PDA

View Full Version : The voice within

WhiteLove
6th August 2016, 18:53
In the world of the esotheric there is much focus on the fact that deep inner searching can result in waking up from a several thousand year deep sleep and in doing so one can get in contact with an inner loving and guiding voice in life. I think this is true, I can instinctively feel that this is the voice that one can find and trust and in that trust and by following that voice one can be led away from the path of confusion to a path of love, peace, joy and happiness, in perfect harmony with others and one self.

Is there anyone here at PA that can honestly say that you have discovered this voice within, that you can clearly hear the voice guiding you on a daily basis from moment to moment, things like: contact that person now, or be careful back away because that person wants to harm you, things of this nature.

This might be the definition of whether you are asleep or awake. What I am so interested in is technically how to find this voice within through inner searching and how to remain in contact with it so that you can really understand the truth underneath what you experience on a daily basis.

For me its like I can have some clues about things because of a fairly wide perspective, but right now I cannot say I hear an inner voice that I can just follow from moment to moment and hence get in contact with the right persons at the right time and stuff like that. I would so much want to make contact with such a voice within, everything would be experienced from a truth perspective.

My only idea that I have about this right now, is to gradually turn against the ego persona in every moment and instead turn inwards, to try to shut the ego, and maybe once that is not in the process of defining things from an ego perspective and I instead in every moment learn to do what I most deeply want and do so, then maybe the true voice within can be heard. This is a voice that has the truth about things and hence can give you perfect guidance and teach you the truth about what you are experiencing and why. Also, when you have discovered this inner voice and follow it, each step in life is an act of love. That I think would also feel very at home and very warm.

EDIT: I have now formed a perspective on how this technically might work. Technically I think that the inner voice is silenced by fears that make one not act in the direction of the deepest desire from moment to moment but rather in the directions that do not challenge the inner fears. The inner loving voice hence gets shadowed by your own voice about how not to challenge your fears and this is something that is forming at a very young age and happens to pretty much everyone. But the inner voice is likely still there and when you learn to be brave enough to take whatever directions that align to your deepest desires, no matter what fears that might be challenged, then gradually I think you are moving away from the ego voice of fear and re-connect to the inner voice of truth and love. This might happen more easily from the position of inner searching, when you start to question where you came from and who you truly are. I think I have taken a few steps along that path because overall I do not have so many fears, but I have not challenged the fears I have from moment to moment to ensure I stay aligned with the deepest desires, hence I have kind of not initated a contact.

So technically it appears it is a process of constantly giving your deepest inner desires priority over fears, and act in that direction rather than in the fear direction. I am assuming that when you transition from 0% gradually over time to 100%, then at 100% you are going to hear the inner voice of love as clearly as someone speaking to you. The only reason why it appears nobody is aware of this is because nobody has taken that path and reached the 100% state. So this is possibly a very unique state of being, that results in an inner voice that can be heard. When you surrender to love and move away from fears whatever they might be and love knows you are in danger, it is going to tell you so. That might be the secret, that you have stepped into a state of having all knowledge within you instead of outside of you and hence nothing on the outside can harm you because you are following your inner voice of love, truth, guidence and protection that knows exactly what it needs to know and says exactly what it needs to say exactly at the right time, to keep you protected and guided.

Furthermore, I am thinking that the process of breaking free might be pretty emotional and confusing, because gradually the love inside keeps growing and you gradually can feel the voice of love stronger, which can be quite overwhelming especially when you have 1 foot still somewhat in the fear land. But when you cross 50%, meaning you now spend more of your time than not, aligning to your innermost deepest desires, then the fears will slowly be shadowed by the voice of love within and when you start following that voice and notice you are guided out of love, I think that is when the wake up is very strong and you quickly move to 100%. Then when you are at 100% and you are in contact with the inner voice from moment to moment, that is probably when really great things start to occur because every step you take is an act of love and now you live life in 100% truth, because the inner voice is such level of truth.

It would be pretty amazing when it would give you detailed instructions on how to leave the old life of being a slave to the system to a new life in full freedom. Whatever you need it tells you how to get. Would be a lot of fun to experience basically just one day walking into complete freedom and peace, not because you win the lottery but because a voice of truth is telling you what to do, you follow it and it works.

Orph
6th August 2016, 19:24
I guess I shouldn't speak for someone else, ...... but, ........ I haven't seen sirdipswitch post anything for several months now. On his thread, which can be found right here on this Spirituality forum titled "Secret of the Soul - and OBE", according to him he can do exactly what you are asking. I would suggest giving it a read if you haven't already.

Ascension
6th August 2016, 19:43
I am trying hard to keep my thoughts to a minimum. That is when intuition breaks in as a thought. If I analyze too much, I cannot tell the difference between an intuitive thought and a conscious thought. Yesterday I definitely had an intuitive moment. I was out getting a truck load of alfalfa and was heading into the store to pay when I had a "random" thought to check the front passenger side tire. What I found was the side wall of the tire was peeling away and some wires were sticking out. I was surprised. Had to get the tire replaced immediately. Wonder what would've happened with a full load of alfalfa on the way home with a dangerously defective tire.

ghostrider
6th August 2016, 19:58
The small inner voice inside each human being, is the part of the human being that is still connected to Creation ... the spirit form t th at guides the thoughts feelings and actions , and tells the human being if his / her thoughts are correct if he / she has learned to pay attention to it... the immortal spirit that does not die nor sleep in the deepest sleep ...

WhiteLove
6th August 2016, 20:03
Thanks, all of these thoughts expand on the topic in a nice way!

Fanna
6th August 2016, 21:58
I believe that inner voice is not a voice at all, but the tone of the universe. As the universe is entirely comprised of vibrations, honing into your tone alters all the tones around you. One will find Magick and eternal prophecies written just for you. You will not find people saying "come this way". There will be only hints and desires, but the dominoes increase in size and power as you push and follow that push towards where ... your heart takes you.

WhiteLove
6th August 2016, 22:39
I now edited my thread start post at the top with a theory on how this technically can be achieved.

Sueanne47
6th August 2016, 22:53
In my opinion Whitelove, that voice is your protective spirit guiding you through life, it must be an angel or someone that has passed on that loves you very much. You get gut feelings and a voice to give you intuition (especially if your psychic), say like, when I walk into a room in a house, I can tell instantly if someone has died there by the feeling in that room. I get intuition about people's character as well. I've had several near accidents prevented by a sudden thought.

Sue

TraineeHuman
7th August 2016, 04:48
That inner voice or light is your (pure, or purified) intuition. Inside of you, there are at least two "you"s. One of them, which most people aren't usually aware of (for the last ten-plus thousand years), is the part that simply observes everything that goes on. This is your Higher Self, or your true intuition. To be in it, you simply need to be observing, watching, awake. And with "the volume turned down" sufficiently on the other part of you, the part that acts in the world of the physical senses. This is, surely, what Jesus' parable of the Nightwatchman was all about, and also why Jesus is described as continually emphasizing that everyone absolutely needs to "watch always".

It's as simple as that, except the hard part is that one needs to learn how to stay in a permanent, or semi-permanent, state of watching oneself, after a while even in the middle of one's everyday activities. How does one learn to do this? I started a long thread in the Spirituality section that's intended to answer that question.

You don't need to be able to hear the Higher Self as a voice necessarily. I've found that for most people, the most common and apparently often the best way to hear it is through symbols or mental pictures or deep inner stirrings, or even through dreams if one can actually remember those accurately. Also, there are many "voices" hiding somewhere inside anyone's head once one really looks, or also really listens, I should say. Some of the strongest ones come from a parent or other conditioning, and it's an understatement to say it's not an easy or a quick process to learn to truly distinguish between some such voices and your own. You need to clean away the "mud" inside yourself that's causing "static" that tends to stop you from understanding or hearing the messages more clearly and accurately. Also, it's possible to learn to hear the voices, or picture or symbol messages, of your guardian angels and also of benevolent and semi-benevolent guides.

By the way, regarding the ego, you don't really declare war on the ego. The ego is a living thing and has too much cunning for that to work. But certainly you do need to control your lower nature (and the ability of your sense organs to dominate your consciousness rather than serve and augment it), you need to learn to control and "turn the volume down on" your (ordinary) mind, you need to deeply and intuitively know yourself, you ideally need great equanimity and endurance, you need to keep seeing the watcher part of you more and more clearly (and that's a very, very long process), and you need to love true freedom (as distinct from just doing whatever you like all the time) enormously. Much of this can only be learnt by doing, for most people. Your Higher Self is already completely free, but people don't truly know this because the whole process is one of becoming more and more and more fully and vividly aware of its presence and becoming more and more fully united and integrated with it.

Jayren
7th August 2016, 04:56
For me I have learned that being true to yourself in every single moment is being this inner voice. By being true to yourself you then establish a connection with your inner self on a higher levels of understanding about who you are or what you want to be in this life or what you are good at. You then began to see things for what they are. Doing it moment to moment can be challenging but in the peace of your home is a piece of cake, can be very rewarding for such as it will expand your consciousness. You can then begin to take your intuition and use it to connect with other beings that you can't necessarily see.

So i go to something like a college where I live on dorm, the health here is not the greatest everyone's getting sick I experience a sickness and I say to myself I want some tea but how am I going to get some? A voice inside me says if you go outside your door and ask your Residential Advisor you will get your tea. So I get up and go ask him does he have any tea and to my surprise he has it! He had sugar with it and everything like he was expecting us students to ask for it when it was time! Now I had no idea that he would have it all I had was the craving and the inner guidance to ask. Now this wasn't necessarily my inner guidance could of been but it was one of a different being my angel or guide as I would call. The guidance is like this, you ask a question and it is instantly answered before I can even finish asking the question, this happens almost all the time I am asking the question like they know the answer before I even have the question in my mks which they do.

You have to establish a connection and have an imagination for them to come into.

The imagination plays a huge roll in your success as your 3rd eye plays a big part in everything.

Give them a form to come down into until they can show you there real form...

WhiteLove
7th August 2016, 08:49
Great deep perspectives on this, thank you so much, great food for thought. I think there is something to all of this that is very important, I think when you are born into this world, you go through the education system, your parents and friends are impacting, you become enslaved into the system etc. you gradually lose touch with the inner voice. In terms of listening to my desires etc. that I think I am quite used to by now and to some degree I follow, but I have not broken through the barrier and unlearned and entirely unformed myself from that which has formed me, instead fears have been attached, not fears that I am in contact with, but that surface whenever my being just wants to go through the fire of the barrier head on. That I think is doing quite a lot of damage, including keeping me away from the inner voice. I am however noticing that when it comes to passions in life, including for instance being here and doing thruthseeking, I would say my inner voice is then slightly more active, not that I can hear it clearly, but it is like an instinct in the background of my being. So it appears the voice within seems to be related to your passions, the deepest desires being maybe even more than passions because they touch you on the very deepest level. So maybe passions can act as some kind of gateway to the deepest desires and the voice within. What is then left, it appears like, are fears and technically although it can be very uncomfortable, one should stricly just prioritize those lower than the deepest desires in every moment to ensure the energy constantly flows into those desires rather than into the fears. The question is the how the heck you overcome all fears, I mean some are literally attached to the way you currently survive. An idea is to simply just list all of your deepest desires and rank these in terms of level of fear attached. Then you start walking the spiral of overcoming a fear at a time, starting with acting towards the desire with the associated fear that is the weakest. Maybe that is a route that provides the most balanced path that overrides all of these fears towards making contact with the voice within.

Another strategy, which is maybe a bit less technical and maybe a bit less head on, is gradually aligning more and more to the service to others path, the path of compassion talked about in the RA material. I am thinking that maybe that guides your focus towards that which the inner voice is trying to tell you and by focusing in the same direction you are maybe indirectly tuning into the voice within and in that way get closer to it.

Another much more advanced path, and maybe hands down the lightest or most intelligent path, would be the combination of these two. In combination with other spiritual practices like praying that appears to be a pretty strong recipe towards finding the inner voice...

Whichever path you choose, I do agree that being true to yourself and others is a great start.

Antihero
7th August 2016, 17:10
I could go in many directions here but I'd rather just share this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Estastonne

Lifebringer
8th August 2016, 11:19
One time it happened and I knew I had tapped in. It said: "Hello? Hello is anybody there?" I almost freaked, and told my husband who was next to me dozing off as I meditated. It was reassuring and wonderful at the same time. It's been about a year since I heard it that clear, but now it's mostly guided instinct and awareness of surroundings and darker intent souls for survival.

Flash
8th August 2016, 11:46
you are thinking too much

In the world of the esotheric there is much focus on the fact that deep inner searching can result in waking up from a several thousand year deep sleep and in doing so one can get in contact with an inner loving and guiding voice in life. I think this is true, I can instinctively feel that this is the voice that one can find and trust and in that trust and by following that voice one can be led away from the path of confusion to a path of love, peace, joy and happiness, in perfect harmony with others and one self.

Is there anyone here at PA that can honestly say that you have discovered this voice within, that you can clearly hear the voice guiding you on a daily basis from moment to moment, things like: contact that person now, or be careful back away because that person wants to harm you, things of this nature.

This might be the definition of whether you are asleep or awake. What I am so interested in is technically how to find this voice within through inner searching and how to remain in contact with it so that you can really understand the truth underneath what you experience on a daily basis.

For me its like I can have some clues about things because of a fairly wide perspective, but right now I cannot say I hear an inner voice that I can just follow from moment to moment and hence get in contact with the right persons at the right time and stuff like that. I would so much want to make contact with such a voice within, everything would be experienced from a truth perspective.

My only idea that I have about this right now, is to gradually turn against the ego persona in every moment and instead turn inwards, to try to shut the ego, and maybe once that is not in the process of defining things from an ego perspective and I instead in every moment learn to do what I most deeply want and do so, then maybe the true voice within can be heard. This is a voice that has the truth about things and hence can give you perfect guidance and teach you the truth about what you are experiencing and why. Also, when you have discovered this inner voice and follow it, each step in life is an act of love. That I think would also feel very at home and very warm.

EDIT: I have now formed a perspective on how this technically might work. Technically I think that the inner voice is silenced by fears that make one not act in the direction of the deepest desire from moment to moment but rather in the directions that do not challenge the inner fears. The inner loving voice hence gets shadowed by your own voice about how not to challenge your fears and this is something that is forming at a very young age and happens to pretty much everyone. But the inner voice is likely still there and when you learn to be brave enough to take whatever directions that align to your deepest desires, no matter what fears that might be challenged, then gradually I think you are moving away from the ego voice of fear and re-connect to the inner voice of truth and love. This might happen more easily from the position of inner searching, when you start to question where you came from and who you truly are. I think I have taken a few steps along that path because overall I do not have so many fears, but I have not challenged the fears I have from moment to moment to ensure I stay aligned with the deepest desires, hence I have kind of not initated a contact.

So technically it appears it is a process of constantly giving your deepest inner desires priority over fears, and act in that direction rather than in the fear direction. I am assuming that when you transition from 0% gradually over time to 100%, then at 100% you are going to hear the inner voice of love as clearly as someone speaking to you. The only reason why it appears nobody is aware of this is because nobody has taken that path and reached the 100% state. So this is possibly a very unique state of being, that results in an inner voice that can be heard. When you surrender to love and move away from fears whatever they might be and love knows you are in danger, it is going to tell you so. That might be the secret, that you have stepped into a state of having all knowledge within you instead of outside of you and hence nothing on the outside can harm you because you are following your inner voice of love, truth, guidence and protection that knows exactly what it needs to know and says exactly what it needs to say exactly at the right time, to keep you protected and guided.

Furthermore, I am thinking that the process of breaking free might be pretty emotional and confusing, because gradually the love inside keeps growing and you gradually can feel the voice of love stronger, which can be quite overwhelming especially when you have 1 foot still somewhat in the fear land. But when you cross 50%, meaning you now spend more of your time than not, aligning to your innermost deepest desires, then the fears will slowly be shadowed by the voice of love within and when you start following that voice and notice you are guided out of love, I think that is when the wake up is very strong and you quickly move to 100%. Then when you are at 100% and you are in contact with the inner voice from moment to moment, that is probably when really great things start to occur because every step you take is an act of love and now you live life in 100% truth, because the inner voice is such level of truth.

It would be pretty amazing when it would give you detailed instructions on how to leave the old life of being a slave to the system to a new life in full freedom. Whatever you need it tells you how to get. Would be a lot of fun to experience basically just one day walking into complete freedom and peace, not because you win the lottery but because a voice of truth is telling you what to do, you follow it and it works.

IChingUChing
8th August 2016, 13:20
Developing the inner voice was something the Oxford Group was very interested in, in the early twentieth century. In fact in the late 1930s, John Batterson from the Columbous, Ohio Oxford Group published a pamphlet, "How to listen to God".

There is a very good book by Wally Paton called "How to Listen to God" (Overcoming Addiction Through Practice of Two-Way Prayer). In this he details the method and stages they used and many still use today to listen to the "inner voice of God".

May be of interest to some of you!

Michelle Marie
9th August 2016, 04:29
I've heard exact words to guide me. Once I was told to take someone 12 articles that I had written. I had only met this person once. I called him up and told him my intuition told me to take him 12 articles and he said ok, let's meet for lunch. I gave them to him, and the next time we met, he hired me for a very unusual job...lots of perks, no set hours, easy work. Weird. I thought the guidance was weird. It was weird he acted like it was normal, the job was weird, and it was weird how it ended. It was amazingly, great, though! I went on a trip to Sedona, expenses paid to visit my grandma, and went on a trip to Hawaii for 10 days that was awesome.

Another Divine guidance saved my life. There was one statement that told me the intentions of the person I was with was not what I thought. I just can't tell the whole story right here, right now (too long). But after I got the message I called on Jesus and Archangel Michael and then an Indiana Jones scene unfolded and I was saved and another long list of details later and I made it home.

I've always been intuitive, but I meditate a lot and that sharpens my inner perceptions. I ask about anything I want to know, but answers come from feelings, words I hear inside, books, people...and then it feels right or true or relevant.

Signs of synchronicity also help guide me. Topics or messages come up three times, and I pay attention. Once, in two days I got this message three times: "for every door that closes, God opens another one." My brother said it to me, I dropped a notebook that had quotes glued in it and that came floating off from it, then I saw a movie that same day with the same exact line!

Thanks, God!

I really do appreciate Divine guidance.

Everyone gets it whether it is recognized or not.

Love to all,
MM