+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: Catalan Referendum: Catalonia has 'won right to statehood' but 'not seeking traumatic split'

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Default Re: What's up with Cataluña (Catalonia)?... Spain???

it´s done
    .... truely i like to huge phisicaly to everyone her....one by one..
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

angelfire (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2017), Matthew (3rd October 2017), Nasu (3rd October 2017), RunningDeer (4th October 2017), toppy (4th October 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

This is all staged, from the begining to the end....
    now none talks about what the Cataluña gob has robed or what spanish gob has robed....
    this is all dived people fighting each other, Catalunians for fake freedome and spanish national police for a salary...truth...boommmm

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2017), muxfolder (4th October 2017), Nasu (3rd October 2017), RunningDeer (4th October 2017), toppy (4th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

I live in Barcelona. My wife and two children are Catalan. I waited 3 hours to vote. This is what the NWO thought of our right to vote.

This is what the NWO order thought of our passive resistance

Women have come forward to explain how they were sexually assulted.

And after a long hard day of hitting thousands of people and injuring hundreds this is how the NWO welcomes their police force home.

This is how the Catalans are reacting...

Si us plau, avui (ni mai) no insultem, no amenacem (ho estan esperant). Ni cas als provocadors:
    CANTEM, SOMRIEM i GAUDIM!!!

Please today (nor never) don't insult them, don't threaten them(they are waiting). don't be provocative:

We sing and enjoy!!!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th October 2017), betoobig (3rd October 2017), Bill Ryan (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), muxfolder (4th October 2017), Nasu (3rd October 2017), RunningDeer (4th October 2017), skogvokter (4th October 2017), toppy (4th October 2017), Wind (4th October 2017), wnlight (4th October 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Catalan Referendum: Catalonia has 'won right to statehood' but 'not seeking traumatic split'

Catalan referendum: Region's independence 'in matter of days'

King Felipe VI: "Catalan society is fractured"

Catalonia will declare independence from Spain in a matter of days,
    the leader of the autonomous region has told the BBC.In his first
    interview since Sunday's referendum, Carles Puigdemont said his
    government would "act at the end of this week or the beginning of next".

Meanwhile, Spain's King Felipe VI said organisers of the vote put
    themselves "outside the law".He said the situation in Spain was
    "extremely serious", calling for unity.Hundreds of thousands of
    people across Catalonia have been protesting over Spanish police
    violence during the vote, during which nearly 900 people were hurt.
    During the vote, 33 police officers were also injured, local medical
    officials said.

read more...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41493014

==============================================

Catalonia strikes back over brutality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbB1Jb0kVk

Published on 3 Oct 2017...France 24
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 3rd October 2017 at 22:24.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Default Re: Catalan Referendum: Catalonia has 'won right to statehood' but 'not seeking traumatic split'

THE DEBATE - Catalonia: What's the next move?

Published on 3 Oct 2017...France 24

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    I live in Barcelona. My wife and two children are Catalan. I waited 3 hours to vote. This is what the NWO thought of our right to vote.

This is what the NWO order thought of our passive resistance

Women have come forward to explain how they were sexually assulted.

And after a long hard day of hitting thousands of people and injuring hundreds this is how the NWO welcomes their police force home.

This is how the Catalans are reacting...

Si us plau, avui (ni mai) no insultem, no amenacem (ho estan esperant). Ni cas als provocadors:
    CANTEM, SOMRIEM i GAUDIM!!!

Please today (nor never) don't insult them, don't threaten them(they are waiting). don't be provocative:

We sing and enjoy!!!
    Más españoles de lo que os pensais están con vosotros, ojalá pudiera escribirlo en catalán. Al final los tiranos son los mismos, pero, y lo tengo muy claro, la sociedad catalana se organizaría para limpiar de ladrones su país (igual que los Islandeses). Os deseo, desde Burgos, lo mejor, la independencia (que sería el primer paso). Después "limpiar" la casa sería más fácil. Y . ni qué decir tiene, que fuera del euro os iría mejor. Forca la gent
    From Bill: translation added... a little clunky, but the points are clear.
    More Spaniards than you think are with you; I wish I could write it in Catalan. In the end the tyrants are the same, but, and I see it very clearly, Catalan society would organize to clean their country of thieves (just like the Icelanders). I wish you, from Burgos, the best, the independence (that would be the first step). Then "cleaning" the house would be easier. And what can one say? Outside the euro, you would be better off. Power to the People...
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th October 2017 at 04:29.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th October 2017), Bill Ryan (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), mountain_jim (4th October 2017), muxfolder (4th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), skogvokter (4th October 2017), sunwings (4th October 2017), Wind (4th October 2017), wnlight (4th October 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Disgusting. If I were from that place, like you, with a heritage that spanned the whole scope of Spain and wanted to remain part of Spain, after all that terrible behavior by the authorities so called i would want to be independent of that. In fact I want to be independent of this planet from time to time, the way it is going. lol.

But we are all on the same ride, so must make it work. It seems to me that the fragile democracy of Spain after Franco is not a democracy at all, just a word to hide the truth, it is a dictatorship, much as the rest of the world. Only when the people scratch beneath the surface do we see our home countries for what they are - Tax and commercial revenue farms for the 1% and so called political classes... N

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th October 2017), betoobig (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), RunningDeer (4th October 2017), skogvokter (4th October 2017), Wind (4th October 2017), wnlight (4th October 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

The Catalonian referendum was the topic of Nigel's radio show. I don't think Mr
    Junker will be tuning in....

This is quite a lively and interesting phone in at times...

The Nigel Farage Show: The EU's Response to Catalonia.
    Live LBC - 3rd October 2017

Published on 3 Oct 2017
    The Nigel Farage Show:The EU's Response to Catalonia.
    Live LBC - 3rd October 2017. (Edited Version)
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 4th October 2017 at 00:14.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Disgusting. If I were from that place, like you, with a heritage that spanned the whole scope of Spain and wanted to remain part of Spain, after all that terrible behavior by the authorities so called i would want to be independent of that. In fact I want to be independent of this planet from time to time, the way it is going. lol.

But we are all on the same ride, so must make it work. It seems to me that the fragile democracy of Spain after Franco is not a democracy at all, just a word to hide the truth, it is a dictatorship, much as the rest of the world. Only when the people scratch beneath the surface do we see our home countries for what they are - Tax and commercial revenue farms for the 1% and so called political classes... N

agree my brother..... nothing but nacianalist against nacionalist going on here...programed people agoindt programed people

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), wnlight (4th October 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I was going to ask your perspective about this situation earlier in in the week, Juan.
    Then you made this thread.. So much trouble in the world. Much love to all.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Catalans take to streets against police violence in referendum vote - BBC Newsnight

Published on 4 Oct 2017
    Gabriel Gatehouse reports from Barcelona on the protests
    against police violence in the Catalan referendum.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017), Wind (4th October 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

A good analogy is to imagine an unhappy forty year marriage. The woman has been trying for years to explain to her husband why she is unhappy. The husband just refuses to listen, refuses to sit down to talk and continues insulting and abusing her. When the woman goes to the courts for a divorce they quickly point out that the agreement of their marriage is permanent. Now the children of this marriage are waking up and saying we need to claim back our sovereignty. We need to get up off our knees and stand side by side against our abusive father.

The world leaders, E.U. and U.N. have been very quiet. This is far more serious than Brexit. Britons played the game by the rules. In Catalonia we are attempting (passively) to throw away the rule book. I really feel this is more than a push for independence. This is humanity throwing off the shackles. Yesterday we shut down the country. Tractors blocked motorways. Young, old, frail, rich and poor were standing side by side to close down the cities. Every night at 10pm millions of us bang pots and pans in protest and we will continue to do this.

In this clip the people pushed the police back, stopping them from entering the school and taking away the box of votes. Hands in the air, chanting we will vote! No violence, just standing shoulder to shoulder.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Jayke (4th October 2017), muxfolder (4th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), Wind (4th October 2017), wnlight (4th October 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    agree my brother..... nothing but nacianalist against nacionalist going on here...programed people agoindt programed people
    The rules of aerodynamics explain how an airplane is able to fly. Anything that moves through air reacts to aerodynamics.
    Last edited by indigopete; 4th October 2017 at 11:37.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), sunwings (4th October 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

We have the Scottish example in the UK, and we see that the politicians seeking to build the replacement state at a more local level are potentially no less corrupt or anti-democratic than the Politicians in London.

It is also a concern that if the EU functions OK, and is seen to function OK, it could be a driver for bits of many nations to break away - but of course, remaining in the EU. This fragmentation would then make a Macron style agenda for streamlining the EU level political process - ie greater centralisation, less democracy, fewer or no veto rights INEVITABLE. it is happening. The Soviet is being built now.

If we wish for more transparency, democracy and individual freedom, then what should we, the people, strategically do? Should we try to bolster the existing nation states, if they are not destabilised can we build more accountability into those structures? Maybe-

My gut says anything promoting more democracy at a local level will get people involved, and that must be good. Those people will push for reform once they begin to see the tyranny.
    My gut also says that the brutality going on now, which I saw personally there in 1992, will also awaken people. So yes to secession but it is a very either-or argument.

[IMG][/IMG]
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), indigopete (4th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), sunwings (4th October 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

CrossTalk: Catalonia Rising

Published on 4 Oct 2017
    The people of Catalonia went to the polls seeking independence.
    The Spanish state reacted with force against peaceful voters. Still
    again the question arises: What is the EU’s commitment to democracy?
    And who is allowed self-determination?
    CrossTalking with Matt Qvortrup, Matthew Goodwin, and John Laughland.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2017), Billy (16th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Gaia (5th October 2017), Nasu (19th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Pro-independence Catalans defy King Felipe VI's warning

Short vid on link...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41498685
    Carles Puigdemont spoke to the BBC on Tuesday evening

Pro-independence Catalan leaders are pressing ahead despite an emphatic warning
    from King Felipe VI.Catalan President Carles Puigdemont told the BBC he would
    declare independence "at the end of this week or the beginning of next".
    The European Union said it was "time to talk" to find a solution to the crisis in
    Catalonia.Commission Vice-President Frans Timmermans said the Spanish
    constitution must be followed.Mr Timmermans, addressing the European
    Parliament, described the images of violence from Catalonia as "saddening", but
    emphasised the importance of upholding the rule of law.

In his intervention, late on Tuesday, King Felipe branded Sunday's referendum in
    the north-eastern Spanish region illegal and undemocratic.But correspondents say
    his failure to acknowledge the violent repression of the vote has fired up rather
    than deterred independence supporters.Meanwhile, Spain's high court has
    summoned the head of Catalonia's regional police force to testify as a suspect in a
    investigation of alleged sedition - inciting rebellion against the state.

Josep Lluís Trapero and three other people are expected to appear in court on
    Friday in a move likely to inflame sentiment further amid Spain's deepest political
    crisis in decades, say correspondents.

read more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41498685

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (4th October 2017), Bill Ryan (21st October 2017), Billy (16th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th October 2017), Gaia (5th October 2017), Nasu (19th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Catalonia referendum: Spain apologises to injured Catalans

The Spanish government's representative in Catalonia has
    apologised to those injured during police efforts to stop
    Sundays independence referendum.

read more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41523250

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2017), Billy (16th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Catalan leader wants to 'follow people's will for independent state'

Published on 10 Oct 2017
    The ballots say Yes to independence this is the will that I want to
    go forward with," Mr Puigdemont tells parliament."At this historical
    moment as the president of Catalonia, I want to follow people's will
    for Catalonia to become an independent state."
    Article share tools

============================================

Catalan leader suspends declaration of independence,
    offers dialogue with Madrid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lEzTUMzlA
    Published on 10 Oct 2017
    The Catalan leader says he "assumes the mandate that Catalonia should
    become an independent state in the form of a republic." Local leaders
    signed what they called “a declaration of independence”, suspending it
    temporarily though to facilitate dialogue with Madrid

Catalonia: Spain issues deadline to separatists

11th October 2017

31 minutes ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41588819

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th October 2017 at 20:03.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2017), Billy (16th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th October 2017), Nasu (19th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

As Catalonia Plans Independence from Spain, Julian
    Assange Advises Organizers on Secure Messaging

Published on 10 Oct 2017

https://democracynow.org - Barcelona’s Mayor Ada Colau is calling for
    Spain to remove thousands of state police who have been deployed to
    Catalonia ahead of tonight’s expected declaration of independence by
    regional President Carles Puigdemont, possibly triggering intervention
    by Spanish forces. We speak with WikiLeaks founder and editor-in-chief
    Julian Assange, who has been advising those pushing to secede on how
    to communicate securely even as the state pushes back.

Can Spain keep it together? Madrid ponders direct rule in Catalonia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSAzXz0crW8

Published on 11 Oct 2017....France 24
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th October 2017 at 20:00.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2017), Billy (16th October 2017), Ewan (17th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Catalonia Countdown: Madrid gives Puigdemont until Thursday to clarify region's position

Published on 16 Oct 2017
    The president of Catalonia now has until Thursday to definitively state whether the region is
    going ahead with trying to break away from Spain. A deadline set by Madrid for a 'yes' or no'
    answer elapsed earlier on Monday, but the Catalan leader still refused to clarify the position.
    And now leaders in Madrid are pushing for a decisive answer.

====================================================

Catalonia independence: Madrid demands "a simple Yes or No response"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqkZUlQZsM

Published on 16 Oct 2017...France 24
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 16th October 2017 at 18:06.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2017), Billy (16th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th October 2017), regnak (27th October 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast