PDA

View Full Version : A WARRIOR'S CREED, read by Bill Ryan

Foxie Loxie
9th September 2016, 14:09
Some of you may not be aware of this amazing poem, so thought I'd post it...

* Mod-edit: This is a 14th century Samurai prayer, named A Warrior's Creed. Here is Bill's reading of it.

http://projectavalon.net/A_WARRIOR'S_CREED.mp3

I have no HOME...............I make AWARENESS my home.
I have no PARENTS...........I make the HEAVEN & EARTH my parents.
I have no LIFE & DEATH.....I make the TIDES OF BREATHING my life & death.
I have no DIVINE POWERS..I make TRUTH my divine power.
I have no MEANS..............I make KNOWLEDGE my means.
I have no SECRETS...........I make NATURE my secret.
I have no BODY................I make IMMORTALITY my body.
I have no EYES................I make the FLASH OF ILLUMINATION my eyes.
I have no EARS................I make SENSITIVITY my ears.
I have no LIMBS...............I make TIMELESSNESS my limbs.
I have no STRATEGY.........I make UNSHADOWDED by thought my strategy.
I have no DESIGN.............I make SEIZING OPPORTUNITY my design.
I have no MIRACLE........... I make COMPASSION my miracle.
I have no PRINCIPLES.......I make ADAPTALBILITY TO ALL CIRCUMSTANCES my
principle.
I have no TACTICS...........I make EMPTINESS & FULLNESS my tactics.
I have no TALENT............I make COURAGE my talent.
I have no FRIENDS...........I make MY TRUE SELF my friend.
I have no ARMOR.............I make BENEVOLENCE & RIGHT ACTION my armor.
I have no CASTLE............I make SILENT MIND my castle.
I have no SWORD............I make ABSENCE OF EGO my sword.
I have no ENEMY.............I make UNAWARENESS my enemy.

As the Universe would have it, this came to me at a time when I really needed it; when my husband passed on last Oct. This is what got me through the difficult time period & I am so thankful this wisdom was given to Bill to pass on to others. For this reason I wish to pass it along to any others who might find it helpful! :flower:

Best Wishes to All! :bearhug:

Loxie

lake
9th September 2016, 15:10
Hi Foxie....not sure whether Bill wrote it in a previous life but this is from the book I use as a mouse mat which is called The Book Of Runes by Ralph Blum, 1982, and it is credited to an anonymous samurai, fourteenth century. (page 55)
Slightly different but?

I have no parents: I make the heavens and earth my parents.
I have no home: I make awareness my home.
I have no life or death: I make the tides of breathing my life and death.
I have no divine power: I make honesty my divine power.
I have no means: I make understanding my means.
I have no magic secrets: I make character my magic secret.
I have no body: I make endurance my body.
I have no eyes: I make the flash of lighting my eyes.
I have no ears: I make sensibility my ears.
I have no limbs: I make promptness my limbs.
I have no strategy: I make 'unshadowed by thought' my strategy.
I have no designs: I make 'seizing opportunity by the forelock' my design.
I have no miracles: I make right action my miracles.
I have no principles: I make adaptability to all circumstances my principles.
I have no tactics: I make emptiness and fullness my tactics.
I have no talents: I make ready wit my talent.
I have no friends: I make my mind my friend.
I have no enemy: I make carelessness my enemy.
I have no armour: I make benevolence and righteousness my armour.
I have no castle: I make immovable mind my castle.
I have no sword: I make absence of self my sword.

Foxie Loxie
9th September 2016, 15:15
Thanks for the info, Lake! Amazing stuff!

Mercedes
9th September 2016, 16:23
And it is so beautiful, thank you Foxie for posting it today. It makes me feel very powerful and calm. :heart:

Sierra
9th September 2016, 16:41
Foxie...

:bearhug::bearhug::bearhug:

RunningDeer
9th September 2016, 16:54
As the Universe would have it, this came to me at a time when I really needed it; when my husband passed on last Oct. This is what got me through the difficult time period & I am so thankful this wisdom was given to Bill to pass on to others. For this reason I wish to pass it along to any others who might find it helpful! :flower:

Loxie
Sorry for your loss, Foxie Loxie.http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Recovered/smileys-hugs-765537_zpso1eaenyy.gif

The first anniversary draws near. A milestone… Hopefully, the hardest part of the grieving process is behind you. Strange how it comes up at the oddest moments.

Best wishes and blessings to you, http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Recovered/rose_zpsd1xmxedv.GIF
Paula

DNA
9th September 2016, 18:12

Loxie

Hi Foxie :heart:
I'm sorry for your loss. Your husband was a very lucky person to have such a wonderful person in his life.
I always try to remind folks that we are more than our physical being, and that there is no such thing as death.
Not really. We all live on. Consciousness survives the mortal coil, and though it may be difficult to perceive for you I'm sure your husband still watches over you.
Take care. :angel:

Shantsai
10th September 2016, 01:07
Why do all ya'll want to be warriors? What's so cool about warriors? Do we like war?

Hym
10th September 2016, 03:29
The nature of being here makes us the most powerful purveyors of peace....thus warriors who choose meaningful engagements, sacrifices buoyed by great self-care and instantaneous humility. This is the warriors way amongst those who know that few are the battles with external weapons and always is the journey beyond the mind, the body, the descriptions of others about things coloring the illusions.....

Fanna
10th September 2016, 05:09
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is only the Force

Couldn't help it. :Angel:

Really, REALLY beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing this, Foxie. It must have taken a tremendous amount of courage, but it has shared some of that strength with all of us now.

:bearhug:

If I were in charge of the MSM, I would pick stories like this one to be blasted on the news. :horn:

ALLiTiZ
10th September 2016, 05:43
I love the ending...
"I have no ENEMY.............I make UNAWARENESS my enemy"

Very nice Bill!

bluestflame
10th September 2016, 06:23
http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/its-better-to-be-a-warrior-in-a-garden-than-to-be-a-gardener-in-a-war.jpg

RunningDeer
10th September 2016, 10:08
Why do all ya'll want to be warriors? What's so cool about warriors? Do we like war?

Warrior’s contribution to build a new world of advanced and responsible humans is through a life lived unerringly.

Warrior relies on intuitive skills, sharpens discernment and expands cognitive awareness. Warrior is responsible to transcend ego consciousness. Warrior sheds the personal illusions of an outside authority from science, religion or new age.

Warrior draws nourishment and knowledge from introspection. Warrior’s personal power is gained through each choice and action. Experience and attention shifts consciousness and uncovers spirit. Through the progression of spirit, warrior lives and let lives.

Warrior’s contribution to creation is life lived unerringly.

Concepts by: Doug Michael, Mr. and Mrs. Beall

RunningDeer ♡

WhiteLove
10th September 2016, 12:47
> I make MY TRUE SELF my friend.

Wow, powerful!

Hym
10th September 2016, 15:35
It is of no coincidence that many warriors are gardeners. It is the power of the place, the living earth, that sustains and energizes, just as our meaning in living these lives, in these bodies, is supported and sustained by the depth of our soul's song to each of us. Listening to these songs is the path of the self meeting life and enjoying it. Soonee-eh deep....

Gardening is the first step to recovery, touching the earth…..even to those who have a temporary, if not very valuable, addiction to ya’ll.

When I first heard the word Reiki I heard rake-y. I thought that it was the power of grooming and touching the earth with a rake that was the healing method. When I first saw a "Japanese" garden with it's oceans of waves of raked lines surrounding islands of rocks I laughed and thought of the silly-ness of that reiki system and how it had been such a poor imitation of those things inherently given to humans to understand themselves and to heal themselves with others. People forgot those things they carry within themselves, like the God that is within themselves, not the external plastic sitting on their dashboard or the image cast in the gold of the overlords of the past.

Bill Ryan
11th September 2016, 00:34
Hi Foxie....not sure whether Bill wrote it in a previous life

Not that I know of! :bigsmile:

But, I'd be proud if I did.

I made a clear attribution to the original source. I just changed one or two words to best suit the modern context before I read it and recorded it.

* I've not visited this thread till just a few moments ago... I've been pretty busy the last few days, and while I've stayed logged in (as or normal for me even if I'm off and away), I'm way out of touch with new threads and posts the last short while. So, forgive me for not getting to this sooner. I do hope the innocent misunderstanding has been cleared up.

:star:

Foxie Loxie
11th September 2016, 11:36
I have SO enjoyed all the posts! Sorry for my mistake & it was neat to learn when it was actually written! The message is what is important! :clapping: I thank you, Bill, for introducing it to me! :heart:

Sierra
11th September 2016, 12:04
I have SO enjoyed all the posts! Sorry for my mistake & it was neat to learn when it was actually written! The message is what is important! :clapping: I thank you, Bill, for introducing it to me! :heart:

Hi Foxie, :sun:

I LOVE this poem. When we were building the crystal grid around the world, I wrote out the poem on a piece of Tibetan parchment, drew some symbols on it with colored inks, and buried the poem with the crystal.

Probably confused the gophers, lol.

Foxie Loxie
11th September 2016, 22:18
Wow Sierra....what a beautiful thing to do! I had a monk who does calligraphy write it out for me to frame in an 8x10 & it hangs beside my refrigerator where I can read it everyday! :highfive: