PDA

View Full Version : What the Media doesn't report.... Bernie Rally Sacramento 5/9/16

Octavusprime
11th May 2016, 00:41
I went to the rally yesterday and I've never seen a line so big in my life... The area fits around 12,000 people and reports claim there were another 10,000 waiting to get in.

The establishment doesn't want you to know the support he garnishes. Imagine if hillary had a rally this big. It would be the top story all over the TV.

It's a crazy F'd up world we live in. The game is rigged and we are the pawns.....

http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-sanders-sacramento-california/

Despite the mainstream media’s repeated assertions that the Bernie Sanders movement is now a thing of the past, enthusiasm from his base only seems to be growing, based on the overwhelming number of people who flocked to his rally in Sacramento this Monday night.

Supporters lined up for over four hours to see Senator Sanders outside Bonney Field — some of them even longer. The following video by Our Voice Media shows the massive scope of the line, as the videographers take several minutes to drive from one end of the line to the other.

Somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 people were estimated to have been packed inside the stadium, with more than 10,000 more continuing to wait outside.

The hashtag #BernieInSacramento quickly exploded onto the top trends on Twitter, and yet the mainstream national media once again chose to ignore the massive influx of support and unprecedented turnout. Only local outlets covered the rallies, and local Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA-3 only attached the following picture to their article, obviously taken before the rally as people were still entering the field:

Of course, Bernie supporters are growing used to operating in a total media blackout. Spirits at the rally remained high, however, as attendees cheerfully destroyed the white male “Bernie Bro” stereotype by flooding social media with pictures of Bernie supporters of every race, gender, and age displaying their patriotism together.

I've never felt more patriotic than I did rn singing the national anthem with thousands of Bernie supporters #BernieInSacramento 🇺🇸

“You got to fight to the end,” said Kathy Dennis, a member of the National Nurses Union, one of the largest and most passionate groups supporting Bernie Sanders. “And Bernie’s creating a bigger movement than just a nomination for the presidency. People are becoming active — feeling like maybe they can change the political climate of this country.”

The media’s strategy of ignoring the Sanders movement until it goes away is clearly failing miserably. Enthusiasm for Sanders was expected to dwindle as his prospects for the nomination became less encouraging, yet people are still showing up for Bernie by the tens of thousands wherever he goes.

Regardless of whether he secures the Democratic nomination, he has unquestionably sparked the passion of millions of Americans who will no longer give up on their values just because the two party system forces them to.

No matter the outcome, America will likely be feeling the Bern for years to come.

letspaly
11th May 2016, 02:12
he are obviously are going to have alot of people... its California lol

Octavusprime
11th May 2016, 03:19
And we have lots of delegates too...

OopsWrongPlanet?
11th May 2016, 05:38
A friend of mine in Indiana yesterday reported to me how she and her partner had recently discovered that there had been a Bernie Sanders rally in her city only two blocks from where they live. They would have liked to have gone and supported him, but LOCAL MEDIA HAD NOT REPORTED THE UPCOMING EVENT!

The two of them went to vote for the primaries, and each noticed that when they placed their vote (electronically) for Sanders, the computer instead showed an added figure for Clinton. They have lodged a complaint (on the automated system:"someone will get back to shortly"). As far as I know they are still waiting for that bit!).

Furthermore in Indiana, unlike in many other states, it IS apparently permitted for people who are not members of Republican or Democrat parties to vote in the primaries. But my friends witnessed someone who was independent turning up to vote and the stewards actually refused them. Of course, like many people, they accepted the decision, I suppose assuming that they must have misread the laws etc.

This is 'just' a personal account, but a telling example of what seems to be going on on the ground in the US election process.