PDA

View Full Version : The Sandn**ger Programmer from Mississippi

Daozen
31st January 2017, 01:02
Some sobering statistics. Makes you wonder who the real snowflakes are... :ROFL::waving:

https://hackernoon.com/the-sandnigger-programmer-from-mississippi-73f131da2c69#.qorrtvamj

robinr1
31st January 2017, 05:14
man.....that was not a good article. also whats with the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi arabia? that's complete bs.

Slant84
31st January 2017, 06:11
Wow. I was initially shocked by the title which quickly drew my interest. There are both pros and cons to the article, but it was very interesting to say the least. One thing I took issue with was the fact that the writer, living in Mississippi , seemed to once again stereotype the South as the land of bigotry. Being a Georgian myself, and growing up in a small town that is approximately 50/50 Caucasian and African American, I can say that I never hear the "N" word or experience racism or bigotry of any significant nature by other Caucasians that I've associated with my entire life. The overwhelming majority of people here are tolerant, intelligent people just as anywhere else you will find. No better, no worse. These problems seem to be more in the larger cities in the US. Both North and South.

Daozen
31st January 2017, 06:50
Wow. I was initially shocked by the title which quickly drew my interest. There are both pros and cons to the article, but it was very interesting to say the least. One thing I took issue with was the fact that the writer, living in Mississippi , seemed to once again stereotype the South as the land of bigotry. Being a Georgian myself, and growing up in a small town that is approximately 50/50 Caucasian and African American, I can say that I never hear the "N" word or experience racism or bigotry of any significant nature by other Caucasians that I've associated with my entire life. The overwhelming majority of people here are tolerant, intelligent people just as anywhere else you will find. No better, no worse. These problems seem to be more in the larger cities in the US. Both North and South.

I'm sure things are better now in the South. I think the author was talking about times in the past, maybe 20 years ago. He's had experiences and wants to get them off his chest. England + Scotland, for example, were a more racist countries 2 decades ago. Aside from the racism, I think the main point he was making was that politicians will choose to blame a scapegoat minority for a countries economic problems, which diverts people's anger away from the shortcomings of the politicial class. Hitler used Jews, modern politicians blame way too much on radical Islam.

Lifebringer
31st January 2017, 11:31
Don't be so sure about it. I've seen that side too often to count, since 1991. VA was going purple.... don't see that now.

Slant84
31st January 2017, 15:44
Thanks for the response Daozen. I didn't want or mean to sound like the crusader for a better South than as generally perceived, but that's exactly what I ended up doing for the most part lol. It just gets old being stereotyped. The Civil War was 150 years ago. Since obviously more African Americans live in the South, I believe that has actually helped us become more tolerant as a region than elsewhere in the US. We live, work, and interact with each other on a daily basis and that has brought us closer to each other. Fear is of the unknown, therefore logically you would find far more racism and bigotry in places where you go and find basically nothing but Caucasian or any other race or ethnicity. But I did find the article very interesting and informative as I said, and I thank you for posting it my friend.

TargeT
31st January 2017, 15:53
Some sobering statistics. Makes you wonder who the real snowflakes are... :ROFL::waving:

https://hackernoon.com/the-sandnigger-programmer-from-mississippi-73f131da2c69#.qorrtvamj

#Triggered