+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawkwind confirm that former keyboardist and synth guru Michael ‘DikMik’ Davies has died.

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Default Hawkwind confirm that former keyboardist and synth guru Michael ‘DikMik’ Davies has died.

Hawkwind have confirmed that their former synth player and keyboardist Michael ‘DikMik’ Davies has died.

Davies was brought into the band by his friend and band leader Dave Brock shortly after Hawkwind’s formation in 1969.

He played on the band’s self-titled 1970 album and also appeared on 1971’s In Search Of Space and 1972’s Doremi Fasol Latido before leaving in 1973.

Hawkwind issued a statement which reads: “We are very sad to let you know that our old friend and band mate DikMik, Michael Davies, passed away early this morning.

“He will be loved and remembered for his innovative contributions not only to Hawkwind, but to a whole musical genre of which he was an important pioneer.”

RIP DikMik - My ears still ring with your sonics !

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th November 2017), Calz (17th November 2017), happyuk (17th November 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th November 2017), Spiral (17th November 2017), Sunny-side-up (17th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Default Re: Hawkwind confirm that former keyboardist and synth guru Michael ‘DikMik’ Davies has died.

End of an era, we'll not see the likes again !

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th November 2017), Calz (17th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017), Wockey (18th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Hawkwind confirm that former keyboardist and synth guru Michael ‘DikMik’ Davies has died.

Would love to find the video on youtube ( can't find it now.. and I've searched !! ) of Tim Blake performing "Lighthouse" live whilst he was tagged ( couldn't leave house to attend gig he was going to do with Hawkwind ) that was broadcast live to the fans at a hawkfest event I think - he nails it as he rocks out on his own !!
    If anyone know where to view it please let me know !!

Sat and had a smoke backstage with them quiet a few years ago after one of their gigs - beautifully intelligent people and a pleasure to be around.
    True gents.

@ spiral - I was only thinking the same a few days ago and it struck me that I don't think they will ever disband - to fluid. members come and go. They will be the first band to release an album ( or whatever is around then ) to mark their 100th year !!
    Last edited by Did You See Them; 17th November 2017 at 16:04.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (17th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Hope you have a magical ride to the other side Mr Michael ‘DikMik’ Davies.

Hawkwind's silver machine. Highlights: Lemmy lead vocals. Stacia, dancer!

http://www.uncut.co.uk/features/the-...-machine-15940

quote from above
    The perfect environment, then, for Hawkwind. Formed as Group X in Notting Hill in 1969, their proto-punk racket and play-anywhere ethos attracted an army of disaffected longhairs, inspired by their intensity and zero-bull**** attitude. “They looked like a bunch of spacemen who had been on a ship for a thousand years and gone completely wacko,” recalled novelist Michael Moorcock of the band in full flight.

His passing and your link have reminded me of one of my favorite novalists and my HW favorate record 'Needle gun' inspired by Michael Moorcock stories.
    'The Cronicale of the BLACK SWARD' album...

Weard male dance o.0 The one with the sward.

The lyrics:
    'So you're alive, I thought you was done
    I'm gonna bring you down with my needle gun
    Feel my pin prick tattoo your spine
    Give it a minute, your life's entwined

With mine
    Hear my laughter
    In your head
    It's a pity it's a shame

Nothing's been said
    It's a vaccination joy
    With the ultimate death toy
    It's gonna make you run

Needle, needle gun
    .'

Wish I had been there

Back then my old custom Morris Minor van had casset player that used to play 'Needle Gun' at twice the speed. I don't know how I survived.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th November 2017), happyuk (17th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

One of my old fav's and very apt now ( SSP )

"Uncle Sams on Mars"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread