Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Family history and symbols

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Family history and symbols

i have a question about symbols..

My family was "noble" in the early 1300's . There was a castle though all that remains is a fountain. My sister went to Paris over the holidays and found the fountain in Mont Marthe ..

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier...ine_du_Coq.jpg

The fountain has a fish wrapped around a trident..

we have very little information about this end of the family..

Most of the decendents are no longer in france..they are in australia and canada

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Family history and symbols

3. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

are you hoping to get an illuminati "get out of death camp free card"? Long lost nobility?

4. Link to Post #4
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Funny lol..

No .. i am trying to tie up some loose ends.. alot of secrets in my family..my sister and i are trying to find the truth

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

jjl (21st March 2011)

6. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

shoot. i was hoping you had an "angle". I have always had a bit if an Anastasia syndrome (lol).

7. Link to Post #6
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Who knows!! lol

I think the trident and fish is a synbol of atlantis but that really doesnt mean anything

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

check out on page 6...

Talisman

Quote The dust has barely settled in the Holy Land after a terrible raid on Temple Mount when a group of archaeologists in the Judean desert stumble upon a secret room inside a cave. Its walls are covered in Egyptian hieroglyphs and other symbols, including the curious image of a dolphin wrapped around a trident. There they discover an old clay jar, also bearing this unusual symbol, and containing ancient scrolls...Meanwhile, a covert and ruthless sect called The Sons of Light are planning to turn the world upside down...
    Name:  Fontaine_du_Coq image enlarged.JPG
Views: 1073
Size:  15.8 KB

none of the images I have found show the dolphin's tail wrapping up and around the trident spears...

One place was talking about Navigators having Dolphins in their family coat of arms being sea travelers. being the 1300s when they "moved" and most Templars were royalty, you might be looking at the same puzzle I am from a different angle... France...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 27th December 2010 at 23:36.

9. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

likely you already know this, Celine, but the fish is traditionally symbolic of Christ, & the trident of Poseidon

10. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Hence we see a Delphic tripod with a dolphin upon it, on a silver coin of Vitellius, that emperor having, as the inscription teaches us, been one of the XV. viri appointed to the care of sacrificial ceremonies. A similar type appears on a denarius of Titus, but not with the same legend. -- See XV VIR. SACRis FACiundis.
    ancientcoins

notice it is being sold by Fontaine auction... That might be an old window from the castle...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 27th December 2010 at 23:17.

11. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Venini Dolphin w/Trident Martinuzzi Glass

12. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Neptune- Nimrod --Pisces, Oanes the fish man.

Those are the immediate connections.

Which is about as esoteric as it gets.

The house of chicken?

St. Hubert?

I prefer KFC.... but I might be wrong, it's been a long time since I tried St. Hubert.
    Last edited by Carmody; 27th December 2010 at 22:09.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

13. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The trident is usually a symbol of the underworld.
    I think other posters have indicated something like this... the underworld is the world of sexuality and fear, in other words the earth plane.

About that cat-fish looking symbol.
    Take a look a George Kavassilias. I hope that spelling is close enough to get you there.

He had an experience which he relates in one of his more recent interviews of being taken to the moon where a ET queen resides.
    He had to swim under a ledge to get to her and when he got there, he described her as looking like a catfish but very very big, I can't remember, maybe 8-12 feet long.
    When he returned his bedsheets and clothes were soaking wet and smelled strongly of fish.

Maybe these are clues that will help you in your search.

jeanna

14. Link to Post #13
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)

ancientcoins

notice it is being sold by Fontaine auction... That might be an old window from the castle...
    Wow...this is really great! thank you ...now i just have to find some connections..

15. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Was your family hugenots?

16. Link to Post #15
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

i have no idea...but the Huguenot seem to be part of the 16th century and the castle/fountain is from the 14th century.

interesting read though..thank you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huguenot

17. Link to Post #16
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Also of note- in French terminology, the heir to the throne was "Dauphin" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dauphin_of_France

Hmm.. if the castle was from XIV c, it must've been quite remodelled.. then again, I have quite skewed idea about what constitutes a castle, living where I live

18. Link to Post #17
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Being in the new world... i envy many europeans footfall...

each step, has so much history/enerygy...

This is the only picture/drawing we have found of the castle.

It has been complelty destroyed...though i have no info on when or why. All that remains is the fountain.

And thank you Luke...though i knew the air to the thrown was named dauphin... i did not relate it to the dolphin on the crest.
    Last edited by Celine; 29th December 2010 at 14:38.

19. Link to Post #18
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

It seems also...a street now named " Rue des Martyrs" used to be named rue des Porcheron

20. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Patrick Eudeline published a novel called Rue des Martyrs

This street was sung by Francois Hadji-Lazaro : In the room of Bar-Tabac de la rue des Martyrs.

Quote D es taverns were grouped around the chapel porches, replaced in 1646 by Notre Dame de Lorette, near the present church. Le lieu s'appelait des Porcherons. The place was called porches. Mais le souvenir des supplices dont les buttes Montmartre avaient été le théâtre à l'époque des persécutions du christianisme, ce souvenir ne fut pas consacré sans variante par le nom du chemin ou de la rue des Martyrs, que le plan de Lacaille qualifiait chemin de Montmartre, en y marquant au bas la place des commis chargés de percevoir les droits d'entrée en ville. But the memory of the tortures which the buttes Montmartre had been the scene at the time of persecution of Christianity, this memory was not spent without variation by the path name or the Rue des Martyrs
    well another path leading to a time when the Catholic Church turned on the Templars in France...

Quote I n this street precisely the Duke of Trémoille the reign of Louis XV, had a pied-à-terre for his gallantry; December 28, 1162, where he gave a supper to MM. de Froulay, d'Étampes, de Vieuville et de Valençay, ainsi qu'aux De Lozanges, Saint-Martin, Ledoux et Buart, figurantes à l'Opéra. of Froulay, d'Etampes, and of Vieuville Valençay, as well as with lozanges, St. Martin, Ledoux and Buart, appearing in opera.

A u même corps de ballet appartenait la Dlle Marquise, à demeure rue des Martyrs deux ans auparavant. A t the same ballet belonged Dlle Marquise, rue des Martyrs permanently two years ago. Elle avait déjà des relations avec le duc d'Orléans, père de Philippe Égalité, et elle mit au monde un garçon, qu'il fut question de légitimer. She already had relations with the Duke of Orleans, father of Philip Egalite, and she gave birth to a boy, it was a question of legitimacy. Les avis du conseil que le prince assembla à deux reprises, pour en délibérer, furent partagés : l'abbé de Breteuil, chancelier de sa maison, était favorable au projet ; mais le prince de Conti parlait contre avec énergie. The Board's opinion that Prince assembled twice to deliberate, were divided: the Abbe de Breteuil, chancellor of his house, was favorable, but the Prince de Conti spoke with energy cons. Aussi bien le duc d'Orléans n'était pas sûr que l'enfant ne ressemblât pas au jeune marquis de Villeroi. Both the Duke of Orleans was not sure the child does not resemble the young Marquis of Villeroy.

M ais au commencement du mois de mars suivant, il annonça à toute sa cour la seconde grossesse de sa maîtresse. B ut the beginning of March after he announced to his court the second pregnancy of his mistress. Marquise fut surprise à Bagnolet, pendant l'été, par les douleurs de l'enfantement ; elle accoucha de deux enfants, différents par le sexe, mais tous deux assez délicats pour qu'on jugeât prudent, de les baptiser sur-le-champ, en l'absence du prince. Marquise was surprised at Bagnolet, in the summer, by the pains of childbirth and she gave birth to two children by different sex, but both are sensitive enough to judge him being cautious, to baptize them on the spot in the absence of the prince. M. le curé de Bagnolet demanda quel était le père au parrain et à la marraine, qui n'osèrent pas le nommer, et le baptême fut retardé. The vicar of Bagnolet the father asked what was the sponsor and the sponsor, who dared not name, and baptism was delayed. Quant aux deux enfants ils vécurent ; l'un est la souche d'une famille peu estimable, mais assez haut placée. As for the two children they lived, and one strain is a small family worthy, but pretty high up...

story link translated
    the translations aren't perfect but gives a possible spin of a royal heir...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 29th December 2010 at 20:42.

21. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote The high street rue des Martyrs MINERVA has retained its medieval narrow.
    On voit sur le coté droit la porte des Templiers ! Seen on the right side door of the Templars!

TEMPLARS of the gate called the XIII th century or ownership of hospitals
    I can't grab the images from this link but worth seeing...

Templar entrance 13th century

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast