PDA

View Full Version : A Poem.....

Foxie Loxie
12th February 2017, 18:57
This poem is dedicated to all the wonderful people who make up Avalon; my thanks to all who have had a part in my own Personal Journey! :clapping:

All things are too small to hold me. I am so vast.

In the infinite I reach for the Uncreated.

I have touched it, it undoes me...wider than wide.

Everything else is too narrow.

You know this well, you who are also there. :flower:

Written by Hadejwich of Brabant; translated by Jane Hirshfied in "Women in Praise of the Sacred"

ElfeMya
13th February 2017, 03:37
Awwwww, thanks to you :o

conk
16th February 2017, 19:01
If you sit in quiet contemplation and imagine the wonder of yourself, imagine the vastness and unbounded self, you begin to see the world differently. You become more aware of the infinite potential in all of us. As Jeddah Mali calls it, The Sea of Awareness. This sea encompasses everything and all things, and eventually leads you to realize there is only one thing.

Thanks Foxie! In all your red-haired cuteness. ;) My mama always told me to watch out for red headed girls. They'll take you on a wild ride, then break your heart. Of course I had to date 4 or 5 of them in rebellion. Red hair and freckles, oh my God.

Foxie Loxie
16th February 2017, 19:32
Thanks for the Sea of Awareness comment. I'm going to copy down part of what you wrote for a friend! Hope you don't mind my sharing your thoughts! :idea:

And, oh......my "wild ride" days are loooooong over! :wink: