+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: Past Lives: The Basics (and, Regression do's and don'ts)

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

Lightbulb Re: Past Lives: The Basics (and, Regression do's and don'ts)

Can I offer a suggestion? The title of this thread is confusing….Past Lives 101….that’s pretty general for a topic of many arenas. The conversation is then opened up by talking about Past Life Regression Therapy, I think?? Then when you read subsequent posts, they’re all over the board which is understandable because like I just said, it’s a topic of many arenas. But to someone who truly wants to learn how to do it, it’s beyond confusing and they have to weed through a ton of posts.

If there seems to be enough interest, why not create a Past Life forum and then break it down from there….So you have a sub form that discusses Past Life Soul Regression(PLSR), Between Life Soul Regression(BLSR), Akashic Record Readings, Psychic and Mediums, Case Studies – this is where public cases can be shared, Forum Members Case Studies, Methods of Identifying Past Lives Through Researching Objectives(I can help with that one), Suggestions of Professionals Who Can Help-in this thread, members could recommend individuals and why they’re suggesting them. Also state whether you’ve obtained services.

When I was working with researcher Paul Von Ward one of my suggestions was to include a glossary of terms in the back of our upcoming book. My idea was to contact several researchers in the field for input on pertinent words used in their writings, so the reader could refer to the glossary if they weren’t sure or couldn’t remember the meanings behind the acronyms. It was also a way to show unification in the field, something I’m not really seeing….Anyways, if the idea of doing subforums on this topic comes to fruition, it’s important we use the correct terms and acronyms in order to not cause confusion.

I do think there are people who want to explore in more depth and truly there aren’t too many places one can go for help in navigating the different angles. I know of one past life forum which I won’t name, and found how some people were treated, disappointing. In fact I was shocked at the lack of knowledge of their moderation team. As I watched more closely it became apparent that one of the goals behind this forum was to skim for children’s cases and forget the rest. God forbid if you had a famous past life as that seemed completely unacceptable. There are millions of famous/documented people out there, so to discard what people were sharing or to try and talk them out of it was ludicrous, especially coming from a past life forum! Additionally, you want famous past lives because they’re ten times easier to research….cause they’re documented, duh..... There are methodologies that can be used to help aid in making proper identifications, something that forum staff seemed to be completely unaware of. My point being, there is a niche that’s not being filled and surely Avalon has several members who could help in this arena. Likely it’s why many don’t understand the importance of the topic as there’s no solid means of education provided for individuals to see/experience the value, unless they take the initiative themselves to see it through.

2. Link to Post #62
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Past Lives: The Basics (and, Regression do's and don'ts)

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Now enter the very real possibility that there is no past and there is no future, that in a soul's point of view all of these incarnations are happening simultaneously, and like a extremely long equation, our present incarnation is affecting our other incarnations through the effects, actions and understandings we either choose or do not choose to undertake.
    This is how I feel too. When the future being able to affect the past started to actually make sense to me, I laughed.

Everyone else though, don't forget to consider "fake memories". Think about what it's like in your dreams, you don't usually know you're dreaming until you wake up.

I recall a little of what seems like a past life, or maybe a future life - but I'm hesitant to believe it's MY life. I wasn't even on earth... It really just feels like someone else's memories.

Bill said "When you truly remember, you know" and that's what I'd like. Some truth, and knowing

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), DNA (3rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), seko (5th November 2017)

4. Link to Post #63
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,505 times in 4,311 posts

I think a section just for this topic is a good idea! We already do have 'Past Lives we Remember', but really it's only pertinent to those who remember. A discussion area might be useful.

Perhaps a sub-forum under 'Spirituality' and covering everything, called Past Lives/Reincarnation/Karma.. or something like that ??
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Thanks to all for your posts! I make the following comments for informational purposes only.

I'm not wanting to provoke any conflict or disagreement here. The entire subject can be very emotionally charged sometimes — for reasons that may be obvious.

I'm also absolutely NOT making or implying any judgement about any personal information that someone posting here has taken the risk and generosity to share. That would in itself be a violation of a protocol... which is never to judge anyone else's presentation of past life details. These things are way too delicate and vulnerable (and important!) to permit that.

My only interest is in explaining, as best I can, how problems can occur sometimes, and presenting (from quite a lot of experience) some of the basic precepts that enable sessions to work well.

Quote Posted by we-R-one (here)
    You can also download a PDF where he [Robert Schwartz] offers a method to access your PreBirth plan via meditation for free. In the PDF he states:
    “To the best of my knowledge, there are three ways in which you can determine what you planned before your were born. 1) through working with mediums and channels 2) through hypnotic regression to the ‘life-between-life state or 3) through meditation.”
    4) Two weeks ago I did a major between-lives regression with an Avalon member, over Skype, where no hypnotism was involved at all. It was a carefully guided, fully-aware conversation. This can really work.

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I find it interesting that stories of my past lives by psychics rarely tell the same story.
    Many thanks, and this is my exact point. Readings from others, no matter how honest and well-intentioned, are not [at all!] guaranteed to be accurate. It's not your own memory. It's just what someone's wanting to tell you.

They then move on to their next client — while you're left thinking about it for years to come, and quite possibly taking it on board as a belief. Telling people stuff is a HUGE responsibility. What you reported is a good statement of the problems, and the risks.

And there are risks. To profoundly believe something quite incorrect about yourself is disempowering and can even be harmful.

It's all very nice being told you were a Priestess or a Pharaoh. But what if you're told the problems in your marriage are because one of you murdered the other one last lifetime?

I know cases where a so-called 'therapist' has done that. And suppose that was quite incorrect? Now start to imagine how that helps everything. Believing that, when it was totally untrue, could actually fully destroy the relationship and prevent any recovery at all.

A good Akashic Record reader is going to give you more detailed information.
    I'm quite sure they will. But how can one know how accurate it is? The answer is that one can't.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd November 2017 at 19:52.

7. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), ALLARON (4th November 2017), Baby Steps (5th November 2017), Callista (5th November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), DNA (4th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Hervé (3rd November 2017), Iloveyou (3rd November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (4th November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th November 2017), Michelle Marie (3rd November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), Noelle (4th November 2017), Omi (4th November 2017), pueblo (3rd November 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd November 2017), Rosemarie (10th December 2018), Sunny-side-up (4th November 2017), TrumanCash (6th November 2017), WildOrchid (4th November 2017)

8. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I'm quite sure they will. But how can one know how accurate it is? The answer is that one can't.
    It's exactly why I suggest you focus on your core identities which are your famous and well documented incarnations. It's not about being famous, it's so you have something to research! You can't research an unnamed person now can you? Then you can see if what they're telling you is accurate as you look for 'objectives'. This is my area of expertise and I can explain in more detail, however I rather this topic be more organized as the information on this thread will get buried and lost. There is a methodology that some researchers use.

I don't use Kevin(Akashic Reader)Ryerson to ask how the world was created or things that take a scientific expertise to understand, however you can if you want....my focus has been on documented past lives because they can be researched. This builds confidence and credibility that who you're working with knows what they're doing because they're giving you information on the fly which you can record and refer to later. The person getting the reading needs to take the time to research the information given, to look for affirmations rather than just 'believe' what they're being told. And don't just look at yourself and that identity, look at the people around you, because if they're matching in the same way you are to people of the same time period of your identity, it makes your case more compelling which makes it more believable that you've been given a proper identity. If possible get your face measured, Biometrics can prove you have a proper identity.

When several things begin to match you have to ask yourself....what are the statistical odds that all these things would be matching if I wasn't this person. Common 'objectives' one can look for are names matching, dates matching, similar experiences, are some of your close family and friends matching to the people who were with you during those times, do you have similar health issues to that person, do you have a birth mark in the same location of an injury you had in that life time? You're also looking for patterns and characteristic traits just to name a few areas one can look for when exploring their identities.
    Last edited by we-R-one; 3rd November 2017 at 20:17.

9. Link to Post #66
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

I'd be interested in discussing maybe not so much the particulars of past lives, But the various processes of remembering them.
    From that maybe what those memories actually mean. I have a working theory about what makes us remember a past life, what it's significance is for our lives now.

Like Petra above I'm hesitant to call those memories mine.
    The risks Bill talks about are there even from memory. The one where I ran over someone with an ox-cart. Who is near to me in this life for instance was a self found memory. No-one who suggested it.
    And it screwed me over for a while.

As it is a subject I have been interested in for years. I'd like to dive deeper into it. and maybe fine tune some theories or falsify them if we can.

With Love

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Debra (6th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), jms2112 (6th November 2017), pueblo (3rd November 2017)

11. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

I find it interesting that stories of my past lives by psychics rarely tell the same story.

This is for Ron Mauer Sr. in reference to my comments a few posts back #60. I pulled this post I wrote from a different past life thread, but it should give you some ideas for those wanting to pursue an Akashic Reader.

Exploring past lives is one of the most amazing experiences you can do for your spiritual growth. But don’t just stop at one, keep going! I can only imagine the undiscovered stories that have yet to be shared. Watch for patterns as these can be clues. I highly recommend seeking the assistance of Kevin Ryerson who will read your Akashic Records. He’s excellent and very accurate. Don’t just ‘believe’ what he tells you, research it! At first the skeptic in me didn’t necessarily believe any of the identities he gave me until I researched further. And even though I fully trust him now as I’ve been 3 times, I will still research what I’m told when it’s possible. Researching the identities is how you find parallels and lessons to be learned compared to who you were and who you are today. Kevin will give you exact names and dates so there’s no ‘guessing’. www.kevinryerson.com

Kevin is well known for his work with American Actress Shirley MacLaine.
    https://www.edgarcayce.org/about-us/.../kevin-ryerson

Here’s what I suggest you ask:
    1. Do I have any famous or documented past lives?
    I came across this info by shear luck because the memories I had been having were tied to a famous past life. Now I see the value and it’s why I recommend this being the first question you ask. Why? It’s not about being famous…it’s because famous people are well documented! It is here where you have something to work with in order to find links between who you are today and other past lives. I found that names and numbers were following me tied to who I had been. When you obtain knowledge about more than one identity and you are a well documented person, it allows you to see parallels between the lives! And it further confirms these are proper identifications of yourself.

2. What soul group are you from?
    You may be surprised where this clue matches with your identity of today. I can tell you the meaning of my surname is ‘Devotee of St. Michael’, which is tied to the soul group whence I came Archangel Michael and Raphael. There is no other surname that I could find with the same meaning, When Kevin did my reading and gave me my soul group name he did not know my surname! Interesting enough I was born in The City of Angels.

3. Ask or confirm a few identities of those within your soul group that are close to you today.
    As you are trying to figure yourself out, part of the process is identifying others close to you. Because what you ask yourself is….If I’m not this person I’m being told I am….how is it that the people around me are matching to identities of people that were with me in this past life? It’s not a coincidence!

In all cases you are looking for what’s called ‘objectives’. Objectives can be names matching, dates matching, being put into similar situations, characteristic traits matching, your tastes in jewelry, clothes and decor can be a reflection of what you remember. Places you work today matching to names of long ago can be considered an objective. Some even have past life dreams that can later be found in documentation. You may have a scar where you were injured in a previous life time. I was even given a similar gift in this lifetime that a person gave me in a past life which cued me into her past life identity.

You asked about death and I do have one memory about my death while on Mars if you can believe that…at least that is where I believe it took place based on the specifics of what I remember which came in a reoccurring dream when I was a child which was quite scary and couldn't be placed on planet Earth. My twin soul seems to remember his death in several of his past lives. As we were comparing our stories we started to notice we were having similar deaths from one life to the next. Both of us died together in the fiery ashes of Pompeii, 79 A.D. Both of us had our heads cut off with 3 strokes of an ax by Elizabeth I as 2nd Earl of Essex and Mary Queen of Scots….. and in our most recent past life both of us experienced a car accident in the month of December and then died from our injuries a few weeks later. We are both holding our breaths in this lifetime and have instructed our spouses to document everything…date and time of death, type of death, location etc., To be given to the other for documentation. Intuitively I have a feeling it will be me first…and we even joked that it’s possible we might die together. If you look at our astrological charts they are almost identical in the fact that the planets and signs are the same. We have wondered if our growth rate is the same and/or tied to our origination on this planet as twins in which you would have known us a Artemis and Apollo.

The best way you can teach yourself what to look for is by studying other cases. The more ‘objectives’ you can find the more compelling the case you have. It’s not a contest, it’s for your growth and benefit and seriously it can be quite fun, interesting and amusing all at once. Because of who I was I’ve been able to clear up some muddy things history can’t seem to clarify. What I’m saying is….depending on who you’ve been, you can see what descriptions in history are more likely accurate based on who you are today and what you’re doing in comparison. And because I know my soul group and several of my identities I was able to discover things I have yet to find in any ancient texts. I can tell you the Essenes that walked with Jesus weren’t just the messengers of the Archangels, they were the Archangels. I can also tell you many of the Greek gods were also the disciples and followers of Jesus…..and I can tell you they are also known as the E.T. race The Elohim, known to be one of the 'guardians' of this planet as found in ancient texts. And this is what I discovered by pursuing my own reincarnation cases. No stone un-turned! No fear! 'Know Thyself' is key to the truth many of you seek.

Truly embrace all your identities and do not be embarrassed by what you may discover and be open to what others reveal. For some this is most difficult to do and there’s a lot of fear for opening up about one’s identities for fear of being ridiculed or accused of self promotion. Never make fun of someone's past life, I don't care if they were Hitler! We're all playing roles, that's what reincarnation tells you. Those of us who’ve spent the time exploring understand the benefits so you are not alone in your quest thought it may feel like it as few dare to explore the unknown. You are not here on Earth to be perfect, you are here to learn and grow. You are here to master the art of imperfection. Love yourself no matter what you discover as there is no judgment…we are all playing roles of the light and the dark. When you truly understand reincarnation it brings peace as no matter how dark the role is that someone plays, it is not necessarily who they are, or who their higher self may be. Reincarnation suggests that life on planet Earth isn’t what’s real, but merely an illusion for souls to master the game of the light and the dark, known as the Polarity Integration Game.

P.S. Plus the experience is one helluva history lesson
    Last edited by we-R-one; 3rd November 2017 at 20:39.

12. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    I'd be interested in discussing maybe not so much the particulars of past lives, But the various processes of remembering them.
    From that maybe what those memories actually mean. I have a working theory about what makes us remember a past life, what it's significance is for our lives now.

Like Petra above I'm hesitant to call those memories mine.
    The risks Bill talks about are there even from memory. The one where I ran over someone with an ox-cart. Who is near to me in this life for instance was a self found memory. No-one who suggested it.
    And it screwed me over for a while.

As it is a subject I have been interested in for years. I'd like to dive deeper into it. and maybe fine tune some theories or falsify them if we can.

With Love
    You are right. I saw/heard a few things that definitely were not pasr lifes but most would have defined it as past life. They were observation of something that happened most probably in those places but unrelated to my soul thread. Some kind of time remote viewing

The difference being that when it is related to my evolution thread, there is always a change in my life, quite direct change, either in my thinking or my physical life.
    Last edited by Flash; 3rd November 2017 at 20:42.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017)

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

I agree. so what is it we are observing and why do we feel it as a full immersive experience and still feel hesitant to call it a previous life?
    I got the idea when reading one of robert monroe's books where he explained a R.O.T.E.
    R.O.T.E.
    A term created by Robert Monroe that means "Thought Balls". R.O.T.E. stands for Related Organized Thought Energy which is transferred from one soul to another.

From popular new agey science thoughts are often explained as free floating self contained objects. We just tune into them.
    I think that if we intent to do or accomplish something hard enough that intention carries with it the particulars of the intender's life.

Now if for whatever reason the intended intention does not find fulfillment/completion. Maybe it exists after the intender dies. leaving a thought-ball/rote/intention floating around.
    If we pick up that intention and at some level agree to help it find completion or deconstruction we can tap into the particulars of the intender. As it is stored as a full life account of the intender we can immerse ourselves in a full fledged re-experience of parts of the intenders life, almost as if we were walking in the intenders mind.

That would explain a lot me thinks

With Love

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (3rd November 2017)

16. Link to Post #70
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

For me, the primary value for exploring past lives is to gather information that may be useful in this one.
    A secondary value is to understand how the pieces of this puzzle fit together.
    The third and least important value is pure entertainment.
    Discovery of being famous in a past life has no value at all.

Multidimensional selves are a similar and related topic. I've asked to see them as I fell asleep. I was shown a friendly reptilian.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 3rd November 2017 at 22:12.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Baby Steps (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2017), Jayke (5th November 2017), NancyV (4th November 2017), we-R-one (3rd November 2017)

18. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    It's exactly why I suggest you focus on your core identities which are your famous and well documented incarnations. It's not about being famous, it's so you have something to research! You can't research an unnamed person now can you? Then you can see if what they're telling you is accurate as you look for 'objectives'. This is my area of expertise and I can explain in more detail, however I rather this topic be more organized as the information on this thread will get buried and lost. There is a methodology that some researchers use.

