+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kambo: nature's vaccine

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default Kambo: nature's vaccine

Wondering if anyone have tried this and can share their experience.

“Kambô circulates in the heart. Our shaman said that when we take kambô it makes the heart move accurately, so that things flow, bringing good things to the person. It is as if there was a cloud on the person, preventing the good things to come, then, when it takes the kambô; it comes a ‘green light’ which opens its ways, making things easier.”

Kambô is a resin secreted from the back of a large green jungle frog, given the name Phyllomedusa bicolor for classification, but more commonly known as the giant waxy monkey tree frog. It’s found in the southern Amazon, across the countries of Guyana, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia.
    This medicine has been used for thousands of years within the jungle, where its powers are harnessed for treating “panema” — a word covering a range of negative situations and emotions such as sadness, bad luck, irritation and dark or negative energies.

Reset: In terms of kambô as a medicine, how is it obtained, what are the traditional uses and where did it originate from?
    Darke: Kambô is the secretion of the giant waxy monkey tree frog — Phyllomedusa bicolor. This magnificent emerald green frog smears the secretion over its body at regular intervals as a defense mechanism to protect it from predators like snakes. Many tribes across the upper Amazon region claim kambô, or sapo as it is known in Peru, as their own. No one is really sure who discovered it — the situation is complex. Kambô has been used for so long and so extensively that each tribe has developed its own legend. It is the medicine of many tribes and peoples.
    The frogs are found in Peru, Brazil, Bolivia, Columbia, Ecuador, French Guyana and Venezuela, but the largest use among indigenous people is probably in Brazil and Peru. The Kaxinawá, Katukina, Yawanawá, Mayoruna and Matsés are among the most frequent users.
    Originally, kambô was used in three ways. Firstly as a way to cleanse, strengthen and energize the minds and bodies of the hunters. After taking kambô, they were able to run faster, for longer, eat less, sleep less and for a period of time, they believed that they would be invisible to the animals they were hunting. Secondly, it has been used as medicine, for Malaria, fever, infections and snake bites. Thirdly, it was used to combat laziness and clear away dark or negative energy known as “panema.” When panema is cleared, everything becomes easier, obstacles can be overcome and life flows more naturally. There are many anecdotes of kambô being used for fertility, abortion, behavioral correction and sexual attraction."

http://reset.me/story/kambo-natures-...mind-and-body/

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Art (7th November 2017), avid (6th November 2017), Baby Steps (6th November 2017), Basho (6th November 2017), Bill Ryan (6th November 2017), enigma3 (6th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th November 2017), gnostic9 (6th November 2017), Iloveyou (6th November 2017), Lefty Dave (6th November 2017), meat suit (6th November 2017), Michelle Marie (6th November 2017), Richard S. (6th November 2017), sigma6 (6th November 2017), Stephanie (6th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Kambo: nature's vaccine

I have no personal experience, but here's a good article:

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (6th November 2017), Baby Steps (6th November 2017), Basho (6th November 2017), Bubu (6th November 2017), enigma3 (6th November 2017), etheric underground (6th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th November 2017), gnostic9 (6th November 2017), Iloveyou (6th November 2017), jjjones (6th November 2017), Richard S. (6th November 2017), Stephanie (6th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (6th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Thanks Bubu, keep these threads coming please. This is why we love Project Avalon. When all the fake news has crumbled to dust, the healing + herb threads stay strong.

I imagine scientists have worked out what the active ingredient in Kambo is. You can probably buy a safer version on iherb.

I believe there's a Beavis + Butthead clip about this.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

avid (6th November 2017), Basho (6th November 2017), Bill Ryan (6th November 2017), Bubu (6th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th November 2017), Iloveyou (6th November 2017), Stephanie (6th November 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

hello, yes I have just undergone the treatment 2 months ago and again 10 days ago...
    the experience itself is rather unpleasant.. like dying of a snake bite I imagine.
    my 2nd time was better as I knew how to handle myself and I had the dots layered along heart meridians as thats what I wanted to work on.
    the layering took longer , 2 dots at a time with 5-10 mins between aplied pairs of dots.
    treatment was at 9.30 in the morning on empty stomach. I drank 1 litre within 5 mins before the first dots, then another 3.5 liters during the hour long treatment. I started purging after about 6 dots... purged 4.5 literes in total. its essential to have a good purge otherwise your system gets flooded with the toxins that the treatent has liberated from your system.

