PDA

View Full Version : Living with an Atheist

Sueanne47
5th August 2016, 06:40
Hi ya'all,

Because I have now become more spiritual and have faith in god, I do my meditating on the quiet when my hubby has gone to work, and my daughter is still in bed or upstairs on her pc...so they dont take the p*ss out of me. I also go and sit in the church on my own and light a candle for someone without them knowing.

I cant bring up the subject of beleiving in god, hubby Terry wont enter into it! he says "only if there's proof I'll beleive it" how the heck can I prove a belief or a faith? if I show him videos about anything spiritual he says " I dont want to know". Dont get me wrong.....I dont pressure him to agree with me if he wants to be an athiest that's up to him, the only thing that bothers me that he is completely unaware of, is the fact that I am moving on with my life and this divide is driving a wedge between us because I cant approach him on it and talk to him. His family isnt religious and neither are mine, its only me and my mum (that died last year) were religious, I miss my lovely mum so much. :bearhug:

Does anyone else have this problem with an atheist in the family?

Sue :heart:

raff
5th August 2016, 07:20
Religious or spiritual? There can be a difference. It is said the only relationship in this world is with creator and that all relationships are just a facet of the one. Where you are and where your going is between you and creator and no one "else". If all relationships are facets of the one and ones hubby has not yet realised it then he no doubt will find it in his own time and place. You can lead the horse to water as they say but you can't make them drink it. A spiritual life is personal and shouldn't impinge on the free will of others but if one finds oneself at odds about where one is going that others wish not to follow then if one is serious about these things then a decision would have to be made. Personally I don't think the "spiritual life" is all that it's cracked up to be and it's better to just love from the heart than follow or adhere to an ideology although granted there can be conflicts of interests in the long run.

Watching from Cyprus
5th August 2016, 11:21
Hi Sue, who is right and who is wrong of you two!!!
1) There are no-one or anything with the name God .. that is 100% for certain as it proves itself. Any one or anything who askes to be (a) God, and worshipped is a dictator. I am baffled how dumb so many humans are... can't you see it? I am not an atheist but that does not mean that i am religious either. I am in the matrix like the ones who can read this, and we are unfortunately living in a much closer to hell than to paradise place(even you Bill Ryan must admit that you cannot escape it, as you too have empathy towards the innocent although there are not many of these left). I actually do believe in energy as it is forever like our souls, but i will never kneel for any one or anything just because it is custom to do so.
Stand up for you. IT is all inside you, ALL of it. Surely IT is not in any church as it will run away from dullness and depression.
2) Try to have your hubby Terry read "The Thiaoouba Prophecy" (it might do yourself some good as well :-) ). Short book just under 200 pages you can find for download here:
http://www.bioresonant.com/freebooks.html

Have to run as there are lots to learn before it is time to leave this place.

Love
Peter

ulli
5th August 2016, 11:30
Hi ya'all,

Because I have now become more spiritual and have faith in god, I do my meditating on the quiet when my hubby has gone to work, and my daughter is still in bed or upstairs on her pc...so they dont take the p*ss out of me. I also go and sit in the church on my own and light a candle for someone without them knowing.

I cant bring up the subject of beleiving in god, hubby Terry wont enter into it! he says "only if there's proof I'll beleive it" how the heck can I prove a belief or a faith? if I show him videos about anything spiritual he says " I dont want to know". Dont get me wrong.....I dont pressure him to agree with me if he wants to be an athiest that's up to him, the only thing that bothers me that he is completely unaware of, is the fact that I am moving on with my life and this divide is driving a wedge between us because I cant approach him on it and talk to him. His family isnt religious and neither are mine, its only me and my mum (that died last year) were religious, I miss my lovely mum so much. :bearhug:

I have this problem, too. The weird part is that it would not be a problem if the person didn't constantly bait me.
Asking for proof is such a bait. It sets you up, into a hopeful state of mind, as your dearest wish is for that person to find the inner peace that you found in your faith in a higher being. And so you oblige, only to get slapped again and again.

So I wanted to find out what could be the cause of this contradictory behavior and Avalon provides quite a few answers, but not that many solutions. Trauma can cause a personality to split, and one never knows where one stands with them. The various threads on mind control have info on fragmented personalities. Meanwhile you would be expecting him to present to you a unified whole, but it appears that they have no memory of statements and promises they might have made only hours earlier. Or, if they are insecure, and too emotional, they have strong feelings of envy which causes them to despise you. Or they simply carry subconscious memories of some moment of deep shame and embarrasment where someone religious in their childhood acted up, and those memories are stirred up when they see you following your spiritual routines.

All I can tell you (as well as myself) nurture your newfound faith. Know that it will be tested, again and again. The discovery that there is an absolute Goodness out there will lead you to see a new world, and once this belief is well established will give you extraordinary powers over your part in the creation process.
But it will never give you the power to direct the spiritual life of others. That direction must come from within themselves.
They have free will.

Meanwhile remember that it makes them suffer too, the fact that you have changed. In the case of my ex-husband...my becoming spiritual meant that he lost his former drinking buddy, and he probably felt lost due to my changing. He missed the fun life we used to have together, as I became more reflective and serious.
So had I known then what I know now I would have been a lot less insistent in my effort to convert him to my vision.
Doing your meditation when no one is around is a good start.
Wishing you luck. By the way, here in this catholic country (Costa Rica) where the churches are packed I have discovered that many who go to church are really atheists deep down. They only go because tradition demands it. Hence there is a lot of hypocrisy....friendly facades outside the home, yet high statistics of domestic violence and alcoholism.

So it's all back to front and upside down.

Sierra
5th August 2016, 12:40
Yes... Ditto. My husband was humiliated every Sunday by his mother taking him into the church bathroom for his weekly mandatory church spanking before the service.

He is extremely supportive when I wish to meditate or join the healing group, but he *will* go into a rage if I ever try to discuss Avalon topics, usually the ones that deal with what is coming down the pike or 911 or false flag operations or the black government. It's a big dent in the subjects I can bring up, but I do my best to work around it.

The most frustrating part is that I cannot spend money to build up a food and supplies safety net, not even a three week supply. Instant rage.

Sigh.

Eram
5th August 2016, 12:44
Hi Sueanne,
I haven't read the replies, so perhaps my advice has been mentioned already.

Reading your post, it seems to me that you not only started to believe in God, but it is also changing you into someone who is more connected with the well being of other people (opening up your heart).
Shouldn't any conversation about the subject with your husband and or children revolve around that fact instead of debating whether or not God exists?

If you feel a growing need to and draw pleasure from burning candles for loved ones and whatever else it is that you do, is it then really significant where you draw your inspiration from?
I know atheists who live a life of service and look out for the well being of all that lives, so if this is what it is all about (moving on with your live), then I'd suggest that you invest in getting him to understand what is growing in you and seeking ways to invite him to join you.

Fine, you get your inspiration in a faith in God, but there are other ways to let this feeling grow, so to get stuck on the question whether or not God is for real only takes away from the real important issue... the opening of the heart and finding ways of pouring that love into the world.
(Trust me, if there is no longer a debate about God, then the growing love will rub off on him eventually ;))

Sueanne47
5th August 2016, 13:10
Ulli ~ you hit the nail right on the head when you said "I became more serious and reflective". Terry told me that Emma my daughter told him that 'she wants her mum back' they dont like it. Well that's just TOUGH because people do change and I've still got the same wacky sense of humour like I've always had...we just dont talk about anything spiritual/god/inner peace/love.

The mindset of an atheist is that everything has to be scientifically proven - no beliefs. We all get along ok and talk about everyday things...as long as it doesnt get too heavy then an uncomfortable row starts and its horrible, cant stand it.

Peter said "its all about you" I agree ~ but in secret! :ph34r: Thank you for that link...I'll have a look.

Sueanne47
5th August 2016, 13:30
Sierra, I cant talk about the topics on Avalon either! me & you both :silent: he is good and kind Eram, but has a split personality and can get quite nasty if I push the wrong buttons (he's an aries ~ stubborn as hell!!) he is also protective. I've just reached this pinnacle though that I feel I'm leaving him behind because he is not growing with me.

You know that great energy feeling you get when talking to someone that really gets you, well I long for that, I dont get it any more with Terry, but I can talk to my FAB Avalonian friends :heart:

TargeT
5th August 2016, 13:46
Yes... Ditto. My husband was humiliated every Sunday by his mother taking him into the church bathroom for his weekly mandatory church spanking before the service.

He is extremely supportive when I wish to meditate or join the healing group, but he *will* go into a rage if I ever try to discuss Avalon topics, usually the ones that deal with what is coming down the pike or 911 or false flag operations or the black government. It's a big dent in the subjects I can bring up, but I do my best to work around it.

The most frustrating part is that I cannot spend money to build up a food and supplies safety net, not even a three week supply. Instant rage.

Sigh.

how about ego work?

does he seem at all interested in psychology and better understanding himself?

I'm not exactly in your situation, but I sort of am from your husbands perspective... I also had a "scaring event" connected to religion & it took a lot for me to over come that instant judgement that came from unresolved trauma (I assume) & even now I have yet to find the interest to read more than a passage or two from the bible (I still have latent feelings of disgust) which is limiting... though if I read more I'd probably just use what I learned to further shut down religious types.

So, with that prejudice in mind; I still consider myself very spiritual. I acknowledge there is something greater than me (not willing to say "higher power" or "god" however) & that I am a part of the whole; perhaps I AM the whole... And that leads me to my advice:

All is connected, any topic that brings introspective thought is encouraging the right behavior. Self analysis and introspective thought on one topic bleeds over to others as this pattern is set; these periods of emotional outbursts cannot avoid dissection after a while.

That is my advice, find a topic that is approachable, "acceptable" and frame it in a way that encourages the right method of thinking; framing is very powerful.

LLOwOhTv0uQ

Here's a bit more in depth dive in to framing:
6NQiHtbpa8s

so what am I really saying?

Communication is key & clearly the people having issues here are having communication issues... so, you either continue as is; or one of you hits the book and learns how to communication works so you can assist the other with their issues.

the quote:

"you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink"

well what if you frame it so the horse is standing in water, and there's nothing but water around it... eventually that horse is going to drink; that's your job... put the tools out there, show how they are effective in situations/topics that are "allowable"... the horse will drink.

WhiteLove
5th August 2016, 13:50
Hi ya'all,

A relationship based on unconditional love is so strong that these types of differences wont create any meaningful or impactful cracks in your relationship. But if you are not happy and you are not in this kind of relationship, then maybe the crack is what is required to release you from a relationship that might not be optimal for you.

On the definitive plus side is that I have gone through a type of NDE in which I was in emotional telepathic contact with the all that is being, God. I asked this being in this heavenly place of total peace, how can I find the path that leads to this kind of place? God answered "Just love unconditionally". In other words I got a simple direct answer to maybe one of the greatest questions out there for a human being - how to gravitate towards a place of total peace. When I had exhausted my unconditional love depot towards my soul mate, meaning that I had reached a state in which my entire being was expressing unconditional love towards my soul mate to its max capacity by nature, then in that being of mutual unconditional love, God ignited a soul fusion process in which my soul got closer and closer to my soul mate's and merged fully so that we were now a single being. At that point God told us: "And this is how much I love you". What then happened changed my life forever. Imagine that you are at 100% happiness joy and love and at this state think you are fulfilled. Instead, think of that greatness as encapsulated inside of a drop of water and imagine that this drop of water is you and your soulmate in total love and joy. Imagine that God says to you "And this is how much I love you", at which point it is like fusioning into an infinite ocean and you now feel the entire love expressing itself in the entire creation. What was your total happiness love and joy is in that context so limited compared to what you are going through when you experience becoming love itself, that whatever fulfillment was your max previously, is close to infinitely small. What this is experienced like is finding yourself encapsulated within a vortex of love, takes your peak love moment and unlocks it from all remaining limitation by enabling an infinite amplification of it, and it is an acceleration of love, so every single new state inside of this vortex is like it contains the sum of all previous states combined and it keeps accelerating like this forever.

Whatever we are going through in life cannot be compared to something like that. Whatever pains we are going through on earth are tiny compared to the pleasure of going through an infinite love ignition.

lake
5th August 2016, 14:04
I do not have a belief in A god....although this 'place' may be infested with a little gods mind?

But I am drawn to post these short strings of babel:

Remember, you cannot abandon what you do not know. To go beyond yourself, you must know yourself.
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

The seed of God is in us... Pear seeds grow into pear trees, bazel seeds into bazel tress, and God seeds into God.
Meister Eckhart

Sueanne47
5th August 2016, 14:13
'Horse surrounded in water" LOL yes Target - Terry is on an island! you see, this is the problem I'm having is that he loves the sound of his own voice. Now if I'm sitting here looking at the pc, Terry is sitting in the armchair next to me, he is nattering away to himself then I get a big "SUE ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME right in my ear, I have to be sooo attentive to him then and keep him in sight or he yells at me again if I just look at the screen...when all he is banging on about is people where he works, and I say "yeah yeah Tel, I hear ya" this is the same routine every single day, his thinking is limited to eatenders/work/model railways/decorating/bills/meals out. He's a stubborn pipe & slippers man ..but a good man though. :couch2: :nerd: :biggrin1: the frame video was good, but using humour to talk about spiritual things cant work!

On the positive side ~ Terry does love indian instrumental music, and loves travel so there's 2 things we've got in common.

Sue

Kryztian
5th August 2016, 14:38
My father was an atheist, my mother a non practicing Roman Catholic, although in her mind she was more of a generic Christian or theist. I think my father grew up in a world where atheism was slightly looked down on (as it still is in much of the U.S.A.) and was low key about - he wasn't even clear about his atheism until I got to college and he was never judgemental about other peoples belief system. He worked hard, was honest, cared for me, his children from his first marriage and didn't for anything in return. By contrast my mother made a big show about what a caring, giving Christian person she was, yet, due to her NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) was in fact quite selfish, manipulative and abuse, although not fully conscious of her behavior as such.

I ended up becoming a Roman Catholic like my mother, but I feel my atheist father is really more of a spiritual role model because of the kindness, gentleness and honesty he practiced.

Foxie Loxie
5th August 2016, 15:09
This has all been so interesting to read! We have all been caught in our "situations". Just coming from off the top of my head....Unconditional Love does not mean that you let others walk all over you. I learned that one the hard way! :o For young Mothers, it is truly important that you take care of yourself, first, so that you can properly care for those around you. Finding a time of day when you can be alone & center yourself & become calm is important; if doing that in a church helps you...go for it! Others find a walk in the woods or simply sitting quietly listening to a type of music that feeds your soul helpful. One thing I have noticed, as an older woman, is that married couples get into a certain set of behavioral patterns that develop over the years & then, to try to break those patterns is very difficult. :facepalm:

I have come to dislike the word "God" because it means different things to different people. I like what Conk wrote one time, "Each of us is a magnificent splinter of the Prime Source."(Those might not have been the exact words, but gets the idea across.) We have no need to prove anything to anyone else! We cannot force others to come along on the ride we are on. We just have to stay centered within ourselves. Perhaps you & your husband need to work out the mechanics of how you want your marriage to be. If there are times he needs your undivided attention, that might be. I would suggest you not be communicating on the Forum in his
presence. Do you have other friends in your social circle who would enjoy hearing what you have to share? The main thing is to continue to keep learning! Have you checked out the videos Greybeard has posted. They might be helpful for you. Best Wishes my Dear, as you continue on your journey! :heart:

Bill Ryan
5th August 2016, 15:25
This is closely related to

Living with a believer that UFOs/ ETs/ abductions are all fantasies.
Living with a believer that 9/11 was perpetrated by Osama Bin Laden.
Living with a believer that vaccinations, GMOs and fluoridated water supplies are all good for you.
Living with a believer that we all only live once, and then go to Heaven or Hell.
Living with a believer that CNN, Fox News, the BBC and all mainstream media always tell us the balanced, unfiltered truth.
Living with a believer that the Earth is flat. :)

The point here is that arguing (or even pleasantly and patiently debating) won't make any difference. It's a matter of emotional comfort... not logic.

When one's counterpart grows angry, defensive or critical, they're often just afraid. Back off and tell them you love them anyway.

Don't try to be 'right'. That's just ego wanting to win a context.

Sueanne47
5th August 2016, 16:02

Living with a believer that vaccinations, GMOs and fluoridated water supplies are all good for you.
Living with a believer that we all only live once, and then go to Heaven or Hell.
Living with a believer that CNN, Fox News, the BBC and all mainstream media always tell us the balanced, unfiltered truth.

The point here is that arguing (or even pleasantly and patiently debating) won't make any difference. It's a matter of emotional comfort... not logic.

When one's counterpart grows angry, defensive or critical, they're often just afraid. Back off and tell them you love them anyway.

Yes, me & Terry agree to disagree Bill, you can lead a horse to water....

Foxie, I get all that and thank you! :heart: when some of us get older we do get set in our ways....and Terry puts his heels very, very firmly into the ground the more older he gets :ballchain:

I do have peace with myself though...

Satori
5th August 2016, 16:02
This thread and the posts remind me of the adage that: "Until a person is ready to receive an idea, no amount of proof will convince [him or her] of it." To echo Bill; ego all too often gets in the way.

PS Are we convinced we are speaking of atheism, or is it perhaps agnosticism?

Sunny-side-up
5th August 2016, 18:38

Saying anything different to anyone who believes in the above can (Most likely) bring you a great deal of pain, even to the point of you being shunned.
You are not only going against there reality, but their reality as held by their Society
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society
A society is a group of people involved in persistent social interaction (Programming), or a large social grouping sharing the same geographical or social territory, typically subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations.)as a whole!

I am Spiritual but follow no religion at all :sun:

Ernie Nemeth
5th August 2016, 20:19
This whole deity thing is irrelevant. Either you are a good person who uses their conscience or you are not. Either you adhere to the moral code of all living things or you use ethics to excuse your lifestyle. No god needed.

raff
5th August 2016, 20:28
the quote:

"you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink"

well what if you frame it so the horse is standing in water, and there's nothing but water around it... eventually that horse is going to drink; that's your job... put the tools out there, show how they are effective in situations/topics that are "allowable"... the horse will drink.

Objection your honour, leading the witness. If we are talking about the analogy of the horse then if we classify the water as general information concerning the world outside and around us then logic and evidence can be "drunk" and understood. But if we are using the analogy as experiencing gnosis of Creator/All that is and/or realisation of the Self then no amount of reasoning will ever change the heart of another.

Imo I don't equate a belief or at the least an open minded approach to the goings on of the world such like UFO's, secret space programs or reptile overlords as a spiritual awakening. Sure it's an expansion of the possibilities to the nature of reality but they are not ACTUAL experiences of the nature of reality which imo is "the spiritual path".
But then it is true to say that "The Inner Awakening" so often talked about can be a mental process that is an accumulation of information through the mind that leads one to question for a deeper understanding which can lead to (if the questions are directed say to an attentive SELF ) to an actual "spiritual" experience.

Be that as it may I do differentiate one (spiritual path) from the other (knowledge of the controlled matrix) although I'm sure some may disagree.

lake
5th August 2016, 21:02
Objection your honour, leading the witness.

LOL that works on a couple of levels....I like it you clever bugger :)

3(C)+me
5th August 2016, 21:23
Raff wrote:

People are not horses! and people have free will!.
It's a form of manipulation, it's is not anyone's job to get someone to think/feel as we do.

One of the things that helps me in this area is seeing the other person is an aspect of the creative field of energy (God). That's about as close to a god as I can get. But guess what so are you, you are an aspect of God.

Bill wrote:

It's a matter of emotional comfort... not logic.

Yep, the ego seems to be getting a bashing lately, mine included.
The ego always want to win the debate.

raff
5th August 2016, 21:48
Hi ya'all,

A relationship based on unconditional love is so strong that these types of differences wont create any meaningful or impactful cracks in your relationship. But if you are not happy and you are not in this kind of relationship, then maybe the crack is what is required to release you from a relationship that might not be optimal for you.

On the definitive plus side is that I have gone through a type of NDE in which I was in emotional telepathic contact with the all that is being, God. I asked this being in this heavenly place of total peace, how can I find the path that leads to this kind of place? God answered "Just love unconditionally". In other words I got a simple direct answer to maybe one of the greatest questions out there for a human being - how to gravitate towards a place of total peace. When I had exhausted my unconditional love depot towards my soul mate, meaning that I had reached a state in which my entire being was expressing unconditional love towards my soul mate to its max capacity by nature, then in that being of mutual unconditional love, God ignited a soul fusion process in which my soul got closer and closer to my soul mate's and merged fully so that we were now a single being. At that point God told us: "And this is how much I love you". What then happened changed my life forever. Imagine that you are at 100% happiness joy and love and at this state think you are fulfilled. Instead, think of that greatness as encapsulated inside of a drop of water and imagine that this drop of water is you and your soulmate in total love and joy. Imagine that God says to you "And this is how much I love you", at which point it is like fusioning into an infinite ocean and you now feel the entire love expressing itself in the entire creation. What was your total happiness love and joy is in that context so limited compared to what you are going through when you experience becoming love itself, that whatever fulfillment was your max previously, is close to infinitely small. What this is experienced like is finding yourself encapsulated within a vortex of love, takes your peak love moment and unlocks it from all remaining limitation by enabling an infinite amplification of it, and it is an acceleration of love, so every single new state inside of this vortex is like it contains the sum of all previous states combined and it keeps accelerating like this forever.

Whatever we are going through in life cannot be compared to something like that. Whatever pains we are going through on earth are tiny compared to the pleasure of going through an infinite love ignition.

