Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 times in 310 posts

Default We are all one, and reality is an illusion

A reminder that we are all one.

We are Love.

Love is all!

Let's focus on remembering This!

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

AlyssaRoselyn (19th October 2017), Anchor (20th October 2017), betoobig (19th October 2017), Blacklight43 (19th October 2017), Bluegreen (20th October 2017), Bruno (19th October 2017), Caliban (19th October 2017), Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (19th October 2017), Did You See Them (19th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th October 2017), justntime2learn (19th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), Noelle (15th November 2017), OmeyocaN777 (19th October 2017), Omi (20th October 2017), sllim11 (20th October 2017), Sunny-side-up (19th October 2017), Wind (19th October 2017), wondering (19th October 2017), Words of Joy (19th October 2017), Zampano (19th October 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member AlyssaRoselyn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: We are all one, and reality is an illusion

I highly recommend reading Dolores Cannon's book "Between Life and Death" for anyone that finds interest in this video. I myself hate staring at books so I suggest using the Audible app so you can listen while driving and such. We are all one, trying to expand and experience every perspective possible.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AlyssaRoselyn For This Post:

betoobig (19th October 2017), Bruno (19th October 2017), Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (19th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th October 2017), justntime2learn (19th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), Omi (20th October 2017), RawLove (22nd October 2017), wondering (19th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

We (and all LIFE past,present and future) are all merely facets of the one creation experiencing all possibilities.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

betoobig (19th October 2017), Bruno (19th October 2017), Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (19th October 2017), fourty-two (21st October 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th October 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), Peter UK (30th July 2019), Wind (19th October 2017), wondering (19th October 2017), Zampano (19th October 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Currently I am not in the "reality is an illusion" camp. I think our universe might be a number of different things and that it is one of those things - which also is the absolute truth about that at this level. There are at least two candidates of what it might be: a gigantic ball, having a similar form as our planet, our moon or our sun but just extremely much bigger. Or it is not a ball, but a plane of existence infinite in size, like a "sheet".

When excluding other possibilities, no matter if it is a ball or a sheet I tend to find it reasonable that it is one of an infinite amount of such balls or sheets and that it is unique relative to the other ones. The next question is then what are the dynamics between these balls or sheets? In other words what is the bigger picture on this scale...

I also tend to think that our universe has a spirit attached, similar to a human having a spirit attached. I think that creation might actually consist of an infinite amount of not only sheet type universes, but infinite amount of universes of infinite types, where a sheet or a ball are only two. Relative to each other those are probably not in a random order, but are linked/grouped and then multi-dimensionally connected. I do think somewhere in the uniqueness of each part, some form of dividers must exist making it possible for those parts to be discrete similarily to how all humans are different humans.

All of this is then within God.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 19th October 2017 at 11:10.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

betoobig (19th October 2017), Bruno (19th October 2017), Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (19th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), onevoice (19th October 2017), Peter UK (30th July 2019), wondering (19th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteLove (here)
    Currently I am not in the "reality is an illusion" camp. I think our universe might be a number of different things and that it is one of those things - which also is the absolute truth about that at this level. There are at least two candidates of what it might be: a gigantic ball, having a similar form as our planet, our moon or our sun but just extremely much bigger. Or it is not a ball, but a plane of existence infinite in size, like a "sheet".

When excluding other possibilities, no matter if it is a ball or a sheet I tend to find it reasonable that it is one of an infinite amount of such balls or sheets and that it is unique relative to the other ones. The next question is then what are the dynamics between these balls or sheets? In other words what is the bigger picture on this scale...

I also tend to think that our universe has a spirit attached, similar to a human having a spirit attached. I think that creation might actually consist of an infinite amount of not only sheet type universes, but infinite amount of universes of infinite types, where a sheet or a ball are only two. Relative to each other those are probably not in a random order, but are linked/grouped and then multi-dimensionally connected. I do think somewhere in the uniqueness of each part, some form of dividers must exist making it possible for those parts to be discrete similarily to how all humans are different humans.

Did you watch the video?

re: "reality is an illusion" -- of course this statement is as individual to the reader as the definition of terms of "reality" and "illusion" is to the reader. Its all perspective.

In simple terms of reality being an illusion; when I look outside I see perhaps a tree. Is "tree" the reality? No, "tree" is both a verbal and scribed symbol for the object I see, this is just what symbol humans have applied to it for our own convenience in external sensory communication.

So it is not actually a tree, but the thing that "tree" describes. Perhaps we can see what it REALLY is if we look closer - at it's building blocks. It's a collective community of cells working with a single blueprint to provide it's physical structure. If we go deeper, it is chemical compounds structured together to form the cells. If we go deeper it is molecules made of atoms, and at this level it is 99.99999999999% empty space, or nothing at all. If we break down what that .0000000000001% of matter actually is we find there is no matter but only vibrating electromagnetic energy - bound waves of magnetism. It is something entirely un-physical and unseeable at that level of its creation. It's "physical" manifestation (which isn't at all what it appears to be) can then be see as an illusion.

This is it's actual reality, and with that many people see the resulting image, or agreement in our minds of the word, as a mere illusion of what it really is.

Different people will put that dividing line in different places.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th October 2017 at 01:01.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

betoobig (19th October 2017), Chester (21st October 2017), Ernie Nemeth (19th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), NancyV (16th November 2017), Peter UK (30th July 2019), RawLove (22nd October 2017), Rich (6th March 2019), sllim11 (20th October 2017), StandingWave (19th October 2017), WhiteLove (19th October 2017), Wind (19th October 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

The point of this illusion is that it feels real. How else would you believe in it, if it didn't feel so?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anchor (20th October 2017), betoobig (19th October 2017), Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (20th October 2017), fourty-two (21st October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), greybeard (20th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), NancyV (16th November 2017), Peter UK (30th July 2019), sunwings (19th October 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,999 times in 1,796 posts

i am
    love you all
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (20th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Matthew (19th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), sunwings (19th October 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,633 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    So it is not actually a tree, but the "thing" that tree describes. Perhaps we can see what it REALLY is if we look closer - at it's building blocks. It's a collective community of cells working with a single blueprint to provide it's physical structure. If we go deeper, it is chemical compounds structured together to form the cells. If we go deeper it is molecules made of atoms, and at this level it is 99.99999999999% empty space, or nothing at all. If we break down what that .0000000000001% of matter actually is we find there is no matter but only vibrating electromagnetic energy - bound waves of magnetism. It is something entirely un-physical and unseeable at that level of its creation. It's "physical" manifestation (which isn't at all what it appears to be) can then be see as an illusion.
    A good summary of the illusion, I completely agree. However - and I hope this is not off topic, I didn't watch all the video - when I see a tree, though I of course agree with the illusion and perceive it as such, I still try to remember there is more to it than even the physical illusion (of a tree). Getting all New Agey for a second, I also see the singularized expression of living energy made tangible and embodied, extruded if you like into a biological matrix - in this case a tree. All living organisms, though perhaps not 'conscious' on levels we would clearly understand, are nevertheless living spiritual 'awarenesses' simply having an experience (in my opinion).

The true 'reality' is the spiritual (again in my opinion), and the physical illusion we live in is merely a template, a type of construct - onto which and through which 'living energy' of so many different kinds at so many different levels can incarnate, or simply manifest.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (20th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), RawLove (22nd October 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Did you watch the video?

re: "reality is an illusion" -- of course this statement is as individual to the reader as the definition of terms of "reality" and "illusion" is to the reader. Its all perspective.

In simple terms of reality being an illusion; when I look outside I see perhaps a tree. Is "tree" the reality? No, "tree" is both a verbal and scribed symbol for the object I see, this is just what symbol humans have applied to it for our own convenience in external sensory communication.

So it is not actually a tree, but the "thing" that tree describes. Perhaps we can see what it REALLY is if we look closer - at it's building blocks. It's a collective community of cells working with a single blueprint to provide it's physical structure. If we go deeper, it is chemical compounds structured together to form the cells. If we go deeper it is molecules made of atoms, and at this level it is 99.99999999999% empty space, or nothing at all. If we break down what that .0000000000001% of matter actually is we find there is no matter but only vibrating electromagnetic energy - bound waves of magnetism. It is something entirely un-physical and unseeable at that level of its creation. It's "physical" manifestation (which isn't at all what it appears to be) can then be see as an illusion.

This is it's actual reality, and with that many people see the resulting image, or agreement in our minds of the word, as a mere illusion of what it really is.

This to me makes a certain amount of sense, I also agree that this is an aspect to it that tends to move the "how real is our reality" discussion a bit towards the illusion side. I am just not ready to say it does not exist, as if when I die this world also stops existing. I believe that in the absolute sense it does not, it is still as real.

It is however a good point, that what our senses receive from our "reality" is being filtered and that filter is very complex and is probably providing a pretty unique perspective of our reality. It would be interesting to be able to "try out" how one would experience the same reality from different human perspectives and choose the perspective that feels best. Someone out there is probably able to do that too. And who knows maybe that is also part of how consciousness shifts or re-incarnates.

So yes, because of the morphing of the reality by the senses/consciousness one can argue that reality is at least perceived to be a bit different depending on the perspective.

But I do still think that the physical reality does not collapse outside of one's consciousness of it. It is still there, but the consciousness is not attached to it.

I was thinking that if our reality is a "sheet" in 3 dimensions of space infinite in size, then all sheets must be on top of one another, because even if the room of it to exist is infinite, for it to share the same specific room each sheet could not be entirely infinite. So therefore this suggests that if our universe is a sheet infinite in size, as infinite as the absolute infinity, then that also must mean that each sheet share the same infinite space and are on top of one another, but through their fabric connected somehow to make each sheet a cohesive distinct part separate from the other parts/sheets. But it is this sheet theory that very quickly indicates universes might be inter-connected.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 19th October 2017 at 21:32.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Chester (21st October 2017), DeDukshyn (20th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), RawLove (22nd October 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Did you watch the video?

This to me makes a certain amount of sense, I also agree that this is an aspect to it that tends to move the "how real is our reality" discussion a bit towards the illusion side. I am just not ready to say it does not exist, as if when I die this world also stops existing ... .
    Ah, but an illusion isn't something that "does not exist", an illusion is something that is "not as it appears" (I am reminded of Jesus' words on not judging appearances), in my view anyway. To our five senses, the "illusion" is all that can be perceived, so to the five sense the "illusion", so to speak, is their reality; to any sense beyond the 5 physical senses (such as intuition), the "illusion" is an illusion and that which the five senses cannot perceive is the reality.

When people debate about this, semantics, as a I mentioned, are more often than not, the dynamic at play.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th October 2017 at 03:51.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chester (21st October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), sandy (20th October 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

ahhhhum .....
    When do we all start singing "kumbaya" ?
    I do not believe it is so , not anymore .
    Its new age mumbo jumbo to believe "that we are all one" & "love is all their is".
    The creator gave life/consciousness "free will" .. that is why darkness/evil exists .
    & I mean all forms of life & consciousmess all over our universe & multiverse .

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 442 posts

The old "new age" believe that we are all one is meaningless dribble. We are not "all one". Each of us is a sovereign spirit imbued with an individual will. Yes, we are all connected in consciousness but a lot of awakened individuals who subscribe to this "we are all one" belief have gone to the Dark Side without even realizing it. It's a great way to deny your own sovereign nature and live in an illusion of oneness. It's not for me, that's for sure.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

DeeMetrios (20th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), Orph (22nd October 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,832 times in 3,731 posts

The incarnate waking mind cannot grasp and know properly a concept that is infinite and timeless, and so it has a problem with that and it needs tools to deal with it. Faith is one the more useful of those tools.

The illusion that we present ourselves, serves to provide some limits within which our finite incarnate mind can function more realistically and with some focus.

We play in a time-bound body, a limited mind and an eternal spirit bought for a time into a focused drama of limits within the unlimited.

Outside those limits is one infinity and in that we are one.

We are the rain drop that merges with the ocean.

I think that those that elect to function with the faith that this is so are more likely to discern that oneness or glimpse a knowing of it with the inner eye, and once glimpsed you cant go back and you cant be told it isn't true!

One can only bear witness to this, but can never convince or convert.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd October 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), greybeard (20th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), Omi (20th October 2017), Orph (22nd October 2017), shijo (20th October 2017), Wind (20th October 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Andre (here)
    The old "new age" believe that we are all one is meaningless dribble. We are not "all one". Each of us is a sovereign spirit imbued with an individual will. Yes, we are all connected in consciousness but a lot of awakened individuals who subscribe to this "we are all one" belief have gone to the Dark Side without even realizing it. It's a great way to deny your own sovereign nature and live in an illusion of oneness. It's not for me, that's for sure.
    Q: Is there no such thing as free will? Am I not free to desire?
    M: Oh no, you are compelled to desire. In Hinduism the very idea of free will is non-existent, so there is no word for it. Will is commitment, fixation, bondage.
    Q: I am free to choose my limitations.
    M: You must be free first. To be free in the world you must be free of the world. Otherwise your past decides for you and your future. Between what had happened and what must happen you are caught. Call it destiny or karma, but never -- freedom. First return to your true being and then act from the heart of love.

Q&A with Nisargadatta

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), Omi (20th October 2017), petra (15th November 2017), RawLove (22nd October 2017), StandingWave (15th November 2017), Wind (20th October 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

I think this thread is an illusion.
    If posting this kind of double speak comforts you then so be it, but it is hardly useful.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Great video, thank you for this gnostic9.

There's a good amount of explanation here on "All is One" from many perspectives combined - from scientific to philosophical, political, and spiritual.

Some notable speakers in the video are Gregg Braden, John Hagelin, Jim Carrey, and David Icke. A few quotes from Alan Watts are mentioned throughout the video.

Starting at 61'20" it has "The Secret Covenant"by the Illuminati.
    What is stated in it is possibly the main cause of all the disillusions and confusions, all the chaos that's happening around the world.

Definitely a must-see for everyone.

In addition, one of the comments underneath the video said "Watch 'The Holographic Disclosure' by secretkeyactivator to finish your unprogramming."
    So here's the first of a series of 7 videos.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bruno (16th November 2017), DeDukshyn (22nd October 2017), gaiagirl (22nd October 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), RawLove (22nd October 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Alanantic (here)
    Quote Posted by Andre (here)
    Q: Is there no such thing as free will? Am I not free to desire?
    M: Oh no, you are compelled to desire. In Hinduism the very idea of free will is non-existent, so there is no word for it. Will is commitment, fixation, bondage.
    Q: I am free to choose my limitations.
    M: You must be free first. To be free in the world you must be free of the world. Otherwise your past decides for you and your future. Between what had happened and what must happen you are caught. Call it destiny or karma, but never -- freedom. First return to your true being and then act from the heart of love.

Q&A with Nisargadatta
    I can relate to the oneness theory as well, it doesn't really feel like the Dark Side to me. I have memories which I don't feel are mine - that's not right. Even some creepy dreams, dreams so creepy I just can't fathom that something of that... (magnitude?) coming from my own mind. There's definitely something dark going on though, and I wonder assuming we are "all one" would that be an advantage, or a weakness?

As for the illusion - no one wants to live in an illusion, I'm sure of it. If there's any illusion I believe it will end.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bruno (16th November 2017), Michelle Marie (21st November 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

"The soul is undergoing a dream from which it must awake. This dream represents our association and identification with the world. The fact that it is described as being a dream means that whatever is in it has to be false. Nothing in a dream can be true. Waking up from that dream is the ultimate goal, Self-realization." -- The main theme of "Yoga Vasistha"

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Michelle Marie (21st November 2017), petra (21st November 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

LOVED the video. Thank you!

I'm going to call the collective "Awakening Global Heart Warming". When we finally place our attention in the center of the Absolute, we can reckon with CAUSE instead of EFFECT.

Perspective, observation, attention, cosmic energy, perception...all play a part.

I love all perspectives. I love the deepest perception. It brings me peace and a sense of BEing love.

Warmth to all hearts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Global HEART Warming2.jpg
Views:	1455
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	36518

Love,
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

+ Reply to Thread