+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dreams where you're not acting like yourself

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Dreams where you're not acting like yourself

Hi All, this is kind of new to me, and I'm curious if anyone has experienced something similar.

Sometimes in my dreams, I find my self acting like a jerk, and that's putting it lightly! I could say "I would never even dream of saying such a thing", only for I did dream that I said it, so I would be lying.

Here's a recent example from last night. My male friend was there, and we were hanging out with a group. He called me his girlfriend in passing... and at that point I got SO mad! I said to him, "don't call me that" kind of sternly. And as if that wasn't enough, then I repeated myself and said "don't EVER call me that AGAIN!".. much more sternly. It was SO hurtful and mean, I could see how hurt he looked. If that was really me, and someone thought I was their girlfriend but I wasn't, I think I would have handled the situation much better than that.

There's certainly worse ones, I'm mostly curious if this happens to any one else.

Normally I don't talk in my dreams. I can be a jerk without talking too. Although it was only a couple sentences, and I repeated myself, this was quite a lot of talking for one dream.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bob (16th November 2017), Bruno (16th November 2017), Daozen (16th November 2017), gaiagirl (19th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th December 2017), Noelle (16th November 2017), RunningDeer (17th November 2017), shadowstalker (16th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Dreams where you're not acting like yourself

I would think this is a common situation. I am a pretty laid back person that rarely raises my voice in my waking world, but I have killed people or "monsters" in my dreams for reasons that upon waking seem completely ridiculous and horrifying.

We all have darkness with in us and I think recognizing and acknowledging that darkness is good.

I enjoy listening to Jordon Peterson who is a clinical psychologist who often explores our darker aspects. He is very big on the idea that the mass murderer and Auschwitz guard is potentially in all of us.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), gaiagirl (19th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th December 2017), Noelle (16th November 2017), petra (17th November 2017), RunningDeer (17th November 2017), shadowstalker (16th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

Quote Posted by Bruno (here)

He is very big on the idea that the mass murderer and Auschwitz guard is potentially in all of us.
    I think this is probably true up until a certain point is reached on the path to awakening. I suspect, and would hope, beyond that point that eventuality becomes an impossibility.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (16th November 2017), gaiagirl (19th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th December 2017), petra (17th November 2017), RunningDeer (17th November 2017), Words of Joy (18th November 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Had the worst sleep paralysis dream ever a week ago it was horrific had a invisible lady jump on me as i heard her demonic cackle

It was truly awful havn't had night terrors since i was a teen but this felt so real and intense i still have not totally calmed from it as im having my lamp on at night now..

So many different cultures have the incubus and sucubus that i was thinking there may be alot more going on than brain chemistry who knows.........

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daviddjg23 For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017), Ewan (17th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th December 2017), RunningDeer (17th November 2017), Words of Joy (18th November 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

"Something Strange Is Happening to Our Dreams"

Aaron, Melissa and her daughter and mom are experiencing similarities to their dreams.

Truthstream Media - https://www.youtube.com/user/TRUTHstreammedia/videos

Published on Nov 14, 2017

You can tell I haven't been sleeping all that well lately but I just wanted to ask, has this ever happened to you?
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 17th November 2017 at 03:06.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017), Ewan (17th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th December 2017), lisalu (17th November 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

yes it happend to me a few weeks ago, a good friend of minethat ive known for 15 years and lived with for 2 years , but dont see as much anymore because of distance .
    had a dream i started punching him in the face .. we get along good and were both pretty mellow guys so its not like i would ever feel like that but, in the dream for some reason i just started punching him in the face .. not rapidly but 1 every second lol and it went on for a fair while .. no blood tho .. then after that i see him again with one of his friends who is a big guy and i started being a smart ass about it all .... weird ... and nothing like me lol , there might of been some other ones too but carnt remember them , just sort of remembering that it felt like some other force was induceing these deams and feeding off them possibly...thats how i sort of felt when i woke...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grant For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017), Ewan (17th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th December 2017), petra (17th November 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bruno (here)
    We all have darkness with in us and I think recognizing and acknowledging that darkness is good.
    Absolutely, no point in denying it's there. Sometimes I laugh at it.