Dear Whitelove, I'm very happy for you and your Divine experience. I have heard of many people having a similar experience as your own and being overwhelmed/impressed with the enormity of the experience. But I have also heard that these same people became like drug addicts or more accurately love addicts in the pursuit of achieving, establishing or recreating that blessed state. Sadly I have also heard that these same poor mystics who drank from this high fountain of experience did then drink from the fountain of bitterness. How that bitterness was experienced was as varied as each mystic but they had to pass through their "valley of darkness" in order to truly merge purified into their blessed light. At the edge of darkness is light and light darkness. Sorry for the gloomy content but I felt that your experience needed to be balanced with its other face. Apologies.
I wish you good life and happiness Whitelove and a wonderful and peaceful journey. Be safe.

shaberon
6th August 2016, 01:38

My mom does. Or in this case, she's pretty deep in C of E, and I wound up more as a nontheist. For us, that, in itself, has never really amounted to a problem. I'd say the case is more that she has lived with a kind of Cecil Rhodes "British cultural supremacy is best for everyone" and thus is now a Hillary-ite who tried to buy my vote.

That means I have to totally bypass a significant majority of anything I think, in order to deal with her. I'm willing to do that because you only get one mother. At one point, challenging each other was probably a valid phase in our movement through life, but now that she is up in years, bonding over small potatoes seems more useful than giving her a meltdown at the core.

Being funny and cute is usually miles above rooting through deep issues no one wants to hear. Talking about lighthearted stuff, and anything that's physically interactive, seems to be more effective in those situations. Sometimes I don't understand quaint expressions like "a pipe and slippers man"...and if that means someone who basically just wants to be left alone, that would be rough. I hope everyone has at least something that perks their interest, and that is your best inroad.

Sueanne47
6th August 2016, 06:41
What I'm trying to get across is that there are spiritual people that are psychic, have a sixth sense and more intuition about the world around them...maybe its in their DNA to want to explore and expand their knowledge, yet I find it so strange that Terry doesnt want to expand his knowledge, read books or find out things. Einstein said: "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" also "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth". I would never be controlling towards him or resent him, Terry is Terry! he does what he wants,its just that I would like a little chat with him once in a while, but chatting about spirituality or christian religion would be totally boring to him.

I find it curious that DNA can make one person not want to learn yet in another it does, but its great that we are all different I guess :boink:

greybeard
6th August 2016, 08:33
Spiritual is as spiritual does---thats not necessarily true.
You cant define spiritual accurately because we are all of the One.

Does the one who is the atheist try to convert the one who is "spiritual"?
If there is total acceptance of the other then "No problem"

Chris

Iloveyou
6th August 2016, 10:11
I know an old couple in their eighties very well. They grew up in a rigorous, not at all empathic or supporting home. Constructing and maintaining a perfect facade - according to the narrow limits and strict rules of possibilities of expression - meant everything. So they married, had children and worked hard with a lot of self-discipline, because that's 'what life is about' and that's what 'one is supposed to do' (like generations and generations before us). At age 50 the woman was close to death, survived cancer and that started her awakening and her spiritual journey for the next 30 years.

He remained in his atheistic, mechanistic ideology despite of being in truth a deeply emotional and loving person (who has never been allowed to flourish). The more she advanced in her journey, the more he had to resist and to maintain opposition.

The point is that although they managed to establish a relationship based on respect and forgiveness, although he's longing to open up he just cannot accept to receive it from/through HER. Too many resentments, disappointments, disillusions over the years, too many very minor, but unspoken things piled up. And on the very bases I suppose it is a question of power struggle between two individuals (which may even go back many lives)

The other thing is: to listen. To be loved means to be listened to. To love means to listen. To set aside all personal agendas for the moment, to open up an be receptive and give space for whatever. His outcry: Sue, are you listening to me? Your decision: to follow YOUR path. Fortunately there is not only black an white, leave or stay, there is such a wide range of possibilities and nuances in relationships.

Much strength and endurance and patience to you, and all of us, for the coming times.
And Love :)

Morbid
6th August 2016, 11:23
being raised an atheist with mother having muslim roots & father having apostolic christian roots, i been told that god is a creation of men to manipulate another. the moment i 'felt' devine as being part of the creation i dont need proof or disproof as i arrived into the understanding. in fact im very happy that i entered spirituality without having any preconditioned religious interpretations of god. some of my friends are quite religious, in fact i believe it would be harder for them now to not see spirituality through the prism of religious scripts. in regard to my parents, they are actually coming closer to spirituality as they grow older, realising that religion is not creator/source/light. they always listen what i have to say regarding the subject and mostly agree. they have lots of love in them - what difference it makes if their brain hasnt accepted awareness yet? beyond physical we are all spiritual anyway so to speak. my girlfriend on another hand is quite spiritual but this whole god subject is beyond her at the moment as her opinion about it hasnt formed yet. fair enough, there is rest of the life to come or not come into it.

so yeah, i guess its just better to give it time and lots of love..

TargeT
6th August 2016, 11:49
it is true to say that "The Inner Awakening" so often talked about can be a mental process that is an accumulation of information through the mind that leads one to question for a deeper understanding which can lead to (if the questions are directed say to an attentive SELF ) to an actual "spiritual" experience.

This what I was getting at, you find topics that are approachable and exercise the same skills and methodologies of an open rational mind.. once these patterns are set they WILL be applied more broadly (it's just how we work) and hopefully that will include over coming any unresolved issues with topics such as religion or what-ever.

Be that as it may I do differentiate one (spiritual path) from the other (knowledge of the controlled matrix) although I'm sure some may disagree.

I don't think "knowing" or "being aware" of how we've been tricked and lied to isn't necessarily spiritual, I agree; still a good thing though.

I find it curious that DNA can make one person not want to learn yet in another it does, but its great that we are all different I guess :boink:

I wouldn't say "dna" I'd say it's much more environmental... a "learned" behavior almost always (nearly every mental position is) is due to upbringing/environment.

Wide-Eyed
6th August 2016, 12:09

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Nicely put

Sueanne47
6th August 2016, 15:00
I wouldn't say "dna" I'd say it's much more environmental... a "learned" behavior almost always (nearly every mental position is) is due to upbringing/environment.

That's why children who have parents that are teachers are more receptive? atheism aside for a moment, prior to the vote for Brexit, on TV there were students that were interviewed about which way they would vote, two students said "ohh we dont know really, not sure either way" Brexit was a major turning point in our lives and it was vital that people made informed decisions, yet these students were vacant in their thinking! mind you, they had the mind control iphones in their hands that had probably fried their brains.

I mentioned to Terry about the book of Enoch which explains a lot of what is going on today, but he said "I'm not interested".

Sue

TargeT
6th August 2016, 15:13
prior to the vote for Brexit, on TV there were students that were interviewed about which way they would vote, two students said "ohh we dont know really, not sure either way" Brexit was a major turning point in our lives and it was vital that people made informed decisions, yet these students were vacant in their thinking! mind you, they had the mind control iphones in their hands that had probably fried their brains.

well that's just because the topic held no interest or (in their mind) relevance to their lives....Though even in your life,, how much has changed since "brexit".. I mean really, what's actually changed? Do you put your shoes on different feet? have you been able to eat the same?

The wisdom of youth, perhaps?

You see sometimes, what we find as IMMENSELY important from our perspective is equally unimportant to others ( & sometimes, for very valid reasons, at least, in their perspective).

Religion (modern day) has so much baggage, that's a real difficult subject to broach.

Sueanne47
6th August 2016, 15:42
I get that Target, but most of the youth today (take my daughter for instance) have their head in their iphones looking at selfies/big brother/celeb this celeb that, they have become disengaged and dont interact with the world around them....people are being sucked into the mind control status quo, and its working.

Love, Sue

TargeT
6th August 2016, 15:53
I get that Target, but most of the youth today (take my daughter for instance) have their head in their iphones looking at selfies/big brother/celeb this celeb that, they have become disengaged and dont interact with the world around them....people are being sucked into the mind control status quo, and its working.

Love, Sue

What your experiencing is what every generation goes through... be it news papers, books, phones or Virtual reality headsets... Everything old is new again.

http://www.nappertime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/newspapers-on-a-train.jpeg

in reality not much has changed, just the CONTEXT has changed...... I used to DEVOUR books, you could say I was "sucked into" my books. I'm sure there's valid benefits to both distractions, mine certainly assisted in growing my vocabulary and helped me at least understand grammar.

Sueanne47
6th August 2016, 16:55
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjFgtmfoK3OAhUEcRQKHZ1mDu0QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnamoamitabha.ws%2FTeachingsOfBUDD HAwithPictures.html&bvm=bv.129391328,d.ZGg&psig=AFQjCNFbq7vlDxOaYweD9Z-R_osdeLkZGw&ust=1470588562491996

Quotes that I love from Ghandi ;

"You must not lose faith in humanity, humanity is an ocean, if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty"

"If I had no sense of humour, I would long ago have commited suicide"

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"

ulli
6th August 2016, 18:24
Here is an image for the atheists out there to chew on.

"God is the ocean, and all of creation are the waves."

greybeard
6th August 2016, 18:40
God does not have the slightest problem with atheists Lol

Chris

Shannon
6th August 2016, 19:48
Hi ya'all,

Wow.

Thank you. :)

petra
8th August 2016, 19:53
Yes, me & Terry agree to disagree Bill, you can lead a horse to water....

Foxie, I get all that and thank you! :heart: when some of us get older we do get set in our ways....and Terry puts his heels very, very firmly into the ground the more older he gets :ballchain:

I'm so glad you can agree to disagree! Respectfulness is so key I think, that's all you need is respect.

I am reminded of a time I said "bless you" when a friend sneezed and thought "crap I hope that's not offensive" :)

Sueanne47
9th August 2016, 06:45
If he doesnt agree..look out! ~

Sueanne47
9th August 2016, 16:10
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs of course, but isnt this a bit of proof of god's conciousness?

ucg_arhuENw

jEr1eseh-Vg

jimrich
29th August 2016, 03:22
Hi ya'all,

I had a similar problem when I entered therapy and was taught what a good relationship is. I tried to expose my then wife to what I was learning but she didn't want any part of a "better" relationship so, I finally left her rather than stay with someone I was no longer and never was "compatible" with. I might have stayed had she come around to learning and DOING what I was learning about a good relationship but NO! After I discovered just how good, loving, respectful and HAPPY a relationship is supposed to be, I could no longer bear to live under her menacing, tyrannical thumb!
My next partner and wife totally embraced the good relationship skills and concepts so we had a wonderful marriage for 26 yrs until she recently crossed over and we're still good even though she's on the other side!
I would not live with ANYONE who I do not love, like nor trust but, it's your life so do whatever you feel is right - and good luck, jim :bearhug:

=[Post Update]=

its horrible, cant stand it.

LOL, I'd leave them! :bearhug:

=[Post Update]=

but has a split personality and can get quite nasty if I push the wrong buttons (he's an aries ~ stubborn as hell!!)
Life's too short to waste it on someone like that! :bearhug:

jimrich
29th August 2016, 03:29
He's a stubborn pipe & slippers man ..but a good man though. On the positive side ~ Terry does love indian instrumental music, and loves travel so there's 2 things we've got in common.
Sue
I'd just hang in there with this "good man" and enjoy the guy!!! :coffee:

=[Post Update]=

Cool! Glad it has all finally worked out for you. :) :cake:

Sueanne47
5th September 2016, 03:31
Thanks Jimrich,

I'm edging closer every week to Terry believing in Et's ~ souls/afterlife/dimension's/god/ascension ~ still a no go! :croc:

Bill Ryan
5th September 2016, 09:25
Et's
souls
afterlife
dimension's
god
ascension

Do always be aware of New Age traps here: not all of those properly belong in the same package.

greybeard
5th September 2016, 09:55
New Age is very much about becoming a better person, self improvement, manifesting, and the other things mentioned. etc

The more you get into understand spirituality (from my perspective) the narrower the path gets and many things are discarded as in NeityNeity --not this not this.
What was once upon a time relevant,crucial and important are no longer seen that way.

Now for me its a solitary issue, the discovery of the answer to the question "Who am I?" that Self beyond name and form and all that goes with that.

No harm in self improvement--being kind-- all of that has its place but it has nothing to do with the core of "I" the"Self" which is already perfect--eternal, omnipresent, --NON LOCATION.

The founder of Quantum physics said that this is essentially about non location.
Science is proving what the Mystics discovered thousands of years ago.

Chris

Ps In New Age there is little acceptance of what is---seems to be quite materialistic- If I get what I want I will be happy --- of course there is supposedly karma and in order to get "there" I must be a spiritual person, with all that entails.

The spiritual ego is the hardest to transcend-- Been there and still it comes up from time to time.
Ch

Sueanne47
5th September 2016, 13:00
Any person that you live with ~ there is always some disagreements, okay, its a bit lonely at times because I cant talk about anything spiritual and emotions, Mum had died last year who was my spiritual connection.

I find peace by being creative with colour ~ crafts & gardening, and being kind to others. There is a guy at work who takes a lot of time off with depression, he has a younger son and a daughter that has gone off the rails (got in with a bad crowd/drugs etc.) also his partner is abusive mentally and physically. Now if that was me I really would say it was time to leave.....