+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: The Skinwalker Ranch

1. Link to Post #81
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Default Re: The Skinwalker Ranch

The movie, Skinwalker Ranch (2013) was darned scary, and when "it" finally showed up, it looked like a very large (were?)wolf. The movie itself didn't fare that well (5.1/10) and was done as a docu-drama. If you enjoy creepy, tense, scary movies, it's quite watchable IMO.

Quote A scientific research team investigates and documents the supernatural phenomena surrounding the disappearance of a cattle ranchers 10 year old son. Inspired by true events that shocked the paranormal community around the world.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2881698/?ref_=nv_sr_1

2. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,420 times in 5,645 posts

There should be some serious field work in the valley to be done by some group of researchers other than those that locked the gate on people that would wish to be a part of understanding skinwalker paranormal events. It doesnt have to be at Skinwalker perhaps some location nearby?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Axman (5th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (5th November 2017), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017)

4. Link to Post #83
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

The movie screen in the sky photo, beginning at around the 37 min. mark in the Dongo video, is incredible -- a big window into another dimension. I've taken some photos of human faces and bodies formed from clouds, and I have seriously considered these beings are in another dimension.

And the image shown at 37.16 min., one of the cloud beings that I took a photo of is very similar, with some sort of shoulder pads or ornaments and holding some kind of tool or weapon.

I hope it's ok to post my photos: the first a blowup of the original and the second with some adjustments made using LunaPic to bring out the details. It was taken in 2016.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CG002.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	36424  
    Attached Images  

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Axman (5th November 2017), BMJ (5th November 2017), DNA (5th November 2017), genevieve (5th November 2017), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017)

6. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    The movie, Skinwalker Ranch (2013) was darned scary, and when "it" finally showed up, it looked like a very large (were?)wolf. The movie itself didn't fare that well (5.1/10) and was done as a docu-drama. If you enjoy creepy, tense, scary movies, it's quite watchable IMO.

Quote A scientific research team investigates and documents the supernatural phenomena surrounding the disappearance of a cattle ranchers 10 year old son. Inspired by true events that shocked the paranormal community around the world.
    http://imdb.com/title/tt2881698
    Here, in the Avalon Library:

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Axman (5th November 2017), BMJ (5th November 2017), DNA (5th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (5th November 2017), Kevan (5th November 2017), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017), muxfolder (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th November 2017)

8. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Looking at these photographs, I'm curious to know if there is a difference when using digital or film.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

KiwiElf (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th November 2017)

10. Link to Post #86
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Looking at these photographs, I'm curious to know if there is a difference when using digital or film.
    Oh yes, HUGE difference (literally). (Gahhhh,... Photoshop takes a whole chapter to explain this, so I'll try to condense):

Film is continuous tone which means put simply, it's not made up of dots or pixels, so an enlargement can be enormous before you see the "grain". Digital images are made up of tiny squares or pixels & are resolution dependent. As you enlarge them, the pixels become easy to see. But it also depends on whether you are referring to images which are printed in a magazine versus an original photograph, or pixels in a digital format (like DVD, BluRay or the digital movies on YouTube, or photos you take with a digital camera or see on the internet - these are relatively low resolution on a website to match your computer monitor or TV, ie 72 - 96 ppi or pixels per inch) versus an actual film reel or old style photograph.

In printed format, we use a different method of measurement: dpi (dots per inch) or dpc (dots per centimeter). The original photograph (conventional or digital), is converted to geometrically spaced round dots of varying size to create light and dark/colour mixtures known as a halftone - these are very noticeable in a newspaper; the dots are quite large. In a magazine, the dots are very fine (you'll need a magnifying glass). With inkjet printing or stochastic printing, the dots are very small and are randomly spaced, almost photographic. The printing method we are used to seeing is an optical illusion using (usually) 4 x process colours - Magenta (a dark pinky red), Cyan (a dark sky blue), Yellow & Black (often referred to as CMYK (K=Black) - which are the same as the little containers on an ink jet printer). The "dots" in a colour image are geometrically rotated and overlap, creating the illusion of thousands of colours.

With inkjet printing, you get a much finer result because of the random patterning and incredibly fine dots which are randomly "sprayed" (& mixed on the paper), again, creating the illusion of thousands of colours.

Likewise, an image printed off the internet will look quite pixellated - we need a higher resolution (roughly 4 x the size) to get a good print as a digital photograph or an image we will print in a magazine, although it looks fine on your computer or TV.

A single frame image produced from a standard basic digital camera is enormous compared to video.

Digital Image resolution is a different colour process (RGB for Red Green & Blue) measured by the number of vertical lines times the number of horizontal lines of light in a picture. It is represented by the number of horizontal lines going across the screen like 480, 720 or 1080. The higher the number the higher the resolution and more detailed the picture.

For example: DVD vs BluRay
    DVD- Almost all DVDs have a standard definition resolution of 480 or enhanced definition resolution of 520. These resolutions look great on a standard “tube” TV utilizing all available pixels on the screen. (The actual dimensions of such an image are about the size of a pkt of cigarettes or, your typical YouTube size video). However, if blown up to accommodate a widescreen HDTV the picture may look grainy or "pixellated" - you will actually notice the the pixels. Although a DVD can store high definition data it would only fit about 30 minutes maximum.

Blu-ray- Blu-ray was designed for high definition 1080 display. Since they can store 25 GB of data you can fit an entire HD movie on a single layer disc. Blu-ray currently has the best image resolution on the market and looks great on HDTVs. Blu-ray discs are one of the few signal sources that displays in 1080, not even HD cable or satellite companies can claim that yet.

If you enlarged Bill's images (above) or any image off the internet, to say double size, the (square) pixels would become easy to see. With film, it would just appear a little more grainy but still "smooth".

Computer paint programs such as Photoshop, use a method called interpolation to enlarge a digital image by adding or "inventing" pixels in between. (This is used in digital video as well). The enlargement result is OK to a point but will look quite blurry.

This also affects the resolution an image is scanned at to convert it for either print, web or video.

As an example, a scanning resolution for the following if we assume the actual size dimensions of the finished image are constant:
    Newspaper = 150 - 200 ppi
    Magazine/digital photograph = 225 - 400 ppi
    Web page = 72 - 96 ppi

OK... bit more to it than that - it's complicated! . If you want the real detail, you can go to Adobe & download one of their PDF Help manuals for Photoshop and delve into the chapter on resolution.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/archive.html

Last edited by KiwiElf; 5th November 2017 at 10:44.

11. Link to Post #87
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

Dogs smoking cigarettes.. That's my favorite.

Quote In this episode Ryan and I talk with Chris O'brien about his personal experience and knowledge regarding the Sherman ranch (also known as Skinwalker .

In this episode Ryan and I talk with Chris O'brien about his personal experience and knowledge regarding the Sherman ranch (also known as Skinwalker .

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

BMJ (5th November 2017), DNA (22nd September 2018), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017)

13. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Oh yes, HUGE difference (literally). (Gahhhh,... Photoshop takes a whole chapter to explain this, so I'll try to condense):

Film is continuous tone which means put simply, it's not made up of dots or pixels, so an enlargement can be enormous before you see the "grain".
    What I meant was, I am curious as to whether entities or phenomenon that are outside the visible spectrum, or for whatever reason cannot be seen with the eye, show up the same on digital or film.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

DNA (22nd September 2018), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th November 2017)

15. Link to Post #89
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Film is continuous tone which means put simply, it's not made up of dots or pixels, so an enlargement can be enormous before you see the "grain".
    What I meant was, I am curious as to whether entities or phenomenon that are outside the visible spectrum, or for whatever reason cannot be seen with the eye, show up the same on digital or film.
    Whoops - please forgive the misunderstanding - in my own experience yes, they can on digital. I have nothing to compare with on film myself but others have reported strange "anomalies" & "entities" showing up on film which could not be seen with the naked eye.
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 5th November 2017 at 15:39.

16. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Whoops - please forgive the misunderstanding - in my own experience yes, they can on digital. I have nothing to compare with on film myself but others have reported strange "anomalies" showing up on film which could not be seen with the naked eye.
    Thanks. I'm surprised that Dongo has not tried, or at least has not mentioned, other forms of multispectral recording such as infrared. Could be interesting.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

DNA (22nd September 2018), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th November 2017)

18. Link to Post #91
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

At exactly 11:00 in his Sedona/ Bradshaw Ranch presentation, Tom Dongo mentions that Nancy McKinney's photographs were taken with a digital camera, and that "one of the inventors of digital photography", who didn't want his name mentioned in any connection with the strange images, said "they weren't defects in the camera, at all; the camera was filming actual objects".

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (6th November 2017), DNA (5th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (5th November 2017), mojo (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th November 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (5th November 2017)

20. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,420 times in 5,645 posts

Rogan visits to see the Ranch with Ryan Skinner...Ryan seen a lot and Joe says he must be the luckiest man alive showing his skepticism...

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2017), BMJ (6th November 2017), DNA (5th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (5th November 2017), KiwiElf (5th November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th November 2017), muxfolder (5th November 2017), Noelle (5th November 2017), sunwings (5th November 2017)

22. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

On the island of Grenada, British West Indies, the natives tell stories about the Loopgaro or Luggaro (phonetic?). It can take the shape of an animal or beautiful woman who has hooves instead of toes and lures a man to a nearby cliff and then throws him off of it. This shape shifter also takes on the form of a glowing ball levitating through the air and is said to be a vampire. This island has a history. I believe there is an underground or undersea base in its environs. The same is said of Puerto Rico and many of the other islands.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2017), BMJ (6th November 2017), Debra (4th August 2018), DNA (6th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (6th November 2017), KiwiElf (6th November 2017), mojo (6th November 2017), Noelle (6th November 2017)

24. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

This is a fairly recent interview with Tom Dongo. I have not heard it yet, I plan on listening tonight. I'm surprised I've never seen it before.

I was first introduced to Tom Dongo via his self published books concerning his experiences and those of others he had interviewed for his books.
    They are very thin books that get right to the point very quickly.
    One of the repeated strange things you hear is talk of an underground US Millitary type base in what is known as Secret Canyon located in the Sedona area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ9mrBXf27o

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2017), BMJ (6th November 2017), Debra (4th August 2018), Flowerpunkchip (6th November 2017), KiwiElf (6th November 2017), mojo (6th November 2017), Noelle (6th November 2017)

26. Link to Post #95
    France Avalon Member Flowerpunkchip's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 275 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    This is a fairly recent interview with Tom Dongo. I have not heard it yet, I plan on listening tonight. I'm surprised I've never seen it before.

I was first introduced to Tom Dongo via his self published books concerning his experiences and those of others he had interviewed for his books.
    They are very thin books that get right to the point very quickly.
    One of the repeated strange things you hear is talk of an underground US Millitary type base in what is known as Secret Canyon located in the Sedona area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ9mrBXf27o
    That birthday clip looks unreal but what do I know?
    Would be great if we could look at the full recording but I can't find it.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flowerpunkchip For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2017), BMJ (6th November 2017), DNA (6th November 2017), mojo (6th November 2017), Noelle (6th November 2017)

28. Link to Post #96
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

Here's another good one. A lot of commercial breaks, but you can of course just skip them.

Quote Skinwalker Ranch is allegedly the site of paranormal and UFO related activities. Its name is taken from the Skinwalker of Native American legend. It was so .

Retired Army Colonel John Alexander was part of a group researchers and scientists who investigated reports of cattle mutilations and other strange occurrence .

In 1995 I was told this story around a fire as a boy scout by who I believe was Ute tribe member Larry Cesspooch. We were at Camp Tomahawk in the Uintas .

George Knapp tells the true story of one of the most bizarre scientific investigations in modern history, skinwalker ranch. A young family purchases a picturesque .

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2017), BMJ (6th November 2017), Debra (4th August 2018), DNA (7th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (6th November 2017), mojo (6th November 2017), Noelle (6th November 2017), sigma6 (10th November 2017)

30. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    There should be some serious field work in the valley to be done by some group of researchers other than those that locked the gate on people that would wish to be a part of understanding skinwalker paranormal events. It doesnt have to be at Skinwalker perhaps some location nearby?
    I could have sworn there's a group of researchers there now, who have been there for a little while, and are making a book/documentary. I'd have to double check when I have time. I'll let ya'll know here as soon as I do.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

BMJ (7th November 2017), Flowerpunkchip (7th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th November 2017), mojo (7th November 2017), Noelle (7th November 2017)

32. Link to Post #98
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg

A very interesting book, although not very well written.

Last edited by skogvokter; 8th November 2017 at 05:26.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (8th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th November 2017), mojo (8th November 2017), Noelle (8th November 2017), sigma6 (10th November 2017)

34. Link to Post #99
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by skogvokter (here)
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg

A very interesting book, although not very well written.

Not very well written?
    This book is a capstone in terms of understanding phenomenon folks such as John Keel and Jacquee Vallee have spent a life time providing glimpses of.
    This is a collection of first hand testimonial gathered by investigators, were you expecting Leo Tolstoy?

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

mojo (9th November 2017), sigma6 (10th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th November 2017)

36. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Am I the only one having real problems with the sound here?

Quote Posted by muxfolder (here)
    Here's another good one. A lot of commercial breaks, but you can of course just skip them.

Quote Skinwalker Ranch is allegedly the site of paranormal and UFO related activities. Its name is taken from the Skinwalker of Native American legend. It was so .

Retired Army Colonel John Alexander was part of a group researchers and scientists who investigated reports of cattle mutilations and other strange occurrence .

In 1995 I was told this story around a fire as a boy scout by who I believe was Ute tribe member Larry Cesspooch. We were at Camp Tomahawk in the Uintas .

George Knapp tells the true story of one of the most bizarre scientific investigations in modern history, skinwalker ranch. A young family purchases a picturesque .
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

mojo (9th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast