+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a drone at night might look like

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,525 times in 5,655 posts

Default What a drone at night might look like

It looks like either the person couldnt focus or intentional at keeping the zoom out of focus but really interesting capture that might have fooled except that it takes short jogs to provide a small clue.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

EFO (1st October 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th September 2017), justntime2learn (30th September 2017), KiwiElf (30th September 2017), Magnus (30th September 2017), Nasu (30th September 2017), Noelle (30th September 2017), Spiral (30th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (30th September 2017), toppy (30th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Default Re: What a drone at night might look like

With the advent of drones, genuine UFO spotting has become just that much more difficult (and easily explained away... ). A few months ago at night, a drone had me momentarily fooled: it was a clear night and the drone was performing some very characteristic "UFO behaviour". Only when it got over my place and hovered, could I faintly hear the whirring of its tiny electric motors.

4. Link to Post #3
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

I still have yet to see a video of a nighttime UFO making sharp angle turns, which was commonly described in early Ufology. This characteristic distinguished a genuine UFO from conventional aircraft. However in this time when almost any event can be videotaped, this characteristic is absent. I wonder if it is true that the UFO phenonomena always evolve with our cultural development.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th September 2017), KiwiElf (30th September 2017), mojo (30th September 2017), Noelle (30th September 2017), Spiral (30th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (30th September 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Yep, they can't do a hard right angled turn or accelerate or stop instantly. A Chinese firm (EHang) is developing a 1-seat person-carrying version; for all intensive purposes, it's a big drone with the cabin sitting on top. (As a design improvement, I would add a ducted fan around those props: some clown is likely to walk into them and get their legs chopped off!) They do provide extraordinary maneuverability and speed compared to a conventional aircraft or helicopter

Chinese drone manufacturer EHang has unveiled the world's first fully electric autonomous aerial vehicle capable of carrying one person over short distances

Last edited by KiwiElf; 30th September 2017 at 07:50.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

Droneracing Nightfootage

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th September 2017), justntime2learn (30th September 2017), mojo (30th September 2017), Noelle (30th September 2017), Spiral (30th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (30th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    With the advent of drones, genuine UFO spotting has become just that much more difficult (and easily explained away... ). A few months ago at night, a drone had me momentarily fooled: it was a clear night and the drone was performing some very characteristic "UFO behaviour". Only when it got over my place and hovered, could I faintly hear the whirring of its tiny electric motors.
    If any thing, the drones of today have helped with UFO sightings.
    Get a full on one hundred percent sure sighting, then call it a UFO

Not just some distant out of focus light
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th September 2017), KiwiElf (30th September 2017), mojo (30th September 2017), Noelle (30th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by syrwong (here)
    I still have yet to see a video of a nighttime UFO making sharp angle turns, which was commonly described in early Ufology. This characteristic distinguished a genuine UFO from conventional aircraft. However in this time when almost any event can be videotaped, this characteristic is absent. I wonder if it is true that the UFO phenonomena always evolve with our cultural development.
    I haven't seen a video of that either, but I have seen it in real life, several years ago, it was pretty mindblowing !

From what we can see it seems that they won't let anyone film anything that would convince a skeptic, only things that may look like ufos to believers.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (1st October 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th September 2017), KiwiElf (3rd October 2017), Sunny-side-up (1st October 2017), syrwong (1st October 2017)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote From what we can see it seems that they won't let anyone film anything that would convince a skeptic, only things that may look like ufos to believers.
    Hi Spiral I believe this as well and discussed it in a past thread.... but not sure all of them but some and use that small subterfuge top protect contactees from our own people like the MIB types.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st October 2017), KiwiElf (3rd October 2017), Sunny-side-up (1st October 2017)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

...did a recent analysis on one of my first uploads a non-blinking light type that has similarities to the ones that came later. The date is wrong and should say Oct 19, 2010. Usually dont use music but in this case there was no pertinent audio on the clip so forgive for that indulgence...
    The date is before drones became so common and it was very expensive proposition for the early models but also a star helps show perspective and travel direction.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st October 2017), KiwiElf (3rd October 2017), Sunny-side-up (1st October 2017)

17. Link to Post #10
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

The "manoeuvres" are just basic flip function available on even cheap sub £80 toy class drones like Syma brand

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

KiwiElf (3rd October 2017), mojo (1st October 2017)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

The movement is a giveaway for sure but what are your thoughts about filming style? Sadly have encountered a few that would intentionally blow the focus out of sharpness to create a so called fire-ball even after telling the person to take it off auto focus and dont zoom in so far but they still did it. Do you think this person just has the passion and really not intentional on keeping the drone a mystery?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

KiwiElf (3rd October 2017)

21. Link to Post #12
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    The movement is a giveaway for sure but what are your thoughts about filming style? Sadly have encountered a few that would intentionally blow the focus out of sharpness to create a so called fire-ball even after telling the person to take it off auto focus and dont zoom in so far but they still did it. Do you think this person just has the passion and really not intentional on keeping the drone a mystery?
    Filming style I would say is by chance. I don't bother trying to film my little "kids" Drone anymore when its up even in the day as you can barely see anything.
    At night with the led's it would look very different and more visible - but the small size of these toys when lit up at night makes gauging distance very awkward, it's hard enough in daylight.( and we are only talking 70 foot max distance of the cheap drones like I beleive the vid shows.
    I think the observer filmed what he could see and as best as he could - and end result is just as we see.
    I can also imagine the observer thinking "ufo" when he saw it especially if they are unfamiliar with a toy drones flight capabilities.

This short video below shows the problems had trying to keep a drone in focus whilst trying to demonstrate the flip function on a cheap syma drone. ( btw for $50 its a good little toy to play around with at any age lol ! )

Last edited by Did You See Them; 2nd October 2017 at 13:26.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

KiwiElf (3rd October 2017), mojo (2nd October 2017)

+ Reply to Thread