PDA

View Full Version : Discerning Truth from Fraud

pintorider
16th December 2010, 02:35
I'm very new to this forum and have been viewing Camelot Project videos on youtube for about the last two months or so. I have no problem believing the "outrageous" claims of Andrew Basiago and a "jump room" to Mars, but I just can't swallow anything that Jordan Maxwell says. Am I alone in this opinion? How do you all discern between the truth tellers and the deceivers? Thanks.

Carmody
16th December 2010, 03:08
You are not alone but I'm not among those who believe that about Jordan. We are all colored by who we are and we are all reactive to certain personality types whom we clash with. I have a hard time with Aaron McColloum.

So what, then?

I somehow have no problem reading a book on how a psychic like Micheal Bodine actually sees spirits, all the time. Ie day in, day out. I have no problem myself in believing that as I have direct personal experiences in those areas of psychic activity.

The way I see it, is that one cannot be selective to that degree, a degree of outright exclusion, due to a desire for comfort in ego and body. It's literally a case of saying to myself, OK, Pandora's box is open, but due to my comfort zone, I am going to create, just for me, a limit on it's busting. How busted it is, what can come out of it and what it ends up being. I'm going to dictate that, as I'm not comfortable with that bit over there.

I'm sorry, it does not work. As soon as you have even ONE more dimension to existence, the whole thing just collapses. Reality, as a concept is dunked and comes out barely alive, and has a new shape for me that I'll be spending the rest of my life figuring out. Too bad, sucks to be me. It's like that 'little bit pregnant' line. Either preggies, or no.

Either Pandora's box is blown all to Rattus Excrement and there are bits of it stuck to everything..or the lid is firmly shut. But "open just a little bit, in the way that I find comfortable", well, that just don't work. Not for me, not for you.

discernment is a personal thing, IMO and IME. The message is different for each of us. There are things that I personally understand that to me, make what some of Jordan's messages are about be true. To me.

I mean a man can tell me he jumped off a cliff and never hit the ground. He achieved flight. I'd say BULL! But then I recall myself manifesting things that are truly not of what we like to call 'normal'...so who am I to judge? Maybe he did. Levitation and bio-location, for example. Those two I want to master before I leave this place. I've no idea if I'll make it there or not, but that won't stop me from finding a way.

Arpheus
16th December 2010, 03:09
Before making hasting decisions about Jordan maxwell i suggest you do your own homework,you will be surprised after you start digging out some stuff,now dont get me wrong i am not saying everything the man says is truth but he spent pretty much his whole life researching the things he speaks of and a lot of things he says can be easily confirmed if you do your own research.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 04:00
I tried to "soften" my original post but the edit would not take. I wanted to change "anything he says" to a lot, or even some of what he says. I did do some homework, and found his real name or another name he uses is "Russell Pine." I also looked at his website, and watched "debunking" film that catches him in inaccurate information and some of what I consider to be down right deception. In contrast, David Wilcox has made some predictions that didn't happen but I feel he is generally trying to be truthful. Not so with Mr. Pine. I have seen four day-time UFOs with other people as witnesses and had experiences that lead me to believe I may be an abduction subject. So the lid is definitely wide open. I just have grave reservation about Jordan Maxwell and wanted others' opinions and I thank you for yours. I'm not looking for agreement.

Carmody
16th December 2010, 04:04
when in edit mode, hit advanced and then save from there. that's how it works, there's a bug in the software.

Bill Ryan
16th December 2010, 09:36
I did do some homework, and found his real name or another name he uses is "Russell Pine."

Yes, that's correct - Russell Pine is Jordan's real name. This is well known.

But a quick note about names. MANY people have changed their names at some point in their lives for totally valid personal reasons. In itself, it means nothing.

Kerry Cassidy's name is not her own, either - she changed it when she was young and training to be an actress (she makes no secret about it). So have many other people in the public arena. One reason is that they may not like their name. (Anyone here know that feeling?)

Beside 'stage names', another common reason is to protect or insulate close members of their family if one is a public figure, especially a controversial one. To protect your family is not sneaky - it's honorable.

This is not personal at all, but I say this to make the point: pintorider, do you want to reveal your actual birth name here in public for all to see? Maybe not... and of course this is fine. So it is with Jordan. His having a 'real name' is often used to try to discredit him.... it has no bearing on his work.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 15:16
[QUOTE=Bill Ryan;81488]Yes, that's correct - Russell Pine is Jordan's real name. This is well known.
I do understand about wanting to protect one's family. Are you aware of how he chose the name that he current goes by? It's from one of his favorite books by HP Blavatsky. In fact in her theology, Jordanus Maximus is the second person of her "trinity" of Godhead. But on his website he claims he was unaware of this until a rabbi sent him an email telling him. How could this be possible?

I know you have interviewed him personally, Bill. He is a charmng person and an excellent story teller, but his stories about meeting the old man in the old truck and the one when he was a young man meeting his girlfriend's father, both of whom told him he was destined for some great mssion, don't ring true to me. I'm sorry, I'd like to believe him but I just can't. Both these stories are impossible to verify, there can be no "homework" done on them. I have to go with my gut feeling.

And Bill, you wouldn't tell people my real name would you? It's embarrassing enough that I think what I do about myself without my friends finding out.

I figured anyone with a computer could find out Jordan's real name and it was common knowledge. I found it in a lawsuit he was involved in. Something about producing drivers licenses and other "official" paper work. That in itself is troubling to me. Not that the government wouldn't trump up false charges, they would, but again, who do you trust?

This is a general question to everyone: are there people out there in this field who should not be trusted at all, and how do you sort them out? I want the truth and I'm not willing to settle for deception. I've experienced enough of that.

Dale
16th December 2010, 15:24
Are you aware of how he chose the name that he current goes by? It's from one of his favorite books by HP Blavatsky. In fact in her theology, Jordanus Maximus is the second person of her "trinity" of Godhead. But on his website he claims he was unaware of this until a rabbi sent him an email telling him. How could this be possible?

Here's a little story.

Back in college, I wrote a paper about a fellow named "Simon Wheeler." An in-depth analysis of this character. Made it all up on the spot, in one sitting. Little did I know, upon presenting this paper to my professor, that "Simon Wheeler" was a character from a short story by Mark Twain. Not only that, but I had correctly described his characteristics. My professor found this analogy to be brilliant, and awarded me full points. Little did she know I hadn't ever read a single work by Mark Twain, nor was I alluding to his character, "Simon Wheeler," in any conscious way.

Odd synchronicities like this happen all the time, to a wide array of individuals. Things you could never explain away.

conk
16th December 2010, 15:38
As for the OP's thread title, the truth can be ascertained by muscle checking, use of a pendulum, or by dousing. Also, body language, eye movements, and voice analysis.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 15:45
What does "OP" mean?

I like the suggestions about eye movements, body language and voice stress testing. I have studied NLP fairly exensively, used to hold a certification from Richard Bandler and have had a life long interest in body language. It's the eye movements and body language that have brought me to my opinions about JM. I could be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time .

I'm aware of muscle testing and have seen it demonstrated many times. I'm not sure just what it is telling us, though. In contrast, I worked as a surveyor in the early eighties doing topo studies, locating utilities for road work. I used two brass welding rods bent at 90 degrees and held six inches apart. We routinely located underground metal pipes in this manner with complete accuracy. The engineers in the office were unable to explain how this worked but were happy to accept the results. However, not every crew member could do it. I haven't had much luck with a pendulum but may try it again.

jimmer
16th December 2010, 15:45
I'm with pintorider.
when fantastic claims or stories are presented with no hard evidence, then let the buyer beware, no matter how affable the story teller is.
as much as it's fun to speculate a claimant's veracity, only hard proof (photos, objects, eyewitnesses, independent/credible verification)
can make certain that claims are indeed truthful. everything else is purly conjecture and mythical.
that said, I do believe in santa.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 16:31
Yes, I believe you, Dale. It rings true to me that this might happen. However, you never read Mark Twain and JM said that Isis was his favorite book. I must watch the video where David Icke talks with Jordan Maxwell. I get this vivid picture of both of them squaring off in a boxing ring, gloves on, each defending his right to the title of the Second Person in the Trinity! Sorry, I have a wicked sense of humor and it usually comes out when I'm nervous and unsure of my self in a new crowd. I'll settled down, but I hope that skepticism is not suppressed here.

PS I just ordered David Ickes's new book from Amazon and I'm starting to listen to him more. He is amazing and prolific with important things to say.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 18:48
Aaron McColloum. Now I remember. The coast guard member who was also in black ops, supposedly. I had a really hard time believing him, also. I hope I'm not being inappropriate here with this line of inquiry but it is of premiere importance to me that I can weed out the experiencers from the imposters. Utmost importance.

Banshee
16th December 2010, 19:21
I don't find Maxwell's claims to be fantastical at all. He only claims to have been warned about the controllers by more than one individual and has had some moments of awareness where he felt threatened. He's not claiming to have ever been taken aboard the mother ship or being trained as "black ops" - (my god they're everywhere- ought to be called Ops in various shades of grey)- a popular genre right now no doubt. I just love his line of study ( JM) - I don't recall hearing whether he is an etymologist or not, but his exposure of the things we take for granted or don't think about at all, is fascinating. He is particularly charming when he throws in a few "zingers" - silly stuff that is obviously erroneous- almost as though he's testing the audience to see if they're listening or if there is any grey matter present in his audience. I bet his IQ is in the stratosphere ( not that a Eugenics tool is appropriate). Just my opinion, I just like him.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 19:45
He's a likable guy, agreed. In one video however, he made a mockery of etymology with his interpretations of where words come from. Just way off base and wrong. But he's a had a successful career and is very popular with some very mainstream corporations. He has a lot of support from big names. I still can't shake my distrust of him.

Later... Oh wow, the more I look into Jordan Maxwell, the darker the picture looks. He is a long time friend of Anthony J Hilder who is suspected of being the hypnotist who mind controlled Sirhan Sirhan. He also was convicted of selling fraudulent international drivers licenses over the internet as well as selling an illegal schemes to "repair credit." This doesn't look good. He was fined over $444,000 and as he few sources of income, was obviously unable to pay the fine. Usually the government arranges some sort of work exchange in these cases. I wonder who Jordan is working for? Now I'm out to investigate his deeper background, education, (if any) and work history.

bashi
16th December 2010, 20:03
I remember seeing a vid where MJ was giving an intro to a man who claimed that the famous “food of the gods” in ancient Egypt was made out of psychogenic mushrooms.
If he had done his homework, then he should have known better…

pintorider
16th December 2010, 20:11
That was Maxwell's explanation for the "manna from heaven" story in the Bible. Manna was some sort of "magic mushroom" that allowed the Israelis to "talk to God," according to Jordan Maxwell, aka Russell Pine. I think his mistakes go beyond not doing his homework.

Banshee
16th December 2010, 20:44
wow. are you sure? what are your sources? please, share with us asap? try to temper this with the knowledge that Julian Asange is being called a rapist. Just cause its on the net, doesn't make it true.

pintorider
16th December 2010, 21:09
I think you are inquiring about my sources for the convictions and fine imposed on Russell Pine aka Jordan Maxwell. If so I found them on a pdf on the Federal Trade Commission website:

Federal Trade Commission, Plaintiff, v. Jordan Maxwell, also known as Russell Pine, individually and doing business as BBCOA aka BBC of America aka Better Books and Cassettes of America; and Vic Varjabedian aka Victor Varjabedian aka Varouj Varjabedian, individually,Defendants, Civ. No. 03 0128 NM (CWx)
(Central District of California, Western Division)

http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/jordanmaxwell/jordanmaxwell.shtm

If you are referring to the "manna" information, this was taken from a videotaped lecture given some time ago by Jordan Maxwell himself, so I got it straight from him.

Dale
16th December 2010, 21:45
Allow me to take my "mod hat" off for a moment.

Concerning Mr. Maxwell, he is a genuine man who has spent his entire life pursuing truth and reason.

I believe this not only because of my own, personal intuitive readings of the man; but because of later verifications I have received from several well connected "friends."

Without Mr. Maxwell and his work, we would not be here, having this conversation, enjoying the freedom to hold an opinion of any deviation from the standard. These aren't my words, directly, but a representation of what I've heard concerning Maxwell's quite strong push in the opposing direction as many "established" groups. If anyone can be credited with kicking this "movement" into action, it would be Mr. Maxwell.

As for his "criminal record," it is known that many "established" groups work to derail alternative spokesmen, and quite often, turn to clever traps and tricks involving the legal system. It is completely unknowable the extent and circumstances of this case, and even if he had actually committed this forgery, with intent, please explain how it would discredit the work he's dedicated his life to.

That's all I will say concerning this subject. I highly recommend we spend less time pointing fingers at possibilities, and instead focus our time on something a bit more positive, yes?

NancyV
16th December 2010, 21:51
I have given up trying to discern truth from fraud or lies. There are many very charming people who are only tellers of others lies that they believe so you can't feel any energy that they are deliberately lying. There are also charming and charismatic people who are pathological liars and do not exhibit the usual energy or body language that a poor liar might exhibit.

So many people I decided to believe turned out to be liars that I simply don't automatically believe anything anyone says anymore, not even close friends. It's not that I'm negative about what they say but I take in the information, enjoy it or dislike it, but don't take it as the absolute truth.

As far as Jordan Maxwell, he seems rather endearing to me but many people I LIKE are liars. Some people also lie or exaggerate about some things but certainly not all things. Changing his name is no big deal. I've used 8 different names and had passports in several different names.

I like Jordan Maxwell, enjoy his information, but do not believe absolutely in anything he says, nor do I automatically disbelieve anything he says. It's pretty much the same on many other dimensions, but there it can be even MORE difficult to discern truth from lies and the seduction energy is much stronger. So I have found it best to not believe even the most radiant and beautiful of spirits completely. They are very good at deception.

Nancy :)

BrianEn
16th December 2010, 21:54
I like Jordon too. He's always resonated well with me. His work into how language is used was a great eye opener for me.

Cate
16th December 2010, 22:27
msg deleted

pintorider
16th December 2010, 22:29
Thanks, Dale, I appreciate your opinion. Have you personally met Jordan Maxwell? I think crediting him with our basic freedoms of expression as established by the Constitution and our existence on these forums is a very, very curious idea. The reliability of any information is critical and basic. Contrary to being "negative" verifiying the credibility of witnesses is crucial. If that's not the philosophy of this website, I am in the wrong place.

Contrary to JM being opposed by the "Establishment" look at the pictures of him with establishment types on his website and other places. He has been supported and promoted by huge corporations and very mainstream organizations. He was sued in civil court on the complaints of people he "did business" with on the internet. He was selling "International Drivers Licenses" to unsuspecting or desperate illegal immigrants. These aren't exactly "government agents" types. He was also involved in "credit repair" scams. Is there a way you could personally ask him about these things?

If you are sincere in seeking the truth and I don't doubt that you are, why not take a look at this video I've linked? Otherwise, I feel like I am being told to "shut up" about what I've discovered. I'm not into 'debunking" and you and I probably share more beliefs than not but we have to draw a line somewhere. It just so happens that Jordan Maxwell set off alarms in me and he is the first person I have checked out in any depth. I was surprised and disappointed with what I found and felt it was my obligation to share it here so please don't shoot the messenger. I am not trying to be negative "Just gimme some truth," as the late, great John Lennon said.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6255008477234403352&hl=en#

pintorider
16th December 2010, 22:39
Nancy, that was a great post and very useful to me. I especially liked your point about information from "other dimensions." I found that to be very true. I find Jordan Maxwell entertaining as well, but in the end, I am more interested in truth as I figure we all are. Unlike you though, I have not given up trying to discern truth from fraud or lies, although I may very well get to that point as this is frustrating and confusing. Perhaps the answer lies in our "gut" reaction. I'm sure Mr Maxwell would point out that "gut" is "God" in German. Or not. Best Wishes and thanks.

Kudos to Cate too, for a well expressed and thoughtful response.

lightblue
16th December 2010, 23:14
I find Jordan Maxwell entertaining as well, but in the end, I am more interested in truth as I figure we all are. Unlike you though, I have not given up trying to discern truth from fraud or lies, although I may very well get to that point as this is frustrating and confusing. Perhaps the answer lies in our "gut" reaction. I'm sure Mr Maxwell would point out that "gut" is "God" in German. Or not. Best Wishes and thanks.

entertaining yes, responsible not...some impressionable viewers/readers may think his etymology is based on knowledge...he is way off...he probably means best and is genuinelly ignorant of what he presents as facts...i wouldn't recommend his lectures to anyone.. :yu: l

pintorider
17th December 2010, 00:04
entertaining yes, responsible not...some impressionable viewers/readers may think his etymology is based on knowledge...he is way off...he probably means best and is genuinelly ignorant of what he presents as facts...i wouldn't recommend his lectures to anyone.. :yu: l

I would expect that the first responsibility of anyone who attempts to educate the public about anything would be to make sure they had their facts correct. This is obviously not the case with Mr Maxwell. Couple that with his purported (and proven in a court of law) lack of legal ethics and I think we've discovered a problem. Too bad. I wanted to believe him.

str8thinker
17th December 2010, 00:44
This thread is turning into a discussion about Jordan Maxwell's credibility.

Jordan attempts to use semantics and semiotics (cultural signs and symbols) to demonstrate a continuum between today's religions and powerful groups and ancient cultures (The Dawn of a New Day, The Root of All Religions, Vatican Secrets Exposed).

He also admits to being exposed from a really early age to the dark side of the occult, including dinosaurs, reptilians and aliens. I can see no way of proving or disproving this.

The situation reminds me of what might happen were all the books of the Apocrypha to be included in the Bible. There would be a flood of new interpretations. The old, familiar values would be gone forever.

Remember (as others in this thread have pointed out) that he is only a fallible human being. He deserves the recognition earned for raising the issues he has, but must not be exempted from scrutiny of each and every one. Jesus is a fish? Watch Jordan Maxwell Debunked on YouTube for the other side of the story. As truth seekers we are all too prone to accept alternative explanations without enough firm evidence and research. Even then, there may be no single satisfactory conclusion and we need to keep our options open.

Tedious and boring though it may be, there is no substitute for proper scholarship on each and every point he makes. Only scholarship will decide the status of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Zachariah Sitchin's books and Jordan Maxwell's assertions. I dislike the way many of the last seem little more than a glib etymological leap and brook no alternative possibilities.

If we do not keep looking for fresh evidence to confirm or refute his claims, only the passage of time will decide his place in history.

Carmody
17th December 2010, 02:59
I'm with pintorider.
when fantastic claims or stories are presented with no hard evidence, then let the buyer beware, no matter how affable the story teller is.
as much as it's fun to speculate a claimant's veracity, only hard proof (photos, objects, eyewitnesses, independent/credible verification)
can make certain that claims are indeed truthful. everything else is purely conjecture and mythical.
that said, I do believe in Santa.

You are talking about a wave/particle type of duality question and answer.

Perhaps you are unaware that theoreticians, long ago now, have found that there is no such thing as a fact, whatsoever. This is a contradiction as well..as..the only actually known thing that is a fact....is that there are none.

Which is why all scientific theories are exactly that. Theories. Not laws, not one law among them.

the problem came when the 'German school of thought' came about or sprung into existence. it sprung into existence not a few miles from and not a few years away from the Bavarian Illuminati. Hhhmmmmm.

Now, this was done, supposedly, in order to have a rote learning system based on memory and catechisms, etc. This, to create ENGINEERS..engineers who are not to ever speculate but to use formulas and set numbers, books and tables. No theory is to applied to engineering, ever. Obviously. You don't want engineers to 'guess' when designing commercial aircraft. 747's.

Thus, a largely legal term, fact, was co-opted and brought into what was previously a wide open learning system--- that could go anywhere. Then, this system of fabricated 'facts' was allowed to affect theoretical sciences, and thus you had the scholastic excrement wagging the original point, the point of exploration. Somehow, we found ourselves 'factualizing' science, where science was originally about explorations of unknowns.

Suddenly, thermodynamic LAWS say there are things we cannot do ...and the mediocrity of frightened egotistic animals , as poseurs ..in the world of theory ...are angrily telling inventors and explorers what they can and cannot do. What they can and cannot understand. Suddenly we have LAWS (laws are human systems of societal control and punishment) applied to scientific theories. Which is Utter garbage ----of the worst kind. The argument has become circular, and limited by human emotion by literal minded people co-opting invention and theory out of the hands of explorers through a system of societal punishment.

I learn through exploration and finding new things that excite me. I don't explore reality by first limiting myself to never stepping outside of what I 'know'.

In essence, a desire to co-opt reality into hard facts and hard evidence, is not likely to ever happen, in the real world. Mainstream views on reality are exactly that, mainstream... and do not represent the cutting edge, and by sheer extension of simple straightforward logic...NEVER WILL. not for one second. Otherwise it would be mainstream and everyone would know it. What I'm saying is that the world of scientific laws...is the fantasy world. This much should be patently obvious, when you put it to logical analysis, and leave the emotions of it at home.

So, what one is left with.. is to try Jordan's missives on for size, and then keep the data for attempts at correlation with other things and other data/situations. For even the methodology must be altered from the norm. As for norms of information gathering and sifting/correlation... that is not working....is it? So even the methodology must shift. The mind must shift. The direction, the tack must shift. If the old is not getting anywhere, then let the damn thing go, and move on.

And on that note, who am I to judge what Jordan says? I listen and I ponder. And I hope, at times, to find correlation in his data..with mine. Like any sensible soul, I'm smart enough to keep his works and presentations on mind --and I keep looking, I keep test fitting. It's a tough bicycle to learn how to ride, it takes time to learn this sort of thing, to sort it out. I don't expect to find answers quickly or easily, so I keep looking. And Even when I THINK I've got something, I still test it. often.

IMO, the above is one way (out of a veritable legion of ways) to state: How to deal with internal integrity of the self...and the act of exploration of these subjects.

As for some of Jordan's stories. IMO and IME, I will say that if he were to find a way to prove some of the wilder ones, I'm guessing he'd be dead in less than 48 hours.

As an example...recall that Rod Blagojevich went and stood in solidarity with the Glass factory workers, to help protect their jobs, in what, Chicago(?)...and he was removed from public office in about ...14-16 hours. That is how fast it can be. Even faster. That was how fast the response of the big machine was when it came to threats from their own, from inside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Blagojevich

Imagine how fast the hammer would come down on Jordan if he had proofs of some of the bizarre seeming subjects he is covering....and wanted to provide those proofs.

I mean, let say one day your find yourself in a public park, taking a manila envelope from Jordan, and in the envelope is a photo and the corresponding negatives..of a bunch of reptilians in compromising positions with a herd of goats. And at the same time you first scan the images, Jordan's head explodes. Then you run off and show the world and no one believes you, as they simply can't get past and and want to kill/ distrust YOU..the new messenger. So Jordan is dead.. and we're about 0.5 persons further down the road in the shared truths department.

I'd say that's pretty bad value. So let him plug away in the way that he's doing it, it's the smartest thing he can do with such difficult data.

If you really sit down and think it through, some aspects of your argument, some of the things you ask for, are unreasonable, unrealistic and mildly circular.

Another proof...is that for anyone reading this...if you've had ONE single psychic moment that you cannot explain.. then..all expectations to a reasonable world just blew up ...all to ratcrap.

No exceptions, no escaping it.

Anything else is simply 'egotistical fear based rationalizing' thought patterns, that are hiding logic and reasoning processes from a frightened mind, a mind that is being run by ego. It really is that simple. Any other attempt to frame it or shape it or limit it is just your body, the ego, and your origins... crying for their mommy and pouting and holding their breath until they turn blue, trying to force your thoughts into accepting limitations. Accepting limitations out of fear of a vast unknown that has been placed directly front and center on your plate..with no escape back into any kind of comfort of the past. Get over yourself.... and deal with it.

redeyeblue
17th December 2010, 03:25
In my opinion there are quite a few questionable people on project camelot videos, however i find it odd you can accept someone teleporting to Mars yet you find it ridiculous that Jordan Maxwell speaks many truths about world religion. I do not believe or agree with everything Jordan Maxwell has to say, but he does have many interesting facts that are easily checked out so compare those facts with impossible to varify claims of jumprooms to Mars.

RedeZra
17th December 2010, 07:12
first hand experience and research are pretty good at discerning facts from fiction

some would say resonance... but they are just too lazy to research ; )

greybeard
17th December 2010, 09:51
first hand experience and research are pretty good at discerning facts from fiction

some would say resonance... but they are just too lazy to research ; )

I have a problem with the expression "This resonates with me" It implies its true because I think so, feel good about it.
The book "Truth verses Falsehood" by Dr David Hawkins is an eye opener and the result to thirty years of research and scientific testing.
You of course will have to investigate and make up your own mind about the the validity of the book.
Link below.

Regards Chris

http://www.veritaspub.com/product_info.php?cPath=47_48&products_id=153

str8thinker
17th December 2010, 13:18
Thanks Chris. Interesting that reviews of Truth vs. Falsehood are more highly polarized than most. Either it's a great book, or it's deeply flawed. They can't both be right. Anyone considering buying it should read the reviews first.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Review:David_R._Hawkins:Truth_vs_Falsehood (http://peswiki.com/index.php/Review:David_R._Hawkins:Truth_vs_Falsehood http://www.amazon.com/Truth-vs-Falsehood-Tell-Difference/product-reviews/097150072X)
http://www.amazon.com/Truth-vs-Falsehood-Tell-Difference/product-reviews/097150072X
(http://www.amazon.com/Truth-vs-Falsehood-Tell-Difference/product-reviews/097150072X)

greybeard
17th December 2010, 14:19
Thanks Chris. Interesting that reviews of Truth vs. Falsehood are more highly polarized than most. Either it's a great book, or it's deeply flawed. They can't both be right. Anyone considering buying it should read the reviews first.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Review:David_R._Hawkins:Truth_vs_Falsehood (http://peswiki.com/index.php/Review:David_R._Hawkins:Truth_vs_Falsehood http://www.amazon.com/Truth-vs-Falsehood-Tell-Difference/product-reviews/097150072X)
http://www.amazon.com/Truth-vs-Falsehood-Tell-Difference/product-reviews/097150072X
(http://www.amazon.com/Truth-vs-Falsehood-Tell-Difference/product-reviews/097150072X)

Yes I read the reviews which you posted and like everything else its a point of view which may or may not be so.
For me I prefer his later books which are purely on the subject of enlightenment.
If Truth vs Falsehood is read several times then it becomes clear that not everyone has the ability to do the testing and the reasons for that.
Power vs Force is a better book as it is more in depth with less calibrations.
Certainly his resume is exceptional and if anyone today know how the mind and the ego works he does.
Not everyones cup of tea but a lot of what is in his books are of personal practical use for getting me through the day.
If you go to his publishers web site and read about the author it might help you to make a decision as to whether the book is worth reading for you.

http://www.veritaspub.com/index.php?page=about

Regards Chris

Banshee
17th December 2010, 14:30
I have a problem with the expression "This resonates with me" It implies its true because I think so, feel good about it........

.........You of course will have to investigate and make up your own mind about the the validity of the bookl

You were attempting irony above, right?

RedeZra
17th December 2010, 14:33
I have a problem with the expression "This resonates with me" It implies its true because I think so, feel good about it.

Hi Chris

yes it's just a mood a gut feeling and a guess at best ; )

greybeard
17th December 2010, 14:40
You were attempting irony above, right?

Yes im just fooling.
Life is as it is and I like to inject some humor where I can, glad you spotted it.
Regards
Chris

FrankoL
17th December 2010, 14:49
When I was in high school I had a lot of fun with a guy – story teller. In fact when driving a long way home he used to tell all those incredible stories. At least I thought they were so. At that point of time, I was certain, that every single word out of his mouth was a lie (a-priori). This is how I pictured him in my mind.

Once he told a story about tequila, that an original one has a worm inside the bottle. That you suppose to drink it. To me it was so outrageous that I laugh at him for whole bus ride. When I was at home I told my sister about shocking story. She stopped me and immediately explained that this is the matter of fact. I felt so bad and ashamed in that particular moment (about my behavioral in regards to that person).

To make long story short you never know whether or not a person is telling the truth. IMO there is no absolute truth. So what remains is your respect to story teller.

greybeard
17th December 2010, 14:55
When I was in high school I had a lot of fun with a guy – story teller. In fact when driving a long way home he used to tell all those incredible stories. At least I thought they were so. At that point of time, I was certain, that every single word out of his mouth was a lie (a-priori). This is how I pictured him in my mind.

Once he told a story about tequila, that an original one has a worm inside the bottle. That you suppose to drink it. To me it was so outrageous that I laugh at him for whole bus ride. When I was at home I told my sister about shocking story. She stopped me and immediately explained that this is the matter of fact. I felt so bad and ashamed in that particular moment (about my behavioral in regards to that person).

To make long story short you never know whether or not a person is telling the truth. IMO there is no absolute truth. So what remains is your respect to story teller.

In the context of your post yes you are right.
There is probably only one thing that all humans in the un enlightened sate can agree upon and that is.
I am. I exist.
Making a mistake or being wrong is not necessarily a bad thing, I like to think of it as positive feed back. I try not to do it again.
Regards Chris

pintorider
17th December 2010, 14:57
In my opinion there are quite a few questionable people on project camelot videos, however i find it odd you can accept someone teleporting to Mars yet you find it ridiculous that Jordan Maxwell speaks many truths about world religion. I do not believe or agree with everything Jordan Maxwell has to say, but he does have many interesting facts that are easily checked out so compare those facts with impossible to varify claims of jumprooms to Mars.

Good point. I'm not done checking out Mr Basiago yet. The point I was trying to make is I am not a skeptic for the sake of skepticism. Jordan Maxwell has made a career of stating the obvious dressed up in a whole lot of person life fiction, in my opinion. Basiago's background, education, and life story can at least be checked out. Mr Maxwell/Pine's life story is much more muddled and unclear. Basiago's claims are so extreme and different that I believe it is possible to verify. Maxwell's story is "non-falsifiable." Basiago's is not. There's a big difference.

Show me some things that Mr Maxwell says in his lectures that are of an original nature, and that are also accurate and falsifiable and I'll consider tempering my opinion. I agree with you that there are many questionable people on camelot videos and I am making it my work to sort the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. In fact, I took Bill's advice to ask "what can I do to further the Awakening" and this is the answer I got. I don't like this answer and don't want to do it, it's going to make me very unpopular. Boo hoo for me. I'm still doing it. The amount of fear mongering and deception "out there" is staggering.

RedeZra
17th December 2010, 17:00

well you never know if you don't bother to look into it lol