I remember killing a spiders nest in my house, this actually happened... all the little spiders running for their lives.... and I still recall thinking "This is what Hitler must have felt like".... (facepalm). I didn't want them to breed..... I wonder if Hitler thought that too? (eyeroll)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by daviddjg23 (here)
    Had the worst sleep paralysis dream ever a week ago it was horrific had a invisible lady jump on me as i heard her demonic cackle

It was truly awful havn't had night terrors since i was a teen but this felt so real and intense i still have not totally calmed from it as im having my lamp on at night now..

So many different cultures have the incubus and sucubus that i was thinking there may be alot more going on than brain chemistry who knows.........
    Wow! Well I can tell from you're smiley you're choosing to see the lighter side. Honestly I think laughing at it helps

I've never had sleep paralysis but that sounds awful! I've heard about the incubus succubus stuff too, pretty gross, the thought of any such thing as "astral sex" kind of turns my stomach to be honest, I'm just not very sexual anyway. My dreams are almost never sexual, and if they are, I get extra-suspicious

I've been scared of light at times... and shadows. And foolish little sounds, like the heater cutting in. I boiled it down to some kind of hyper-sensitivity, but maybe it's something else.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by grant (here)
    yes it happend to me a few weeks ago, a good friend of minethat ive known for 15 years and lived with for 2 years , but dont see as much anymore because of distance .
    had a dream i started punching him in the face .. we get along good and were both pretty mellow guys so its not like i would ever feel like that but, in the dream for some reason i just started punching him in the face .. not rapidly but 1 every second lol and it went on for a fair while .. no blood tho .. then after that i see him again with one of his friends who is a big guy and i started being a smart ass about it all .... weird ... and nothing like me lol , there might of been some other ones too but carnt remember them , just sort of remembering that it felt like some other force was induceing these deams and feeding off them possibly...thats how i sort of felt when i woke...
    WOW... yeah that's what I mean, that's how I felt when I woke too, thanks grant. It's pretty creepy feeling to say the least..... but at least we can take solace in the fact that we're safe in our dreams...for the most part I think we are

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Hi All, this is kind of new to me, and I'm curious if anyone has experienced something similar.

Sometimes in my dreams, I find my self acting like a jerk, and that's putting it lightly! I could say "I would never even dream of saying such a thing", only for I did dream that I said it, so I would be lying.

Here's a recent example from last night. My male friend was there, and we were hanging out with a group. He called me his girlfriend in passing... and at that point I got SO mad! I said to him, "don't call me that" kind of sternly. And as if that wasn't enough, then I repeated myself and said "don't EVER call me that AGAIN!".. much more sternly. It was SO hurtful and mean, I could see how hurt he looked. If that was really me, and someone thought I was their girlfriend but I wasn't, I think I would have handled the situation much better than that.

There's certainly worse ones, I'm mostly curious if this happens to any one else.

Normally I don't talk in my dreams. I can be a jerk without talking too. Although it was only a couple sentences, and I repeated myself, this was quite a lot of talking for one dream.
    Maybe you normally are his GF in the astral ? (not being funny btw)

I have plenty of "dreams" with people in I know really well over there but not here, it's here we don't have clue as to what's going on IMO.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017), Ewan (17th November 2017), shadowstalker (17th November 2017), TraineeHuman (17th November 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spiral (here)
    Maybe you normally are his GF in the astral ? (not being funny btw)

I have plenty of "dreams" with people in I know really well over there but not here, it's here we don't have clue as to what's going on IMO.
    Hi Spiral, the thought had crossed my mind... that maybe I was his girlfriend in the dream, but I didn't know it. It's creepy how mad I got though really.... feels like 'girlfriend' was some kind of trigger word.

He and I dated in real life about 20 years ago, slept together once or twice, but nothing major. Also certainly not a warning dream, this guy is sweet as pie, nothing to worry about there.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

betoobig (17th November 2017), Bruno (17th November 2017), Spiral (17th November 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

what i have experience is a detachment from the dream, meaning i dont feel like me who is in the action... to the extent that i had a sexual dream but i felt no exicetment, no sexual pleasure or feeling....weird i guess, but it is extending to "real" life, things happen and i dont feel it personal at all... this just started last week or so.
    Much love to all
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Bruno (20th November 2017), petra (18th November 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

For what it's worth, I think that there might be some shadow stuff going on that you are not aware of and it is being highlighted in this dream. There is the inference that a dream character portraying a boyfriend acted possessively of you and you bristled with resentment (this is what I interpret from your words) and refused to cooperate with him. Is there some aspect of your life where you are not defending/standing up/or keeping safe yourself? Is this a call to action? Does something in your life need fixing?

Maybe these types of dreams are tools to help us evolve. After all, the more knowledgeable amongst us keep saying that humans and Earth are beginning to evolve more rapidly.

There is an excellent talk on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74F2...G_Z4Zx&index=7 about Vitamin D3 and sleep (D2 for the vegans). Although it is long, I have been encouraging family and friends to listen to it. There is quite a bit of talk about sleep paralysis. I have listened to it six times and will need to listen to it a few more times as I am not good at reading notes, should I take them, which is what I should do with this talk.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

betoobig (18th November 2017), leavesoftrees (20th November 2017), petra (18th November 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    what i have experience is a detachment from the dream, meaning i dont feel like me who is in the action... to the extent that i had a sexual dream but i felt no exicetment, no sexual pleasure or feeling....weird i guess, but it is extending to "real" life, things happen and i dont feel it personal at all... this just started last week or so.
    Much love to all
    Just last week, wow, yes it's pretty noticeable when your dreams start changing... for me it was noticeable like a slap in the face!

"don't feel like me"... I get this almost all the time, maybe always, I can't even remember a dream where I felt like myself in it.

Sexual dreams with no excitement... I get that from time to time. I'm starting to put things together, the thing they all have in common is the other person involved doesn't feel like "themselves" either.

It's as if someone impersonates people that I know, and them pops into my dreams and messes around me, and the real me just has to sit there and watch it. It's usually just a vague recollection, and the sexual ones are kind of rare but it feels really violating. Mine's extending to real life too... I just don't want to have sex any more. Touching is ok..... but intercourse no.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bruno (20th November 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gillian (here)
    For what it's worth, I think that there might be some shadow stuff going on that you are not aware of and it is being highlighted in this dream. There is the inference that a dream character portraying a boyfriend acted possessively of you and you bristled with resentment (this is what I interpret from your words) and refused to cooperate with him. Is there some aspect of your life where you are not defending/standing up/or keeping safe yourself? Is this a call to action? Does something in your life need fixing?

Maybe these types of dreams are tools to help us evolve. After all, the more knowledgeable amongst us keep saying that humans and Earth are beginning to evolve more rapidly.

There is an excellent talk on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74F2...G_Z4Zx&index=7 about Vitamin D3 and sleep (D2 for the vegans). Although it is long, I have been encouraging family and friends to listen to it. There is quite a bit of talk about sleep paralysis. I have listened to it six times and will need to listen to it a few more times as I am not good at reading notes, should I take them, which is what I should do with this talk.
    Video to bookmark! Oh so overwhelming I really appreciate you taking the time to explain so much in the message, thanks a ton Gillian, this is all really new to me. I have to try not to shut down from information over load. I have heard vitamin B6 is good for the recall too.

I try to think of my dreams like a learning tool as well, some of the meaning is a bit blatant to me, I already know I don't want to be anyone's girlfriend. But I also know I'm not that rude either, and acting that way even if it's only in a dream makes me feel kind of violated.

EDIT: It wasn't quite what I'd call possessive, more matter of fact. Later the same day (in real life) I was at the hospital waiting for my mom to finish a test, and he came to visit me while I was waiting - I had no idea he worked so close to the hospital. Really nice fellow

There's other stuff that I think is more likely to be shadow stuff, like the creepy things looking at me. When this guy looked at me, it was sad and disappointing like I hurt his feelings. But I have had other ones where the thing looking at me looks sadistic. Hard to describe... I call it an "evil grin". Only happened twice thankfully, but also a few times in real life. My general rule is to go on alert when something "feels wrong" or "gives me the creeps".
    Last edited by petra; 18th November 2017 at 22:53.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bruno (20th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread