PDA

View Full Version : Inclined Bed Therapy

loveoflife
29th July 2016, 18:43
It's simple, and makes sense from what i know of historical sleeping patterns. Also there is science and basic physics to back it up.

I am going to try it, as i have a common problem that this may solve, an ache in the kidney area that only happens after sleeping, and goes away after getting up.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Improve-your-helath-by-sleeping-on-an-Incli/?ALLSTEPS

x68PLE8MXJE

eft920
29th September 2016, 02:39
I inclined my bed about six weeks ago and haven't noticed any changes.

Daozen
29th September 2016, 02:56
Hmmmm. I've always been interested in enhanced sleeping as a healer. We get 8 hours a night to heal the body. Might as well make use of it. I would've intuitively thought that it might be better to incline the other direction, to increase blood flow to the head.

fourty-two
29th September 2016, 04:37
Several years ago I read about the inclined bed expirment. I went out and bought some concrete blocks and inclined my bed. After a month or so I discontinued the incline because I found water collecting in my legs -especially my feet and ankles.
As soon as I returned to a level bed the legs and ankles and feet returned to normal after a few days.
Any way that was my experience.

Daozen
29th September 2016, 08:20
Several years ago I read about the inclined bed expirment. I went out and bought some concrete blocks and inclined my bed. After a month or so I discontinued the incline because I found water collecting in my legs -especially my feet and ankles.
As soon as I returned to a level bed the legs and ankles and feet returned to normal after a few days.
Any way that was my experience.

How about sleeping one night inclined head, the other night inclined feet? Then the water would slosh in both directions. I'm serious, why not?

Any other healing-while-u-sleep ideas welcome...

Enola
29th September 2016, 17:03
I used to sleep with my feet uplifted and got quite addicted to the effect. I couldn't be comfortable sleeping normally any more. But I think that's because it helps your legs rest better.

conk
30th September 2016, 17:57
This technique is good for those prone to sleep apnea. Helps keep the tissues from collapsing in the throat.