PDA

View Full Version : Veterans feel abandoned after secret drug experiments

Tangri
22nd May 2017, 23:33
The moment 18-year-old Army Pvt. Tim Josephs arrived at Edgewood Arsenal in 1968, he knew there was something different about the place.
"It just did not look like a military base, more like a hospital," recalled Josephs, a Pittsburgh native. Josephs had volunteered for a two-month assignment at Edgewood, in Maryland, lured by three-day weekends closer to home.
"It was like a plum assignment," Josephs said. "The idea was they would test new Army field jackets, clothing, weapons and things of that nature, but no mention of drugs or chemicals."
But when he went to fill out paperwork the morning after his arrival, the base personnel were wearing white lab coats, and Josephs said he had second thoughts. An officer took him aside.
"He said, 'You volunteered for this. You're going to do it. If you don't, you're going to jail. You're going to Vietnam either way -- before or after,'" Josephs said recently.

"The whole thing stinks, and if the American people knew about it, they would not tolerate it. This kind of behavior toward our veterans would not be allowed to happen"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/01/health/human-test-subjects/

Cardillac
23rd May 2017, 20:03
if I may add some info (albeit old/passè) to this topic:

in the mid 60's my aunt's best friend's son-in-law was inducted into the US army and a few days after being mass-vaccinated became parylized from the waist down;

a British friend of mine told me during his tour of duty in the early 90's in the middle east that very often the "Doc" (accompanied by a commanding officer) would come in and hand out pills to the soldiers who were told these pills would protect them from chemical/germ warfare (yes you read that correctly)-

my contact smelled a rat, just pretended to swallow the pills and once the boss left the room spit the pills out-

in following yrs. he kept in contact with many of his army buddies and ALL who swallowed the pills came down with strange, debilitating conditions the doctors in the UK could not diagnose- you go figure-

"military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used for political purposes"- Henry Kissinger

be well all-

Larry