+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interview with the lifelike hot robot, named Sophia

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,527 times in 32,931 posts

Default Re: Interview with the lifelike hot robot, named Sophia

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    So, when does the movie come out? This Sophia thing is simply a media event. I do warn you, however. If your were tasked with submitting ten questions to a robot such as her in order to determine if she were self-aware, you would be hard pressed to write questions that most humans could answer. What would you ask? How could you tell? How could you know that someone else wasn’t in a back room with a keyboard?

I task you right now to write those questions to ask to divine a ‘personal’ self-awareness
    Yes.

This is all about the Turing Test, proposed by a-generation-ahead-of-his-time genius Alan Turing — the subject of the excellent 2014 movie The Imitation Game. From the Wiki article:

Turing proposed that a human evaluator would judge natural language conversations between a human and a machine designed to generate human-like responses. The evaluator would be aware that one of the two partners in conversation is a machine, and all participants would be separated from one another.

The conversation would be limited to a text-only channel such as a computer keyboard and screen so the result would not depend on the machine's ability to render words as speech.

If the evaluator cannot reliably tell the machine from the human, the machine is said to have passed the test. The test does not check the ability to give correct answers to questions, only how closely answers resemble those a human would give.

The "standard interpretation" of the Turing Test, in which player C, the interrogator, is given the task of trying to determine which player – A or B – is a computer and which is a human. The interrogator is limited to using the responses to written questions to make the determination.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (30th October 2017), Bruno (30th October 2017), Eric J (Viking) (29th October 2017), ghostrider (29th October 2017), justntime2learn (29th October 2017), Omni (29th October 2017), onevoice (31st October 2017), WTHTLight (1st November 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    I just recently viewed an interesting ted-talk that is strongly related - about learning algorithms. The audio is here:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixh57AheLKA

The talk could be summarized as follows: learning algorithms follow everything you do online, cross reference it to what other people have done in general, make predictions(personalize ads etc).

They are so advanced that the people that created them, no longer know what the algorithm is doing or how it is making deductions. This however is a hugely powerful tool, which is already being used to manipulate for example voting behaviour - no need to rig the machines, now that you can bias the social media in a personalized way to discourage others from even leaving home on voting day and others are encouraged to go.

And we - the people - give freely the keys to our lives by submitting information via questionnaires (DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD BE LIKE, IF YOU WERE AN OPOSSUM?).

The talk is a really interesting insight to algorithms that are already running the world, even though they perhaps might not qualify for ai.

An opt out would be good - interested to hear opinions, do listen to the talk - it is most sobering.

UT
    Hi Ultima. I browse the net a fair bit on my android cell phone. I often used google chrome to browse, however recently it started demanding acceptance of some legalease fine print to use it, which i have started to refuse. A friend told me about the TOR browser which doesnt track your activity, and supposedly prevents others from doing so. This is what i use now since i dont want ai algorithms figuring out how to advertise to me, or filter my searches or news. I think the DuckDuckGo search engine also prevents tracking. PA's Paul might know more about how tracking can be stopped.

So, yes, i dont want to be tracked, or shepherded into a sheeple corral, and i would hope no one else would either.
    Last edited by Justplain; 29th October 2017 at 21:00.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

avid (30th October 2017), Bruno (30th October 2017), Ultima Thule (30th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The robot is creepy ... You can't read the intention of a machine , it could be smiling while planning your demise ...I can see a time when A.I. tries to take over the world ... I'm afraid we are not spiritually advanced enough to use A.I. technology...Our biggest problem technology has outrun our spiritual evolution ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

bluestflame (30th October 2017), Bruno (30th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th October 2017), Sunny-side-up (30th October 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you ask me, she is a messenger for the antichrist, better find the Light and connection with the Living Source inside myself (which she can not) than waste my time paying attention to this phenomenon, that promises wonder and peace on Earth

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhaleRider For This Post:

bluestflame (30th October 2017), Bruno (30th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Well it dose look like there will be job's for 'AI Boded Being' spotters, like the main charecter in 'Blade Runner'
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

avid (30th October 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks

She can not be conscious of her 'Self' because she has not any. But my computer ones looked conscious, but I think that a spirit or conscious entity did something in my computer, so there can be an entity be hidden in her and controle her. 'It' than has the capacity to use her, as a medium, .......scary

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Please tell me I won't soon have to help foot the healthcare bill for some random robot undergoing therapy because it identifies itself more as a ... Transformer.
    TFS
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 1st November 2017 at 03:56.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

Bruno (1st November 2017), Ultima Thule (1st November 2017)

14. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Default Saudi Arabia Is First Country to Give Citizenship to Robot

Saudi Arabia, which denies women equal rights, makes a robot a citizen!

complete article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../s...ual-rights-mak...

IMPORTANT: In the attached video Quinn Michaels explains connection between AI and crypto curriencies. I'm not a techie, but perhaps those of you that are can give your opinions.

To understand Quins opinions on Cern and connection to Vegas, Astana,etc, see PA's thread here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...78#post1188878
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Bob (8th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2