PDA

View Full Version : What The Health - New documentary by Cowspiracy director, Kip Anderson

Akasha
29th March 2017, 18:50
Cowspiracy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3302820/) director, Kip Anderson returns with another blockbuster: What The Health (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5541848/?ref_=nv_sr_1).

While Cowspiracy tackled the unhealthy symbiosis between eco-charities and the livestock industry, What The Health highlights the equally unhealthy relationship between health organisations such as The American Cancer Society, The American Heart Association, Susan G. Komen, The American Diabetes Association (to name but a few) and their sponsors which on closer inspection turn out to be big pharma and the meat, dairy and egg industriesÖ..hmmmmm!

From the What The Health website (http://www.whatthehealthfilm.com/):

What the Health is the groundbreaking follow-up film from the creators of the award winning documentary Cowspiracy. The film follows intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the secret to preventing and even reversing chronic diseases Ė and investigates why the nationís leading health organizations donít want us to know about it. With heart disease and cancer the leading causes of death in America, and diabetes at an all-time high, the film reveals possibly the largest health cover-up of our time.
With the help of medical doctors, researchers, and consumer advocates, What the Health exposes the collusion and corruption in government and big business that is costing us trillions of healthcare dollars, and keeping us sick.
Join Kip as he tracks down the leading and most trusted American health nonprofits to find out why these groups are staying silent, despite a growing body of evidence. Audiences will be shocked to learn the insidious roles played by pharmaceutical companies, agribusiness, and processed animal food companies in the nationís health, especially in the most vulnerable communities, and will cheer at the transformation and recovery of those who took their lives into their own hands.
What The Health is a surprising, and at times hilarious, investigative documentary that will be an eye-opener for everyone concerned about our nationís health and how big business influences it.

The documentary can be downloaded in high definition for a small fee at the website.

(Alternatively hereís a couple (https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/17373694/What_The_Health_-_1080p_(2017) of torrents (https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/17383887/What_The_Health_-_SD_(2017))

This documentary is essential viewing for those suffering with any of the following: diabetes, cancer, heart disease, arthritis, blood pressure problems, Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis and asthma (I might have missed a few there too).

ahamkara
30th March 2017, 02:25
Thanks for the link. I just downloaded and watched the "What the Health" on Vimeo. I am not 100% vegan, but "Conspiracy" ended my consumption of dairy and drastically curtailed the animal products I had been ingesting. I feel fantastic and am routinely taken for much, much younger than my biological age. The insidious links between health organizations such as the American Cancer Society or the American Diabetes Association and their willingness to take funding from the very corporations producing products harmful our health is appalling. Taking control of our physical, mental and emotional health is essential to keeping our minds free. Thanks again.

§=[Post Update]=§

Should be "Cowspiracy" Spellcheck....

CurEus
30th March 2017, 03:41
I hope to watch it later.

I tend to be of the opinion that there is a concerted effort to shift people towards vegetarianism and veganism by demonizing and vilifying meat production and consumption. I certainly agree that commercial agriculture is cruel and offensive but can comfortably assert that proper farming techniques are actually profoundly beneficial and to the ecosystem.

Although I believe there may be some benefits for a select few people to being vegan ( ANYTHING is better than the Standard American Diet or boxed "food" ) I also am comfortable asserting one would probably do as well or better just fasting.

I am actually the precise opposite diet wise. I mostly only consume ethically raised animals products for about 6 months of the year. Nose to tail. I don't like sweetmeats though.
Combined with intermittent fasting my way of eating produces powerful healing effects...for me and many others. Meat and water. Some coffee and some fresh lemon juice occasionally. I look at spices, plants and herbs not as "seasonings" but as medicines. I do consume quite a bit of salt though. I've lost about 35 lbs effortlessly. ( 26 since January)

Few if any fruits or vegetables today look anything remotely like they did 500 years ago.

As an intentional and respectful carnivore I do not feel a "karmic debt" collecting...My perspective surely differs from others. I also do not consume other carnivores or apex predators.

I tend to favour the discussions about a "pre history" where there was little need to "consume" other living things for sustenance and nourishment. Plant or animal. That era was purportedly when our earth was smaller, oxygen levels were triple what they are today, Earth had a permanent cloud canopy and the sun was considerably less "harsh". As the story goes, the water shield collapsed...animals became aggressive, some poisonous and they began eating one another. A fall from grace as it were.

I am of 2 minds about "laboratory meat". I tend to avoid anything from a commercial lab but cannot help but feel that we could break free from the need for something else to die to feed us...grow the steak! ....or perhaps we could skip ahead to Star Trek and just have protein molecules assemble themselves into a meal? Not quite there yet but 3d printing protein is being tested. I am not a proponent of GMO or excessive hybridization either. Look at what we've done to wheat in 4000 years!!

My 4 closest vegan friends are now consuming meat. Why? Because they became VERY sick and ill on their "perfect" vegan diets. Some even became somewhat psychotic. Most cults restrict sleep, animal proteins and fats from the diets of initiates...the brain then shuts down quite a few higher order processes. The dogma and doctrine is constantly repeated.......The "cult" of veganism is no different imho.
http://www.workingpsychology.com/cultdef.html

The ongoing attack on meat seems agenda driven and conspiratorial to me. So, in closing some VERY select few people seem to "thrive" as vegans but I've only met maybe a handful and to be honest they actually seemed to have transcended the need for food altogether.

Akasha
30th March 2017, 11:59
I hope to watch it later.

I tend to be of the opinion that there is a concerted effort to shift people towards vegetarianism and veganism by demonizing and vilifying meat production and consumption. I certainly agree that commercial agriculture is cruel and offensive but can comfortably assert that proper farming techniques are actually profoundly beneficial and to the ecosystem.

Although I believe there may be some benefits for a select few people to being vegan ( ANYTHING is better than the Standard American Diet or boxed "food" ) I also am comfortable asserting one would probably do as well or better just fasting.

I am actually the precise opposite diet wise. I mostly only consume ethically raised animals products for about 6 months of the year. Nose to tail. I don't like sweetmeats though.
Combined with intermittent fasting my way of eating produces powerful healing effects...for me and many others. Meat and water. Some coffee and some fresh lemon juice occasionally. I look at spices, plants and herbs not as "seasonings" but as medicines. I do consume quite a bit of salt though. I've lost about 35 lbs effortlessly. ( 26 since January)

Few if any fruits or vegetables today look anything remotely like they did 500 years ago.

As an intentional and respectful carnivore I do not feel a "karmic debt" collecting...My perspective surely differs from others. I also do not consume other carnivores or apex predators.

I tend to favour the discussions about a "pre history" where there was little need to "consume" other living things for sustenance and nourishment. Plant or animal. That era was purportedly when our earth was smaller, oxygen levels were triple what they are today, Earth had a permanent cloud canopy and the sun was considerably less "harsh". As the story goes, the water shield collapsed...animals became aggressive, some poisonous and they began eating one another. A fall from grace as it were.

I am of 2 minds about "laboratory meat". I tend to avoid anything from a commercial lab but cannot help but feel that we could break free from the need for something else to die to feed us...grow the steak! ....or perhaps we could skip ahead to Star Trek and just have protein molecules assemble themselves into a meal? Not quite there yet but 3d printing protein is being tested. I am not a proponent of GMO or excessive hybridization either. Look at what we've done to wheat in 4000 years!!

My 4 closest vegan friends are now consuming meat. Why? Because they became VERY sick and ill on their "perfect" vegan diets. Some even became somewhat psychotic. Most cults restrict sleep, animal proteins and fats from the diets of initiates...the brain then shuts down quite a few higher order processes. The dogma and doctrine is constantly repeated.......The "cult" of veganism is no different imho.
http://www.workingpsychology.com/cultdef.html

The ongoing attack on meat seems agenda driven and conspiratorial to me. So, in closing some VERY select few people seem to "thrive" as vegans but I've only met maybe a handful and to be honest they actually seemed to have transcended the need for food altogether.

A very in-depth post there considering you've yet to watch the subject material, but your input is appreciated all the same, however if you intend to play the antagonist, it might be prudent to watch the documentary first, just so you know what you are actually criticising. That said, would you be kind enough to share your thoughts on the documentary once you have watched it?

I'm also intrigued by your friends' failure to maintain their vegan diets. Can you go into more detail about exactly what sicknesses they incurred and specifically what they were eating?

Finally I couldn't help noticing that in your closing sentence, you mentioned that some vegans you had met "seemed to have transcended the need for food altogether". I was just curious, if you only "met" them how would you know? Surely you would need to be with them 24/7 for a prolonged period of time to verify such a fantastic statement.