my aim was to prepare my body for my Bwiti initiation, especially the heart as that has to work hard for a few days thru the initiation.
    all went well

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Basho (6th November 2017), Bill Ryan (6th November 2017), boolacalaca (8th November 2017), Bubu (6th November 2017), Daozen (7th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th November 2017), Iloveyou (6th November 2017), Stephanie (7th November 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	bpost282.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	36432

I don't prescribe anything for anyone -- we all have our own paths and yet I have my experience to share. For me, Kambo has proven itself and I can readily see why for thousands of years tribal people have used it.

I've had Kambo treatments several times with a shaman in Ecuador. I have since given myself Kambo several times when I felt conditions necessitated a cleansing, a healing, a reset of the immune system, and a dissolving of "panema" - the stuff shaman say we energetically carry around with us that no longer serves us.

Strong Note -- I do not recommend anyone administer Kambo to themselves unless you've experienced it with a shaman many times and have researched the subject very well. It is powerful medicine and must be approached with respect, gratitude, and knowledge of oneself and the conditions under which it does it work. It it definitely not something to take casually or repeatedly over time like an aspirin.

My first experience with the medicine was written up on my blog --- here's a link in case anyone's interested:
    https://grachalacha.blogspot.com/201...-can-hear.html

As one might logically expect, the first experience with Kambo can be the roughest because at that point the medicine has the most to clean out. Over time, if one adopts good habits of healthy eating, avoiding toxins, and spiritual development, the Kambo experience settles down and is not so rough. At least that's my experience with it personally and what I've seen in others.

As I can also attest, many shaman use Kambo very effectively with the plant medicine Ayahuasca. Both work well together -- not taken together, but having a Kambo ceremony the morning after an Ayahuasca ceremony. The purgative and healing effect of the combination was certainly powerful for me.

For those who don't read my post or research farther, here's a bit of trivia you might find interesting. Take it as myth or as literal "tribal knowledge" but shamans share a story past down about a medicine man long ago who faced a sickness among his people that he didn't know how to handle or cure. In desperation, he went into the jungle on a shamanic journey with Mother Ayahuasca. She told him what to do. Her prescription detailed extracting venom from the back of a frog that lives high up in the jungle canopy. This venom was to be administered to the people of the tribe a certain way. None of this was known by the medicine man before. He did this and the tribe recovered from the illness. Tribes believe this is how the medicine was first discovered.

Also, for those interested, in addition to the article Bill posted giving an overview of some of the scientific research, here is another site with information on the topic: http://kambocleanse.com/

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2017), Bruno (6th November 2017), Bubu (6th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th November 2017), Iloveyou (6th November 2017), meat suit (6th November 2017), Stephanie (7th November 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

My first experience with Kambo was, as Boolacalaca discribes, the one with the most impact.

To give a quick glimpse: Pulse rises dramatically, with pressure in the head and upper body. All in a heavy crescendo until the body gives out (or in...) and one vomits violently. Hence the drinking of large amounts of liquids in advance (thin cassava-water in the locale where I was in Brasil). Only few get the ****s. All done in 15-20 mins. With up to a few hours of time to get everything straightened out again. Some are energized right after the ride.

From my own experiences:

After the first time with Kambo, I woke up the next day after a good night's sleep with a new set of lungs. Every breath was a delight for weeks. Surreal.

During other treatments I passed out on my way up, after the application. Right before the climax. I found myself wide awake in a state where I met with light beings that felt like very good friends, such love. They were almost like phosphorescent stickman-people in a sea of light. Then I remembered suddenly; "Wasn't I in a bad state just now?" before coming to and cleansing my guts out.

The Kambo-Ayahuasca combination is a golden one. With long lasting effects.

I quit drinking alcohol for intoxication. Actually, I have been keeping other negative attitudes and influences away. Or rather, often they are not there anymore in me.

Both offer harsh lessons in letting go of control, and being there in the moment without judgement.

Thought me lots on how to deal with intense symptoms of jungle-related ailments.

Love, O.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2017), boolacalaca (7th November 2017), Bubu (7th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th November 2017), Iloveyou (7th November 2017), meat suit (7th November 2017), Stephanie (7th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread