+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canada's Governor General Made Some Statements About God, Oh My

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Default Canada's Governor General Made Some Statements About God, Oh My

If I say "God of Christ and Abraham is not real and we must reconstruct misinformation" , mass could laugh at me but if a former astronaut and high ranking governmental figure say this, people get crazy.
    For now, all news videos disappeared from the web only few lines to criticize her position for religions. below link probably is temporary , if you can download please do that.

Her speech had a scattering, pinball machine trajectory. In the space of a few sentences it went from climate change, to the origin of life, to newspaper horoscopes; from dicta on the “denialism” sometimes confronting the first, to the religious understandings of the second, and the vacuous absurdity of the third. The problem with this neat triad is that, while a tirade against horoscopy might be perfectly agreeable to most everyone (being a machine gun attack on a whole field of straw men — who reads horoscopes save for feeble amusement?), assertions on life and climate are on another plane entirely.

Her quote: “And we are still debating and still questioning whether life was a divine intervention or whether it was coming out of a natural process let alone, oh my goodness, a random process.”

In this wonderfully diverse Canada that Ms. Payette now represents, was it her intent to ridicule the religious beliefs of so very many faiths whose cosmologies include a divine creation, some as myth, some as a fact of faith — as opposed to a fact of science? It may be easy to flip a rhetorical knuckle at, say, Christian fundamentalists (almost a hobby for present-day secularists), but is the Governor General really comfortable with derogating the mythos of so many of the world’s religions, and implicitly at least, leaving them on a plane with the trivial fortune-cookie elaborations of the daily horoscope? Indeed, what of First Nations’ and other Aboriginals’ cosmologies, their spiritual practices, their belief in the “sacredness” of nature? Are these acceptable truths or facts in a scientific age?

Before her current life as Canada's Governor General, Julie Payette was an astronaut —which is presumably why she was the keynote speaker at Canada's ninth annual Science Policy Convention in Ottawa on Wednesday. Her speech was mostly about how good science is and how it should be promoted for the good of society, which is the sort of thing you would expect an astronaut to say at a science conference.

Payette's comments appear to have been mostly well-received by the audience, but some critics online have suggested that some of the things she said were unbecoming of her office. Specifically, she made two facetious remarks suggesting that all debate about both climate change and God's relationship to the origins of biological life were scientifically settled. The headline: Governor General of Canada declares man-made climate change real; the God of Abraham, not so much.

http://www.canada.com/technology/mur...560/story.html

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/a...-and-god-oh-my

Last edited by Tangri; 2nd November 2017 at 22:45.
    Love and Hope

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Apulu (3rd November 2017), BMJ (3rd November 2017), Bruno (3rd November 2017), fourty-two (4th November 2017), Franny (3rd November 2017), Helene West (3rd November 2017), sigma6 (4th November 2017), Star Tsar (3rd November 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Default Re: Canada's Governor General Made Some Statements About God, Oh My

The cult of Baal demands that Christianity be disrespected just like it demanded that conservative Jews of 3000 yrs ago be disrespected and replaced in israel. So yes, she did intend to ridicule as you ask above. She is just another service worker for the international corporate elite who rule over the governments of the western world. She will receive for her disparaging stance, as Gordon Gecko says in the movie Wall Street, "perks, lots and lots of perks".
    I'm not trying to convince anyone but I happen to believe a considerable amount of the elite class are jewish but not of the nice working class jews I grew up with who follow the old testament. They are descendents of the jews who abandoned judaism and went over to the caananites, the followers of Baal. What you call your 'wonderfully diverse Canada' is also part of the plan and those who actually practice a traditional monotheistic religion, namely Chrisitianity, will become more and more of a minority group and weak and will be subjected to more and more disrespect. The caananite jews believe in many gods and goddesses of which Baal is the main one so the monotheistic God must go. The monotheistic God also had a template of absolute laws (10 commandments for example). The followers of Baal believe in relativism, they don't like absolute truths because they want to bend things to their pleasure.

You noted her pushing 'science'. They demand that we worship science and 'experts' (their priests) who they will of course control/nominate. Those who follow a monotheistic religion with a template of absolute laws regarding good and evil may reference their template and give their priests (scientists) flack/confrontation and they don't want that. They are seeking to get rid of as she puts it 'the God of Christ and Abraham' because it involves absolute laws regarding morality and they want moral Relativism.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Apulu (3rd November 2017), BMJ (3rd November 2017), Lifebringer (3rd November 2017), Words of Joy (4th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Nail on the head. If they have "no" power over the The Most High, then they will seek to ridicule Him. That is when HE will show the world who HE is and I think that's very soon now. If i'm sick of it for the last twenty, He's got to be beyond pissed off.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

BMJ (3rd November 2017), Helene West (3rd November 2017), justntime2learn (3rd November 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Question Re: Canada's Governor General Made Some Statements About God, Oh My

Why does she not represent the good people of Canada instead of Elizabeth Windsor Saxo Coberg or whatever she calls herself?

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd November 2017 at 09:13.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

BMJ (3rd November 2017), Helene West (3rd November 2017), justntime2learn (3rd November 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Why does she not represent the good people of Canada instead of Elizabeth Windsor Saxo Coberg or whatever she calls herself?

Why would Payette serve "the good people of Canada" if she is into material gain and self-glorification? The good people can't help her with that. To the globalist's (our caananite rulers) agenda she goes for all that.

The way americans wish to stick to the belief in 'land of the free and home of the brave' Canadians like to pride themselves that they are one of the most 'classicly' liberal countries on earth. But as we've been watching for the last decade they are filled with globalist infiltrators pushing curtailment of free speech, hurtful immigration policies, perks to PC, God hate, white hate, etc.

It's like the peoples of the western world have been massively hypnotized to Not be able to connect dots. The 'good people' refuse to see patterns and just want to react to each and every event or incident as separate events and incidents.

What on earth will the good people do when the globalists (caananites) perfect their technological surveillance & control apparatus? when everyone is completely cashless and has their home has a smart meter and all smart appliances? When they can't do a laundry or make a piece of toast when they want because it's not the right time of day regarding their carbon footprint effects so their electrical appliance is just shut off until 2 a.m. when they will be allowed to do a laundry?

The OP probably didn't post to see patterns either and was just upset at the coldness and arrogance of Payette. but unfortunately she's not independent and her comments are part of a real agenda.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

BMJ (3rd November 2017), justntime2learn (3rd November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread