PDA

View Full Version : Avenging Hackers Revenging Wikileaks

Zook
10th December 2010, 14:16
Good morning Avalon, the Earth says hello!

When you think of Norton/Symantec ... or McAfee ... or even AVG ... what are some thoughts that come into your mind?

Security? Viruses? Worms? Password theft?

Or perhaps hackers?

For me, all my best intuition points to the hacker class as being a mixture of genuine whiz kids plying their trade and agents of large internet security corporations engineering havoc so that the profit margins of all such companies increases.

Think about it ... if a physical home security company wants to sell its alarm units in a neighborhood, what is the cheapest way to advertise itself? By spending advertising dollars ... or by creating property crimes in the neighborhood (you know, via acts of vandalism by paid agents). All corporations work for profit margins. Very few major corporations have shown scruples (I can think of none, actually).

Fear to calm. Vandalism to security. Demand to supply. Chaos to order. See a pattern yet?

Now take this pattern and apply it to the virtual world. What is the cheapest way to increase the profit margins in all the major security companies. Ans: Demand for services. Indeed, it doesn't matter if one company's hired hackers create the havoc, all companies profit by the fear and subsequent demand for security software.

So .. what am I leading to?

Well ... next time you hear a story about avenging hackers on the internet hacking websites such as Mastercard, VISA, PayPal, or any company withholding services to Wikileaks ... understand who stands to profit by the hacking actions.

Humble opinions all around.

:typing:

ps: If Wikileaks is a fraud (and it most certainly is, e.g. trace its founding and funding sources) ... then who profits by avenging Wikileaks? Ans: TMastardsTB. After all, Wikileaks is their propagandized defender of the masses. If this propaganda tool is going to be effective, it needs to be championed by the masses. Hackers represent this championship. But after seeing the treatment of Julian Assange (contrived as it may be) ... what genuine hacker is going to get involved knowing the heightened risks in trying something in front of an intelligence eavesdropping apparatus on high alert? Ans: no one. Therefore, TMastardsTB will have to bring some of their own to perform the duty of the avenging hacker. Of course, the hacker function was probably in the original plans (Plan D, Chart 5, item 22A ??)

Deega
10th December 2010, 23:52
Good morning Avalon, the Earth says hello!

Hi Zookumar, interesting Tread, a few comments.

[QUOTE]For me, all my best intuition points to the hacker class as being a mixture of genuine whiz kids plying their trade and agents of large internet security corporations engineering havoc so that the profit margins of all such companies increases.

I would nuance a little this affirmation, as you have said, corporations use strategies, tactics to have us in buying hiring hackers.

Hypothetically, would it be possible that hackers from the East Block get at it...?, I think that is a possibility! The only important thing for hackers is "don't get caught doing it", and hackers from the East Block won't get caught unless governments get involved.

I wonder with the encryption mechanism, if they stand a chance not to get caught in the West!

All my blessings, and keep going!

Deega