+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are You An Empath? 11 Things They Hide From People

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 times in 233 posts

Default Re: Are You An Empath? 11 Things They Hide From People

Fascinating indeed.

Apparently i'm an ENFP, which accounts for 3-4% of the population (according to Psychologist David Kiersey). It does seem to chime very accurately with my own perception of myself.

Although I think there is a great deal to be learned about oneself, with regards to life choices, relationships, self acceptence, I do also have a natural trigger around all forms of labelling.

Labelling, to me, almost always has the negative effect of alienation and seperation, as well as the positive aspects of inclusiveness and community. Hmmm...

Limor, I absolutely love your post, and the strength, courage and integrity that shines through from your words. What you say reasonates with me deeply.

Thank you
    Last edited by Ben; 16th October 2017 at 23:30.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

justntime2learn (17th October 2017), Limor Wolf (17th October 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), rgray222 (17th October 2017), RunningDeer (16th October 2017), wondering (16th October 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I'll add a caveat to this list.
    Empaths are targets for ghosts as well.
    I have two paths I've noted in my life that have led me to have interactions with ghosts.
    The first path was being an empath. I could sense ghosts when they were around, and ghosts knew I could sense them, so this gave them a way of gaining my attention and thus my energy.
    Where your attention goes, so to does your energy.
    As such empaths are often haunted people.
    I'm not sure if the writer of the initial post by the OP would be interested in this information but there it is.
    I have had a couple of 'disturbing' experiences regarding this side of existence- it's kind of odd because I come from a very practical, No Nonsense type of family from the north west of England (any other Brits will know of what I speak) but I have always been aware of spiritual presences, and I was very drawn to that 'Scole Experiment' which Rupert Sheldrake witnessed and verified, I sent Rupert a message about that one and he replied, saying it was all 100% true.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Ben (17th October 2017), Bruno (18th October 2017), DNA (17th October 2017), justntime2learn (17th October 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), rgray222 (17th October 2017), RunningDeer (17th October 2017), wondering (17th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

I did the test and ended up with (INTP-T)
    I do have aspergers if that's worth anything.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

Ben (17th October 2017), Ernie Nemeth (18th October 2017), Franny (17th October 2017), justntime2learn (17th October 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), rgray222 (18th October 2017), RunningDeer (17th October 2017), wondering (17th October 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    South Africa Avalon Member LadyRavenHeart's Avatar
    Thanks

Very interesting post indeed.

I am an INFP-T Empath ... and in the past have attracted NarcPsyc's like a moth to a flame. Took years to develop coping skills and methods to avoid them.
    If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I’d still swim.
    And I’d despise the one who gave up. ~Abraham Maslow~ 1 Apr 1908 - 8 Jun 1970

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LadyRavenHeart For This Post:

Ben (17th October 2017), Ernie Nemeth (18th October 2017), justntime2learn (17th October 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), rgray222 (18th October 2017), RunningDeer (17th October 2017), wondering (17th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I am still an INFP but now with an added T

heavy on the intuitive, introvert

mediator
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 18th October 2017 at 03:33.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bruno (18th October 2017), justntime2learn (18th October 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), RunningDeer (18th October 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

I recently found some very helpful information about the dynamics of empath/narcissist relationships on the youtube channel Vital Mind Psychology here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_P...lQPGMQQ/videos
    It was created by an Australian psychologist who gives very succinct, common sense information based on his own clinical experiences which make a lot of sense.
    I am an INFJ and have had some narcissists in my life who were puzzles to me--this information has explained so much to me; very good to know, even if after the fact.
    There are more videos as well on various subjects.
    Here are some of the talks for empaths, and about narcissists:

The childhood origins of narcissism

The emotion at the heart of narcissism

Understanding the mind of a narcissist

5 key strategies for dealing with narcissists

Why the empath falls for the narcissist: The attachment and energy exchange system

The hidden emotion that makes empaths vulnerable to narcissists

5 key lifestyle changes empaths needs to make

How the narcissist destroys your physical health

5 destructive fantasies empaths have after the narcissist has left
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DNA (25th February 2018), justntime2learn (18th March 2018), RunningDeer (25th February 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Three more in the newest series of videos on empaths from Vital Mind Psychology:
    Understanding The 3 Types of Empaths

Anatomy of an empath: Your 3 Core Features

The Empath In Trouble: Your Downward Spiral With The Narcissist
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Cara (25th February 2018), DNA (25th February 2018), justntime2learn (27th March 2018), RunningDeer (25th February 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    INFJ-T ! Fascinating, thanks for resourcing this 👌👍
    Blimey, me too! Thanks for the link to the test Running Deer.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

DNA (27th February 2018), justntime2learn (18th March 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), RunningDeer (25th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Quote Posted by LadyRavenHeart (here)

I am an INFP-T Empath ... and in the past have attracted NarcPsyc's like a moth to a flame. Took years to develop coping skills and methods to avoid them.
    I am an INFP-T and have constantly attracted these NarcPsyc types.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

justntime2learn (18th March 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), MistressJan (31st October 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I haven't taken the test recently, and I don't have the time at the moment, but I took the test years ago...

ENFJ

However, I feel way more introverted than I used to be. But I saw the graphic with a speaker and I speak to groups with my work.

I'll take it again in present time a little later...must go rescue kitty.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 28th February 2018 at 19:11.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

justntime2learn (18th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Advice for Empaths, Teal Swan with Host Amanda Flaker
    Nov 7, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKB71rRZzWI
    Quote In this interview Teal shares her experience learning to cope/thrive with her empathic abilities and offers advice to other empaths on how to feel empowered and fearless with their sensitivities.
    Each breath a gift...

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Nov 7, 2014
    Quote In this interview Teal shares her experience learning to cope/thrive with her empathic abilities and offers advice to other empaths on how to feel empowered and fearless with their sensitivities.
    As far as i am concerned, any empath abilities Teal Swan has is to serve herself (this then fall into another category). She would be amongst the last one I listen to for any advice, mostly when it regards hyper sensitive empaths - they will be fooled.

My opinion
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ariel70 (23rd December 2019), justntime2learn (18th March 2018)

24. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm not a great fan of Teal either, but I thought the information and the format of that discussion was pretty good.
    If Teal's story of what she survived as a victim of ritual abuse is true, then she has come pretty far on her healing journey, but could only still have a lot of healing to do, that being a given.

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Nov 7, 2014
    As far as i am concerned, any empath abilities Teal Swan has is to serve herself (this then fall into another category). She would be amongst the last one I listen to for any advice, mostly when it regards hyper sensitive empaths - they will be fooled.

My opinion
    Last edited by onawah; 1st March 2018 at 17:44.
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2018), justntime2learn (18th March 2018)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    Quote Posted by LadyRavenHeart (here)

I am an INFP-T and have constantly attracted these NarcPsyc types.
    What we have to know is that narcissists and psychopaths (who are sometimes the same) are quite numerous and growing in number it seems. We all meet at least 100 people in our lifetime, so we have met at least one narcissist/psychopath.

As they sniff iinner weaknesses as a dog snifs food from far away, they will get on anyone with emotional deficiencies, empath or not. Believe me, they would get onto someone with money way before getting onto an empath without money, if they can (sometimes they are not that bright, so money people see them coming)

the other point is that psychopaths will get near people who are usually bully, full of life and energy, because they are jealous of this and want it for themselves. Period. Often, those full of energy are empaths. Also, often, those full of hang ups are empaths too. So psychopaths have there an easy choice target.

I have had my fair share of psychopaths, with stories that could fill a Stephen king book, and yet I am not INFP with or without T lolll.

the solution is strong inner self - and to stop the false beliefs, namely thinking that true cruelty does not exist in human beings.

- emotional and other shocks cutting the attachment between parent and child happening before the age of 2 creates narcissism does the job for creating narcissists, psychopaths, sociopaths, it seems; we now have numerous vaccine jabs, daycares, drug addict moms/dads, overworked parents too tired to take emotional care of their children, or iPhone/Facebook addict parents putting their children in emotional neglect, etc.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

justntime2learn (18th March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), onawah (1st March 2018)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

I'm not a great fan of Teal either, but I thought the information and the format of this discussion was pretty good.
    If Teal's story of what she survived as a victim of ritual abuse is true, then she has come pretty far on her healing journey, but could only still have a lot of healing to do, that being a given.
    Nov 7, 2014

My opinion
    Onawah, it took me years to understand in my being the difference between fake love and true love, and the difference between real self-love and false self-love. Once I understood, I can tell Teal is not there, in self-love nor in universal love.

and precisely, read my previous post - the emotional/physical shocks before the age of 2 will create narcissists and it is pretty much irreversible unless the person wants to go through the excruciating pain of having lost contact and attachment with other humans, and with her own soul. I am sorry for her pain in childhood.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ariel70 (23rd December 2019), justntime2learn (18th March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), onawah (1st March 2018)

30. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don't really know what category to put Teal into because she is such an unusual individual, and because I have never met her in person, I reserve judgement.
    Perhaps you can, Flash, but I don't feel I can sense the truth about someone unless I have actually met them in person.
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2018), justntime2learn (18th March 2018), Mike (1st March 2018)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

I don't really know what category to put Teal into because she is such an unusual individual, and because I have never met her in person, I reserve judgement.
    Perhaps you can, Flash, but I don't feel I can sense the truth about someone unless I have actually met them in person.
    Anyhow, I sense the truth about you, and it is a good truth (yu are a lovely person)

Love, and lets leave it at that

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

justntime2learn (18th March 2018), onawah (1st March 2018)

34. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Agreed!
    Anyhow, I sense the truth about you, and it is a good truth (yu are a lovely person)

Love, and lets leave it at that
    Each breath a gift...

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2018), justntime2learn (18th March 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Empath's False Dichotomy: Victims vs. Persecutors
    Vital Mind Psychology
    Published on Mar 2, 2018
    Quote In this video I examine the highly polarized view of interpersonal relationships the empath in trouble gets stuck in - that of victims vs persecutors. Although this stage can initially be psychologically adaptive, remaining stuck at this phase poses a serious roadblock to true growth, healing and self-actualisation for the empath.
    Each breath a gift...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

38. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Empath In Recovery: Step 1 - Calm Your Nervous System
    Vital Mind Psychology
    Mar 16, 2018

Quote In this video I take a detailed look at the first essential step in the recovery process for the empath in trouble - calming their dysregulated nervous system. I cover the role of the stress response and the need to accurately determine the stage of stress the empath is stuck in.
    I discuss the use of Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) in the assessment of the stress response
    Each breath a gift...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast