PDA

View Full Version : suffering

jack
9th December 2010, 16:58
If you are feeling some pain now somewhere within the body take a moment to relax. Notice that the mind will try to create a story in order to justify this pain, to identify with it. If you were to ask somebody why do they feel this way a typical response would be something like "he did this to me" or "she didnt give me a chance" or "Something terrible happened" .. The mind, will always try assume that this pain is "personal" and something or someone is responsible for it. Although, this isnt really the truth, because nothing outside of ourselves can ever allow more then just a temporary feeling of satisfaction or elation. Everything in this world is transient. It is the very fate of everything in the physical world to eventually disolve. Nothing ever lasts.

You may happen to find your soulmate who will give a tremendous sense of emotional satisfaction and that feeling of "having arrived" , but they too shall disolve and so long as your happiness is based on somebody or something outside of yourself the universe will fullfill its destiny and ensure that something goes wrong. The moment of reprieve from emotional turmoil may be fleeting or it could last a while, but eventually the time will come for the universe to do its job, and strip away the illusion so all that is left is self. That thing we once needed to feel whole is now gone. The more we hold onto the illusion as it disolves the more pain we will experience.

When we understand that all forms are fleeting, that there is nothing in this world that can ever bring a permanent sense of peace and satisfaction, it opens a doorway into awareness, an understanding that we have all we will ever need, and all that we can ever truly have, right now this moment. Our awareness. It will be with us for the rest of eternity, while external things will always be moving, changing and disolving. What truly is the point of basing ones happiness on anything outside of ourselves if by its very nature it will one day disolve. It could be a partner, a fantastic new job opportunity, a beautiful new house. Everyone has their dreams. Something to finally bring them to a place of security, peace and happiness. And when the job comes, or you buy that new house, for a while it is ok. The feeling of elation and satisfaction might last for some time. But eventually it will give way to a feeling of wanting again. A feeling that something is missing. The new house or new job is no longer enough to maintain that feeling of satisfaction. There must be something more! Ahh, a porsche! That might do it.

And so it goes on, the story of humanity. Chasing one thing after another always finding that it is never enough. That something more is needed. So we keep adding more and more stuff trying to find ourselves in it, but soon the illusion becomes clear, and this will often happen to someone who has already "arrived" in the eyes of society. They have everything society told them was neccesary, they have so much stuff now that they couldnt possibly ask for more. But still.. something is missing. That thing that is missing, that thing that people spend their entire lives chasing external things in order to achieve.. is presence. It is the peacefull awareness of living in the moment. Existing without thinking, existing without analysing. Surrendering to the flow of life. Surrendering to whatever form the current moment might take. To accept everything for what it is, and to know, to know that anytime you try to look for that in something outside of yourself you are only ever ensuring future suffering. All we can ever truly have is the now. This moment. It has such overwhelming beauty even when it takes on the most malevolent of appearances. When ones entire focus is on the present moment, the sensations, the sounds, the tastes, the sights, the world takes on an entirely different appearance. Something truly beautiful, magical and alive that it is so far removed from the lifeless repetitive mundane appearance that it took on only moments ago when you were in the grip of egoic thinking. This is where the true magic of life happens. When we align ourselves with the now without thinking of the past, or planning/worrying about the future, life takes on a magical form. The right people come into your life. The correct circumstances just magically fall out of the sky. You no longer need to worry about the future because by being satisfied and at peace in the now you are ensuring that it is going to be of the best possible quality. This can never be achieved with the egoic voice in the head which likes to think it knows best. So sit with me for a few moments. And after reading this take a look down at the blank space below. Give it every ounce of your attention. Allow it to be. It is just as important as the words above. =)

Whatever your situation might be right now, whatever is getting you down, allow it to be. Accept the now in whatever form it might take. Know that there is nothing, no situation person or event that can bring you peace, apart from accepting the present moment and being one with it entirely. Pain comes from resisting the present moment. Allow that resistance to cease now, and accept what is. Once you do this, you will find that no matter how hostile the moment once appeared to be it now takes on a more gentle appearance. It is not so confining or hostile anymore. Something magical is happening, things are coming to life and changing the present moment, through acceptance, into something better. When you face the present moment, the present challenges in your life with the complete light of your awareness, it disolves. It disolves because the problem relied entirely on your resistance in order to maintain its existance. Once the resistance is gone, the problem soon follows.

=) Have a nice thursday. Have a nice now =)

conk
10th December 2010, 17:13
Jack, are these your words? I really liked reading them. With your permission I'm going to print this out and share it with my 14 year old daughter. She's a wonderful, intelligent, witty child, but is hung up on material goods. Things! Her peer group are the pretty girls, with well off parents. They all thrive on getting the latest this or that.

Your post is truth. I hope that she can see it as well.

Zook
10th December 2010, 17:32
Hi Jack,

[...]
Whatever your situation might be right now, whatever is getting you down, allow it to be. Accept the now in whatever form it might take. Know that there is nothing, no situation person or event that can bring you peace, apart from accepting the present moment and being one with it entirely. Pain comes from resisting the present moment. Allow that resistance to cease now, and accept what is. Once you do this, you will find that no matter how hostile the moment once appeared to be it now takes on a more gentle appearance. It is not so confining or hostile anymore. Something magical is happening, things are coming to life and changing the present moment, through acceptance, into something better. When you face the present moment, the present challenges in your life with the complete light of your awareness, it disolves. It disolves because the problem relied entirely on your resistance in order to maintain its existance. Once the resistance is gone, the problem soon follows.
=) Have a nice thursday. Have a nice now =)

Good stuff. Are you really 23?

I was doing this and only this at 23:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJWuz7qQVc

I feel humbled by your prescient wisdom.

:typing:

ps: I would just add only that, IME (e.g. with age in this third density), I've found the perfect peace in a fine balance of feeling and thinking.

Merkaba360
10th December 2010, 17:35
Like all dualities, pain and pleasure are really the same thing. Both Rushes!!! An aware being can transmute them. I know its not easy , but you really have to be in full acceptance and not avoid it.

We suffer because we struggle everything. Pain is just a response, but suffering is a learned doing that has taken a long time to develop. Now we have forgotten and assume it is absolute. But ultimately, to suffer is all our fault. Nobody has ever harmed anyone else, because suffering is your own choice. I know that very few can accept that though.

Zillah
10th December 2010, 17:46
Wow, I resonate very deeply (its like hearing an echo) <3 !!

I look forward to reading more of your words.

Gone002
10th December 2010, 17:50
Easier said than done.....but still interesting

truthseekerdan
10th December 2010, 18:28
Jack, are these your words? I really liked reading them. With your permission I'm going to print this out and share it with my 14 year old daughter. She's a wonderful, intelligent, witty child, but is hung up on material goods. Things! Her peer group are the pretty girls, with well off parents. They all thrive on getting the latest this or that.

Here is the original article: http://www.forumlogr.com/thread/v1dx5H70UK0A/suffering.html

I knew it sounded familiar...:)

Namaste ~ Dan

Strat
10th December 2010, 18:57
God bless you Jack.

Allow it to be.

There is deep wisdom in those four words.

Hiram
10th December 2010, 19:49
They are Jacks words and all of ours if we resonate with them. I appreciate him reprinting them here!

truthseekerdan
10th December 2010, 20:40
They are Jacks words and all of ours if we resonate with them. I appreciate him reprinting them here!

Definitely, I was just replying to conk's question. Would have been nice if Jack included the link though... Thank you Jack! :)

conk
10th December 2010, 21:01
I'm sure there was no intent to deceive, but I would like to know the true source of my information. Thanks again.

Anchor
10th December 2010, 23:26
Here is the original article: http://www.forumlogr.com/thread/v1dx5H70UK0A/suffering.html

Namaste ~ Dan

Truthseeker, that link you posted quotes the source as projectavalon.net :)

Hiram
11th December 2010, 02:02
Yes, I agree about finding the source of whats printed. No worries. I appreciate someone finding it as well.

Its a very nice piece of writing!

jack
11th December 2010, 13:00

No problem in the world. I cannot possibly hold copywrite to the truth =)

jack
11th December 2010, 13:05

Namaste ~ Dan

Ive never seen that article in my life =)

Edit - Ahh now i see =) I believe that website linked to this site. The original article is here and was wrote the day before yesterday. I guess you could say the words came from me, but i do not own them and would never lay claim to them. They come from a place that we each have access too, which nobody owns, but we all share. I hope they were useful.

jack
11th December 2010, 13:12

They are everyones words now.. pass them around, share them with a friend. =)

ExHaLaTiON
11th December 2010, 17:44
theres no such thing as suffering.

Agape
11th December 2010, 17:55
theres no such thing as suffering.

How's that , sorry , please explain ?

:love:

ExHaLaTiON
12th December 2010, 07:43
I reject suffering and replace it with reasoning. Its like knowing your in a dream but letting the dream play itself out.

I dont think this is the real world.

jack
14th December 2010, 10:11
I reject suffering and replace it with reasoning. Its like knowing your in a dream but letting the dream play itself out.

I dont think this is the real world.

My interpretation of suffering is any uncomfortable sensation in the body that is caused by a blockage in what should be a natural flow of energy. From my own experience this can lead to a death wish in order to escape the tension and inhospitably of the body once a certain degree of emotional repressment has been achieved. Suffering is very real in the vein that it has caused 100 million human beings to loose their lives by the hand of another in the past 100 years alone.

Merkaba360
16th December 2010, 00:33
I agree but i think it can be explained better.

Suffering is real unless its not ! So, its an illusion, but an illusion with powerful belief is as about as real as it gets. My opinion is that real/unreal is the same thing. In other words theres only one.'

Many have said this isnt the real world. but then what is !! Nobody talks about that it seems. The real world is experiencing all as mental construct/hologram/dream?

So then, the real world is the awareness that nothing is real. or its as real as we want to create it?

Can suffering be rejected if its cause is from many accepted programs we still have in us? Like, wouldnt we have to reject many layers first for that suffering to subside.

To me, it seems like saying "I dont believe in ________" , when I have 20 other conflicting beliefs that say otherwise.