PDA

View Full Version : YOU RAISE ME UP - amazing song by two small Chinese children

Callista
28th July 2016, 04:46
Wanted to share this - I found it deeply, tearfully moving and check out the awesome starry background with stargates etc - These new children are giving us hope for the future of this planet.

https://www.facebook.com/JakeBoysUK/videos/554786778023699/

RunningDeer
28th July 2016, 05:02
Incredible Little Boy and Girl sing "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban
LxDXnM1Jd6Q

Callista
28th July 2016, 05:07
thank you RunningDeer - I couldnt work out how to put it up as a screen thingy

xx

C~

KiwiElf
28th July 2016, 05:26
One of my favourites, and my dedication to my Dad at his funeral :heart:

RunningDeer
28th July 2016, 05:31
thank you RunningDeer - I couldnt work out how to put it up as a screen thingy

xx

C~

Ha, funny, Callista.

For future reference, what I did was ran a search in YouTube with the title you provided and matched the video to the one on Facebook.

Beautiful performance. Chills and tears. As silly as this sounds...it makes me proud to be part of the human race.

:heart:

Callista
28th July 2016, 05:36
Yes this is a lovely vid - Mary Rodwell shared it with me and she says:

Notice all the stars they project around them - these are the New Ones and the background looks like the stargates

It makes me so grateful to be on this planet at this time

OopsWrongPlanet?
28th July 2016, 08:45
I find this and (the many many) similar clips spine-chilling ...and not in a good way. It is the power of mimicry in my opinion.

Having worked as a music examiner worldwide for 10 years I have seen plenty of this phenomenon. Technically impressive, but energetically/spiritually vacuous and unnourishing. Sorry for all the little kids who have been turned into performing monkeys and cash cows.

M

Callista
28th July 2016, 09:51
I am sorry you feel this way, OopsWrongPlanet! :bearhug:

When something like this comes my way, which touches me deeply, I give thanks for it as I see it as a Divine Gift.

There is so much sombre news about these days, that it is refreshing to be gifted such an uplifting message from two delightful star children who obviously know exactly what they are doing.

I send you much love :flower:

Callista

Debra
28th July 2016, 12:06
Divine
Thank you ! 💞💞

Debra
28th July 2016, 12:10
I saw the star gate too, Callista .. this one, for me, was heart. amazing

RunningDeer
28th July 2016, 12:32
I find this and (the many many) similar clips spine-chilling ...and not in a good way. It is the power of mimicry in my opinion.

Having worked as a music examiner worldwide for 10 years I have seen plenty of this phenomenon. Technically impressive, but energetically/spiritually vacuous and unnourishing. Sorry for all the little kids who have been turned into performing monkeys and cash cows.

M

Alas, in the Land of Duality, such is the case; fleecing the masses, energy vampirism, emotional and psychological abuse and all that rot.

I see other perspectives, too. Like there’s something to be said for how their song, mimic or otherwise, touches a cord in the audience and beyond bringing great numbers to momentary support and upliftment.

Flip the inversion. We bust the system with the same mechanisms used for hypnotic domination and control. That same platform is available for those that’ve come into this world to awaken great numbers through song.

And then there’s the kind of expression can’t be measured through ordinary standards. Heck, even if only technically impressive, folks like me still get goose bumps from their pure and innocent intentions and dreams. People like me who can’t carry a tune, feel beyond the technically impressive into their passion to light an audience with joy of heart.

Most important in my musical notebook (:facepalm: sorry, could resist) ...it gives voice and encouragement to the shy ones and those in emotional lock-down to follow their hearts even if they aren’t the best of the best. There’s a greater chance that the high they get through practice and personal pleasure will one day open them to deeper understanding of perfection at their core. That flow goes out to awaken even more from the hypnotic grip. Net effect? We change zip codes/postal codes outta this Land of Duality. Fingers crossed that I get to be a part of the experience.
http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Recovered/2mo5pow_zps9vhsc4hc.GIF
AND so I can finally get to carry a damn tune… http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Recovered/BWAAAAAH_zpsbquguysv.GIF

RunningDeer:Music::Music:

hughythomas
28th July 2016, 14:38
Hmmmm

In two minds about this I'm afraid.

Yes, hurrah for young talent bla bla bla

As a professional sound engineer/producer I can tell you within a few seconds of hearing the first entry on the vocals that both voices have been heavily compressed, auto-tuned and possibly even overdubbed later.

The auto-tune artifacting sticks out like a sore thumb to those who work with it everyday.

Would love to hear the original without all the post-production - probably sounds something similiar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FU3aAEayUE

Regards

Latti
29th July 2016, 13:16
Than you, Callista. The song itselt is very inspiring. When sung by those two amaing youngsters, it is awsome.

KiwiElf
29th July 2016, 18:23
I know what you mean there hughythomas! (If anyone's ever done Kareoke, with the right set-up a terrible singer can sound pretty good - even me! :))

Went to one of the last Michael Jackson concerts - he sounds totally different (his voice is about an octave lower for a start) and it was easy to hear what was pre-recorded lip synching and him really singing on stage (... which actually sounded... quite BADD (no pun intended).

Rick Astley was another one (and why he never did live concerts) - his "deep" voice in the studio recordings was awesome, but he didn't sound like that - his true voice was much higher.

(And you don't wanna hear what the Spice Girls really sound like (think.... noises of many cats before they start to fight):cat:

:focus:

Callista
30th July 2016, 00:31
I really dont give a fig about the technical aspects of recording or what anyone else sounds like etc.

I posted this particular video because it touched my heart and I wanted to share the experience with others.

And if I find any more, I will probably do the same. I know it has been meaningful to those who share my sense of the Divine.

much love to you all

Callista

Iloveyou
30th July 2016, 07:54
Please forgive me, Callista, for joining the critical voices here. For me your appreciation of and reaction to the song says everything about you (not about the performance). Your will and ability to recognize and to follow something good, to see through the circus, the spectacle and to grasp the expression of the divine beyond. To spot the one true color in a very badly painted picture and to focus on it, so to speak. It's your connection to the divine that you are expressing, yes ? It's your words that touch me and I'm grateful for.

The performance itself, I can't help than seeing it as one of the many, many staged occasions to make people indulge theirselves in superficial, shallow 'emotions' and hopes, to keep them from genuine feeling - which is the intention behind it. Using and drilling children to satisfy other's ambitions, to continue their lies.

Very, very fortunately the manipulators have no access to, no influence over our hearts and that's the place from where you're speaking, yes ? My attitude towards this kind of performances has changed slightly, has become a tiny bit more balanced maybe (from anger to the 'true color'), while writing. Some are connected to the divine in such a uncompromising, undoubted way - and others (me) are still busy to pick the peas and lentils among the ashes . .

🌷

KiwiElf
30th July 2016, 09:37
I apologise if I offended you Callista, that was not my intention. But I'll take the real original version by Josh Groban any day thanks. (for similar reasons better expressed by iloveyou) :)

syrwong
30th July 2016, 10:18
I am amused at seeing so many critical views. The children could not have written the song, they could not have sung so well without some coaching, or without the orchestra behind. But this is true of all arts. All arts are collective human productions. We always see art in the final embellished form. I don’t mind even if there is some technical aid to make it sound better. I guess some people confuse art with advertising.

As long as the song is pure and positive, the listener should enjoy it with a pure heart. There is no manipulation. No one can manipulate you with love.