+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst 1 9 19 26 LastLast

Thread: Did we really go to the Moon?

1. Link to Post #361
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Default Re: Did we really go to the Moon?

Quote Posted by xylo (here)
    NASA says it also ‘destroyed the technology which got us to the moon and it would cost to much money and time to recreate it now.’ Right?
    That's true. But with NASA there is Never A Straight Answer. Ever.

Many surmise that NASA developed a 'Moon set' and filmed Moon activities as a back up in case of failure, views of artifacts they don't want others to see on the Moon or destruction of the films. Perhaps too close a look at the lost films and telemetry data with better technology would reveal too much.

Now NASA says they can't return to the moon without the lost data even though they seem to have made it to Mars and other planets without the moon telemetry data. Unless those are hoaxes of course. In a recent video one spokesman said that they can't go to the Moon unless they can develop a dependable rocket.

Right back to Never a Straight Answer.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), earthdreamer (6th September 2019), justntime2learn (30th July 2019), mountain_jim (30th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th July 2019), Tintin (30th July 2019), Wind (30th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #362
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by xylo (here)
    NASA says it also ‘destroyed the technology which got us to the moon and it would cost to much money and time to recreate it now.’ Right?
    The statement it 'destroyed the technology which got us to the moon' is misleading, see the quote below. By the way, if you read between the lines you will find a demand for more money.

Quote We have neither destroyed the technology to return to the Moon, nor lost it. What’s happened is much less sinister: our technological base has moved ahead, and most of what was built for the Apollo program is completely obsolete. We can’t duplicate the Saturn V or the Apollo spacecraft any more than we can precisely duplicate a World War II era Stirling bomber. (I pick that solely because my father flew in Stirlings.) We’d have to recreate the industrial base of the 1960s to pull it off.
    https://www.quora.com/Do-you-believe...rn-to-the-moon

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Ankle Biter (1st December 2019), Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), Franny (30th July 2019), ichingcarpenter (5th September 2019), justntime2learn (30th July 2019), Strat (6th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th July 2019), Tintin (30th July 2019), Wind (30th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #363
    United States Avalon Member funkpunk46's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    I believe the answer is correct that we went to the moon but the footage was massaged and fake....
    I consider myself a 9/11 expert. A 9/11 conspiracy authority. This is because I have spent literally years researching the subject, full-time.
    Considering one an authority/expert does not necessarily make one an authority/expert . . .

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to funkpunk46 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), Franny (30th July 2019), silvanelf (31st July 2019), Strat (6th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #364
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Some more content for the ongoing ddebate: did we land on the moon?
    Haven't seen this content before.

Quote Most shockingly, Sibrel claims to have documents from a former security guard who says he watched while NASA and the CIA filmed the faked moon landing of 1969 at a military base.
    Quote A FILMMAKER who was punched in the face by astronaut Buzz Aldrin for saying he lied about walking on the moon - says he has undeniable proof that the lunar landings were fake.

Bart Sibrel, who has been assaulted and bombarded with death threats over his research into the Apollo missions, shared photos and video footage with Sun Online which, unbelievably, he claims prove man has never walked on the moon.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/953014...andings-faked/
    Not correct. Bart Sibrel was punched in the face for calling Buzz Aldrin "a coward, and a liar, and a thief." Sibrel claims to have sent Aldrin a letter of apology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astron...ith_astronauts

Bart Sibrel is as credible as any of these leading Flat Earth advocates. His personal behavior is just childish:

Quote In Astronauts Gone Wild, Sibrel confronts nine Apollo astronauts and asks them to swear an oath on a Bible that they traveled to the Moon and back.
    [...]
    Later, Mitchell had the following to say about his encounter: "Sibrel faked his way into my home with false History Channel credentials for an interview. After about 3–4 minutes, he popped the bible question. Realizing who he was, I maintained my cool enough to swear on his bible, then ended the interview and tossed him out of the house, with a boot in his rear."[8]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astron...ith_astronauts

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Ankle Biter (1st December 2019), Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #365
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

its a shame , Sibrel was close to possibly getting somewhere with Dr Mitchell , but he let his agenda get in the way. If he could of found a way to get Mitchel to just stay with him on his inquiry, the point he was trying to make had legs. But he blew it and the whole thing went bad.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), silvanelf (6th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2019), T Smith (6th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #366
    United States Avalon Member Buzzie's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, the line between the close up area and the distance and mountainous area is unmistakable. Look closely at the picture Bill posted. Jay Weidner explains this as front screen projection. He tells, in great detail, how this is accomplished. Once you are able to see the line, it cannot be unseen. You can see it in all the faked pictures and videos.
    Last edited by Buzzie; 6th September 2019 at 15:33. Reason: better explanation

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buzzie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), mountain_jim (6th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2020), T Smith (6th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #367
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

I just can't seem to get how they passed the Van Allen Radiation belt without burning to a crisp. Has anyone taken a real real good look at the LEM. I'm being serious. Again, it looks like a science project made by 8th graders at the annual science fair. Sheet metal, PVC pipes, Shower Curtain Rods , aluminum foil, and gold duct tape. C'mon peeps have a gander. I beg of you......

PS. Where are the stars?
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019)

15. Link to Post #368
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    I just can't seem to get how they passed the Van Allen Radiation belt without burning to a crisp.
    Why?

"I can't imagine how it is possible ..." is a pretty lame argument.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019), Nick Matkin (21st September 2019)

17. Link to Post #369
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Quote Posted by silvanelf (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    I just can't seem to get how they passed the Van Allen Radiation belt without burning to a crisp.
    Why?

"I can't imagine how it is possible ..." is a pretty lame argument.
    Because IMO, that tin can LEM wasnt capable especially with the technology back then , in getting past that heat and radiation. Its like putting a Styrofoam cup in a blazing fire.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019)

19. Link to Post #370
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

The Apollo radio signals were independently received by well-equipped radio amateurs at the time. The direction, frequencies, Doppler shift, propagation delay, path loss all matched what would be expected from transmissions in Earth orbit, en route to the Moon, from the Moon, and returning.

There's plenty about it if anyone cares to look. Here is but one example with plenty of links included. http://observatory.jctcfaculty.org/APOLLO11/

It's a bit technical so anyone with a greater belief in conspiracies than an understanding of communications technology unlikely to be convinced. I can't help that.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

aoibhghaire (21st September 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019), greybeard (21st September 2019), mountain_jim (21st September 2019), Operator (22nd September 2019), silvanelf (21st September 2019)

21. Link to Post #371
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Unfortunately Conspiracy theorists--at least some of them, are too quick to find evidence that suits their mind set.
    The recent extreme weather "exposure" --the public are being fooled excreta--its not that bad.
    Well every picture tells a story.
    The damage was horrific---many have lost their homes--some their lives.
    Compassion first then investigate.
    The landing on the moon did happen of that I am sure-
    Why downgrade a magnificent achievement?
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

aoibhghaire (21st September 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019), Iyakum (21st September 2019), Operator (22nd September 2019), silvanelf (21st September 2019)

23. Link to Post #372
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Analysis is a difficult thing ... everybody tries to prove their point while in fact they only affirm their own prepensed point of view.

E.g.: Signals coming from the moon or vehicles on their way to and from prove just that at most. It is still no proof
    that they were coming from the Apollo program. Two truths can still exist together in parallel.

It's like being fooled by a magician. He convinces you to see and believe he's doing something while in fact he's
    doing something totally different that you wouldn't expect. Think outside of the box !

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019), mountain_jim (22nd September 2019)

25. Link to Post #373
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    The landing on the moon did happen of that I am sure-
    I agree. It's the film and photos that were faked.

I feel that's incontrovertible. The interesting question may be why.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (22nd September 2019), greybeard (22nd September 2019), mountain_jim (22nd September 2019), Operator (22nd September 2019), Rosco1 (22nd September 2019), Wind (22nd September 2019), Yoda (22nd September 2019)

27. Link to Post #374
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

May be something in the real videos --photos that they did not want people to see.
    Were we warned off?
    Well we have not been back in manned flight--why not?
    Who knows!!!

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

aoibhghaire (22nd September 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd September 2019), mountain_jim (22nd September 2019), silvanelf (23rd September 2019)

29. Link to Post #375
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,278 times in 1,399 posts

There is some evidence that they lie to us. For example they tell us in their own numbers and details that Mars has 1/6th the atmosphere of earth which is no atmosphere at all basically. So there is no air there and yet they install parachutes on the landing capsules and devices they send there. So the chute is not going to open in 1/6th the atmosphere of earth so what opens the chute! What air supports the craft to soften the landing? Do they fill the chute with hot exhaust? What is it made of to not burn up? You see ? There are issues with it all around. I don't think the are being truthful with the facts.

Chances are the moon and mars are not the distance from us they tell us either. Perhaps much closer.Oh they can show you the math and the calculations. Yeah I took the physics classes where we calculated all that and the diameter and so on. Not convinced even the teacher knows what he passes on here to be honest. It's like repeating something they heard from their teacher but they don't know for sure why it works, what it means all the way through they just know how to express it on paper. Is it accurate? Who would know? They could tell you anything. There is a video on youtube of a guy using a laser camera to gauge distance pointing it at the moon I think in NZ and his data said the moon was 412 miles out there. So are some of the ancient myths about the sun and the moon parking on platforms from seeing these low hanging full moons where it appears to literally sit on the ocean? And just 412 miles away? I wish I could find that video! He changed the batteries and it still read the same! Anyway, who really knows?
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

happyuk (22nd September 2019), Operator (22nd September 2019)

31. Link to Post #376
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    There is some evidence that they lie to us. For example they tell us in their own numbers and details that Mars has 1/6th the atmosphere of earth which is no atmosphere at all basically. So there is no air there and yet they install parachutes on the landing capsules and devices they send there. So the chute is not going to open in 1/6th the atmosphere of earth so what opens the chute! What air supports the craft to soften the landing? Do they fill the chute with hot exhaust? What is it made of to not burn up? You see ? There are issues with it all around. I don't think the are being truthful with the facts.

Chances are the moon and mars are not the distance from us they tell us either. Perhaps much closer.Oh they can show you the math and the calculations. Yeah I took the physics classes where we calculated all that and the diameter and so on. Not convinced even the teacher knows what he passes on here to be honest. It's like repeating something they heard from their teacher but they don't know for sure why it works, what it means all the way through they just know how to express it on paper. Is it accurate? Who would know? They could tell you anything. There is a video on youtube of a guy using a laser camera to gauge distance pointing it at the moon I think in NZ and his data said the moon was 412 miles out there. So are some of the ancient myths about the sun and the moon parking on platforms from seeing these low hanging full moons where it appears to literally sit on the ocean? And just 412 miles away? I wish I could find that video! He changed the batteries and it still read the same! Anyway, who really knows?
    For Mars the parachutes are bigger. Much bigger! (But you surely knew that...?)

Regarding the distance/size of the Moon, radio amateurs to the rescue again! Look up Earth-Moon-Earth (EME) communications. I won't link to any specific websites since someone will say I've chosen fake ones, so maybe you can find your own.

Actually I'll save you the bother by letting you know that amateur radio enthusiasts have for decades bounced signals off the Moon, mostly on 2 metres/144 MHz, but also on other frequencies. Suffice to say such a process has the propagation delay, path loss, Doppler shift and polarisation changes consistent with radio reflections from a rocky body about 250,000 miles away and 2,200 miles in diameter in a 28-day orbit around the earth.

So it's astonishing to me that any adult can suggest "who really knows?" And if the Moon really were 412 miles away, just how does that work?

It seems some people really do inhabit some sort of information-deficit bubble. Just how can this be? (No one need bother answering that one... Trying to be patient and understanding here, but reached my limit. Sorry.)

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Operator (22nd September 2019), silvanelf (23rd September 2019)

33. Link to Post #377
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)

For Mars the parachutes are bigger. Much bigger! (But you surely knew that...?)

Regarding the distance/size of the Moon, radio amateurs to the rescue again! Look up Earth-Moon-Earth (EME) communications. I won't link to any specific websites since someone will say I've chosen fake ones, so maybe you can find your own.

Actually I'll save you the bother by letting you know that amateur radio enthusiasts have for decades bounced signals off the Moon, mostly on 2 metres/144 MHz, but also on other frequencies. Suffice to say such a process has the propagation delay, path loss, Doppler shift and polarisation changes consistent with radio reflections from a rocky body about 250,000 miles away and 2,200 miles in diameter in a 28-day orbit around the earth.

So it's astonishing to me that any adult can suggest "who really knows?" And if the Moon really were 412 miles away, just how does that work?

It seems some people really do inhabit some sort of information-deficit bubble. Just how can this be? (No one need boIt's ther answering that one... Trying to be patient and understanding here, but reached my limit. Sorry.)
    Well it is quite astounding that anyone can say with assurance they "KNOW" something isn't it? Scientists especially do this all the time and for many years in fact and they get angry when you suggest they are off in la la land don't they? You bet but you know what? More often than not they come back and find out they didn't know at all did they!? Nope and I doubt they do now no matter what radio astronomers or anyone else says. It is ridiculous the 412 miles. But the point, while extreme is that I'm sick of scientists in particular pretending to know something telling everyone this is so and discovering years later they didn't know it all. In fact new technology proves what we thought we knew wrong all the time. While I don't doubt they have found things that appear to work they do this with the sun constantly but they still haven't figure it or the moon out lets not pretend here like they did. They still debate all about it including if it's actually hollow, machine or what. I do know they have dishes on the moon and they bounce signals off it as you say. But I also know they have all been caught in lies before so excuse me if I dare to question what they or you think you know about anything!
    Last edited by Ratszinger; 22nd September 2019 at 14:04.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

34. Link to Post #378
    Thanks

@Ratszinger

Science is self correcting, admittedly sometimes it takes years, but the point is it DOES correct itself in light of new evidence. Maybe you missed that.

(BTW, radio signals were first bounced off the Moon in 1946. Moon-based dishes are not necessary.)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

silvanelf (23rd September 2019)

36. Link to Post #379
    Thanks

No I didn't miss it that is the point. It would be far better to say it as it is, this is what we think we see, or this is what we think we know but you see to know something means there is no room for doubt. So when someone says they know something it should mean it's not something that will change. If it changes it could not have ever been something known you see that right? Its a belief at best not knowledge. But presented as knowledge.

37. Link to Post #380
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    ---

--
    I agree, the EME experiments are a great example of how normal every day people can verify for themselves some of the facts.
    (provided that the speed of light and the assumption that radio waves travel with the same speed (all the way in a straight line) are correct)

The same goes for use of OSCAR-AMSAT satellites etc. For the flatearthers who say there no satellites ... there are some you
    can use yourself. But all of this does not definitively prove the earth is round either.

We just have to be careful what checking the facts really proves ...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

silvanelf (23rd September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst 1 9 19 26 LastLast