+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: Past Lives: The Basics (and, Regression do's and don'ts)

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Past Lives: The Basics (and, Regression do's and don'ts)

This is an interesting topic to me as I have just read (another) of Dolores Cannon's book: Between Death and Life and I find these books and the information deeply interesting. How she is able to communicate with the person's guide/oversoul/past life - (whatever you want to call it) is fascinating. I have often thought about going to a regression (therapist) just out of curiosity. It would be interesting to find out what experiences I had in previous lives and how that might affect me now. But I'm too cheap to do it - wait maybe that's a leftover from a past life!

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jms2112 For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), dan33 (10th August 2021), Ewan (2nd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Kryztian (29th October 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd November 2017), Michelle Marie (2nd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Verdilac (10th November 2017), Violet3 (17th December 2018), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thanks for sharing, Ewan. You were blessed to have been able to be outside your body; I think most of us do not get to experience that. I'm still in the Learning Stage here on Avalon!

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Debra (5th November 2017), Ewan (2nd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Michelle Marie (2nd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), pueblo (2nd November 2017), Verdilac (10th November 2017), Violet3 (17th December 2018), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,541 times in 2,211 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    To this day I talk the talk, spiritually, but unfortunately I don't walk the walk. Despite the fact I now consider myself brave in physical terms, I would stand up to certain death if it was the right thing to do*, I'm still scared to ever approach that feeling I had when I was free from my body. I fear the unknown and yet that is such a stupid thing to be afraid of, logically, rationally even, it makes no sense.
    I enjoyed your post thanks. Maybe an avenue to explore is faith and fear as polar opposites?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Ewan (2nd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd November 2017), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Verdilac (10th November 2017), Violet3 (17th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,287 times in 4,082 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    "Forget the past. The vanished lives of all men are dark with many shames. ...
    [...]
    If one "forgets" the past, one is bound to repeat its mistakes... so, why not learn something from that past?

Of course, in order to learn from that past, one has to know what that past is, right?
    Unless it's too traumatic till smaller lessons are learnt perhaps. But not sure if I'm answering your rhetorical? question or just thinking out loud

Now I've read the rest of the thread I think Catsquotl put it better in this post. But I'll chime in anyway

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Violet3 (17th December 2018), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,663 times in 4,334 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I wonder ... if we had clear memory of some past lives and the soul's plan for this lifetime, would we consciously avoid some experience wanted by the soul?
    Exactly Ron! It's why we have amnesia.

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    But what of the unknown or allready worked through stuff that comes up and opens a pandora's box of shame, guilt and downright evil as part of ones ancestry.
    Some real damage can be done by bringing those experiences to the fore..
    With the correct practitioner, someone who knows exactly what they are doing, there will be safeguards in place during the procedure. This is also ensured by the constant presence and oversight of your Guides. They are the gatekeepers of your soul - they always know what is beneficial to you and what is not. Nothing more than you can handle is allowed to come through.

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I always said I don't want to live in the past and I certainly don't want to live in this crappy society. I always wished I lived in some far-off future, where righteousness and honor rule.
    I am so with you on that Ernie. Growing up watching Dr. Who as a kid made me want, above all other things in life, a time machine. Still want one more than anything! It's funny how we stupid humans are more enticed by visions of the past, or daydreams of the future, than the present day in which we live! Why? Possibly because, in some equation, there is no past and there is no future. Everything is just a perpetual "now".

I still can't help it though. As Elvis Costello once sang, "And I would rather be anywhere else but here tooo-day..." For me it still applies and always will. Just can't help it.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Debra (5th November 2017), Ewan (2nd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Kryztian (29th October 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), Mike (3rd November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Peace in Oz (13th December 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

But what of the unknown or allready worked through stuff that comes up and opens a pandora's box of shame, guilt and downright evil as part of ones ancestry.
    With the correct practitioner, someone who knows exactly what they are doing, there will be safeguards in place during the procedure. This is also ensured by the constant presence and oversight of your Guides. They are the gatekeepers of your soul - they always know what is beneficial to you and what is not. Nothing more than you can handle is allowed to come through.
    I think the amount of trust you put in your guides here is staggering.
    A treaty on what I believe the soul (or guides) is. May be beyond the topic here.

