PDA

View Full Version : Does consciousness have a memory?

Tangri
30th April 2017, 22:36
I want to ignite this argument for a long time but my body consciousness was very busy with the daily life.

I believe, we should separate the soul and consciousness or put definitions before start an argument.
Of course, this is not a scientific theory and arguments will be based on personal belief systems which would be different than other's.
Belief system is generated by religious, ideological, philosophical ingredients. As 3000 Avalon (active -semi active) members and 30. 000 viewers (1/10 ratio based :rolleyes:) 33.000 different opinions. Intent is here, not create a conflict but rather establish a trade, between different observers- participants.

I believe or for it; A soul is an earthly entity while consciousness is an universal independent observer without any personal memory.
Our DNA has a memory bank and sometimes, our body consciousness can access to the trace data in those old memories.

Since, soul is a local(earthly) entity, consciousness is a guest (or a prisoner for temporally) for observation in that body, in my view.
Can a soul be trapped(or kidnapped) by extra dimensional-terrestrial forces or may leave the earthly bound?

Bill Ryan
30th April 2017, 23:23
Semantics. :)

The soul (or spirit) is the non-physical entity, so to speak, and consciousness is the property or quality that it has.

The soul (or spirit) has a memory, for sure, and consciousness is the quality that enables us to access that memory (maybe with a little help and processing across lifetimes).

ghostrider
30th April 2017, 23:27
Soul is temporary, it contains the psyche, it goes away when we die, the spirit is eternal, it records thoughts actions and feelings, and does have memory, all stored in the akashic records, a giant mass of greenish energy that envelopes earth ... Consciousness has memory, its connected to Creation and has knowledge of every single life that has ever lived ... we really are all one ... energy in material form ...

enigma3
1st May 2017, 01:22
Consciousness is awareness as it expresses itself in duality. Thus it has memory. Memory and karma are first cousins. There is also unconsciousness, so consciousness exists in duality. It does not exist in non-duality. In non-duality there is just awareness with no need for any memory. It simply exists, no belief needed. Consciousness becomes unconscious (usually) at death. Then we are awareness with karma attached until after awakening or rebirth. If rebirth the cycle begins again. The karmic load gets us reincarnated. Enlightenment usually is way past awakening. The Tibetans call it the state of no more learning. Karma slowly burns off after awakening. Usually. Sometimes right away, sometimes longer.

Awakening is when your unconscious becomes conscious. So looking at it from the vantage point of a human, after awakening all is consciousness. After dropping the body it becomes awareness. After awakening, a true awakening, you live in the now all the time. There is light all the time everywhere. And no need for memory. So that is seen as not needed and dies.

Another important point here is that the body, being attached to karma, has its own karma to live out. Memory plays an important part here.

Tangri
1st May 2017, 03:33
Semantics. :)

The soul (or spirit) is the non-physical entity, so to speak, and consciousness is the property or quality that it has.

The soul (or spirit) has a memory, for sure, and consciousness is the quality that enables us to access that memory (maybe with a little help and processing across lifetimes).

:blushing:

I was concern on cross cultural crushes like this. It must done any way because of the confusing between nominalisim and philosophical realism.

Semantic differentials can be used to measure opinions, attitudes and values on some controlled scales. (Without this we can not talk on attachments effects on humans.)
I was trying to build a trade between different opinions and cultures. Some culture and languages have a different meaning of soul and consciousness. Eastern cultures believe soul has responsibility to the god while consciousness respond to the human made laws.

My initial intend was, to ignite the question of, what is passing through "when,/if someone attempts to use viewing windows(western version is looking glass) to transfer a person with that device, ? soul or consciousness.

Mark Richards(strangers to the name can look Kerry's interviews) believes he is innocent by Human laws and not responsible out of body actions.

JChombre
1st May 2017, 18:44
http://thejohnfox.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/iceberg-1421411_960_720.jpg

Thank you Tangri for starting this thread. Over the years, I have struggled to understand what the soul and/or spirit is. So, I appreciate the opportunity to learn about this subject here.

I agree with you that if we consider our various languages and cultures, what passes through looking glass, and something about Mark Richards; then, talking about the “soul” and/or “spirit” is a big challenge.

So to make it simple, I am just going to focus on my understanding of “soul” and “spirit.” I am borrowing some of the information provided by Enigma, Bill, Ghostrider and you. And I appreciate and thank the four of you for helping me understand this topic.

In the picture, what is above water (and that we can see) represents our 3D world of duality. What is below the water (and that we cannot see) represents the non-physical world, or non-duality, or singularity.

The iceberg in the picture represents the “spirit” of man. For some people, the iceberg can represents the “soul” of man, and that’s fine. It is semantics, and not really important but I prefer to use the iceberg to represent the “spirit” of man.

Before birth, the spirit of man is completely submerged under the water, it exists in the non-duality world, in singularity.

At birth (or some 3-6 months before birth), the spirit projects a small portion of itself in the 3D world. In the picture, it is the portion of the iceberg shown above the water.

In reality, we cannot see the portion of the spirit that is projected in the physical 3D world but it is shown in the picture to help up understand that spirit exists in our physical world.

The portion of the spirit that is projected in 3D goes by several names: consciousness, conscious mind, or soul… I prefer to use consciousness. And its purpose is to help man live in the 3D physical world.

As described in this thread, consciousness has several characteristics:
• Operates in duality, 3D.
• Attached to the physical body
• Carries memory (no awareness), and karma
• Stops at death and merges into unconsciousness
• Starts again when we reincarnate, if karma exists
• Does not exist in awakened people, where only unconsciousness exists.

The portion of the spirit that always exists in non-duality in the non-physical world, is represented in the picture by the portion of the iceberg shown below the water.

This portion of the spirit goes by several names: unconsciousness, unconscious mind, universal mind, or spirit… I prefer to use unconsciousness. And it is part of or is always connected to Source, God, All-That-Is.

As described in this thread, unconsciousness has several characteristics:
• Operates in non-duality, in singularity.
• Attached to the non-physical body (ies)
• Carries awareness (no memory), and no karma
• Eternal, not interrupted at death
• Exists in awakened people since they don’t have consciousness

The unconsciousness seldom gets involved in our 3D life. However, in critical situations, it overrides the conscious mind and conveys the needed information directly to us. It is usually a powerful experience that we don’t forget.

Thank you.

JC

Tangri
1st May 2017, 21:57
Now, I think, it is time to ask second question.

Do attachments ( Archons, earthbound phosters , jinni, demons, aeons) act like our consciousness or do they have own their consciousness?