PDA

View Full Version : Now what???

Etherios
14th December 2010, 15:59
Hello everyone and blessing upon you my love to all.

Well i started this topic cause i am really frustrated. The world is changing so fast and yet the ppl around me are "not here".. cant explain it any other way.

I have been trying to talk wit my parents, my sister, my friends and generally all the ppl i meet... nothing happens. I have been warning them about the economy and how everything is set up and a big lie and they almost laugh at me or agree just to end the discussion. Then 2-3 weeks later there is a tv show saying exactly the same things with alot less details and they are omg what we gonna do ... 3 - 4 days later everything is back to normal.

I get in fights with them just after 2 sentences and the fight grow and grow till i leave cause i do more damage that good. The main way they are stopping me "Yes you are right but we cant do anything so why bother?" or "If it happens it will happen to all of us so why bother?" or " We cant do anything about it they control the money and we need it to survive so shut it and endure" !!!! i go ballistic .. i feel so helpless and so powerless to reply. They truely believe these things, they are not making fun of me.

I try on all the topic i can thing and i always fail , not to make them understand there is a problem, i fail no make them think about the problem. Its like all our problems are SOOO big and we are so small that we cant do anything about them. Even on the economic problem their way to react is to look for "sells offers" more and more and go buy stuff and by stuff and buy ... "they have them on sales"...

I am 32 years old unemployed living in Greece. So far only the state sector was mostly effected by the crisis but everywhere i look they are laying off ppl. i cant get a simple desk job even if i am a IT technician with 5-6 years of experience. I can go on and on about how tragic things are becoming and how worse it will all become. And yet ppl think that they are doing this to save us, its just that corrupt politician have wasted our money and now we have to start over its ok we will handle it. THATS IT... they just side with their party or just say everyone is bad ignore them. Vat here has been raised to 23% on MANY basic items/services and they might raise it more. Everything the government says now they do something totally different in 1 month and ppl dont react.

I see things in USA going from bad to worse and how the army is starting to get in the society and i am really worried about when i see greece in the same state as USA. We dont have guns we cant do anything, if they decide to do it, it will be too late to react BUT ppl say NAH its greece those will never happen here "move along"

I dont really know what i should be doing, what i should do to help the ppl around me - to help me in the end. The feeling of being powerless is something that really scares/pisses me off but i cant find a way out. If i cant even help the ppl i love (cant even wake them up a bit) whats the purpose of going on... bah i really dont like the way my self is these few months.

Ill stop the whining now ... i hope i can get some ideas from you all and i hope these help others that might be in my position also.

So now what can i/we do?

yaksuit
14th December 2010, 17:01
i have found myself in similar situations with my parents.....for me it comes down to the "tone" of exchange.
that feeling of having a meaningful conversation seems to be rewarded when the "collective" mind is perhaps in "tune".
it's a real shame what has happened in countries like Greece in particular.... hopefully it will be countries like Greece that
will lead by example demonstrating a community grassroots shift in responsibility in reaction to the "collapse".
best of luck
:)

Etherios
14th December 2010, 18:34
Every 1 - 2 months they increase the austerity measures... and its always after they have repeatedly said that they wont. Last week we were told (media didnt comment ofc) that the IMF contract is law and we cant change it and at the same time we are told that they signed and NOW after so many month "negotiate" the terms of what they signed... Ye right!!! Greece i am afraid is bought already and i really cant imagine what they will do to us in the next years...

Limor Wolf
14th December 2010, 21:32
hello Etherios :) first of all hang in there! when i found out about five years ago what is happening in the world plus some interesting realities i couldnt share with no one around me,the sky was blue and the birds were singing and nothing was shown in the horizon....at that time i found myself obsessivly searching any piece of information in so many areas of our life anything that i could put my hands on.things were falling to my lap at the correct time.three years of pure heavy studying.after that i started expressing myself on the different occasions saying what i think and how i see things, up to this day i am not trying to convince anyone or insinuate what they should think...but things are advancing somewhat with the people surrounding me.i am decisive,i know what i am talking about (after investing hours and hours of research as most of us here do) and most important of all i put things on the table whover is interested will carry on from there.
you wrote:
"I get in fights with them just after 2 sentences and the fight grow and grow till i leave cause i do more damage that good"
fighting is never usefull,isn't it? its not good for your emotional well being and you need your energies to continue your path.it also will not help them to be convinced. it is a true saying that change in someone might come from them and from them only.sometimes its possible to assist when saying whats on your mind and how you see things,if its backed-up and said with integrity it might be of service.otherwise we should continue to work on ourselves and continue to 'put things on the table',and remember that whover is interested will serve themselfs...
as things advancing around us they are bound to notice this or that,sooner (hopefully) or later..
not all people are made up to be awaken right now.i get you.its also difficult for me to see people i care about turn the other way,very much asleeeeep or thinking they are "just the small citizen,what can they do?",i totaly identify with you on that.funny to see it doesn't matter wich corner of the world we are in,humans are humans are humans...same responses everywhere.
we should focus on those who ask the questions,who fight the information but curious to know more...and give a hug to those who choose otherwise.