Psychiatric wards are full of people where their guides have misjudged the resourcefulness and fail-saves of those individuals..I once believed that those experiences served some soul purpose.
    Let's just say I've grown beyond that notion..

With Love

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Debra (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,663 times in 4,334 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

I think the amount of trust you put in your guides here is staggering.
    A treaty on what I believe the soul (or guides) is. May be beyond the topic here.

Psychiatric wards are full of people where their guides have misjudged the resourcefulness and fail-saves of those individuals..I once believed that those experiences served some soul purpose.
    Let's just say I've grown beyond that notion..

With Love
    For psychiatric illness I wouldn't care to comment. Each case is different, and there can be so many variables. But I believe all experiences serve some sort of purpose. Perhaps we have different ideas of what 'guides' are. It is a complex matter, and I agree this thread is not the place for that particular topic.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Debra (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), wnlight (29th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I found out that the case with me was that I was quite hard to hypnotize, I never could really get into deep trance states. Nevertheless, I did try past life regression a few times for free I might add and I must admit that the experiences were interesting if nothing else. Did they prove anything to me? I can't say that they did. I just have my inner knowingness. It was also interesting to get my reading from Carol Clarke where she told and confirmed some things, even painful things about my past lives which have a lot to do with fear and traumas. It seems that certain issues tend to rebound until they are fully resolved and released. That is the thing with karma... For example hatred and vengeance could go on for generations, but only forgiveness can break down the wheel of karma.

The other thing came to my mind about past lives is ego... How it is us and how so much it isn't us. What is identity anyways? The accumulation of experiences and our status as a personality, we tend to think that we are those things. Or if we lack status, reverence and wealth, we might see ourselves as lesser human beings because our culture seems to be only focusing all those external material and superficial things.

To know that we have been some "important" beings or have been with some important people in the past should be irrelevant, but it feels good to the ego to hear such things. Or to know that one is highly advanced soul who has come here to help others on their journey, but there may lie some traps too. I'm referring here to the "spiritual ego" which some people might develop, perhaps some wish to call it the false guru syndrome.

No one is better than anyone else, no one is worse than anyone else. There are only different levels of awareness and consciousness. Every soul is own their own evolutionary level and physical human age has nothing to do with it. Words and especially actions always reveal the true character of men.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

16. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), DeDukshyn (3rd November 2017), Ernie Nemeth (3rd November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Iloveyou (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Kryztian (29th October 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), Mike (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Omi (3rd November 2017), onevoice (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), Words of Joy (3rd November 2017)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

Carol Clarke told me in my reading that I was from the Persius star system. She said in all her time doing readings she'd never encountered anyone from that area. A few days after I posted that here I got a private message from a member: "Hi Mike, Carol told me I was from Persius too......."

I had to laugh! I actually allowed myself to feel special there for a moment!

That short anecdote sums it up for me.

Of course I believe in reincarnation. Or something to that effect. What I mean is, if the past, present and future are all happening now, maybe what we're tapping into is our "future lives".

But if your interest is egotistic and you won't quit till some psychic tells you you were Alexander The Great, you're likely in it for the wrong reasons. If you're deathly afraid of water, for example, for no good reason at all, perhaps regression therapy merits attention and will be useful.

In other words, if you're interested in your past in order to improve your present, good. If you're interested in your past in order to escape your present, not good.

My understanding is that most of us have lived thousands of past lives. If that's the case, we've all likely played all the roles there are to play - hero, coward, king, pauper, prince, princess so forth. Viewed this way, i guess we cant be too surprised when someone claims to have been some historical figure of note. Chances are we've all been some historical figure of note, to varying degrees. But we've all likely been servants and slaves and bums as well. The trick is to not let the ego get too involved in this
    Last edited by Mike; 3rd November 2017 at 07:15.

18. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Astute (25th November 2018), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Daozen (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Iloveyou (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Kryztian (29th October 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Reinhard (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 914 posts

Once,a decade ago or so,i went to a satsang with an advaita(non-duality) teacher/facilitator and asked him if i understood the teaching correct,that when i would (just) focus on self inquiry and would ultimately understand/realize my true nature-as opposed to a separated, personalized identity- ,my traumas ,phobias,fears and all the sh** i wanna get rid off wouldn't be relevant anymore?...He chuckled and said;Exactly!In the moment one drops the false ego and its identifications, all its problems & issues don't need attention/healing anymore since the root cause is based on the wrong assumption that one is a separated being ,responsible (guilty)for its 'wrongdoings' and victim of other 'wrongdoers' where in reality there is no do-er.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Astute (25th November 2018), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Michi (4th November 2017), Mike (3rd November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Reinhard (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,225 times in 32,908 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    I found out that the case with me was that I was quite hard to hypnotize, I never could really get into deep trance states.
    An important note in the margin here:

Hypnotism of any kind is absolutely not necessary.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), anandacate (18th November 2018), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), I am B (10th June 2023), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Noelle (3rd November 2017), TrumanCash (6th November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), WildOrchid (4th November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by we-R-one (here)
    Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    How does one go about selecting a reliable and trusted guide, if that's the right word? I presume, as in all walks, there are unscrupulous practitioners out there too.... Can someone describe the process of past life regression and what a session 'looks like'?
    I highly recommend Robert Schwartz for past life regression sessions. He's not cheap, however he's well established and offers solid guidance...Even better, you can get a taste for his skill set by reading his books, an inexpensive investment and/or pulling up youtube videos of his interviews to see if he fits your needs.

http://yoursoulsplan.com/

It's a little hard to tell from the text here (snipped from the quote: please see the original post) whether Rob does genuine regressions — a genuine regression is where the client is guided to do all their own sovereign, uninfluenced remembering — or whether he just tells people material that's somehow channeled or 'received' by him.

If the former, that's great. If the latter, I would strongly counsel against it.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), anandacate (18th November 2018), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), WildOrchid (4th November 2017)

25. Link to Post #53
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Regarding hypnosis, hypnotists and hypnotherapists:

Quote Jack True was one of the most innovative hypnotherapists of our time.

Largely unknown in academic circles, uninterested in publishing his work, Jack focused on his patients.

We met in 1987. We became friends and colleagues.

Over the course of several years, I interviewed him many times.

Jack eventually gave up on straight
    hypnosis-and-suggestion as a way to do therapy.

He said,
    "I’m finding that people who come to my office are already in a hypnotic state, so my job is to wake them up."

Jon Rappoport
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), anandacate (18th November 2018), avid (3rd November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Michi (4th November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Reinhard (3rd November 2017), Satori (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

27. Link to Post #54
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Since this is past lives 101.. I wonder what your past lives were. Mostly I hear the grander lives climbing mountains, kings, queens etc.
    My first reading ever revealed 2 lives one as someone living in the woods somewhere around year 0.
    As it happens I took care of orphaned and abandoned children. (I work with mentally chalanged people these days and have fostered 2 kids apart from my own brady bunch.
    The other was a bored life as some aristocrat.

But then when I started doing my own research.
    I found i had killed someone dear to me in this life by accident running an oxcart over said person.
    In another I was a perverted canibal praying on kids...

Let's say I stopped actively searching for past life memories and experiences after that one.
    4 entirely different lives having little to do with who I am now.

I don't know if any of you have seen cloud atlas.
    Even though there was a liniarity in events unfolding the lives themselves portrait by the same actors resembling some sort of continuity of soul led very different lives without direct connections to the present in character. although events affected them in next lives. Not as personality traits, but in more material ways..

Now I'd like to say that it will somehow make sense to my soul, and i need the experiences to grow and such, but I believe soul to be nothing more than an bigger version of imaginary construct than my ego is. So no. That's not it..

Thoughts?

WIth Love
    Eelco

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), gini (3rd November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Since this is past lives 101.. I wonder what your past lives were. Mostly I hear the grander lives climbing mountains, kings, queens etc.
    Here's a close analogy. Think back on your own life — this one.

What do you recall or retain clearly? Which days, which events?

It's almost always those which contain moments of excitement, recognition, achievement, success — or trauma, loss, failure or regret.

Not those many, many, MANY boring days when nothing much happened, and you just went to work and then came home again.

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), anandacate (18th November 2018), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Mike (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), Rosemarie (10th December 2018), Verdilac (10th November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

I had other expériences with past lifes, prior to the rebirth stuff I did (which is lately).

When I was younger (late 30's) I was trying to get pregnant and it would not work. I met someone who told me "go to these 2 acupuncturist women, they make women get pregnant", which I did.

So I am there, on the table, filled with needles and one of them asked me one questions, the content I do not remember, and all of a sudden I see myself as a skinny quite hugly French men, in the Northern part of France, poor, with a bunch of children in front of me and a crying wife. I am suprised because this wife was a pain in the ass all our life together and always said she hated me. So how come she is now crying for her loss? Because I am hung to a pole, and I can see on my left the rope around my neck and the big knot, and I am dead.
    My regret at that moment was that I was leaving this big bunch of children without a father to take care of them. They will probably starve I am thinking.

I asked a clairvoyant friend later on if it was suicide in that life that got me, he told me no, i was hung for something someone else did, not me. The acupuncturists said nothing, only took what I had seen.

Later on, with them again, I saw myself, a poor Young woman living in a earth hut, being thrown out by my husband - he says the child is not his, while i know it is his child - pregnant and having nowhere to go. I know at that point that I will starve to death.

About 10 months later, in this actual life, I was pregnant and finally had my child, and believe me, it is quite a miraculous pregnancy if I were to tell you all the happenings surrounding her creation and birth (Mini Flash was created).

-------------

I think we carry the energetic and emotional happenings from one life to the next, which brings in similar events (or contrary events) so that the pain or the questions/misunderstanding we were left with are solved.
    In almost each life i saw, i can name who was there at the time and are the one involved in this present lifetime. The husband who threw me out of the hut was my first long time boyfriend or someone with the same energy field, the woman when i was hung was my actual sister now, and she was also in Italy with me when we were shot, and yes, although she loves me, it is still a hate love Relationship. Etc etc.

And yes, everything is at once from the universal point of view, the thread from and betwen lifes is at once. The challenge: can we resolve it (from a higher self point of view)?
    Last edited by Flash; 3rd November 2017 at 16:42.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), I am B (10th June 2023), Iloveyou (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), kanishk (29th November 2018), Kate (3rd November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), Mike (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

"We are all at different levels of awareness & consciousness"....Loved that statement, Wind; that is SO true! This discussion reminds me of George Kavasillas' descriptions of the lives he had lived through; as if we have to live through every sort of "being" so that we experience it ALL in our growth as a soul.

I suppose that is why we each are at a different level. I am so thankful for the "mature" ones here on Avalon that have helped me along in my own growth these past two years! I'm certainly not the same person I was when I signed on!! Thanks everyone!

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Ewan (3rd November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), Mike (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)

35. Link to Post #58
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by we-R-one (here)
    Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    How does one go about selecting a reliable and trusted guide, if that's the right word? I presume, as in all walks, there are unscrupulous practitioners out there too.... Can someone describe the process of past life regression and what a session 'looks like'?
    I highly recommend Robert Schwartz for past life regression sessions. He's not cheap, however he's well established and offers solid guidance...Even better, you can get a taste for his skill set by reading his books, an inexpensive investment and/or pulling up youtube videos of his interviews to see if he fits your needs.

http://yoursoulsplan.com/

It's a little hard to tell from the text here (snipped from the quote: please see the original post) whether Rob does genuine regressions — a genuine regression is where the client is guided to do all their own sovereign, uninfluenced remembering — or whether he just tells people material that's somehow channeled or 'received' by him.

If the former, that's great. If the latter, I would strongly counsel against it.
    Robert Schwartz is certified as both a Past Life Soul Regression Therapist (PLSR) and a Between Lives Soul Regression Therapist (BLSR) by the International Between Lives Regression Network. If you click on the link I provided in my original post he lists his credentials.

You can also download a PDF where he offers a method to access your PreBirth plan via meditation for free. In the PDF he states:
    “To the best of my knowledge, there are three ways in which you can determine what you planned before your were born. 1) through working with mediums and channels 2) through hypnotic regression to the ‘life-between-life state or 3) through meditation.”

Immediately afterwards, he offers those who have other means of accessing pre-birth planning to contact him and share your methods.

I think it’s significant to recognize there are different methods to obtaining information about your past lives and/or soul plans, so researching each individual is important to make sure their skill set fits your needs. What I like about Robert's work is he’s taken the time to document through his writings/books, and he does interviews and youtube videos so you have an opportunity to research what he’s all about free of charge. Since we don’t live in a world where everything is free, charging for these kinds of services is appropriate and I don’t agree with the argument that these individuals should provide their expertise and services for free. Running a business costs money. Researching and documenting takes a lot of time, as does acquiring the skill set. The type of world we live in now,... if you offer a service, you get paid for offering said service. Also if someone is credentialed, they had to pay to obtain those credentials. Credentials suggest a person is trained in a specific area of expertise, so if one is uncertain about someone’s skill set, they can at least research the individual to see where and if proper training was obtained. It's up to the individual to research before proceeding forward.

Do take advantage of reading his books and watching the videos as it provides an inexpensive means to see if his work will satisfy your needs.

36. Link to Post #59
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

I find it interesting that stories of my past lives by psychics rarely tell the same story.
    Only one lifetime story is consistent, that of a Viking, but with different details.
    A viking raider. Captured my 2nd wife in this lifetime (now ex).
    A viking explorer. Made it to North America. I was the one in charge.
    Carol Clarke told me Ron was not my real name and suggested I get it myself.
    Going into meditation, I asked "What is my name?"
    Immediately and clearly I received "Ragnar".
    Carol congratulated me on getting it correctly.
    I asked a different psychic to confirm.
    She said the Ragnar of movie and TV fame was my uncle and I was much nicer than he was.
    Maybe I was named after him.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 3rd November 2017 at 17:21.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Kate (3rd November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), Noelle (3rd November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

38. Link to Post #60
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I find it interesting that stories of my past lives by psychics rarely tell the same story.
    Only one lifetime story is consistent, that of a Viking, but with different details.
    A viking raider. Captured my 2nd wife in this lifetime (now ex).
    A viking explorer. Made it to North America. I was the one in charge.
    Carol Clarke told me Ron was not my real name and suggested I get it myself.
    Going into meditation, I asked "What is my name?"
    Immediately and clearly I received "Ragnar".
    Carol congratulated me on getting it correctly.
    I asked a different psychic to confirm.
    She said the Ragnar of movie and TV fame was my uncle and I was much nicer than he was.
    Maybe I was named after him.
    A good Akashic Record reader is going to give you more detailed information. Do try Kevin Ryerson, I've been to him 3 times, he's excellent and worth every penny, $275.00 for 90min. Let me find an old post I wrote as to what to ask and why that may help you...cause I don't feel like rewriting...and I'll repost here.

What I like about going to an Akashic Record reader is you get very detailed information. If you focus on your core identities, where you've been a famous/documented person this gives you the opportunity to have something to research which allows you to find 'objectives'. Even better, if you're lucky an old portrait or photograph to compare facial features is beneficial as you have an energy signature and your facial bone structure will be the same from one incarnation to the next. What makes a case seem more compelling to the individual researching, is when you have an accumulation of 'objectives' and similar facial features to who you once were...that's when it becomes more convincing that you've made a proper identification. You will not be able to 'prove' every identity and of course the further you go back the harder it will become for obvious reasons...less documentation/portraits, however, you know yourself best and there may be things about that person that are reflected in your behaviors of today signifying you've made a correct match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast