PDA

View Full Version : The Future Doesnt Look Great

The One
21st December 2010, 11:12
As another year approaches, so does another reality. Will it be better or worse than we think? Will the combined effect of job losses, rising taxes and cost, cuts in services and frozen income be as bad as we fear.
For sure, poverty and inequality will increase. But this will make the public realise that our so-called democracy is nothing more than a charade and the real power lies in the hands of the establishment capitalists headed by an un-elected monarchy. It makes no difference which party we vote for because the result is always the same. Elections are just a pantomime. The sort of politicians our systems attract provide little hope of moving towards a fair and equal society and voting for them merely gives our corrupt system more credibility.
Changing the governing political party every now and then will never get to the root of the problem. This next year is going to be grim, especially for those on low incomes. But never mind we are all in it together say our prime minister and cabinet. Now out of the 29 members of the new cabinet 23 of them are worth more than a million each. Now check this link out in relation to their pensions it will make your blood boil http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.derbygripe.co.uk%2Fgovpen.htm&ei=TIsQTeTrKuSAhAe77YG3Dg&usg=AFQjCNHNrgYFwpDs_yL3tf27g0pT_pUUxA

However we have a royal wedding to look forward to. Find solace wherever you can but don’t trust politicians and the government. They are the cause of all our problems. But hey we already new this didn’t we

rhythm
21st December 2010, 11:42
Dont look to the future ....
look to your heart
and change your self ... dear One ...:thumb:

The One
21st December 2010, 12:20
I have already changed dear rhythm in more ways than one (really like your words though) .Our perception will change with our choice of attitude the above thread is to see other peoples views on the topic not just my personal view. And remember the world will be a better place by making ourselves happier people;)

Kulapops
21st December 2010, 13:11
The future's bright, the future's orange.

Must be true, because I read it somehwere.... ;)

I reckon this is a pure case of 'is the glass half full or half empty?'

Engineer's say that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be...!

But seriously folks... good and bad are just relative terms... just like yin and yang.

Think next year will be bad? How many 'legs' do you have, the One? How many arms? Do you still have a nose? Can you see? Can you feed yourself ? Do you need a motorised wheelchair to get around? Are you blind? Are you deaf? Dumb? Do you have a critical life threatening condition? Are you illiterate? Are you eductated? Are you destitute? Do you have no friends? No family? No clothes except the one's you are wearing?

There are many in such conditions, and even they find something to live for, some reason to continue. It's called life. It is what it is, we all suffer in our own way. I'd like to say some more than others, but there are poor people who want for nothing, and downs syndrome people who know happiness like no 'normal' person would....

Hmmm....

and then there are those who get upset when their favourite table at a restaurant is booked....

So I think it's all relative. I'm just going to count my blessings this Christmas. One by One...

Merry Christmas to you and I wish that you have a particularly Happy New Year this year...

Merry Christmas to everyone in fact !

K

morguana
24th December 2010, 15:02
I reckon this is a pure case of 'is the glass half full or half empty?'

Engineer's say that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be...!

Glass is always full, just may not be full of liquid ;)

Just a couple of dhammas.......

Everything arises and passes away.
When you see this, you are above sorrow.
This is the shining way.

Existence is sorrow.
Understand, and go beyond sorrow.
This is the way of brightness.
m

Lost Soul
24th December 2010, 15:51
The paradigm under which we now live is not meeting societal expectations. Unemployment will not improve, in fact, it's worse than the government will admit. The financial crisis continues and the student debt bomb has yet to explode on us. Foreclosures will continue, perhaps at an accelerating rate. China's bubble is near bursting too (but unlike us, China will recover faster because the population has something we don't have - savings).

That said, a great opportunity is presenting itself to us. It is time to turn to spirituality, to relearn that it is not materialism that makes one happy, but spirituality. Many rich have proven that being rich does not necessarily make one happy. A very poor person can be very happy and content with him/herself. It's a matter of plugging into one's innate spiritual being and following the will of that spiritual being as opposed to one's own ego. Then it becomes a collective effort of people working either cooperatively or independently on making this world a better place to live. It begins with oneself and not from any directive of .gov or any religious institution.

Carmody
25th December 2010, 01:32
http://www.larsonsworld.com/images_blog/2010/10/05_pearls_before_swine_20101005.gif

Carmody
25th December 2010, 01:44
http://www.larsonsworld.com/images_blog/2005/050308_ch940306.gif

Humble Janitor
25th December 2010, 06:29
The future will be fine.

I have confidence that things can't possibly get any worse.

Mauree
25th December 2010, 07:07
The thinking is great from those here who have contributated to this Thread. If we live in the "now" then the "Presence" is with one, this presence greatly enhances the moment. So if we all somehow bring the "Monkey Talk" going on in our heads to stillness then the Now is there.

dddanieljjjamesss
25th December 2010, 07:19
hehe if you say so

Connecting with Sauce
25th December 2010, 08:08
I just choose not to buy into what they are selling... I no longer watch the news or read the papers... I still work but have little attachment to the job... plan for a financial blip if/when it happens by investing based on what I can gather is happening with my new found knowledge... Either way inflation will happen just maybe not as badly as the doomers think... and try to detox and eat as healthily as possible whilst working on sorting my sh1t out :) I try to have more than one glass ready to fill...

TigaHawk
25th December 2010, 08:57
if any of yall are living in cities in the US - may i suggest you move out the country and grow you're own food?

My mum pointed out something interesting.

The guy's that sell the oil, are about to stop taking $USD. as payment for oil.

This is because they can see the US$$ is about to hit rock bottom and not be worth anything.

If this happens, the US will have to sell goods to gain $$ in another currency to buy the oil.

The problem with the US doing this, is they've allready shipped out all their industry to china.

If this happens, people will riot. The US is prepared for the rioting with FEMA camps and all the other joyous stuff they've been rolling off the production line that's purpose is to contain us.

If this happens - a big city is not the place to be.

yuhui
25th December 2010, 12:52
Merry Christmas Everyone!:):)
Hey. I also have confidence in human kinds. We have known the truth and we have come so far. And the reality does not frighten us. Even though everything might go worse.
"China's bubble is near bursting too (but unlike us, China will recover faster because the population has something we don't have - savings)."——I'd like to see the bubble burst btw. But here in China there are more and more, at least online, websites like here, and a lot of discussions too.

Do remember: We are at our very best when things are worst.
And we can go through these together!:rofl:

Bright Garlick
27th December 2010, 08:41
Of course there's two types of future. The future with you in it and the one without you in it. Any kind of future that contains any one of us, is further divided into the one in which we see the large scale of worldly events and the one in which we live mindfully in the world and in our bodies. I for one believe that the former has a few little glitches (and life is suffering) and that the later is looking as wonderful as ever. 2 years to the day and I see myself fishing with Clifford Stone and Rachel Bree and watching the 21-12-2012 devotees pooping in their pants, while the other half rejoice in infinite bliss of the 5th density !!!:p

Rocky_Shorz
30th December 2010, 01:22
funny thing is when I was reading the One's post I was thinking the subject was America...

But this will make the public realise that our so-called democracy is nothing more than a charade and the real power lies in the hands of the establishment capitalists headed by an un-elected monarchy. It makes no difference which party we vote for because the result is always the same. Elections are just a pantomime. The sort of politicians our systems attract provide little hope of moving towards a fair and equal society and voting for them merely gives our corrupt system more credibility.

Changing the governing political party every now and then will never get to the root of the problem. This next year is going to be grim, especially for those on low incomes. But never mind we are all in it together...

The poorer people are, the richer their souls...

anyone think the elites have a prayer of being in the 144,000?

Celine
30th December 2010, 01:34
The future doesn't look great...it looks AMAZING!!!

Yes..there are trials and tribulation in our path.

We are strong together.

Yes...the fires of consequence are waiting to burn us

We rise from the ashes.

Time and time again Humanity has survived...

Chaos is on our path.

Dont fear it, embrace it as the catalyst to growth

Another chance to make it right.

Grateful for the chance to truly...be what we are.

Anchor
30th December 2010, 07:51
>The Future Doesnt Look Great

Totally disagree.

Never underestimate the power of the unexpected thing.

Unexpected things have a habit of changing the game.

They are the unmanifest potentials that we affect with our co-creative abilities.

Sure ... some things are going to happen that will make things better or worse depending on who you are, your agenda and your perspective. Typically, those things are set in motion by small groups of dedicated people.

For example: Julian Assange has made a difference. The jury is out on how this is exactly going to play out for mankind, but it is a "thing" and the dice are still tumbling on this one. [As an aside a friend told me that Chairman Mao was once asked what he thought of the French Revolution, his response was: "It is too soon to tell"!]

Enter YOU into the game.

Enter us, as a very powerful co-creator beings that have the power to change the way the game otherwise plays out, if you like instructing those dice on how to fall.

For sure take what has happened as the platform and context for action, but I am going to tell you know - no matter what happens, and no matter what you lot make happen: my future is going to be freaking awesome baby and you are welcome on my timeline.

I implore you to stop dwelling on the shi*ty things and start envisaging how you want things to turn out.

That's all we need to do

.... and it is critical.

John..