with love

limor

shadowstalker
14th December 2010, 21:40
I have never had an issue discussing these issue with anyone, possibly because the good folks/friends i hang with know that I am not paranoid by nature and would never lie to them..
But like LIMOR says hang in there, just consider your self the door it is up to them to decide whether they want to walk threw or not.

Decibellistics
14th December 2010, 21:49
Aye yes, the Great American Complacency has spread and for that I feel with ya.

Well, consider this. They have at least acknowledge that the system is fudged. That is a start. I would lead by example personally if I were you. This does not have to be a time of suffering for us all. This is a time for us to put our skills, our knowledge, our ideas, and our hands to good use. I have a feeling that people think that once the economies crash, they will expect some sort of helping hand...........that's the hook. If we don't start taking situations into our own hands and taking our lives into our own hands, then we might as well walk straight to a slaughter-house. You might not change the world. But you can change your own world, and maybe the people around you. Be creative, be happy, be loving, and be you. I think everyone has to show the government....hey.....we don't ****ing need you old farts anymore. Times are a changin' Much easier said than done. But we are all gonna have to learn and swim at some point.

My best wishes to you Etherios. We are all in this together my friend. You're not the only one.

Etherios
14th December 2010, 23:07
i agree with you limor... and trust me i have even gotten few of my friends and showed them alot of movies youtube or other and we were stoping and talking about what the ppl say in each stop etc good dialoge at least from my part. I explained everything they asked to my best knowlege/ability ... many days but usually they loose interest really soon or in the end they say ok good i dont believe it they cant prove it to me or other comments, i cant say anything... for example i had m neighbor watch with me The day before disclosure. All went well and then she told me out of the blue ..." this guy (the speaker) has really weird head " and laughed. I just lost any will to continue talking. We finished the movie and later the same day they were planning to go shoping with my sister like nothing happened - never talked about it after that. Like she forgot / ignored everything. Even tho she was on many points showing real interest.

Limor about the fighting well they imidiatelly get defensive. I cant explain its like i am attacking and they either fold and defend or start attacking verbaly at me. It really scares me even tho i know that they understand i am right. They see the proof but their reaction is "hostile". For example talks about money - I explain how the debt system works i give them examples they agree and we have a semi conclusion but the moment i try to explain that this is wrong and we shouldnt just say this is how life is all hell breaks loose. Its like ... i dont know. We go from "You want us to starve" to "You are not living your life"

Teakai
14th December 2010, 23:07
It's called the normalcy bias , Etherios - found out about it the other day. It's where people cannot comprehend something happening to them which is outside of their normal/previous experience.

And usually people 'really, really' don't want to step outside their comfort zone - especially if that place looks awful.

What we're asking them to face is a total adjustment to their way of thinking. To life as they know it.

It's like there are 2 versions of the population - those who know it's all a lie - and those who are immersed in the lie.

Having gone through the process and then looking at all those who haven't yet is such a weird feeling.

I use the drip feeding technique through facebook - but, for the most part - I don't think too many people are 'getting it'. I think they see my interests as being slightly askew.

str8thinker
14th December 2010, 23:37
Etherios, glad you decided to speak up about this. It affects all of us here in the truth seeking community.

Truth seeking can be a lonely hobby and we need each other. We have much more of an uphill fight than most other kinds of believers. If you went around telling everyone you have just become a born-again Christian, a Mormon, a Buddhist, Hindu or Zoroastrian, they'd all understand your position immediately, forgive you, pigeonhole you and accept you as more enthusiastic than most in your chosen belief. But real truth seeking is much more fluid.

We have the added burden that there is no single well-worn path to truth, like dead flowers stuck in an album, but constantly shifting underground currents of rumor. For every new "fact" that we consider significant there are whole piles of contradictory evidence and hearsay, making it difficult for others to accept that you have filtered out the garbage.

On top of this, we all go through stages of doubt and disbelief when the most cherished foundations of our belief system are shown to be hoaxes and frauds. Yet where there is smoke, there must be fire somewhere. Your friends and family will be only too ready to contradict you with "facts" reported in newspapers and on TV.

The hardest thing to find is hard evidence. Most often we suspect it is there by association but never see it for ourselves (e.g., UFOs). We rely on others who claim inside knowledge; relying on such claims only weakens our personal belief structure. It's so easy to become disoriented in the mass of conflicting claims.

Therefore, I say, admit no more than the very hardest evidence. Buy it if you think it is worth going after. Don't expect to find it lying around free. The dysinfo merchants are too smart. It's exactly the same when going shopping for a bargain. Forget the advertising, make sure you get to handle the goods before purchasing.

Ammit
14th December 2010, 23:40
You are never going to change peoples minds when their lives are peacefull and happy. Seems when ever I talk to others about such things as the earth changes they just look blank or walk away laughing at me, it`s their choice not to listen, but, every now and again you find someone who will listen, this makes another person eager to pass the word. Hopefully the cycle of word passing will continue, because if only 20% of the world listens then that itself equates to a lot of woken up souls.

Keep trying and good luck..

Blessings

Ammit

TigaHawk
15th December 2010, 01:45
Something i have found to be true.

People dont give a damn about anything unless it directly interferes with their everyday life in a significant manner.

Good example. The Bee's are dying out! Some mite is killing colony's and they're also dissapearing for unknown reasons - if this keeps up we'll have food shortages as the bee's arnt there to polinate the flowers to make food.

Same thing - oh no how horrible what will we do! when they read it.

few days later - noone cares.

10 years later - they care greatly as they're starving and unable to find/get food.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same thing will happen with the education pricings they're doing.

Hey guys lets raise the prices on education so only the rich can get decent jobs!

10 years later - the rich people are doing jobs the poor people would be doing - ie call centre jobs, data entry, 1st level retail, etc. Because there simly isnt enough educated "reliable" people out there to do the jobs - and noone would want to unemploy the dumb ones for important tasks as they dont have an education - they'd just screw up right?

Also it would increase the unemployed/benefits rates - Why try to get a job when you know how difficult it will be without that piece of paper that say's you're realy smart? They know that its nearly impossible. They also know that if they did manage to find a job, it would only pay $20-40 more than what they would get from sitting at home and living off government benefits.

I see it here in australia the same thing - People who say they want to work - but all the jobs that they have any chance in hell actualy getting, arnt worthwile working, as the conditions are crap for $20-40 more than what the government is giving them to sit on their butt's at home all day and rock up once a fortnight to a 2hr session on "how to get a job" classes.

but yeah - i personaly feel, society is being bought up with a direct intent to have people focus on themselves, the centre of the world is them- and having their needs and wants met, and being the centre of attention with everyone so interested abuot their day because they're so special. Hense - unless something is directly stopping someone from continuing to do the things they do on a daily basis - they are just incapable of caring - because their whole world revolves around themselves.

Lost Soul
15th December 2010, 05:06
Etherios - I would feel like you do as there are very few people around me that I can even discuss similar issues with. You might want to spend some time reading the material that is found on this website. It is from George Green, who was interviewed by Project Camelot. Link (http://www.nohoax.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24&catid=1)

Ethereal Blue Being
15th December 2010, 05:07
Etherios ---I would highly recommend Project Camelots Awake and Aware In LA Conference last Fall----- The Marcia Schafer presentation has amazing advice and brilliant ideas on communicating with others ---she is an amazing speaker her website Beyond Zebra is great

fifi
15th December 2010, 06:25
originaly posted by Etherios
The main way they are stopping me "Yes you are right but we cant do anything so why bother?"

You are lucky that al least they said you were right. For me, my relatives told me:" stop talking like that, you sound like an insane person". Then later whenever I talked about this subject, I was told to shut up, and was called by any name they can think of: mad, illusional, gullible, stupid, etc.

sunnyrap
15th December 2010, 06:47
I've been aware of 'alternative' history for more than 10 years now, but aware of a lot of the weaknesses in the system long before that and have spent many a frustrated hour trying to get others to see before learning that you have to lead gently. One thing I've noticed is that you shouldn't hold back on speaking your truth but do not expect a particular result from it. More often than not you'll get negative backlash for reasons already enumerated above. But the really important thing is you've 'dropped a seed'. Events, news clips, other people's conversations will 'water' those seeds, and almost without exception, at some point in the future, truths will 'blossom' into ever growing awarenesss in former apparent blockheads. It's ego, really to need to see the great AHA! happen because YOU instigated it. Each person has their own understanding gestation period and will come to awareness at their own pace because the pieces of experience they needed were delivered.

A second point that my other 'awake and aware' associates all pretty much agree on is that a certain percentage of us who were already predisposed to accepting alternative information were seeded into the population to be already up to speed and ready to assist shocked newly indoctrinated with our calm assurance. And our own relative levels of awareness are quite needed.

Silentthinker
15th December 2010, 07:03
I've found that if you start talking about big departures from the normal accepted reality that people have been taught to believe in, usually you encounter a lot of anger and resistance, and that it is as strong as if you try and talk to a religious fanatic about their views and how it may not be true. This holds true for most people that I talk to about alternative viewpoints on many things. However, if you start with smaller things, like the reality of the current economic system, or issues with say modern medicine and free energy topics, people are more open and accepting to these ideas, simply because they are not quite as extraordinary in their minds, and they don't have strong beliefs the other way.

ascendingstarseed
15th December 2010, 07:19
Sometimes you just have to let it go, everyone is on their own path and will wake in their own time. Most people are stuck in their comfort zone after investing many years, including lots of money in education and tithing the church while building their belief structure, with all the dogma and daily ritual...and then we come along with news that it was all a waste of time, energy and money?!?! Too much for most to accept, especially if everything is going well in their lives. Yes, it's very frustrating when you want to share what you know and people won't listen, or worse they think you're wackodoodle. One of the things I found that helped was launching my own blog for posting information and reaching people who want to learn about what's happening, who want to share their thoughts and feelings on subjects you have in common.

As much as we think it might be for their own good, we can't change what people think or how they perceive world. Sometimes we have to let the ones we love go on their own path, if this is information they're not ready for, then it's our lesson to let it go. I've learned not to even bring these subjects up anymore around my family unless they initiate the discussion - which they don't, oh well. Now, on occasion I will send emails in hopes that they will read the information and something will eventually get through that will spark an awakening, or when SHTF they will remember to access the information.

Look at it this way, most of us here are all two steps ahead of the "sleepers" and when things finally begin to unravel with the Earth changes, or maybe a mass decloaking unveils ET or possible even the rolling out of the NWO...at that point everyone who thought you were off your rocker, will be turning to you for answers, support and direction. So hold steady in your convictions, this truly is the calm before the storm and there will come a time when all your knowledge and hard work will be in demand.

Also avoid arguments, its not worth it to let others affect your positive energy. The real challenge in all of this is to learn how to keep yourself in an "energetic state of love at all times" and not to let provocateurs or non believers suck off of or diminish your Light.

Ross
15th December 2010, 07:56
Unfortunately, this statement is correct:

People dont give a damn about anything unless it directly interferes with their everyday life in a significant manner.

As we are doing our part, in whatever way, towards trying to get others to see the picture, we must also remember that the numbers are huge in regards to above statement. As a species we have become complacent, reliant, deeply brainwashed and very 'soft'...this works against us, but we must continue to rise above the disappointments with our fellow beings and stay the course.

As you are all aware, once you realise the gravity of the situation there is no turning back, only forward. This may help also….”inch by inch it’s a synch” keep it simple and at all costs keep balanced.

Ross

norman
15th December 2010, 08:34
Now what!?......

Build it and they will come.

I can still remember, from my childhood, the story about Noah and how the other folks laughed and took the p***. I'm NOT suggesting you look to the bible for a solution ( God forbid! hah ) but I think you should just get on with it and other people will either get it eventually or not. If we argue and have bitter experiences about all of this it will have a negative effect. You're positive actions in response to what you are becoming aware of will rub off on your family and old friends much better than arguing with them.

Just do what you can. I'm buying a few extra tins when I go shopping. I have a couple of backpacks semi ready for a quick vanishing trick. I'm taking Bill's tip about "FOOD"! very seriously right now. I wouldn't really suggest buying gold but I was telling a few friends and workmates to do that about 6 years ago and they DO remember me saying that and are more willing to listen to what I have to say about things because of it.

As your actions gradually appear to be the right ones, your family and friends will get IT and stop struggling with you. You just have to let it soak in without confronting their identities and egos.

Luke
15th December 2010, 09:03
I would, again, invoke first rule of survival: do not ever do anything that will damage your well being IF NOTHING HAPPENS.
Second Mad Max is fiction, so is Zombie apocalypse.
And yes, people do not give a damn till they are had. It is called "frog in boiling water syndrome" ..

Food and water are important so is bug-out bag, but the most crucial component is your psychical state and ability to make hard decisions in very adverse conditions.
There is no Mad-Max scenario on wasteland, most of us live in densely populated areas. In such conditions, in case of "slow slump" scenario, blending in is thing you need mentally wrap around. Gray man concept. living with other people while surviving. Study cases of Argentina of African nations.
The thing Greece is coming through is not unique. It has been already tried in other places - all the South America in the 80's for example. It is well tried and rehearsed exercise.
Of course Greece have problem those countries do not hat - it cannot debase currency and get away, default on it's debt, start again. Again, by design. Despite what politicians claim now, they knew what are they doing.
People, on the other hand, still not getting it. Amount of "red flags" in Athens clearly show that they try to fight previous war.... Not something smart man does.

This is planned and controlled demolition, with neo-feudal servitude at the end, and it is possible because people's minds were poisoned. They took what they knew did not deserved.. but they thought they cheated causality. Now there is price to pay, greater they imagined, as with any "free stuff" out there.
When we stay in purely material realm, they already lost. The slump is there to make them realize it, and it will be as long and deep to make sure people will get the message.. not to mention other agendas in play, including making sure only those with needed traits will make it.
Sure you can try to relocate to not-yet blighted areas, but you're just buying time. We are talking 20-30 year timeline of global-wide reconditioning. Nations are only "boxes" making it easier to implement the agenda.
-----
Question is, how you fight this kind of war?
----
There is of course other possibility I call "Big one" .. all bets off, you are in foreign place with only clothes on, everyday carry stuff and what you have in your head ... home/shelter/land/car/stuff you gathered might be impossible to reach, or might not even exist at this point. This might happen in many ways, but will you be mentally prepared to face such event? .. then again, in comparison to long slump.. that might be easy

Anchor
15th December 2010, 10:48
Ill stop the whining now ... i hope i can get some ideas from you all and i hope these help others that might be in my position also.

So now what can i/we do?

Ok, well as you asked, perhaps it won't be a problem if I make some personal remarks which have involved some intuitive 'reading' - not that this fact should change anything or make my argument more compelling - in fact you can decide its BS and ignore it - but I say this by way of explanation on where this material has come from.

There will come a time where your special qualities and knowledge will be a lifeline to people who would otherwise panic.

Your time has not yet come for that - but it will and sooner than you may think. It will start in little isolated incidents where you speak a truth or explain a situation and act as a grounding rod to help people find their context and perspective in a rapidly changing situation.

For the time being you are being faced with catalytic situations to help you hone your approach.

Who do you trust? Do you trust yourself? You should. Trust that you put yourself in this situation to achieve some very important objectives that you wanted to achieve, yet in a situation where you yourself were hidden from the truth and where complete understanding is not possible. This in all likelihood in full co-operation with those around you who are helping you. You are probably one of the future leaders of a "ground crew" - ultimately you are having this struggle now, so you can ameliorate a bigger struggle later.

A good idea to speed things along could be to develop your insight further through daily meditation. (Insight meant in the sense of inner-sight). There are no downsides to meditation and if nothing else it will help you develop a calmer way of handling the explosive situations with more grace.

What will come will come and when it does, those around you will be lucky to have you there.

John..

Bill Ryan
15th December 2010, 12:45
------

I just posted this on another very similar thread: (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?9378-Truth-seeking-causing-relationship-destruction&p=81088&viewfull=1#post81088)

This is very important. I get many personal e-mails about this. It's common.

People come to realizations about how the world really is at different rates. We each have our own journey, and go at our own pace.

It can be VERY uncomfortable for someone to have the feeling of having something 'forced' on them.

Making people read stuff, watch stuff, or listen to stuff (or listen to you!) can just make people react against you.

One common reason for this is fear. The person facing a mountain of bad news can find this hard to handle. They don't want the world to be this way.

So rather than getting drawn into argument, offer love - because the person you're trying to convince may be frightened. They may need a hug, and reassurance - not another Camelot video or Alex Jones interview.

Go easy. People come to this at their own time. You need to plant seeds... and then step back and let them grow. If you continually dig up the root to see if the plant is still alive, it will die.

(These are not arrogant words: believe me, I've been through this myself many times. Please consider that your relationship may be worth more than proving who's right. In the end, of course, it's important for life partners to share pretty much the same worldview. But there may need to be a period of readjustment to new realities in which a lot of love and understanding is required.)

jack
15th December 2010, 13:00
Be the space for the light of consciousness to come into the world. =) Its going to be in short supply in the future.

Acceptance - Its not easy to accept that you are being herded into a pen, while all the other sheep are only concerned about the quality of grass they are eating, deep down in your heart you know where it is all going to end. But they wont listen. The grass is to important and it has taken over their entire awareness. The grass they say, the grass, the grass is what is important. All you can do is accept what is, and offer yourself the best chance of bringing good too the situation by allowing the peace and presence which flow through when we surrender to the present moment.

Banshee
15th December 2010, 13:10

The One
15th December 2010, 13:12
My friend, do not lose heart. We were made for these times. I have heard from so many recently who are deeply and properly bewildered by the change aroung them. They are concerned about the state of affairs in our world now. Ours is a time of almost daily astonishment and often righteous rage over the latest degradations of what matters most to civilized, visionary people.
You are right in your assessments. The lustre and hubris some have aspired to while endorsing acts so heinous against children, elders, everyday people, the poor, the unguarded, the helpless, is breathtaking. Yet, I urge you, ask you, gentle you, to please not spend your spirit dry by bewailing these difficult times. Especially do not lose hope. Most particularly because, the fact is that we were made for these times. Yes. For years, we have been learning, practicing, been in training for and just waiting to meet on this exact plain of engagement.
In any dark time, there is a tendency to veer toward fainting over how much is wrong or unmended in the world. Do not focus on that. There is a tendency, too, to fall into being weakened by dwelling on what is outside your reach, by what cannot yet be. Do not focus there. That is spending the wind without raising the sails.One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. Soul on deck shines like gold in dark times. The light of the soul throws sparks, can send up flares, builds signal fires, causes proper matters to catch fire. To display the lantern of soul in shadowy times like these – to be fierce and to show mercy toward others; both are acts of immense bravery and greatest necessity.So long as you believe in yourself my friend from whats within thats all that matters

======

[Mod hat on - Bill]

The above quote came from a quite wonderful article by Dr Clarissa Pinkola Estes:

http://criswilliamson.com/about/news/we_were_made.html

Please always quote sources, or else readers may mistakenly believe that you wrote this yourself. Many thanks.

Etherios
16th December 2010, 02:09
------

I just posted this on another very similar thread: (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?9378-Truth-seeking-causing-relationship-destruction&p=81088&viewfull=1#post81088)

This is very important. I get many personal e-mails about this. It's common.

People come to realizations about how the world really is at different rates. We each have our own journey, and go at our own pace.

It can be VERY uncomfortable for someone to have the feeling of having something 'forced' on them.

Making people read stuff, watch stuff, or listen to stuff (or listen to you!) can just make people react against you.

One common reason for this is fear. The person facing a mountain of bad news can find this hard to handle. They don't want the world to be this way.

So rather than getting drawn into argument, offer love - because the person you're trying to convince may be frightened. They may need a hug, and reassurance - not another Camelot video or Alex Jones interview.

Go easy. People come to this at their own time. You need to plant seeds... and then step back and let them grow. If you continually dig up the root to see if the plant is still alive, it will die.

(These are not arrogant words: believe me, I've been through this myself many times. Please consider that your relationship may be worth more than proving who's right. In the end, of course, it's important for life partners to share pretty much the same worldview. But there may need to be a period of readjustment to new realities in which a lot of love and understanding is required.)

I think i am understanding what you mean... when i push even a little things get ugly so i back off. Its just so frustrating that the ppl you love think/feel that way. I hope that i manage to plant a few seeds and eventually they will grow. I just wish and hope they wake up before its too late to handle it. You know its even worse for them to wake up after they get hit by reality, thats why i feel i am loosing time wise. If i manage to make them open their eye alittle maybe the shock wont kill em (mentally or otherwise)