PDA

View Full Version : Great tutorial on lucid dreaming.

Antihero
9th July 2016, 20:42
Hello everyone. I just found Martin Faulks youtube channel and I wanted to share this "on point" video with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSxxJWc5uOY

Enjoy!

xion
10th July 2016, 18:08
Tbh, this is not a great tutorial. This is more of an advanced one.
Don't get me wrong, all that he's saying holds water if you already know how to become lucid in a dream state.

I've been into lucid dreaming for quite some time so I can speak from experience.
All the videos that are circling around the net don't actually talk on how to proper get a into a lucid state. And to get into lucid state is not so difficult as it sounds, whats difficult is to hold on to it when you start realizing you're dreaming.

How I got my first lucid somewhat controllable dream was as I started to write my dreams every single day and draw a sketch of location, people and so on. I did that every time I opened my eyes.
By doing that you're not only preparing your self for lucid dreaming you're also making a dream map.
Every dream you dream seems like its in a different place every time, but over time you'll start to see the patterns and you'll be able connect those maps into a single world.
By doing this, it will give you inside into you're own psyche. To me this is much more beneficial than lucid dreaming.
Why, because you can only hold on to lucidity for a couple of min and then you get pulled back into a dream, and it's exhausting.
After every lucid dream I didn't feel rested as brain was working hard to give you a dream and you were forcing your self to be awake in a dream.
Don't get me wrong, lucid dreaming is great as you get to observe your crazy dreams, but it takes a long long time to master it.

If you really really really want to master it than I'd suggest you start with dream mapping as that is very important as the base for lucid dreaming.
By doing mapping you'll become very familiar with your dreams and in the long run, you'll know how to deal with certain issues you'll encounter while dreaming.

I hope this makes sense to you guys as English is not my first language.

Antihero
11th July 2016, 01:40
Tbh, this is not a great tutorial. This is more of an advanced one.
Don't get me wrong, all that he's saying holds water if you already know how to become lucid in a dream state.

I've been into lucid dreaming for quite some time so I can speak from experience.
All the videos that are circling around the net don't actually talk on how to proper get a into a lucid state. And to get into lucid state is not so difficult as it sounds, whats difficult is to hold on to it when you start realizing you're dreaming.

How I got my first lucid somewhat controllable dream was as I started to write my dreams every single day and draw a sketch of location, people and so on. I did that every time I opened my eyes.
By doing that you're not only preparing your self for lucid dreaming you're also making a dream map.
Every dream you dream seems like its in a different place every time, but over time you'll start to see the patterns and you'll be able connect those maps into a single world.
By doing this, it will give you inside into you're own psyche. To me this is much more beneficial than lucid dreaming.
Why, because you can only hold on to lucidity for a couple of min and then you get pulled back into a dream, and it's exhausting.
After every lucid dream I didn't feel rested as brain was working hard to give you a dream and you were forcing your self to be awake in a dream.
Don't get me wrong, lucid dreaming is great as you get to observe your crazy dreams, but it takes a long long time to master it.

If you really really really want to master it than I'd suggest you start with dream mapping as that is very important as the base for lucid dreaming.
By doing mapping you'll become very familiar with your dreams and in the long run, you'll know how to deal with certain issues you'll encounter while dreaming.

The reason why I named the thread with "great" is because of my appreciation for the video. It is true that the video could be advanced or impartial knowledge to many. When I first started having lucid dreams all of them were of the exhausting type and I'm sure many more will be, but I have had experiences that were of a longer time duration and had a more positive energetic outcome, so I just wanted to clarify that it is possible to overcome the exhaustion with practice, and it is hard work. Also keeping a map/journal is worthwhile but not a necessity.

I think your English skills are good xion.

leavesoftrees
11th July 2016, 11:16

Hi Xion, this is very interesting. How did you get into dream mapping? did you discover it yourself, or you read something or were taught?

when you say you sketch a dream do you story board it, or do you just sketch one scene? If so how do you pick which scene to draw? and then how do you connect one dream location, to the next night's dream location?

sorry to ask so many questions

xion
11th July 2016, 13:50
Hey!

I got into dream mapping when I saw one guy on TV speaking about Lucid dreaming. Then I got into a contact with him, met with him and then I discovered that he had a some groups where he teaches how to get into all of that. Before him I was cruising all over the net searching how to get into it, but with no luck. All those people just beat around the bush not talking about the first steps. Anyways that guy in 30min explained it to me all the important stuff that I needed.
The thing is, when you start doing dream maps, don't draw them in detail. Because if you start drawing them in detail and try hard to remember all the details, you'll start to imagine things and get confused.
Drawing needs to be drawn fast when your dream is still fresh from the memory. Right before you open your eyes.
Here is a sketch from one of my dreams:
http://i.imgur.com/G3VpODO.jpg
But first you need to to write the dream down, then sketch it. Also, don't write an essay, just short notes. When you did that, then you can, if you want to, put more detail in the drawing, like colors and other stuff.
If you remember that you dreamed more than one place, you sketch them all. And circle each of them. So for example you'll have 3 locations, each circled around and all of them placed in one big circle so you know that was from one night dream.
After few weeks, when you look at all of your dreams, you'll start to see the patterns and you'll be able to start connecting them and making your dream world. Like a puzzle.
Example: One night you dream locations around your house, next day the dream takes place at some summer vacation location where you usually go. Now you have 2 locations and now you know the distances so you can place them accordingly.
The most important thing is that during the day is to be aware of your surroundings and spend the day outdoors as much as you can. By doing that, your dreams will be more life like and that is also a clue to lucid dreaming.
You see, the dream world is much like the world you live in now, but you only get to see bits and pieces of it. By mapping it you're getting the bigger picture of your dream world and when you get hang of it, and when you start awaking in your dreams you'll know exactly what places you can visit with ease.
That's why doing mapping is great as it makes a good base for your lucid dreams.

leavesoftrees
12th July 2016, 06:50
thanks Xion for explaining that. I have been writing my dreams down for years, Occasionally I draw them, but will try the mapping technique. I find sometimes I dream of a particular location many times, and then will stop going there in my dreams.

who was the guy who you say taught you LD in 30 mins. Does he have anything on utube?

xion
12th July 2016, 16:11
He doesn't have anything on youtube unfortunately. As I said I came across him by chance seeing him on TV in my country and that was like many years ago.

Snocrash
24th August 2016, 05:16
The thing is, when you start doing dream maps, don't draw them in detail. Because if you start drawing them in detail and try hard to remember all the details, you'll start to imagine things and get confused.
Drawing needs to be drawn fast when your dream is still fresh from the memory.

But first you need to to write the dream down, then sketch it. Also, don't write an essay, just short notes. When you did that, then you can, if you want to, put more detail in the drawing, like colors and other stuff.
If you remember that you dreamed more than one place, you sketch them all. And circle each of them. So for example you'll have 3 locations, each circled around and all of them placed in one big circle so you know that was from one night dream.

After few weeks, when you look at all of your dreams, you'll start to see the patterns and you'll be able to start connecting them and making your dream world. Like a puzzle.

Thank you for posting this! I have tried dream mapping in the past, but it was purely a written account, and I didn't have much luck with it. I never considered drawing the scenery and people. That is a very interesting idea, and I think it could help a lot. I am going to pursue this again and see if I can make some progress. Thank you for this insight :sun:

I am curious though... after you mapped your dream world, did you notice any areas that were shared by other people? Like a common area that other dreamers could go to too, and where it's possible for the scenery to be the same for everyone. I proposed this idea on another forum, over here (https://www.reddit.com/r/EXPLucidDreamers/comments/3d81n9/experiments_in_the_dreamscape/) (my username is TheSunAndTheShadow), along with some other experiments, but it never got much traction.