Cheers!

Hervé

uzn
2nd May 2016, 20:27
yeah MorningSong, you got me there by surprise ;)
Here´s a pic from Berlin that sums up what all people in EU think, some people have no opinion as always but really no one wants TTIP except politicians.

KiwiElf
2nd May 2016, 21:00
Good grief! It sickens me to know that it was signed here in NZ! I hope the NZ branch of Greenpeace gets this out to the opposition parties and the MSM ASAP (and that this will be another nail in the coffin of the Cabal's demise!).

sheme
2nd May 2016, 21:56
Hmm I used to think Green Peace was a noble organisation- but one day I realised they say nothing about chem trails, flouride, chlorine? so I stopped supporting them as I realised who they worked for..

Deega
2nd May 2016, 22:05
I opened up a Petition to make pressure on the Canadian Government to review Canada participation in TPPA. Avalonians might be interested in signing the Petition, not many signatures yet, but hope that it will come.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/TPPAForCanadiansNotCorporations

onawah
2nd May 2016, 22:27
So who do you think they work for, sheme, and do you have any proof?
If they are shills, why do you suppose they are leaking all the dirt on the TTIP?
And why do they keep bringing attention to the dying oceans and other crucial environmental issues?
IMHO, they are choosing their battles carefully.

Hmm I used to think Green Peace was a noble organisation- but one day I realised they say nothing about chem trails, flouride, chlorine? so I stopped supporting them as I realised who they worked for..

Ewan
2nd May 2016, 22:30
More in-fighting breaking out? Greenpeace are long since the force for good they started out to be.

Greenpeace is now a mega-international eco-corporation run by career eco-bureaucrats. Paul Watson, co-founder of the Greenpeace Foundation (2010)

http://www.counterpunch.org/2010/08/06/the-rainbow-fades/

Nice to see the early death rattle, if such it is, of TTIP in Europe though.

onawah
2nd May 2016, 22:59
I think it's doubtful Greenpeace would have survived at all if they had not become much more savvy about how to operate in the corporate world.
What protest group could possibly be as pure as it was in the 60s?
That was a different world.
The important thing is that they keep on fighting for good causes, even if not perfectly.
They've dealt a killing blow to the TTIP and shown Obama up for what he is, just another smooth-talking shill, apparently, and they deserve our thanks for that, imho.

Positive Vibe Merchant
2nd May 2016, 23:06
you dont succeed in business if you don't learn how to play the game.

bluestflame
3rd May 2016, 00:53
while this appears a good thing , what about the trans pacific partnership agreement ? could be that the leaking of the current set of documents is a show , so much is already signed away in TPP agreements , besides which we can expect them to be drafting more alphabet style trade agreements under different guises till the mechanisms that enable it are dismantled ie while the opportunity is there to make this unprecedented power available to them do you think they're gunna stop trying ?

think of it like this , they've just burgled an art gallery or a bank or a gold repository , at night , somehow avoiding detection, passers by notice a few odd lights , maybe the occasional muffled noise , but dismiss it thinking it's ionly thier eyes or ears p[laying tricks on them , as they are about to come out to make thier clean getaway they've already planned thier diversion thier distraction to make sure all eyes are focused firmly somewhere else
( i know it's rough but can anyone see what i'm trying to convey ,) ?

yeah and about greenpeace and lot of the green parties , under agenda 21 they stand to get thier forests saved and animals saved , save the planet etc , but maybe just maybe they're starting to realize they've been played themselves , seeing exactly what will be done with these new powers , they've been tricked

sheme
3rd May 2016, 13:57
So who do you think they work for, sheme, and do you have any proof?
If they are shills, why do you suppose they are leaking all the dirt on the TTIP?
And why do they keep bringing attention to the dying oceans and other crucial environmental issues?
IMHO, they are choosing their battles carefully.

You can't work that out? They are just there to make people who care about our planet feel like they are doing something, they exist to take our money and do what the ptb tell them they can do, I paid them every month for years- now I just plant trees. I get more done than they ever did, good causes! they're just there to pacify.

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/greenpeace-and-the-chemtrail-question/

genevieve
3rd May 2016, 14:11
Outraged people donating to the cause could swell Greenpeace's coffers.

(Please excuse my cynicism.)

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
genevieve

Eram
3rd May 2016, 14:55
You can say whatever you want about Greenpeace, but this leak is going to have serious consequences for the chances of survival of TTIP.

France announced today that they are not likely to sign TTIP any time soon. :clapping:

-----------
-----------
"France cannot sign the EU-US Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) agreement due to the attitude of the United States, French Foreign Trade Minister Matthias Fekl said on Tuesday.

The United States has shown little reciprocity to offers made by Europe, the minister said, stressing that no treaty can be imposed on France against its will.

The negotiations are at a standstill, he added.

The minister's remarks come after Greenpeace obtained a 248-page leak of classified TTIP documents representing around two-thirds of the draft free trade agreement. The documents exposed the leading role of corporate interests in the proposed deal, as well as policies posing a threat to the environment, public health and consumer protection, according to Greenpeace. The text allegedly ignores environmental protection regulations and has no mention of the Paris deal on reducing global emissions.

Pressured Partnership: Leaked TTIP Papers Reveal US Drive to Get EU Markets
On Monday, EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom said that the European Union would not reduce its consumer protection as a result of the TTIP agreement, while US Trade Representative Michael Froman said that interpretations of the leak had been misleading and incorrect. Later, the White House stated that the leak would not impede the agreement's signing by the end of the year.

The TTIP deal has drawn severe criticism for the lack of transparency in the negotiations as well as for the tremendous power it would potentially give to international corporations.

Moreover, the TTIP has also been slammed for bypassing the framework of the World Trade Organization and excluding the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160503/1038985965/us-eu-ttip-france.html#ixzz47bXHzx00

onawah
3rd May 2016, 16:01
However far Greenpeace may have strayed from their original mission, we owe them a debt of gratitude for this one action, and most likely the positive response from the public will fuel them for more, similar ventures.
There's certainly no lack to choose from!

Cardillac
3rd May 2016, 17:42
if my read sources are correct the US is using blackmail to achieve the TTIP agenda; if the European Union will not except this the US will block many European imports which in my humble opinion is the US shooting itself in the foot- what, anymore, is of quality being manufactured in the US?- inferior cars, poisonous fast-food restaurants (+ genetically modified foods) and poisonous pharmaceuticals- there we have it-

Larry- be well all