+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you see when you watch this short clip?

1. Link to Post #1
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Default What do you see when you watch this short clip?

I have read all the Harry Potter books and found them to be a welcome distraction during trying times as an adult, but I look at things through a different lens now since I started to awaken, 3 years back.

Last night I watched the movie based on J.K. Rowlings book, "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them". That different lens gives me a different view from the past. Before I tell you what I saw, I would like to know your perceptions of this one clip from this movie.

What do you see?

Thank you in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNqE1CX95w

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Bruno (3rd October 2017), fourty-two (3rd October 2017), Smell the Roses (3rd October 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Default Re: What do you see when you watch this short clip?

Can you give us a hint?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

airaspect (3rd October 2017), findingneo (3rd October 2017), justntime2learn (3rd October 2017), Smell the Roses (3rd October 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Not having seen anything of this movie but this one clip: The blond man appears to be considered the Bad Guy by all of the other people. However, I found him the most relatable here in this scene. His question of why they should restrict their powers for the others' benefit (Muggles?) seems valid.
    There's no time like the present.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Aurvandil (6th October 2017), findingneo (3rd October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks

It helps if you are familiar with the Harry Potter series of movies, but not necessary if you have the general gist of what they are about.

The first hint, is that to me, it relates to what we talk about here on PA quite often.

The second hint, is the name and meaning of the phenomenon causing havoc.

The third hint, is what the phenomenon looks like and does.

A fourth hint, is what they all can do; the phenomenon causing havoc, the witches and wizards, the magical beings.

More hints once you have the above.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Noelle (3rd October 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Deactivated
    Thanks

I am not talking some hidden ghost that you see lurking in the background or anything like that, I am talking, what is right in front of us. In plain sight, but which might have a hidden meaning. Synchronicity or intentional, I don't know. Why am I asking? No reason. Perhaps I am seeing things that are not really there. Anyway, what have you come up with?

10. Link to Post #6
    Deactivated
    Thanks

And I will make the next bit easier.

What are the apparently unrelated links between the cameos role (the blonde man who appears after the Revelio spell, called Grindewald), the actor that plays him, and the actors BFF?

Hint, eyes, skin, dark nature.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Noelle (3rd October 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Ok, I am getting tired of this thread already, so I will just say it.

The Obscurus which is kind of a magical parasite that is created when a witch or wizard from J.K. Rowling's, Fantastic Beasts, do not use their magic and the energy is repressed. It sort of takes them over and has great power. That reminds me of the supernatural smoke parasite, known as Jinn in Islamic mythology. It also reminds me of the externalization of ego, in the form of an Egregor.

The name of this violent creation from the books, the Obscurus in the movie, is a play of course on the word Obscure, which means,
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=o...hrome&ie=UTF-8

All the creatures and witches and wizard and magical creatures, they can all disappear and reappear in these Harry Potter and the Fantastic Beast movies. This reminds me of the Interdimesional Hypothesis, which not only includes ufos, but all things paranormal.

The cameo in the Fantastic Beasts movie is Johnny Depp. He appears when the Revelio spell is cast on the man the Ministry of Magic is trying to stop. He has been masquerading as another person and Johnny Depp's character is meant to represent the real and dark true self of the man who is being pursued. He is Grindewald, the preceder of Voldemort,the most powerful of the darkest forces in the Harry Potter books.

Grindewald is of course a village in Switzerland, "Grindel" meaning forest, "ol" is and, and "Wald" meaning boulders. Grindel ol Wald (forest or boulders). But, the old German-Celtic word Grindel, describes a barrier made of wood, and "Wald" meaning forest, interpreted by Philologists as possibly meaning, a forest, blocked off by the rest of the world by a barrier. Bit of a coincidence that the paranormal is blocked off from the world by a barrier.

The character that is killed in the movie that had become an Obscurus, reminds me of JD's close friend. That close friend apparently has a very dark past, and that friend and JD share the same tattoos. JD even has the different colored eyes in the movie, just like the contacts his friend wears.

That is about it. Enough to be more than a coincidence, I think.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Aurvandil (6th October 2017), Bruno (3rd October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

I see Johnny Depp playing Johnny Depp with bad white makeup.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Bruno (3rd October 2017), findingneo (3rd October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 times in 1,526 posts

So could Damian Echols be Depp's 'muse' with regard to EVIL?

Actors are known for embracing the reality of the role they are attempting to play. good actors often have very pliable empathic minds. Playing with evil is dangerous. look what happened to Heath Ledger- he professionally manifested a deliciously evil 'Joker', but he did it too well - and it affected his mental balance.

So does Depp hang out with Damian to get a feel for the darkness? Or is Damian a patsy or victim? Is Depp playing a dangerous game? Definitely. These people often lack the spiritual tools to do this without getting 'infected'. Hope that is what this is about rather than something even more sinister....

we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bruno (3rd October 2017), findingneo (4th October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017), uzn (6th October 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I am familiar with the Harry Potter series, but not this one. Although my interest is now peaked. Looks like it is filled with many things we discuss on the forum!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

findingneo (4th October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Thanks, Findingneo, for spelling it out. I never read the Harry Potter books or saw the movies, but I did mention it in a thread yesterday.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

findingneo (4th October 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    Grindewald is of course a village in Switzerland, "Grindel" meaning forest, "ol" is and, and "Wald" meaning boulders. Grindel ol Wald (forest or boulders). But, the old German-Celtic word Grindel, describes a barrier made of wood, and "Wald" meaning forest, interpreted by Philologists as possibly meaning, a forest, blocked off by the rest of the world by a barrier. Bit of a coincidence that the paranormal is blocked off from the world by a barrier.
    Sorry findingneo but I have to correct you a bit.

Wald means Forrest. Grindel is mostly a name, as in the Beowulf saga. In old Highgerman it also meant bar, block, lock bar or locking bolt (but was mostly witten grintil). Does not mean boulder. And Wald is never a word for wood.

Might sound a bit smartassy but I want you to understand it right.

Just for fun some pages of Beowulf that start with Grindel (old german writing)
    https://books.google.de/books?id=5hh...20sage&f=false

23. The Following User Says Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Aurvandil (6th October 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Deactivated
    Thanks

uzn, there are a number of definitions out there. http://www.grindelwald.com/local-en....set=7&page=438, and, http://www.grindelwald.com/local-en....set=7&page=438.

My point is, even if you chose to ditch "Grindewald", and not get stuck on that, there does seem to be lots of connections.

I am watching "Designated Survivor" on Netflix for the first time. I have lost count on how many times I have seen the Freemason Obelisk in the background scenery. Sure, it represents the scene being in the vicinity of the White House, but is it shows up often and is very symbolic.

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

Quote Posted by Bruno (here)
    I am familiar with the Harry Potter series, but not this one. Although my interest is now peaked. Looks like it is filled with many things we discuss on the forum!
    The word is 'Piqued' - please

26. Link to Post #15
    Deactivated
    Thanks

A bit overcast, but a nice spring day hey Mike?

+ Reply to Thread