Thread: Fracking banned in Scotland

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 times in 233 posts

Default Fracking banned in Scotland

This morning when I checked my emails, I was delighted to read this:

"Hello Ben

Another fantastic campaign victory!

Today, we secured a momentous win for communities and our climate: The Scottish Government has announced a ban on fracking!

The Energy Minister announced that the existing moratorium would be extended indefinitely using planning and environmental regulation powers to effectively ban the fracking industry.

We’ve been campaigning alongside communities opposed to fracking and unconventional fossil fuels since 2011. It is wonderful news that this dirty, dangerous industry will not go ahead in Scotland. Read more on the decision today and how we got to this point.

The only hitch is that the Minister did not commit to putting the ban into law. However, the Scottish Government must seek Parliament's approval for its plans to stop fracking, in a crucial vote in only a few weeks time.

Contact your MSPs now to ask them to push the Government to go further and ask them to take the final step by passing a law banning fracking.
    Put the fracking ban into law
    Enormous thanks must go to you for taking action. Whether it was emailing MSPs, responding to the public consultation or sharing information on social media, well done for all your efforts. It is vital that we work together to protect the environment.

Well done for keeping Scotland frack-free!

Yours in celebration,

Mary and the team at Friends of the Earth "

Despite the failed (rigged) Referemdum result of 2014, I feel more and more like i'm living in a reasonably progressive, environmentally minded, and for the most part peaceful, part of the world (land rights reform next please!).

Common sense has won through on this one

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...aul-wheelhouse

"A public consultation on fracking policy attracted more than 65,000 responses, with about 65% of those from communities in former coal mining areas of central Scotland targeted by the fracking industry. Of those, 99% of respondents opposed it, Wheelhouse said."

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

angelfire (4th October 2017), avid (4th October 2017), Billy (4th October 2017), Elen (8th October 2017), enigma3 (4th October 2017), Ewan (5th October 2017), findingneo (9th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), I should cocoa (4th October 2017), Jayke (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), shijo (4th October 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th October 2017), tessie999 (4th October 2017), toppy (4th October 2017), uzn (4th October 2017), Wind (4th October 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

Default Re: Fracking banned in Scotland

Hurray for Scotland. Good News indeed, hope many countries take this as an example.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Ben (4th October 2017), Billy (4th October 2017), Elen (8th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), shijo (4th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by uzn (here)
    Hurray for Scotland. Good News indeed, hope many countries take this as an example.
    Ill second that
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ben (4th October 2017), Billy (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), shijo (4th October 2017), uzn (4th October 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

Around 5 years ago I remember reading stories about a new technology being developed - electrical power from ocean currents. At the time I thought that would be perfect for Scotland. Then....nothing. I have read nothing since about this technology. I'd bet the ranch that the Rothschilds, Koch brothers et all did everything in their power to stall that and prevent it from being implemented. But I still see that as a boon to Scotland in the future. No North Sea oil needed. Scotland could become an energy hub for Europe with the currents in the North Sea. Stay tuned. Unless China beats Europe to the table.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

avid (4th October 2017), Ben (4th October 2017), Billy (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), uzn (4th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I believe Wales set the precedent on this one, good on them.

Another quote from the Guardian article:

"Ineos, the privately-owned oil and gas firm which owns the Grangemouth oil refinery and its neighbouring petrochemicals plant, was furious. Tom Pickering, managing director of Ineos Shale, said it was a disastrous decision which would damage Scotland’s economy.

Natural gas will be needed by Scotland for the foreseeable future and production from the North Sea continues to decline,” Pickering said. “This decision, which beggars belief, means gas becomes a cost for the Scottish economy instead of an ongoing source of income.

It speaks volumes about Scottish leadership on the world stage and sends a clear and negative message to any future investors in Scotland. Expert reports have clearly stated that this technology can be applied safely and responsibly – but it will be England that reaps the benefits.”

It feels good to see such a huge, filthy, callous and destructive corporation getting so outraged and indignant!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

angelfire (4th October 2017), avid (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), uzn (4th October 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

Quote Posted by enigma3 (here)
    Around 5 years ago I remember reading stories about a new technology being developed - electrical power from ocean currents. At the time I thought that would be perfect for Scotland. Then....nothing. I have read nothing since about this technology. I'd bet the ranch that the Rothschilds, Koch brothers et all did everything in their power to stall that and prevent it from being implemented. But I still see that as a boon to Scotland in the future. No North Sea oil needed. Scotland could become an energy hub for Europe with the currents in the North Sea. Stay tuned. Unless China beats Europe to the table.
    It happens so often, cool Things get invented and then we never hear of them again. One example:

Quote UCI Student Accidently Creates A Rechargeable Battery That Lasts 400 Years 

There’s an old saying that luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. There’s no better example of that than a recent discovery at the University of California, Irvine by doctoral student Mya Le Thai. After playing around in the lab she made a discovery that could lead to a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 400 years. That means longer-lasting laptops and smartphones and fewer lithium ion batteries piling up in landfills.
    A team of researchers at UCI had been experimenting with nanowires for potential use in batteries, but found that over time the thin, fragile wires would break down and crack after too many charging cycles. A charge cycle is when a battery goes from completely full to completely empty and back to full again. But one day, on a whim, Thai coated a set of gold nanowires in manganese dioxide and a Plexiglas-like electrolyte gel. “She started to cycle these gel capacitors, and that’s when we got the surprise,” said Reginald Penner, chair of the university’s chemistry department. “She said, ‘this thing has been cycling 10,000 cycles and it’s still going.’ She came back a few days later and said ‘it’s been cycling for 30,000 cycles.’ That kept going on for a month.”
    Thai’s discovery is mind blowing because the average laptop battery lasts 300 to 500 charge cycles. The nanobattery developed at UCI made it though 200,000 cycles in three months. That would extend the life of the average laptop battery by about 400 years. The rest of the device would have probably gone kaput decades before the battery, but the implications for a battery that that lasts hundreds of years are pretty startling. “The big picture is that there may be a very simple way to stabilize nanowires of the type that we studied,” Penner said. “If this turns out to be generally true, it would be a great advance for the community.” Not bad for just fooling around in the laboratory. 
    Source:
    https://www.good.is/articles/nanobatteries-last-forever

Amazing Batteries. But then we never heard anything of her invention again.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Ben (4th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), Nasu (4th October 2017), silverfish (5th October 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Enigma, I read a similar thing a few years ago.

Scientists at aberdeen university invented the floating sausage type things that use the motion of the ocean to harness essentially infinate energy. Enough to potentially power half of europe.

Although this hasn't materialised yet, the good news is that the biggest offshore tidal wave farm in the world was launched off the north coast last year.

When fully implemented, there will be 269 tubines, producing 398MW, which is enough to power 175,000 homes.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), uzn (4th October 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

An interesting observation re Fracking is that the NWO crowd is polluting all the ground water with sulfuric acid and high caustic chemicals so that the ground water will be ruined and we will all have to buy their bottled water making them even richer. As an aside, they can poison the bottled water and genocide all their customers. Hail Georgia Guide stones!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th October 2017), Michelle Marie (5th October 2017), uzn (5th October 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Ah.. but there is a lot of pure water in ancient wells, most of which have been sealed off. Theyre all over scotland and no doubt most of Europe and the states too.

I feel a strong calling to bust open these once sacred wells, guerilla style and take back our right to pure mineral water once again.

Any Scots (and others residing here too!) fancy joining my mission?

It'll be fun, it'll be good to spend some sacred time in nature, and i would relly like also to meet some of you peaceful warriors that too reside in my part of the world.

PM me if interested, and love to all. HO!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (8th October 2017)

+ Reply to Thread