I don't use Kevin(Akashic Reader)Ryerson to ask how the world was created or things that take a scientific expertise to understand, however you can if you want....my focus has been on documented past lives because they can be researched. This builds confidence and credibility that who you're working with knows what they're doing because they're giving you information on the fly which you can record and refer to later. The person getting the reading needs to take the time to research the information given, to look for affirmations rather than just 'believe' what they're being told. And don't just look at yourself and that identity, look at the people around you, because if they're matching in the same way you are to people of the same time period of your identity, it makes your case more compelling which makes it more believable that you've been given a proper identity. If possible get your face measured, Biometrics can prove you have a proper identity.

When several things begin to match you have to ask yourself....what are the statistical odds that all these things would be matching if I wasn't this person. Common 'objectives' one can look for are names matching, dates matching, similar experiences, are some of your close family and friends matching to the people who were with you during those times, do you have similar health issues to that person, do you have a birth mark in the same location of an injury you had in that life time? You're also looking for patterns and characteristic traits just to name a few areas one can look for when exploring their identities.
    Adding a bit more to enhance my answer above:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here with my next remark which is based on studying my cases and that of my Twin Soul's in great depth.....If I had to guess, I would say the life that has the most 'objectives' matching might be the life you're paralleling the most and maybe the life you have the most past life memories surfacing. And that could be why 'objectives' were really easy for us to find in comparison to these lives.

Meaning, I had no problem finding name matches, date matches and other pertinent 'objectives' to my life as Mary Queen of Scots and some of those around me. Even the 'virtue' I was subjected to in this lifetime is mirroring that lifetime. In the role as Mary Stuart I was 'abandoned' by many, people. I was also forced to 'abandon' my son and abdicate the throne to him. In this lifetime I am married to my son, the reincarnation King James VI(Akashic confirmed), and we were put into a position where the same virtue of 'abandonment' would be experienced if I hadn't made the correct 'choice'. So it's all about 'choice' just like the movie The Matrix tells you. Knowing who I had been and being a documented person, helped assist in recognizing this parallel.

My Twin Soul on the other hand, remembers his most current past life as General George S. Patton Jr.(Akashic confirmed), and out of all his cases has the most documented 'objectives' for this lifetime compared to his other identities. In this lifetime he is learning the virtue of humility. If you go back and research Patton, you will read about the 'slapping' incident. His lesson in humility in this lifetime, stems from the 'slapping incident', which you can read about here:

http://militaryhistorynow.com/2016/0...test-generals/

"It was Aug. 3 and Patton’s Seventh Army, fresh from its victory at Palermo,...."-
    Notice the 3 and 7? This is what I mean when I say both he and I have 3's and 7's following us from one incarnation to the next. I'm wondering if those particular numbers are clues to signifying the 'virtue' he would have to deal with in another life time...purely speculating on that one though and would need to see more patterns from other cases to feel I'm truly 'on to something'.

The parallels I'm suggesting seems more likely and might be a question to ask someone such as Dr. Semkiw who has observed many patterns over the years in his case studies. Another reason I say this, is because when you read cases, the whole reason you're reading about the case in the first place is because the person involved has the most information about the identity which is why they're sharing it in the first place.

I learned about 'objectives' and what to look for when working on cases through Semkiw's work and if you go to his website you'll see many cases on there where you can find such 'objectieves' if you're looking for ideas.

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=...earch-home&hl=

Discovery of being famous in a past life has no value at all.
    You may want to rethink that.....it will if that's the life time you're paralleling and where the lesson to be learned is coming from.

19. Link to Post #72
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

If we were not created to be manipulated so easily we would have evolved at a greater rate
    and still we are held back by the manipulators.

This can be clearly seen in our bowing and scraping in regard to 'so called' royalty.

Check out David Icke's observations.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (7th November 2017)

21. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    If we were not created to be manipulated so easily we would have evolved at a greater rate
    and still we are held back by the manipulators.

This can be clearly seen in our bowing and scraping in regard to 'so called' royalty.

Check out David Icke's observations.
    You're greatest lessons can be taught by manipulators. Please read my own experience here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post594595

My adopted father, discussed in the story is the reincarnation of John Knox(Akashic confirmed), nemesis to Mary Queen of Scots. Dealing with him in both lifetimes was horrible, however, he taught me the greatest lesson I could have possibly learned and that is the lesson of love, compassion and forgiveness. I'm forever grateful. Clearly because I researched my past life and astrological chart I now know it was all by design and I am no victim.

I will ask this question over and over again. How can you be a victim of anything if reincarnation suggests this reality isn't what's real? Combined research of past life regression cases, NDE's and past life research strongly suggest planet Earth is a school for souls to learn and grow.

It's time to stop playing the blame game, learn your lessons and move on.
    Last edited by we-R-one; 3rd November 2017 at 23:23.

22. Link to Post #74
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

There is a line between responding to the content of a post, and rather harshly critiquing the poster.

I deleted the two posts containining these quoted snippets:
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I think there is a line between ...
    Your post offers ...
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Callista (4th November 2017), Daozen (4th November 2017), Jean-Marie (4th November 2017), Noelle (4th November 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (4th November 2017), RunningDeer (5th November 2017), we-R-one (4th November 2017)

24. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

So learning some soul lessons through myriads of life seems to be one of the prevelant explanations to why such a thing as reincarnation exists correct?
    Now it does make me wonder as for who is teaching us these lessons. Why do we go to school at all.
    What does our soul (if it exists as something more real than our ego's) expect to gain by such a school?
    What do we aspire to learn?

Why do we trust our so-called guides. Where do they fit into the picture..

You see when I read and listen to the so-called enlightened ones. They seem hell bent on the notion that NOW is where it's at.
    In my mind they try to circumvent the whole linear from here to there thread through lives claiming we allready are what we aspire to be.(no lessons needed, just realization)
    Enlightened ones come from manny background and all have or use explanations from some accapted philosophy to use as a base on which they expand.
    Probably because das ding an sich cannot be named. so metaphores are used.

The living here and now where everything is. Seems to contradict a little with lifes lessons that need to be learned or experienced first.

With Love

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th November 2017), Noelle (4th November 2017)

26. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

I haven't followed this post but have a possable related question (not sure if already mentioned).

I remember reading/watching something about memories of Mars that come from regressions.
    It was said that there is a certain regression that most humans show as being in a distant Mars war life, is this a real phenomenon ?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th November 2017), Noelle (4th November 2017)

28. Link to Post #77
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

This might sound strange, I’ve always thought that interests and hobbies that develop spontaneously in childhood are reflective of past existences.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Adaline (7th November 2017), avid (4th November 2017), Flash (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Hervé (4th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th November 2017), Noelle (4th November 2017), Wind (4th November 2017)

30. Link to Post #78
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by JoefromtheCarolinas (here)
    This might sound strange, I’ve always thought that interests and hobbies that develop spontaneously in childhood are reflective of past existences.
    ... as well as phobic aversions to some activities... like with the "Thought and the Electronic people"

PS: Then, of course there is this oddity of where do all these Sci-Fi writers get all their ideas when these said Sci-Fi writers have the highest rate of hits on their predictions...
    Last edited by Hervé; 4th November 2017 at 16:06.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (4th November 2017), Flash (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th November 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (4th November 2017), Noelle (4th November 2017), seko (5th November 2017)

32. Link to Post #79
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was wondering if this is the right place to post this. I think it could be.

If reality is some kind of a virtual reality and this is the idea I'm leaning on with my present level of understanding, then did we really have past lives? Shouldn't they be part of the illusion? So that begets the next question, did the history we study actually happen or was that an illusion? Did Jesus Christ, Caesar, Alexander, William the Conqueror, Queen Victoria et al actually exist or is history just part of the illusion, just an implanted memory or set of memories?

Also, if past lives aren't part of the illusion, is it possible that what we consider to be past lives are actually us accessing the Akashic Records?

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

Flash (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2017), Hervé (5th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (5th November 2017)

34. Link to Post #80
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Akashic Records?
    Now... that's an interesting terminology, isn't it?

Because, if these thingies are RECORDS, what was recorded?

What recorded them?

Can an "imaginative visualization" become part of the "records"?

If it's some kind of energy field that's being imprinted with data... then, said data can be "Photo-shopped," right?

Which leads me to considering that said "Akashic Records" are no more than the content of some recycling bins... for indefinite re-use or... NOT
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Catsquotl (5th November 2017), DNA (6th November 2017), Flash (5th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2017), Jayke (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (5th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast